Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

Chackey

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost impossible to get her to max affection... she doesn't like ANYTHING.

If you're female, this is correct. She doesn't like any gifts. If you're dark side, she doesn't like anything you do. So if you're a dark side female... Good luck lol.

It's kinda a poor design for her. No other companion has as low affection gain for gifts, whatever class/gender you are.

If you're female, this is correct. She doesn't like any gifts. If you're dark side, she doesn't like anything you do. So if you're a dark side female... Good luck lol.

It's kinda a poor design for her. No other companion has as low affection gain for gifts, whatever class/gender you are.

This is horribly inaccurate. Yeah you can't get her to the romance stage if you are female but she does like weapons, military gear, republic memorabilia and cultural artifacts. I had no trouble at all getting to max affection with her as a dark side female inquisitor. Just give in to the conversation points you know she wants to hear. I realize she doesnt "turn" like Jaesa but for a dark side sith like my inquisitor it was more gratifying gaining her trust by allowing her to see that I wanted change for the empire even though that change was still only because I wanted to be in power.

This is really a shame.

I was going to create a Sith Warrior...but I decided to go with a Sith Inquisitor...to get Force Valor unlocked for my main Knight.

So for story purposes...I plan to play him as basically the nemesis to my Knight...just an evil, powerful Sith Sorcerer.

After reading about what a Sith Warrior could do with Jaesa...I figured the Inquisitor would get the same opportunity for great story with Ashara.

Unfortunately...I will still be playing the Inquisitor over the Warrior simply for the Force Valor unlock. Shameful.

Oh well...at least Khem Val looks like he will be a bad*** companion.

Edited by VitalityPrime

After reading about what a Sith Warrior could do with Jaesa...I figured the Inquisitor would get the same opportunity for great story with Ashara.

Unfortunately...I will still be playing the Inquisitor over the Warrior simply for the Force Valor unlock. Shameful.

Oh well...at least Khem Val looks like he will be a bad*** companion.

I felt the same way, Khem is a complete bad***....until his "inner voice" speaks. Oh, well, hoping Xalek turns out to be a good comp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Weren't there dark jedi who weren't necessarily sith? id like the option btw to romance her playing a female.

Not gonna happen. Bioware has already said that any same sex connections will most likely be with new companions, not the existing ones. There's an eleventy billion page thread on this in another subforum.

I don't much mind Ashara, though I would complain about having the ability to turn her. To me, she's what is often erroneously called in pro wrestling, a 'tweener'. She's like the ex of mine who was an avowed atheist but yelled "OH MY GOD" during "the act". Chalk it up to figure of speech but how many people yell "OH MY SANTA CLAUS" (or other fictional beings they don't believe exist)?

In my mind, Ashara is a real person. Real people often say one thing and do another. Real people call themselves "hard workers" even though they push paper for a living and are constantly looking for ways to get out of working. Real people are more gray than black or white. Think of how many people can quote scripture and yet act as wicked as you can imagine. That's Ashara! She goes on and on and on about the Jedi Code and Jedi teachings....and then is complicit in murders and massacres. Making it so she officially joins the group associated with those deeds doesn't really matter much. Do you need to be a Crip or a Blood or a Latin King to engage in gang violence? When people think "evil" in SW lore, they often think 'Sith'. When people think "Organized crime", they usually think "the mafia". In both cases, you can be evil or an organized criminal without being part of their iconic organizations. But maybe the best way to do it for Ashara would be adding two missions. One mission in which you turn her and one "fade to black" mission where she goes to Korriban to complete the transformation. Preferably, after the player acquires Xalek (as that could trample on his story).

In my mind, Ashara is a real person. Real people often say one thing and do another. Real people call themselves "hard workers" even though they push paper for a living and are constantly looking for ways to get out of working. Real people are more gray than black or white. Think of how many people can quote scripture and yet act as wicked as you can imagine. That's Ashara! She goes on and on and on about the Jedi Code and Jedi teachings....and then is complicit in murders and massacres. Making it so she officially joins the group associated with those deeds doesn't really matter much. Do you need to be a Crip or a Blood or a Latin King to engage in gang violence? When people think "evil" in SW lore, they often think 'Sith'. When people think "Organized crime", they usually think "the mafia". In both cases, you can be evil or an organized criminal without being part of their iconic organizations. But maybe the best way to do it for Ashara would be adding two missions. One mission in which you turn her and one "fade to black" mission where she goes to Korriban to complete the transformation. Preferably, after the player acquires Xalek (as that could trample on his story).

A compelling argument but I don't think it fits exactly.

The problem is that Ashara isn't just some low level jedi or anything like that. She is the apprentice to a member OF the dark council itself. I generally always try to think that Ashara has just gone insane, which I think accurately depicts her.

As a lightside female inquisitor, having to rerun the Belsavis dailies just to be able to see the end of her conversation...

Why don't gifts work on her ? What was the reasoning and why was it never fixed ?

Maybe she's a tomboy. Or one of those types of women who have tons of male friends but almost no female friends?

And to fix it, it has to be acknowledged to be an anomaly. Two years in, I don't think that's the case. If it is a bug, it has enough seniority to be promoted to 'feature'. :p

Cordarn, that still doesn't change the fact that, unlike most (all?) of the other LIs,

you can't marry her. You get the milk AND the cookies for free without having to put a ring on it (which I don't see as a problem but some might).

I simply cannot get over this. Almost to the point where I simply cannot level an Inq. I really feel like I should just be playing a Warrior.

It just makes no sense that this wouldn't be an option...especially considering that Warriors have this option with Jaesa.

We've just got to keep pushing for some kind of fix to affection gain and or possibly some more companion storylines in the expansions. Its probably one of the most requested features to have some more interaction storywise with companions.

Edited by Taareth

First off, sorry if this has been brought up already - don't have the time to go through all of the posts.

The way I view Ashara (if you are darkside) is that she is simply a tool for you to use / manipulate in order to help you gain an advantage in any future dealings with the Jedi Council. You can lead her to believe that you want 'peace', but you are really just wrapping her around your finger to gain more power for yourself (an ally that follows you out of respect is a better ally than one that follows because you forced them to).

There are several points in her story where she goes off to try to bring other Jedi to 'your cause'. I see it as her bringing you more people to manipulate to your true cause (think Palpatine in Ep. 1-3).

Personally, I quite like her as a character. She is neither little miss goody two shoes, nor is she 'AHHH KILL KILL KILL!' (*cough* like Jaesa *cough*).

First off, sorry if this has been brought up already - don't have the time to go through all of the posts.

The way I view Ashara (if you are darkside) is that she is simply a tool for you to use / manipulate in order to help you gain an advantage in any future dealings with the Jedi Council. You can lead her to believe that you want 'peace', but you are really just wrapping her around your finger to gain more power for yourself (an ally that follows you out of respect is a better ally than one that follows because you forced them to).

There are several points in her story where she goes off to try to bring other Jedi to 'your cause'. I see it as her bringing you more people to manipulate to your true cause (think Palpatine in Ep. 1-3).

Personally, I quite like her as a character. She is neither little miss goody two shoes, nor is she 'AHHH KILL KILL KILL!' (*cough* like Jaesa *cough*).

Yeah, that's really the best way you can spin it as a darkside Inquisitor...and I will admit...I like "palpatine" angle...while not actually being a different person completely. Just a different personality towards Ashara to manipulate everything in your favor and have all the pieces to the big puzzle fall into place.

I guess it would make sense in that the darkside Inquisitor is really out for nothing and no one else but more power and himself.

That being said, I think I still prefer the Warrior/Jaesa type relationship for a pure darkside character.

Couldn't that also apply to light side Inquisitors? I mean, the Jedi will still be largely skeptical, since a Sith Lord is still a Sith Lord. But having one of their own who shows few signs (if any) of dark side tendencies can go a long way. And a light sided Sith Lord will have far better intentions than a dark sided one.

And I do think that even light sided Inquisitors want to change (or destroy) the Jedi Order. Something slightly similar to the Revan described in TSL.

Well, after looking at the Inquisitor story in a whole new light, I've come to actually respect Ashara.

This was something I always perceived as being a "weak point" with the story.

On paper, the idea of the Warrior being able to turn Jaesa darkside was perfect for a darkside character...and it didn't make sense for the Inquisitor to not have the option with Ashara.

However, I'm now looking at the Inquisitor story as being a true "origin" story/rise to power...so now I can also look at the story from Ashara's character, as it being her "fall". While she truly never waivers from saying she is a jedi throughout the story...there are clear signs that she is becoming more and more detached from them and their way of thinking.

So unlike Jaesa, where it's basically a lightswitch, turning her completely to the darkside with one choice...Ashara is slowly falling throughout the story. So you never see her completely fall to the darkside on screen...but you can definitely believe she will eventually.

Granted, I still wish that she would eventually completely fall on screen (ie. having all your choices and dialog eventually lead to a change)...but I've come to respect what is.

Edited by VitalityPrime

Granted, I still wish that she would eventually completely fall on screen (ie. having all your choices and dialog eventually lead to a change)...but I've come to respect what is.

I feel the companion storyines were supposed to be continued with the continuation of class stories, but once they realized that they could just do generic storylines, we pretty much lost companion storylines.

There is nothing to respect about that decision, we want more story...that was the best part of the game afterall.

Well, after looking at the Inquisitor story in a whole new light, I've come to actually respect Ashara.

This was something I always perceived as being a "weak point" with the story.

On paper, the idea of the Warrior being able to turn Jaesa darkside was perfect for a darkside character...and it didn't make sense for the Inquisitor to not have the option with Ashara.

However, I'm now looking at the Inquisitor story as being a true "origin" story/rise to power...so now I can also look at the story from Ashara's character, as it being her "fall". While she truly never waivers from saying she is a jedi throughout the story...there are clear signs that she is becoming more and more detached from them and their way of thinking.

So unlike Jaesa, where it's basically a lightswitch, turning her completely to the darkside with one choice...Ashara is slowly falling throughout the story. So you never see her completely fall to the darkside on screen...but you can definitely believe she will eventually.

IDK if this is the case as a DS SI (mine's settled on Light III), but as a LS SI, Ashara starts to adopt (to me anyway) some of the beliefs and teaching of... Revan. Where, she adopts some dark side tendencies, but still keeps some light side ones. Now I'm not saying she'd be the next Revan, or even have what it takes to be the next Revan, but it sounds like she'd easily be one of his followers.