Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

Fixed for clarity.

I see a return to WoW in my near future. This "event" is a big eff you to loyal players / subscribers / veterans. Like most others I have the legendary achievement and have used up my character slots and already added more. Unless they are planning on making additional character slots 1 cartel coin in a sale event, I'm out.

Why should we even have to pay 1cc? If they want people to participate, they should just give all subs 8 additional character slots, regardless of how many we have already used.

I'm not paying to participate in an event, much less one that gives the middle finger to players who have already started or finished all of the classes and basically caters to children who have the summer off.

Edited by AlienEyeTX

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the confirmation, this means the pet and mount are account-wide, I like that. :)

That's a bonus :)

Not keen on the Legendary mount, so I guess I can push out another level 60 in an afternoon or two if I really have to :)

To be honest, now I've realized I won't be getting the Legendary achievement it pretty much boils down to leveling two more characters an Imp and a Rep, only one of which needs to be done through the story and expansions.

If the other 65 for the Eternal stage can be from a level 60 token it's probably not more than a weekends work to get the unlocks I'm interested in.

I've been here too long even I'm surprised at how fast I can go through the rage, denial, acceptance :o

Edited by Vhaegrant

Is this the appropriate time for a "Choices matter :p " ?

I foresee this event going horribly wrong.

Not just because the veterans are being punished for having been here longer than five minutes.

Oh no.

I believe this is going to go horribly wrong because the Legacy tracking system is already fubar. We have multiple threads about issues with companion conversations not being counted, about legitimately completed chapters not counting towards Legendary Status, and now it has to somehow count a duplicate version of everything?

This will go hideously wrong.

We'll be drowning in bugs... and Rakghoul pus :rak_02: :rak_02:

Ugh

The brightest there work on the CM.

And we still get stuff like Chance Cubes. :rolleyes:

If these reward tiers require the tier preceding it to be completed I'll never go past tier 3 anyway. Not gonna touch pvp or objectives related to them. The reason I've decided to only inflict KotFE on Warriors and Troopers is to clear the flashing alert for Pierce and M1-4X without dealing with the horrid pvp stuff.

Many veteran players have said it already, but just to add my voice:

This feels like a giant slap in the face to the players who have stuck with you since launch, have been paying the subscription fees to keep you guys in business, so you can create an event to lure in new players while pretty much telling us that everything we've done for the last 4 1/2 years doesn't count. I've played every class story at least twice, most three times, and even on the third time, it was a lot of space barring and doing the bare minimum I had to in order to get through the class story and into endgame viability.

I might've been able to find it in myself to level one more character, because I like Achievements, but eight? With the Flashpoint, GSF, and PVP requirements in the higher levels? Haha. No.

Again: events != content. If you want to retain your loyal subscribers, we need actual content. As it is, I'm watching my Guild melt away to other games because we don't have the endgame content to keep us engaged.

I love Bioware and their stories, which is why I've stuck around this long, but its the diversity of the experience which allowed me to play as many characters as I have. With the implementation of KotFE streamlining the experience down to a single channel sucking most of the variations out of any replay value and now this, I'm not sure how much longer my interest or subscription can last.

Man, this event was worth it before it even started just to see the levels of nerdrage. /popcorn

I'll create one or two new characters for sure and get either the second-highest or third-highest tier. If I decide not to go all in and chase the Legendary tier... oh well, I'll still have gotten plenty of rewards out of the event and it will have given me the incentive to finally level a Consular for the first time.

/me sets up another popcorn machine.

These are rewards for participating in the event, for what you do between June 28th and whenever it finishes off. I sympathize with the people who don't have free character slots, but that's really about it.

Just like other, smaller, events; you gotta play the game in a certain way at a certain time to get the prizes.

Maybe i'm not the only one confused here.

Eric, can you clarify a couple things?

Do our choices alone decide which companion we get at the end or is this based on community effort?

Is it possible to get both companions if we level one alt to 50 and darkside 5 and another alt to 50 and lightside 5?

There are a few options:

• Complete the objectives on a different server than the server where you are capped.
  • Purchase additional Character Slots (to make this easier the team is planning to put these on sale at the start of the event)

-eric

$$ money is money $$

character transfer to 90 PC ? Characters slots full ... 8 slots ! :rak_02:

Maybe i'm not the only one confused here.

Eric, can you clarify a couple things?

Do our choices alone decide which companion we get at the end or is this based on community effort?

Is it possible to get both companions if we level one alt to 50 and darkside 5 and another alt to 50 and lightside 5?

I have asked that too and no response as of yet.

DarthYunman,

They are not retroactive. They can only be earned with an event character, which is any character created on or after June 28th when the event goes live.

-eric

I'm sorry, but have you looked at all the requirements for reaching Legendary? Really looked at them?

Are you really asking that I shelve the 8 character I have (1 of each class) and that I have played since Early Access? Characters that I am attached to? Characters that have things that are no longer available in game? Characters that are important to me?

Are you really asking me (and everyone else in the same position) to shelve them and start over?

I'm sorry but you need to rethink this.

Basically all that needs to be done to reach "Eternal Level" is fine, as it simply involves creating 2 new characters:

Get a "new" character to 25/50/65, get valor level 5 and complete the Eternal Championship? Not a problem.

Get a "new" character to complete all content up to and including KOTFE? Not a problem.

Get a "new" Alliance and a "new" Imperial character to 65 and do the story FlashPoints and complete all Flashpoints in Solo/Tactical mode? Not a problem.

But to reach "Legendary Level" you basically have to redo everything on a "new" character: relevel all 6 crafting skills; redo every Flashpoint in Hard Mode (I already have the 100% completion achievement for every single FP !!!(with the exception of "Battle of Rishi" (no one wants to do the bonus boss :()))); go kill the world bosses again; redo every single event; gear up and do Operations; find 5 new datacrons; and more...

I'm sorry but you really need to rethink this.

The simplest solution (in my mind) is the following:

1) Make the "Eternal Level" be achievable only by having "new" characters. This would be fair.

2) Once "Eternal Level" has been achieved and the title "The Eternal Victor" has been unlocked, achievements that have been completed before on the Legacy and that contribute to "Legendary Level" are unlocked on that Legacy.

3) Players can then complete the remaining achievements needed (those that were not automatically unlocked when they reached "Eternal Level") to reach "Legendary Level" on any existing (old or "new") character.

As it stands, it feels like you are punishing long time players... :(

Are the Force-Bound Packs cumulative? If I get 5 at Heroic level, do I get 10 more at Legacy level, or just 5 more to bring me up to a total of 10 packs?

I agree with everyone who has said the higher rewards levels are very grindy and a real burden. I'm not a school kid who has all summer to grind a game. I have a full-time job and family. This event seems to promote an unhealthy level of dedication.

Edited by Xina_LA

Does each level require the level before it?

Eternal level, for example, says only that you need to get 1 light and 1 dark character to level 65, plus complete up to level 5 of the EC. This grants the companions.

But the level before it, "Champion," requires PvP, ALL FP's (including some which much be grouped, since not all have a solo mode), plus all of KOTFE.

I can maybe see doing "Eternal" but not "Champion." However, if the companions granted during Eternal mode are dependent on finishing the Champion mode before it, you've just made the requirements exponentially harder. I doubt I will bother trying. (And a lot of people will not qualify for these companions I'm guessing.)

Edited by CloudCastle

DarthYunman,

They are not retroactive. They can only be earned with an event character, which is any character created on or after June 28th when the event goes live.

-eric

If we earn it on an event character will we still be able to get the prizes on other characters in the Legacy? I'd like to get these titles and things on my Main, not some alt I make just for an event.

How exactly do the rewards work anyways, like the Titan mount... does only ONE character get to claim that reward, or will It be unlockable via collections for multiple characters? Seems unreal to do 500+ hrs of grinding / gameplay to unlock 1 mount on ONE character...

There are a few options:

• Complete the objectives on a different server than the server where you are capped.
  • Purchase additional Character Slots (to make this easier the team is planning to put these on sale at the start of the event)

-eric

Eric, in the future, you can tell players "Go **** yourself" if that's what you mean. Seems like it.

Honest to god the best thing bio could do right now from a PR standpoint is to just say "Uh oh guys, we REALLY messed up and we're sorry. Whole event is scrapped now and the rewards will be cycled into a much cleaner event in the near future."

But no.

Gotta get them shekels.

Right? This is horrible.