Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware, just let it go already.

Make the event retroactive, or the participation is gonna be in the gutter. People don't want to re-grind what they've grinded before.

Besides, real talk here: SWTOR isn't vast enough for this kind of event to make sense. People aren't invested enough in this game to actually finish this event - not if they have jobs and other things to do, anyhow.

Resistance is futile.

I bet 100 % that eric Musco will say that this event was a success xD!:rak_03:

First, i m not gona induldge bioware on this, i will get the first rewards and the last ones i m not even gona do it. The lol, doing 8 characters again.

Second, everyone here is insulted with this new event. New content zero, adds some new items, yeah...

Third if i see a poor soul using that ludicrous mount, that huge oreo cookie, i will ask him if he took part in a mental experience to check his sanity. Unless you are a new player there is no reason to redo all of this. Yeah bioware now is living from the income new casual players bring from the movies, but when the movies end the game will either die, because there is no way the story will make sense after this. What will we see, another hidden empire ??? Lets just spam empires, seems a thing, instead you MUSCO could tell bioware to focus on existing story or create relevant content. Like raids, i bet you are going to release a raid boss in late December or January, not even a full raid, just a raid boss. I wonder how many ppl still do Monolith, probably a couple every week. Since now you can just spam EV and KP

Fourth good job at killing your own franchise. I think that you have at least insulted 70 % of the ppl who read this joke that you call event. Not even a new lightsaber, your lazyness is so big you are giving us items already in game. Who the hell wants any of those 2 mounts? a big oreo cookie and another generic mount with a different shell. The armor is average at least. The only thing that might be interesting for some is the tuning, but since it is such a small thing and you barely see it unless you stuck your head upon your lighsaber why even do it ....

To the guy that said "amazing rewards" yeah right, you ve a killing sense of humor mate.

I have over 55 characters at 65, i leveled about 35 without tokens, i did the story back then on EU and US on male/female chars for the story - I did every piece of conceivable content in the game multiple times over - you are telling me with this event that what I did before is irrelevant and I should level up 8 characters again for titles and cartel items we already spend money on?

Why do you hate your Veteran players?

This game is making me depressed as of lately. The Time you spend and put into this could have been spend on something that players actually wanted - like repeatable content. Don't be surprised if most of your playerbase will leave for "ANY" other MMO.

https://i.imgflip.com/16bpwt.jpg

Looks awesome Eric!

So regarding the weapons that come in the Force-bound Light vs Dark Packs, those are going to be able to be traded to another toon in our legacy or what? I don't expect to be able to sell them...but that would be cool too.

For example, if I get an arbiter's lightsaber on a trooper how can I get that to my Jedi/Sith? Is the only way going to be unlock via collections and then destroy the item :eek:

Also, are there going to be a brand new achievement area for these? If I am maxxing out achievements already on a server, I can just repeat the content on that server and that will still update for the event right?

Thanks!

Because they want their "metrics" to show that people are playing the game more than ever before.

This is very sad, but it really looks like it. This event is definitely not for me, who did all class stories with plenty characters so many times I almost puked :) But I like this game and just hope for some bad-*** NEW content in the near future

And to anyone saying "I am disappointed that this event holds no appeal for me" and/or "I think BW should have put their energy into crafting an event/promotion that would be more appealing to long-time players" I say that is rock-solid feedback to be giving. More power to you.

Again, it's all the "Rawr!! Eff you BW! I am being victimized by this event! Releasing a promotion I don't like is a direct and personal insult to me!" that boils down to pure and simple nerdrage.

So, when players are victimized and by obviuous reasons are insulted, they shouldn't be allowed to get angry? Do you have for habit to be polite when someone offends you on purpose? -Well, i don't have that for habit and since it's me who's paying them i will express my irritation when i think it's called for.

You think there are better ways to go about? -Go ahead and do so.

As a slightly more tempered response after my initial reaction, could I suggest to the devs that they may consider removing 'Alliance Hero' and 'Crafting Virtuoso' from the Legendary requirements. They seem to stand out in the list of requirements as unnecessarily grindy and unfun for those of us that have completed such content before.

Considering other requirements are set so low as to just take part in 5 GSF matches, or kill 50 droids. These two parts seem to represent the main aspect that is drawing the ire of so many long time players.

Oh, and maybe shelve the LS/DS competition I imagine that may be considerably unbalanced on some servers/ across the game as a whole and instead reward if you get to the Darkside V/ Lightside V requirement.

Edited by Vhaegrant

You must have one level 50 of each of the following eight Classes:

Jedi Knight

Jedi Consular

Smuggler

Trooper

Sith Warrior

Sith Inquisitor

Imperial Agent

Bounty Hunter

Once all eight Classes among your Characters have reached level 50, you will receive the Achievement “Dark vs. Light: Alliance Hero” to note that you have completed this objective.

Question:

Does that mean we have to keep all of those characters and have 8 level 50 event characters simultaneously? Or can we delete them once they reached 50 and use the slot for the next one?

Sorry but anyone who's feeling "punished" or "insulted" because BW said "for the next [X] months, we're going to give out rewards to players who level up new characters and play through the game's content with them" doesn't need any help from "antagonists".

If someone feels disappointed because this deal isn't conducive to them, that's perfectly legit - and I sympathize with them. It's the apoplectic rage that I find silly.

Take part in as much or as little of the "event" as you want, no one is taking away anyone's existing characters or forcing anyone to make new ones - they're just giving out some purely cosmetic rewards to anyone who chooses to make a fresh run through the game's content.

Which would be fine - if they released actual content.

Ever.

But why? Wouldn't it make more sense the other way around? This is basic asking me not even to bother level for the next couple of days.

If you check the guide, you see that the achievements for each tier are new ones which haven't been added into the game yet. And obviously they couldn't arbitrarily cut off the date things are retroactively counted for you.

Though to be honest, they should've given way more warning to people that this was going to be the event, but then the game would've been a dead zone for levelling and this content until it started.

Question:

Does that mean we have to keep all of those characters and have 8 level 50 event characters simultaneously? Or can we delete them once they reached 50 and use the slot for the next one?

Once you have completed the objective by receiving the achievement, that character no longer needs to be active. So you could level to 50 on a character, and then delete it.

-eric

The Dev tracker is a handy place to visit during times like these ;)

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Everyone is complaining about this event because they are at the character cap.

I'm not saying that's a bad reason, but I complain about this event for the opposite reason.

I have just recently created my third character and made it to Tatooine.

I want to take my time to explore the story.

I don't want to rapidly create some new characters and rush through a story and gameplay I won't understand because it's going too fast.

The merciless Darth Hexid Companion or the courageous Master Ranos Companion – your Dark or Light side decisions in-game will determine which Companion reward gets unlocked!

Eric,

Answer this question please as there are different thoughts regarding this:

Is this based on your choices alone or with everyone's choices.

Can you get both companions if you have a light and dark character.

Thank you.

which is to keep people busy running old content. If it was aimed at new players they would retro give them. But the players who have done all of these achievements already are the players most likely to stay consistently subbed during the KotFE-less content drought, because they're the players who most likely also stayed through other content droughts. They want us to run the hamster wheel during the dead months

You guys, did you even think how long-term players would feel about this, or is this just an attempt to drag in more new players? I'm a little disappointed here. .

^^^ This.

Trying to lure in new players is well and good, but doing so to the detriment of retaining customers is an unsustainable business model. Eventually, the 'new player' pool will dry up, and, by that time, the longtime paying customers will be gone.

I was going to make a post about how this has been the premise of the KOTFE business model over the last year or so (Dozens of threads about this everywhere), but nah

I think at this point, the community has simply had enough of EAWare's nonsense in how they treat their long-time subs/players

I'm pleasantly surprised that this event is more than just tracking LS/DS choices and giving out a companion after a few months. I have a couple of characters I've been toying with the idea of re-rolling, so this is right up my alley. Still not even thinking of going for Legendary though. xD

Concerns/questions:

1. Will the new companion have armor slots like our original human-like companions (Kira, Quinn, etc) do?

2. Do you have to complete Champion level to get Eternal level? (it almost looks like their requirements were accidentally swapped)

3. I can kind of understand having rewards that require making new characters, but IMHO the alignment choices of ALL characters should count towards the LS/DS tracker that will determine the companion we get.

Sorry but anyone who's feeling "punished" or "insulted" because BW said "for the next [X] months, we're going to give out rewards to players who level up new characters and play through the game's content with them" doesn't need any help from "antagonists".

If someone feels disappointed because this deal isn't conducive to them, that's perfectly legit - and I sympathize with them. It's the apoplectic rage that I find silly.

Take part in as much or as little of the "event" as you want, no one is taking away anyone's existing characters or forcing anyone to make new ones - they're just giving out some purely cosmetic rewards to anyone who chooses to make a fresh run through the game's content.

"Take part in as much or as little of the event...." :rolleyes:

Yeah I'd like that, now please tell me how im supposed to do it without free slots on my server. And no, doing it on another server isn't a solution since 2 of 3 reward types are bound to -that- character. If you fail to understand why this IS an insult to such players, i don't know what to tell you...

Eric,

Can the challenges for a higher tier be unlocked while at a much lower stage?

For example earning a million credits while at Valiant level would still count towards unlocking the Legendary stage.

Or, completing the Introductory Stronghold challenge at level 19 before unlocking Heroic level.