Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

Chackey

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Signed . . . .the dark side option with Jaesa was amazing, I loved every second of it, nothing but a smile on my face when that waste of space Jedi master got cut down. Turning Ashara should be possible, and have the same impact. It confuses me to no end why they didn't make this possible?

PS: Now, if only I could have a lesbian romance with Jaesa, preferably kissing while we're rolling around in the blood of someone we recently killed for looking at it us funny . . . I'd be overjoyed. (Good idea for Ashara too)

• 4 weeks later...
She seems to submit to the darkside, though she still balances between sith and jedi ways. She willingly agreed to become my apprentice when I just told her to do it after I killed her master. Now she calls me master and says things like "Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force.", "I'm ready master.", and "I follow you, my lord."

i cant believe that after 2 years and this much feedback it hasnt been changed to convert her to the dark side. very sad.

They havent added any new content for companions. Although, if they ever do, I'm sure this will be included just because of this feedback

I support the initiative in this thread. I know Xalek is supposed to be the inquisitors apprentice, but i always use ashara and want her to be dark side please!! Give the option to turn her dark side, its just an option you can include in a future major update, plase make it.

• 2 weeks later...

It would appear that, as ever, haters gonna hate.

Ashara has a spine, which apparently was more than Anakin had. Also, it's not lying/manipulation to raise her affection as a darksider; if it was, there'd be "lie" options. Such Inquisitors either believe that they apparently can somehow help the Empire by wallowing in its worst tendencies, or are just being terribly inconsistent.

• 3 weeks later...

Superficiality.

Ashara is a dark Inquisitors greatest triumph, as he manages to wrap around his finger a Jedi, and a pretty powerful one with it, control her, make her do his bidding through seas of blood and massacres and in the end persuade her that *its all for the greater good*.

Poor thing bleats for you to make her the vessel of your legacy, pathetic, really, but oh so useful.

She will go -in good faith- all over the Galaxy, killing your enemies of the moment , swearing you are not what you are so obviously are.

Oh, the possibilities...

Dark side apprentices are a dime a dozen, suffices to go to Korriban and pick one of the dazed survivors, or bribe good master Harkun to mold one to your desires, hardly a problem for a dark lord.

You want your Xalek, you can keep your Xalek.

Superficiality.

Ashara is a dark Inquisitors greatest triumph, as he manages to wrap around his finger a Jedi, and a pretty powerful one with it, control her, make her do his bidding through seas of blood and massacres and in the end persuade her that *its all for the greater good*.

Poor thing bleats for you to make her the vessel of your legacy, pathetic, really, but oh so useful.

She will go -in good faith- all over the Galaxy, killing your enemies of the moment , swearing you are not what you are so obviously are.

Oh, the possibilities...

Dark side apprentices are a dime a dozen, suffices to go to Korriban and pick one of the dazed survivors, or bribe good master Harkun to mold one to your desires, hardly a problem for a dark lord.

You want your Xalek, you can keep your Xalek.

Have to agree here.

I remember how I thought it was ridiculous that the Inq couldn't fully turn Ashara, after knowing about the Warrior and Jaesa...then I thought about it more...and realized how much more manipulating and cunning it is to do what the DS Inquisitor does to Ashara. (especially if romancing)

Through his manipulations, she is completely and utterly devoted to him, yet still believes herself a Jedi (for most of the story)...and he uses this, uses her, to bring other Jedi to his cause, a cause that he masks from her.

Basically, he manipulates her so much so that she helps him break some of the order down from the inside.

That is bad*** darkside manipulation in my opinion.

Edited by VitalityPrime

• 4 weeks later...
Have to agree here.

I remember how I thought it was ridiculous that the Inq couldn't fully turn Ashara, after knowing about the Warrior and Jaesa...then I thought about it more...and realized how much more manipulating and cunning it is to do what the DS Inquisitor does to Ashara. (especially if romancing)

Through his manipulations, she is completely and utterly devoted to him, yet still believes herself a Jedi (for most of the story)...and he uses this, uses her, to bring other Jedi to his cause, a cause that he masks from her.

Basically, he manipulates her so much so that she helps him break some of the order down from the inside.

That is bad*** darkside manipulation in my opinion.

You have a good point. And really you can you not get get her to do very un-Jedi like even Sithy things anyway? I mean without having to resort to even Light Side actions? No spoilers but I have seen a vid where you can do so in at least one case. So basically you can manipulate her to do dark side things a proper Sith apprentice would do for their master, just without her actually turning. And since she deludes herself into thinking she is still Jedi you can maybe even avoid her turning on you like any proper true Sith would. Seems win-win to me. She does your terrible bidding, just without becoming all veiny and brooding. What more could you want?

FYI I don't think she should be turnable like Jaesa. Simply to be different. I prefer a different experience depending on the class I play. That's just me.

Ugh. Having somehow managed to max her affection with gifts, I was able to do the rest of her convos/romance.

It's wrong. So wrong. She's sweet and and would work great on other characters. But on a full dark inquisitor? I was cringing at every conversation. She's flat out contradictory. One minute she says something like "Jedi, Sith, these distinctions are meaningless- I get that now" the next when I ask her why she cares about some Jedi rule she gets all pissed "because I AM a Jedi!"

Really??

I cannot reconcile her continued existence on my ship. At times it seems like she's going into some pseudo-Revanish "light and dark" mentality which might be OK. But then the very next time you talk to her she's back to being the goody-goody Jedi (or thinks she is, or wants to be). And I can't help thinking that even her moments of gray would not be tolerated by my inquisitor if this wasn't a game where companions are immortal.

They done messed up with this companion. She should've been turned. Not insta-psycho like Jaessa but a slow and gradual process. And instead of making her bloodthirsty and all "rawr I'll bathe in the blood of my enemies" make her utterly ruthless and practical and convinced the dark side is the way to fix the wrongs of the galaxy. Kind of like Darth Caedus.

• 1 month later...

She is part of building a power base so you can challenge Thanaton.

Having her turn dark and become Sith decreases her value. Sith apprentices are a dime a dozen. Look at how easy it was to pick up Xalek.

Now having a Jedi Knight inside the counsel who is loyal to you, that is a real asset of value. How many other Dark Counsel members have that? Eyes and ears in the Jedi Counsel, that is priceless. I would gladly execute a thousand Sith Apprentices in order to gain one foothold of influence within the Jedi Order.

Ashara has fallen to the point that she is doing terrible, dark acts, and then she entirely justifies herself and makes excuses, genuinely believing she is acting for the greater good. And better still, she thinks that the Sith Inquisitor actually represents the greater good, that she can be loyal to the Inquisitor without having to be loyal to the Dark Counsel.

Again, that is ideal. Any other Sith Apprentice seems to inevitably sell out their master in order to more directly serve a higher power. No other counsel member can sway Ashara, because she believes they are bad, and yet she holds you in a greater esteem, that you are better than your peers and your motives and actions are more justified. Even the Emporer himself could not convince Ashara to betray you, because she does not accept him in the way she does you. And similarly, she has been jaded just enough to the Jedi Counsel that Shan or Karr cannot sway her, because she is convinced their ways are also wrong, and that you represent some better path.

Instead of an apprentice who will follow the path of the Sith until they eventually try to kill you, you have an apprentice who will following whatever path you set out for her, without question, because it is you as an individual and not an entire group of people that she serves.

Being a Sith Inquisitor requires a certain amount of subtlety, much like being an Imperial Agent requires you to lie quite a bit. The Sith Inquisitor is a scalpel while the Sith Warrior is a battleaxe. The Sith Warrior sways Jaesa to the extreme, because those brutes prefer things to draw attention and be noticed. The Inquisitor operates from the shadows, pulling the strings, and if an Inquisitor has done their job well, nobody will ever realize what they have done.

She is part of building a power base so you can challenge Thanaton.

Having her turn dark and become Sith decreases her value. Sith apprentices are a dime a dozen. Look at how easy it was to pick up Xalek.

Now having a Jedi Knight inside the counsel who is loyal to you, that is a real asset of value. How many other Dark Counsel members have that? Eyes and ears in the Jedi Counsel, that is priceless. I would gladly execute a thousand Sith Apprentices in order to gain one foothold of influence within the Jedi Order.

lolwat?

The weakest most idiotic member of the Dark Council would take one look at her and go "hmm, why hasn't Nox turned her yet? Must not be a very good Sith then, if he can't even turn one lonely deluded, prideful padawan to the dark side. Let's whack'em."

Having a lead into the Jedi has nothing to do with it. And if I remember correctly, Ashara contacts a remote splinter group, not the main order. She's not having tea with Satele next Tuesday. But even if we go by that, what's more impressive, having an actual loyal spy into an organization or having a duped deluded fool merely feeding you information? The Children of the Emperor infiltrating the Order, that was impressive. Darth Zannah from the Bane trilogy being able to waltz right into the Jedi Temple under a false aura of light side energy, that was impressive. What Ashara does is not. It's a terrible situation for both of them. The inquisitor is either weak or stupid or both for not turning her (or just killing her). And Ashara herself is weak and/or stupid because she's lying to herself.

Ashara has fallen to the point that she is doing terrible, dark acts, and then she entirely justifies herself and makes excuses, genuinely believing she is acting for the greater good. And better still, she thinks that the Sith Inquisitor actually represents the greater good, that she can be loyal to the Inquisitor without having to be loyal to the Dark Counsel.

Again, that is ideal. Any other Sith Apprentice seems to inevitably sell out their master in order to more directly serve a higher power. No other counsel member can sway Ashara, because she believes they are bad, and yet she holds you in a greater esteem, that you are better than your peers and your motives and actions are more justified. Even the Emporer himself could not convince Ashara to betray you, because she does not accept him in the way she does you. And similarly, she has been jaded just enough to the Jedi Counsel that Shan or Karr cannot sway her, because she is convinced their ways are also wrong, and that you represent some better path.

Instead of an apprentice who will follow the path of the Sith until they eventually try to kill you, you have an apprentice who will following whatever path you set out for her, without question, because it is you as an individual and not an entire group of people that she serves.

Being a Sith Inquisitor requires a certain amount of subtlety, much like being an Imperial Agent requires you to lie quite a bit. The Sith Inquisitor is a scalpel while the Sith Warrior is a battleaxe. The Sith Warrior sways Jaesa to the extreme, because those brutes prefer things to draw attention and be noticed. The Inquisitor operates from the shadows, pulling the strings, and if an Inquisitor has done their job well, nobody will ever realize what they have done.

That is certainly not the ideal, or at least it botches a similar more sensible idea beyond recognition. The "doing dark things for the greater good" angle is viable and has been done before (see: Darth Caedus). Only there there was no denying the reality for the user. Caedus fully embraced becoming the monster because he believed that was the only way to secure a good future and even then it was less simply for the greater good and more because the alternative was unthinkable. Ashara on the other hand never accepts that her master is a monster and she herself has become a monster and all this is necessary. She seems to think we're more just playing along with some monsters until the magical moment where we redeem them with teh power of love and bunnies.

I'm exaggerating of course but my point is simply that there's a difference between:

a) using the darkness because you believe it's the only way to ensure some definition of good and

b) using the darkness but pretending it's light

a) is ok, b) is not. And b) is what we currently have. Even if Ashara's story was working around to a) it never got there, it just pissed itself and died.

Like I said, Ashara should've been fully turned but instead of becoming a rabid "rawr dark side kill and/or bang everything" like Jaessa she should've been an utterly ruthless pragmatist like Caedus. Unfettered, ends justify the means, the whole deal. Even going a more Revanish route of trying to master both light and dark would've been feasible. Just not... this.

As for Sith apprentices in general I think you're quite mistaken about the merits of their ambition or indeed what that ambition is. But that'd be another couple of paragraphs to this post so I'll leave it there.

Years have passed in the real world and on SWTOR the sith inquisitor still has the worst female companion ever.

Now if we could turn her to the darkside like for example Jaesa then that would be godly! But as it is now and has been since launch the sith inquisitor is just doomed when it comes to companions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

she doesn't fear death because a Jedi doesn't fear death. she still doesn't want to go against her teachings... and she was the best duelist in her class.. but I don't care about her class and as an inquisitor, i'd kind of like to eliminate that whole class. Actually, it would be far more fun to have her eliminate all her fellow students.

so when can I drop her off on Korriban so she can start her training as a Sith. or can we end up wiping her mind so she stops acting and saying thinks about the Jedi.

Edit: also, while I seethe, can she channel her rage as a sith warrior would? Also, could she ha[[en to recite the sith code.

Edit: also, when can I get Seh-run as a companion since I fed him to get his strength up. I would really like to add him to my list. I feel he and khem val may work well together. That or I just like collecting awesome monsters.

This bothered me to no end on makeb. I told them to remove anyone who knew the plans, can't afford the enemy finding out.

"We've got Regulator mercenaries, my lord. Buried under the rubble, but still breathing."

I made an example of them and she lost 642 affection.. how can you call her a Sith when she doesn't like doing what must be done.. *!#$, turn her already.

Edited by battleaxeman

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that this is a major flaw with this character. The Inquisitor should be playing on her insecurities and her emotions. Slowly turning her to the Dark Side, using subtle manipulation.

Jaesa is turned to the Dark Side, using brute force by the Sith Warrior.

Killing everyone she knows, making her angry, and showing her what a hypocrite her Jedi mentor is. As he is full of anger and hate.

It would be great to see Ashara slowly succumbing to the Dark Side. Come on Bioware!

I find that as a 'Gray' Inquisitor Ashara works very well, since most of my conversation choices get good affection with her. Avoid the random brutality and cruelty of the Sith, and also the mawkish sentimentality of the Jedi, and she's good to go.

• 3 weeks later...
/signed. I know she's a Fallen Jedi at the end of her storyline, but she's still not Sith, and she still thinks my Inquisitor is LS. I am Evil, I want acknowledgement of that, and I want my Evil-ness to infect her too. I want her to turn. Not as much as DS!Jaesa (god no), but enough that she can revel in cruelty without losing her logical mind.