Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

Chackey

I wish we could find out if we will be able to turn her when they add more content. The conversations you have with her makes it seem like she's slowly realizing she's not happy with some of the Jedi's ways. I'm SOOO hoping that this is the case, and we're just slowly manipulating her to become our real apprentice & embrace being a sith.

I also wish the Dev's would at least acknowledge whether they know we would like this option. I have no idea if they have even read this thread or others that voice the same opinion.

Edited by PiffyEQ

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have absolutely no problem with not being able to turn Ashara. I personally think it's cool that my character is instrumental in helping mold one of the first Grey jedi in Star Wars lore. Despite not being able to turn her you do have a significant influence on her.

Personally, I feel if the NPC is just too strong-willed to be turned to the dark-side we should have the option to take the journey of becoming a grey jedi or Jedi with her or alternatively to kill her.

Personally I'd like to eject her out the air lock. Stuck up Jedi snob, so happy I have the "Punish" ability in my general tab.. A shock collar could be fun, but I think a torture table would much more at home in my ship.

Oh and before I forget, although the quest ends as I described, we are on a journey so who knows what plans they have with her. She might be turnable in later episodes or expansions.

I'd like to put Zash's mind in her body and romance that way!

Plus, please stop her from saying she doesn't have a choice if you took the conversation option where you totally 100% gave her a choice.

Making companions in general react to what you've said in conversations in terms of how they regard you would be good. This one bothers me, too. As if I'm forcing her to do horrible things.

I'm a good guy and she rarely ever disapproves of what I do, lol.

Did any of you ever take the time to think that it might be in the future storyline? They aren't done with the game yet that's why its called an interlude. You never know what they have in store but think about it if you could turn her to the dark side a lot of people would complain because the same thing can happen to another companion who will remain unnamed just give it time.

i think you should have the option of turning her but i feel shes meant to be neutral. I personally like her neutral because thats how i play my character but i think you should definitely have the option of turning her. i wish vette was corruptible though you do get to shock her but eventually you need to remove it continue on with her story so not a great solution

/Signed.

This so-called Jedi made an alliance with me to help overthrow the Emperor and has accompanied me on my travels ever since. That should give me plenty of time to wear her down and turn her.

Same thing with Vette. You should be able to break her will without resorting to removing the collar.

Having the option to turn her would be pretty cool, since Xalek is pretty damned boring (why did I not have the option to agree with Harkun?). But at the same time, I do like the dynamic that her attitude balances out/'redeems' (as someone else put it) the SI if you romance her. I don't know where else that happens. Sure, Jaesa can be turned either way, but she's only romanceable as dark and clownishly evil, and the story, whether you romance her or not, really isn't that deep. Although in a perfect world, you could customize Ashara (and probably other companions in the game, particularly apprentices/padawans), I do appreciate that she's more neutral, since that fits with how I play, and I very very rarely ever get minuses from her.

So, cool thing to add one day. But not gonna break my experience. I do like Ashara as is.

But at the same time, I do like the dynamic that her attitude balances out/'redeems' (as someone else put it) the SI if you romance her.

I dont however like it being the pretty much only option.

I remember how angry I was back when I still leveled up my inquisitor that I couldnt 'turn' her to dark side. Ive since somewhat grown accustomed to Asharas weird personality, and propably couldnt enjoy turning option even if it was introduced at a later date. It is still very weird that inquisitor cant turn anybody.

Khem is nice as a 'pet monster' even though he is unbelievably weak at what he does (tanking), but boring as a darkside companion. Xalek was born boring. His shield chances being still bugged after all these months doesnt help.

I wish I had some kind of interesting dark side personality as a companion.. Maybe not Ashara, but somebody. Someone who relishes casual violence á la Kaliyo Djannis.

Inquisitors feel pretty shafted in terms of companions.

Edited by Karkais

I dont however like it being the pretty much only option.

I remember how angry I was back when I still leveled up my inquisitor that I couldnt 'turn' her to dark side. Ive since somewhat grown accustomed to Asharas weird personality, and propably couldnt enjoy turning option even if it was introduced at a later date. It is still very weird that inquisitor cant turn anybody.

Khem is nice as a 'pet monster' even though he is unbelievably weak at what he does (tanking), but boring as a darkside companion. Xalek was born boring. His shield chances being still bugged after all these months doesnt help.

I wish I had some kind of interesting dark side personality as a companion.. Maybe not Ashara, but somebody. Someone who relishes casual violence á la Kaliyo Djannis.

Inquisitors feel pretty shafted in terms of companions.

I agree the sith warrior has the OPTION to turn jaesa to the dark side we SI would like the OPTION to turn ashara to the dark side. When playing taris they really played up that she is going to turn then they did a 180 and went sry bro she is not dark side and there is nothing you could do to change that.

If it was any normal sith and ashara said that she is sticking to her jedi teachings to someone like say darth baras he would strap her to a board and force lightninged her until she falls to the dark side. Or throw her in the airlock.

Hell even darth malak converted bastila to the dark side via the torture method.

Lets not forget that zash outright says to you right to your face that ashara is not a sith all I want is an option to correct that. A sith would let a force user stay on their ship without making them fall to the dark side.

Edited by lokdron

Actually, I wonder if that would be a good thing.

Being able to shift other people's opinion is nice, but in a RPG, the key with NPCs is that they are not playthings. Some can be reasoned with, others cannot. Some are gullible, others are hardcases, headstrong, stubborn or simply devout enough to ignore what you try to convince them of. That's part of what make them characters and not clay pets. After all, you have the option of having your character shift to the light side, if you do not, why should she bend over for you ? :)

My problem is, as a dark side character, you might see no reason to keep her as a companion beyond the clearly OCC "five companions is better than four". You get that problem with at least one companion per class - Tanno Vik or Elara Dorne when you're trooper, Kira/T7 or Lord Scourge when you're JK... the list goes on. there's always at least one in the bunch that does not seem to fit. And, ideally, you should be able to choose which companions you keep and which you don't. That would have been possible if they had set the maximum number of companions you can send on missions to 3 instead of 5 - that would have made two companions "redundant", which would have allowed you to weigh their tactical interest against their obvious psychological mismatch. Right now, you cannot even try and get rid of them (thank you, beta testers :/) and if you do, you are at a net loss.

But I find that a minor hindrance. Qyzen Fess and Zenith never leave the ship except for missions, Lord Scourge only rampages archeological fields, and Tanno Vik does his dirty deals from the ship's cargo bay. I ignore them. But if they could all be convinced to become what I want them to become, they would have no character of their own - they would be flesh drones, pets in every way.

Until we can get rid of them, I'd rather leave them how they are.

Edited by Silversable

You make good points, Silversable, but personally, I just can't stand that our only romanceable female is a light side force character that cannot be turned, when compared to what the other classes get.

If you play a DS Bounty Hunter, I guess you are stuck with Mako, who is not overly ruthless and malicious either. Less devout, but soft-hearted anyway.

I do not think you can turn Nadia Grell to the Dark Side (or Iresso, for that matter). Which means that DS Consulars are stuck as well.

Conversely, try going Light Side and goody-two-shoes and gain affection / romance Risha. It's a pain. Corso is a similar pain for DS female smugglers.

I think you could say the same thing for all romanceable companions : if you go their way, they're okay. If you find yourself at odds with them, they are not. The only exception, I think, is the male Sith Warrior, who can turn Jaesa DS or "keep" her LS (and note that if you play a female SW, you do not get that choice of "flexible" romanceable companion, Malavai Quinn is all you get). But *that* is the exception, not the SI. The SI companions are in line with the others.

I think most people are so hell-bent on playing Dark Side SI and so used to seeing things bend their way that they have difficulty admitting that, as a general rule, companion NPCs (among others) in the SWtOR universe are extremely set in their ways :p