Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

Chackey

I fear with the F2P option, BW will never make turning her an option.:jawa_frown:

-More dialog for her means: more cost in hiring voice actors.

-BW's F2P doesn't exactly scream,"WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH ALL THIS MONEY!?!"....right?

The previously mentioned "Ashara Dark Character Storyline" idea would be cool tho.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes. Really annoying you can't turn her. She's your only romance option and your apprentice, why the hell would you put up with her light-side crap once you realized she couldn't be turned? Yeah, she's all "I can't go back to the light, pwoor me" but she's definitely not going darkside. My Sorcerer is 100% evil, not a single LS point and as such I just can't use her. I can't build affection for the romance other than by using gifts because every decision she'd like would ruin my darkside ways.

It's kinda pathetic the Sith Warrior, arguably the muscle to our brains, can turn his apprentice (he can, can't he? haven't levelled mine this far yet) but we, the Inquisitors ... INQUISITORS!!! can't force our apprentice to join the dark side? Hell, break her, torture her until she hates you enough to become Sith, it's a viable way.

It makes no damn sense your Inquisitor wouldn't just kill her at some point, I know I would in his situation.

I don't even want the option to have Zash invade Ashara's body. That would just be so damn lazy of EA to do that.

Besides, Zash betrayed you in possibly the worst way and deserved her fate. I'd rather just have a new companion and have Ashara stay light side for light side inquisitors.

I don't even want the option to have Zash invade Ashara's body. That would just be so damn lazy of EA to do that.

Besides, Zash betrayed you in possibly the worst way and deserved her fate. I'd rather just have a new companion and have Ashara stay light side for light side inquisitors.

True, but on a few conditions. The new companion has to be the Hot, Romanceable, and Evil or Turnable kind.:w_big_grin:

Hello?? What kind of post of "please turn all my companions to Dark because i want to have Dark V" is it? And if someone is running a Light V Inquisitor what have to do? suicide? All classes have some companions that go to one side and some others that go to the other side. Accept it and dont cry for everything.

Blowing the argument out of proportion are we?

Maybe if they develope the galactic story further we'll get the chance to "adjust" Ashara's perspective. It does seem odd how the relatively calm Jaesa manages to swandive into rabid-dog mode, whereas bratty Ashara is so... resistant. It may be a matter of background, Jaesa was rather sheltered and Ashara seems to have a better grasp of things. Ashara does have a temper though and that could be the ultimate key.

We do have another apprentice though:

Xalek is a proper, Korriban trained Sith. He may not be as pleasant to look at but he is the genuine article.

Definitely.

Although a DS Ashara like DS Jaesa could be a bit too extreme. Also, I'd like the opportunity of being able to turn her in steps rather than the Jaesa version of suddenly appearing on your ship having suddenly fully converted to DS in the extreme.

All I want is for her to realise she's no longer Jedi, for her to abandon such loyalties and ideology towards the Jedi who no longer want anything to do with her and for her to pledge her loyalty to my SI. She already follows him about everywhere murdering people, she has much blood on her hands yet she still claims to consider herself a Jedi. She needs to wake up to her new life and realise that she has embraced a pth that is not Jedi. After getting her to max affection and doing all the companion quests I felt the ending wasn't right so I definitely want to see some changes should they develop her story further.

Even in the cut scene at the end of the SI story Ashara is one of the people kneeling before you but her behaviour and attitude just don't seem to properly reflect her new life being by the side of the SI.

EDIT: I suppose what I am getting at is my SW is rather unrestrained and psychotic so DS Jaesa really fits well. For my SI I'm still playing DS but he's supposed to be more cunning and restrained. They're both DS but the SW is more action orientated with chaos and destruction much like DS Jaesa whereas my SI is more thought, planning, cunning, playing the games and killing people when they need to be killed more than just simply psychotically charging at all enemies in a rage. I want a DS Ashara to be more reflective of a SI personality instead of a psychotic, raging, wants to kill and destroy everything DS JAesa where Jaesa actually fits quite well with my SW personality.

Edited by ratty

The Sith Warrior killed her parents, everyone she loved and exposed her old master as a darksider. No wonder she turned.

Warrior also showed that her jedi master was a liar and trying to manipulate her. Warrior showed that there were dark side in the hearts of those who she thought were pure. Next thing you know, Jaesa accepts dark side as the 'normal way' of things. Well, she is easy to influence, maybe its because Jaesa is an empath.

Turn off your dark/light indicators, and honestly, you would have thought you are making a light side choice.

Seems like a light side choice, doesn't it? You're setting free a person that's been enslaved. It's the right thing to do. And Ashara agrees.

The ONLY reason it's dark side is because in the aftermath, she genocides the few remaining rakata.

Though i have a light side SI and i like Ashara the way she is, i think we should be given the chance to convert her. Male sith warriors have two choices and one of them, Jaesa, is corruptible.

That said, a different thing is the lack of sens of both stories, bioware should have been more careful. There's hardly any reason for Ashara to join you the way the story is presented, and Jaesa is too easily convinced of the jedi's corruption. It's as if they were 3-year-old girls who get angry and easily disappointed and then suddenly jump to the other team without a strong reason.

Anyway, yes, Ashara should me made corruptable.

(Excuse my mistakes, I'm not a native speaker.)

Edited by rahadnak

• 1 month later...
It's really awkward that she is not corruptible. What the hell is she on my ship for? It just doesn't make any sense. Strange, She claims she will not go against the Jedi ways yet when I use her as a companion she attacks anyone that attacks me. Bioware, do you seriously not see the issue here. I hope I get another chance to kill her. Edited by XXcroxphireXX

I've never understood why we don't have any influenced on our companions. We drag them around and make them kill people against their will, especially in the case of apprentices, it should have an effect on them.

Well, I disagree with her being turn to DS. On other hand corruptable does not have to equal turning to DS and as story progress she does move away from Jedi ideals and embrace elements of Sith Code. What I do wish they did was to take advantage of her unique usefulness as is. That would alleviate this situation a lot.

+1 Signed. It makes no sense to not even allow Ashara to be turned to the dark side and into a Sith. I have her maxed out and now many times she approves of cruel acts my assassin commits, so why can't she just go the next step and become a Sith. I mean she kills Jedi and innocent people by your side, but won't get married because the Jedi Council will never approve it? Like they approve of all the murders she has committed with her Sith master? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Here's my thought: Even if she doesn't want to join the dark side, can't you convince her to be a light-side sith like Jaesa? For me it was quite rewarding to have a companion who understood that the Jedi and the Republic were corrupt and the wrong way to go yet could still follow the light path. Perhaps something similar could happen with Ashara in the future.... I sure hope so anyway.

Here's my thought: Even if she doesn't want to join the dark side, can't you convince her to be a light-side sith like Jaesa? For me it was quite rewarding to have a companion who understood that the Jedi and the Republic were corrupt and the wrong way to go yet could still follow the light path. Perhaps something similar could happen with Ashara in the future.... I sure hope so anyway.

Isn't that kinda where she is? For me she doesn't have to be psychotic like Jasea, but I'd settle for her wanting to over throw me, like a propper apprentice. Also wouldn't mind some kind of conflict between her and Xalek

Isn't that kinda where she is? For me she doesn't have to be psychotic like Jasea, but I'd settle for her wanting to over throw me, like a propper apprentice. Also wouldn't mind some kind of conflict between her and Xalek

Yup even zash outright tells you when you call ashara your apprentice that she is not a sith. She has no thirst for power or conquest or any desire to overthrow me. I am personally hoping that ashara personality becomes like darth vader when we get the chance to corrupt her.

Cause her reason for joining you is weak you put some work into manipulating her on taris and making her do a very dark action or you go darth malak torture on her like bastilia then later on she goes LAWL nope I am not dark side. Then she proceeds to join you when she can easily leave when she has been clearly manipulated its stupid imo.

I look at the sith warrior story and it seems that the SW does the SI job better when it comes to manipulation the SI dark sider options comes down to just throwing lightning at people. While the sith warrior has dark side actions were you manipulate people cause force users to fall to the dark side etc. Hell the sith warrior can leave korriban at dark side rank 1 while the SI leaves with only a MAX of 500 DS points.

Edited by Trinos

Every time I summon her she prattles off "don't make me go against my teachings" and then we proceed to carve up 20-30 republic soldiers and a few Jedi Masters to boot.. err what now?

Her story and her character make no sense, but I love the Togruta women so much in this game I run with her anyway

I've just finished chapter 2 and so far I'm mostly enjoying Ashara's storyline.

I understand some people are disappointed Ashara doesn't go fully dark, but I've seen Jaesa's headlong plunge into the dark side. It was fun, but it wasn't subtle.

In contrast, manipulating Ashara makes me feel like Palpatine moulding Anakin. She's young and arrogant so she loves it when I tell her how great she is and that the jedi were holding her back. She's already talking about having the peace of the jedi and the freedom of the sith. My guess is her peace is not true Jedi serenity at all though. She's also been talking about being in touch with her emotions and even made a mix of the jedi and sith codes for herself.

She's not fully sith, it's true. But she's loyal and easily manipulated which is in some ways more useful (and less dangerous).

My only problem with her storyline is that she still isn't at the point of being ready to renounce the jedi completely, but she's happily tagging along killing jedi like it's going out of style.

• 2 weeks later...
I've just finished chapter 2 and so far I'm mostly enjoying Ashara's storyline.

I understand some people are disappointed Ashara doesn't go fully dark, but I've seen Jaesa's headlong plunge into the dark side. It was fun, but it wasn't subtle.

In contrast, manipulating Ashara makes me feel like Palpatine moulding Anakin. She's young and arrogant so she loves it when I tell her how great she is and that the jedi were holding her back. She's already talking about having the peace of the jedi and the freedom of the sith. My guess is her peace is not true Jedi serenity at all though. She's also been talking about being in touch with her emotions and even made a mix of the jedi and sith codes for herself.

She's not fully sith, it's true. But she's loyal and easily manipulated which is in some ways more useful (and less dangerous).

My only problem with her storyline is that she still isn't at the point of being ready to renounce the jedi completely, but she's happily tagging along killing jedi like it's going out of style.

Exactly, kind of reminds me of how Palpatine molded Anakin as well. With that said, so many people are complaining about how she isn't going dark - just stop and think a bit. I doubt the story for your characters are finished, I'm sure their are still going to be more stories to be told. Think of it like a movie, the first three acts that we have witnessed and played through were one movie. Imagine that the next movie has all this stuff you are talking about - that would be awesome, at least I think so. That is if they actually plan it like that (which I hope they do).