Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

Chackey

Wow, and here I was just today, decided to roll my first Inquisitor. I read up on wiki the various followers you get and I saw Ashara and thought "Cool, it'll be like the Sith Warrior." Then I read here, and its like; Nope.

Now I'm thinking; Screw Inquisitors off.

I wonder why they didn't make it so she could be either Light or Dark depending on the character. From what I have read, Jaesa can be either.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, and here I was just today, decided to roll my first Inquisitor. I read up on wiki the various followers you get and I saw Ashara and thought "Cool, it'll be like the Sith Warrior." Then I read here, and its like; Nope.

Now I'm thinking; Screw Inquisitors off.

I wonder why they didn't make it so she could be either Light or Dark depending on the character. From what I have read, Jaesa can be either.

Yes jaesa can be light or dark thats why SI's are so annoyed since we don't have that option.

I Support this. If your a light si you can keep her as is. but if your a dark side si you should have the option to turn her . I mean come on your a sith in the EMPIRE and you can't have a dark love interest. Even the SW got it.

i can see why darkside inquisitors might dislike ashara, but i'm playing a lightside assassin currently and she's awesome. she meshes perfectly with my character, her inner-conflict aobut being a jedi who's following a sith is really interesting and the philosphical discussions between her and my character about the nature of the sith and what they currently are and what they could be are probably some of the most interesting in the game, at least as a lightside sith.

her desire to help my character change the sith into something more stable and rational seems genuine and completely plausible.

so basically ive come to the conclusion that Ashara, and in fact the entire sith inquisitor storyline was written with a lightside character in mind. i mean from a base level the darkside inquisitor is just another generic power hungry sociopath sith. while the lightside inquisitor comes off as a complex anti-hero character with actual goals and motivations to push him towards his rise to power and to change the very society he lives in.

Ashara is a vehicle for you to explain your characters perception of the sith code and what the sith society should be. so dealing with her either turns into an interesting philosophical discussion about how sith aren't inherently evil and how a change of leadership could change the nature of the sith. OR it can just be "mwhahaha im an evil jerk sith like all the others mwhahaha!"

turning Ashara to the darkside is the OPPOSITE of the point of her character. she's supposed to be the one turning you to the light. so comparing her to jaesa isn't really fair since they're different characters and exist for different reasons. the sith warrior is all about being the tip of the sword of the sith empire. the hammer. so turning a jedi to the darkside is about showing the brutality. the sith inquisitor is much more subtle and philosophical than that. well as long as you let it. in a way i feel people who play the inquisitor darkside are robbing themselves of one of the most indepth stories in the game

personally i'm EXTREMELY invested in my inquisitors story. im halfway through act 3 right now. a huge part of that is that im invested in my characters motivations. darkside doesn't have that, and Ashara is a huge part of showing those motivations, so twisting her to the "mwhaha im a cartoon villian" evil side kinda defeats the entire purpose of her character.

Edited by Clonedzero

I like to look at Ashara's morality as an asset. Khem and Xalek would kill me if they could, and Andronikos just wants my ship. But Ashara thinks I'm going to bring peace to the galaxy, so she's fanatically devoted to me. That's the kind of attitude I want my servants to have.

i can see why darkside inquisitors might dislike ashara, but i'm playing a lightside assassin currently and she's awesome. she meshes perfectly with my character, her inner-conflict aobut being a jedi who's following a sith is really interesting and the philosphical discussions between her and my character about the nature of the sith and what they currently are and what they could be are probably some of the most interesting in the game, at least as a lightside sith.

her desire to help my character change the sith into something more stable and rational seems genuine and completely plausible.

so basically ive come to the conclusion that Ashara, and in fact the entire sith inquisitor storyline was written with a lightside character in mind. i mean from a base level the darkside inquisitor is just another generic power hungry sociopath sith. while the lightside inquisitor comes off as a complex anti-hero character with actual goals and motivations to push him towards his rise to power and to change the very society he lives in.

Ashara is a vehicle for you to explain your characters perception of the sith code and what the sith society should be. so dealing with her either turns into an interesting philosophical discussion about how sith aren't inherently evil and how a change of leadership could change the nature of the sith. OR it can just be "mwhahaha im an evil jerk sith like all the others mwhahaha!"

turning Ashara to the darkside is the OPPOSITE of the point of her character. she's supposed to be the one turning you to the light. so comparing her to jaesa isn't really fair since they're different characters and exist for different reasons. the sith warrior is all about being the tip of the sword of the sith empire. the hammer. so turning a jedi to the darkside is about showing the brutality. the sith inquisitor is much more subtle and philosophical than that. well as long as you let it. in a way i feel people who play the inquisitor darkside are robbing themselves of one of the most indepth stories in the game

personally i'm EXTREMELY invested in my inquisitors story. im halfway through act 3 right now. a huge part of that is that im invested in my characters motivations. darkside doesn't have that, and Ashara is a huge part of showing those motivations, so twisting her to the "mwhaha im a cartoon villian" evil side kinda defeats the entire purpose of her character.

Problem is that everyone does not play your way and that is simply your opinion. Plus don't tell me that it defeats her character when the SI spends a whole planet storyline trying to make her fall to the dark side. Then finally when you get back to the ship she does a 180 and goes "sry bro I am not dark side deal with it" and there is nothing you can do to change that. To me thats a cop out. Through out taris it kept foreshadowing that we can corrupt her but the story simply went NO YOU CAN'T she is LS/GREY FOREVER.

As everyone keeps saying we want the OPTION to turn her those who want to keep her as she is can but we SI who are dark side or follows the teachings of the sith want the OPTION to turn her to a dark side.

Plus after playing a LS sith i personally feel its tacked on and don't get me started on using heavy ds powers as a LS sith like death field and creeping terror. :rolleyes: As said before the SI being written as a LS story is your opinion.

Edited by lokdron

Turning Ashara makes no sense. the entire point of her is to give another viewpoint and philosophy on the force. the inquisitor storyline is pretty much all sith. every major enemy you fight is a sith. jedi show up, but they're not really significant or important.

Ashara adds that jedi viewpoint, a differing perspective on the force and how it should be used. She's also a tool to show how the inquisitor wants to stabilize the empire and change the siths ways. it shows unity of different people of different backrounds and ideologies working together for the good of the galaxy.

the reason i say its obviously written with lightside in mind is because well, lightside has alot more depth to it. you actually have believable motivations and goals. you know why he's doing what he's doing and why the other sith are so threatened by it.

thanaton is THE strict traditionalist, as lightside you're basically seeking to change the government and sith society as a whole, so you can see why he, despite being vastly more powerful than you still see's you as a threat. as darkside? uh, you're another generic powerhungry jerk sith?

Lightside sith inquisitor = antihero, charming, insightful, philosophical, revolutionary, renaissance man.

Darkside sith inquisitor = irrational, angry, violent, sadistic, cruel, close-minded, ignorant, and often times flat out stupid (yeah kill off and treat your allies like dirt, im sure thats not the reason why the sith empire is known for backstabbing each other)

even despite the way i see how it was written withlightside in mind, i dont see any reason to turn her. you can't really say the sith inquisitor is a master manipulator, cus he's not. he's a young slave that keeps tripping into situations, getting way over his head and having to either luck-out or flat out cheat to win every battle.. i played lightside so i tried to be as diplomatic and manipulative as possible to avoid killing people. it never really works.

he's more of a scheming sith batman, you know always fighting people WAY more powerful than he is, but given clever planning and preparation is able to beat them

the only other character you can turn is jaesa, and thats because its part of her story. no one else can be changed. sure she's the only female love interest for the SI, but so what? shouldnt that make her love story more interesting, two people with opposite ideals and views on the world still fall in love? blah blah.

tell you what, i'll agree that Ashara should be turnable to the darkside IF khem can also be turned to being a nice guy. if you want ashara to completely go against her character and personality to be evil and ruthless, then i want khem to be super nice and friendly, helping little girls get kittens out of trees. the friendly dashade, with feelings.

That is simply your opinion and I disagree with it. So what you are saying that DS SI are playing their story wrong kk. Please don't tell people how to roleplay you don't know how I play my dark side SI so don't presume you know how I play my character.

Plus khem is not having a crisis of identity like ashara and we don't spend an entire story arc trying to make khem a nice guy like trying to make ashara fall to the dark side on taris. What we are asking for is the OPTION for ds inquisitors capitalize on ashara's identity crisis and push her down the dark side. A ds inquisitor would not keep a LS/grey force user on their ship they would do whatever is possible to make the force user fall to the dark side.

As the sith warrior said jedi should either fall to the dark side or be destroyed by the sith. You know balmorra? After the battle all the jedi that were captured guess what darth lachris is going to do with the jedi? She is going to make them fall to the dark side! Thats what sith do when dealing with jedi they either make them fall to the dark side or destroy them.

Since we spend a whole planet trying to do this and then finally making it seem like she is going to fall the game goes nope sry bro she is lightside/grey nothing you can do to change that.

As I said before if you want the current ashara YOU CAN KEEP HER. All we are asking for is an OPTION. Whats wrong with more choices? Plus it makes sense for a DS SI to go to whatever means possible to make a force user fall to the dark side. My sith lord in kotor 2 did it cause to the sith jedi are heretics and the sith view the light side as tainted.

Oh and about my companions? I am a DS inquisitor and me, khem, andronikus, xalek and talos get on great as I said before don't presume how people play.

Edited by lokdron

its fine that im lightside and you're darkside, i was merely explaining why im lightside and why i think its more interesting. i was also using my lightside perspective to show how turning her would basically completely ruin the entire point of her character.

her character was written to give you a different perspective on things. every class has the more lightside characters and the more darkside characters. the ONLY character in the entire game that you can change their alignment is jaesa.

jedi knights get a sith lord who constantly calls you stupid for following the jedi code. why can't they redeem him and make him good? BECAUSE ITS PART OF HIS CHARACTER.

i mean whats even the point of having a story, or characters, or personalities if they just go "uh, well you can pick it i guess"

the reason i went into such length about why im lightside is because ashara is OBVIOUSLY written with lightside inquisitors in mind. she's a big sounding board for you to explain your perspectives to her and when you do the lightside stuff it goes into alot more depth. and thats fine. some characters should be light and others shoudl be dark. you feel frustration with having a lightside grey jedi on your crew? well i feel just as much if not more frustration having an evil dashade that constantly talks about killing me on my crew as that makes so little sense its not even funny.

oh that she's the love interest for males it makes it a bigger deal? nadia is extremely lightside and is the only romance option for the male consular. kira is very lightside as well and is the only romance option for the male knight. mako is lightside and is the only option for male bounty hunters. see a pattern? its because for romance to feel realistic the characters have to be sympathetic and likable. a crazy over the top darkside chick is not likable (see darkside jaesa, she's crazy....) for a romance to work people have to open up and be nice to each other, which goes against the character of a darkside sith cus allt he darkside sith choices come off as a crazy person.

also. completely ignoring the story, lore and basic writing reasons why it makes no sense and would be a terrible change. how would they even implement something like this? reset her affection so you redo all her convos again? rerecord all the conversations? do you know how much work that would take? its a ridiculous request for such a minor thing.

i think we should have the option to put a shock collar on ANY companion, not just vetta (sith warrior line). That way, when we get the whiney light-side comments from ashara, we can at least shock her to get some DS points and feel better, DS wise. Not to mention being able to shock that damn robot or vector when he disproves any of your choices...

We had a similar thread on the Beta forums and I'm sure many with me still think it's a sad part that our only Apprentice is not turnable to the dark side.

Running around with a Lightside crybaby when you are "Darkside 5" yourself is annoying and laughable, hardly think it's fair. Either give us an option what side she will belong to or make her turnable in some way.

Maybe that she gains Darkside points the same time we do? (Perhaps at a lower rate?)

Dont we get another apprentice thats Darkside? I havent got him yet but Xalek looks pretty evil so far.

I dont really mind since my SI is LS but II do wish she would give up on being a Jedi and embrace her LS Sithiness.

"Oh I can marry you because its forbidden and I need the councils approval"

Excuse me b*****? Youve been helping me kill Jedi, mocked their ways for the last 4 planets, and have been learning from a Sith Lord (which you ******, BTW) against your old Masters approval and NOW you have a problem.

I seriously wanted to stab her. /sigh ... women :rolleyes:

Edited by MasterKayote

Dont we get another apprentice thats Darkside? I havent got him yet but Xalek looks pretty evil so far.

Xalek is extremely bland. He appreciates "brevity" but I wish he would give me a feeling of being a Sith apprentice rather than a foreign person cleaning hotel rooms because he

doesnt

talk

Robots are way more talkative in this game than Xalek. It also hurts that he has the Kaleesh bonemask face that doesnt express any emotion. Xalek certainly doesnt register as 'evil'. Almost every person in a MMO can be a fighter, that doesnt set him apart.

I think in his entire companion quest chain he says less words than is in your post, MasterKayote.

His companion quests are like this:

Xalek: "Master, youre a great warrior."

Inquisitor: "Ok".

Im sorry if I spoiled it for anyone but.. Sith warrior storyline is 10000 times better... Ive enjoyed it immensely after I started playing it (currently lvl 30 and I love it). I love inquisitor as a character concept and how it plays but.. Inq story is the weakest link Ive found so far in this game. It had some bright spots but the stains far outweigh the good parts.

I have come to accept Ashara as my primary apprentice mainly because she at least looks the part. Medium armor is the most sith-looking armor in the game imo. Shes great companion in combat, if not the best and not bugged like Xalek. I accept her one-liners because I imagine that I have just toyed with her emotions, thats why shes her confused little self. I just have to pretend that her companion quest chain ever happened.

Ps. inquisitor was my first character, maybe I wouldve done things a lot differently if it hadnt been the case. Maybe there actually were better options. I dont know because it certainly wasnt what I was expecting and hoping.

Edited by Karkais

Xalek is extremely bland. He appreciates "brevity" but I wish he would give me a feeling of being a Sith apprentice rather than a foreign person cleaning hotel rooms because he

doesnt

talk

Robots are way more talkative in this game than Xalek. It also hurts that he has the Kaleesh bonemask face that doesnt express any emotion. Xalek certainly doesnt register as 'evil'. Almost every person in a MMO can be a fighter, that doesnt set him apart.

I think in his entire companion quest chain he says less words than is in your post, MasterKayote.

His companion quests are like this:

Xalek: "Master, youre a great warrior."

Inquisitor: "Ok".

Im sorry if I spoiled it for anyone but.. Sith warrior storyline is 10000 times better... Ive enjoyed it immensely after I started playing it (currently lvl 30 and I love it). I love inquisitor as a character concept and how it plays but.. Inq story is the weakest link Ive found so far in this game. It had some bright spots but the stains far outweigh the good parts.

I have come to accept Ashara as my primary apprentice mainly because she at least looks the part. Medium armor is the most sith-looking armor in the game imo. Shes great companion in combat, if not the best and not bugged like Xalek. I accept her one-liners because I imagine that I have just toyed with her emotions, thats why shes her confused little self. I just have to pretend that her companion quest chain ever happened.

Ps. inquisitor was my first character, maybe I wouldve done things a lot differently if it hadnt been the case. Maybe there actually were better options. I dont know because it certainly wasnt what I was expecting and hoping.

My only problem with Ashara is that she looks like a clown (and I am not trolling). This pisses the hell out of me, since my friend who is sith warrior keeps making fun of me over this issue.

Right now Ashara is by far my best geared DPS companion (mostly due to most of the agent pieces I've gotten being given to Talos over Andronikos). I can sort of deal with her being in the grey area but I'd love the ability to turn her DS. It really does seem silly for me to be able to rise meteorically to the Dark Council but somehow still be unable to manipulate the mind of my apprentice.

TBH I'd roll with Khem Val all the time if I could, but Ashara or Talos are much more useful most of the time

If you actually got involved in the storyline she took you through, she practically meets you halfway.

Ashara was a medoicre apprentice to steal, I found that part of the storyline lacking compared to obtaining Jaesa as a Warrior.

I just think it's bloody stupid.

You are an Inquisitor. Supposedly one of the masters of manipulation. Certainly the smarter of the two when compared against the Warrior.

You go to corrupt a Padawan by

providing her with a Sith holocron specifically designed to tempt Jedi over to the Dark Side. She starts to slip during that first conversation you have with her.

Then all of a sudden, she will not turn. At all. Hell, she still runs around claiming to be Jedi. If I was actually my Inquisitor, she would have either been dead or tortured and broken well before now. Yes, my Inquisitor is 100% Dark Side, in case you hadn't guessed.

At the same time, the Sith Warrior hunts down his apprentice,

killing everyone she cared about, including a former master/teacher then forces her to kill her current master

and she turns easily, and doesn't even try stabbing you in the back for her master's death. And this is the idiot brute side of the Sith, not the manipulative side.

So, how come those guys can do it, but we can't?

I just think it's bloody stupid.

You are an Inquisitor. Supposedly one of the masters of manipulation. Certainly the smarter of the two when compared against the Warrior.

You go to corrupt a Padawan by

providing her with a Sith holocron specifically designed to tempt Jedi over to the Dark Side. She starts to slip during that first conversation you have with her.

Then all of a sudden, she will not turn. At all. Hell, she still runs around claiming to be Jedi. If I was actually my Inquisitor, she would have either been dead or tortured and broken well before now. Yes, my Inquisitor is 100% Dark Side, in case you hadn't guessed.

At the same time, the Sith Warrior hunts down his apprentice,

killing everyone she cared about, including a former master/teacher then forces her to kill her current master

and she turns easily, and doesn't even try stabbing you in the back for her master's death. And this is the idiot brute side of the Sith, not the manipulative side.

So, how come those guys can do it, but we can't?

Cause when I played the sith warrior I found out that the sith warrior can act like darth vader and darth sidious at the SAME time! I know its crazy right? The sith warrior doing the SI job but better. The sith warrior is a sith and the SI is ghostbuster/artifact hunter. Lets just hope they improve the story in the expansion.

You don't have to like it, but, you do have to accept it. It's BioWares story.

Ah hold up just a minute there fanboy... I'm pretty sure they bandied this whole MMO (if you can call it that) around the fact that it our saga that has begun.

People are arguing over a video game and now you're trying to interject with your real life mumbo jumbo, which is by and large irrelevant to any fantasy game.

I think you should take your Doctor of Philosphy and go back to thinking deep thoughts about being unemployed.