Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

Eric, in regards to the eternal championship Dark vs Light requirement to complete the eternal championship. The description says solo mode, can you do this in solo+ and get the achievement? I have never been able to get past 7th fight in solo. If i have to do the eternal championship in solo, then there is no point in me doing this event at all. I can't complete the eternal championship solo, it is just to hard. I can't get the mechanics down no matter how hard I try.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over 400 members in my present guild, only about 5 still log in, the entire raider contingent in the guild picked en mass and went to wow and are trying to finish the present raid tier before the expansion drops later this summer.

I see no point in this event, the rewards do not appear to be legacy wide from description and I already have well developed toons of every class. Why bother playing through all that tired old content yet again.

Eric, in regards to the eternal championship Dark vs Light requirement to complete the eternal championship. The description says solo mode, can you do this in solo+ and get the achievement? I have never been able to get past 7th fight in solo. If i have to do the eternal championship in solo, then there is no point in me doing this event at all. I can't complete the eternal championship solo, it is just to hard. I can't get the mechanics down no matter how hard I try.

I would hope so or at least give us the achievement if we already have it!

Good question! The rewards are delivered in three different methods, depending on the reward:

• Dark vs. Light Packs and Pioneer Armor Set - These will be delivered via in-game mail to the character who completes the final objective in that event level.

-eric

And you're suggesting players start over on new servers for this!? Wow lol...wow...

Good question! The rewards are delivered in three different methods, depending on the reward:

• Dark vs. Light Packs and Pioneer Armor Set - These will be delivered via in-game mail to the character who completes the final objective in that event level.

-eric

Is the Pioneer Armour set legacy bound?

• Titles - These are tied to the Achievement and therefore are unlocked for each character in the Legacy.
  • End of event Cosmetic Rewards - Things like the Companion and the vehicles will come at the end of the event and will be delivered to every character on the account, similar to the monthly sub rewards.

-eric

Thanks for the confirmation, this means the pet and mount are account-wide, I like that. :)

Edited by Jerba

There are a few options:

• Complete the objectives on a different server than the server where you are capped.
  • Purchase additional Character Slots (to make this easier the team is planning to put these on sale at the start of the event)

-eric

Eric,

This is completely unacceptable. As a player who has 39/40 characters on one server and legendary status on two servers I have zero interest in dong this on a third server. There should simply be an option for retroactive credit for anything that a player has already unlock within the achievement system on their legacy.

If you continue down this path I believe this event will fail and you will end up driving players away.

Oh come on...threatening them isn't going to get you anywhere. Maybe you should have been listening to those people on reddit more...because this is OBVIOUSLY what it was going to be! Eric told us they'd tally light/dark choices...how the hell did you expect that to happen?

It's quite funny. LS/DS choices don't even feature until the Legendary stage (let's be honest how many new players are going to fulfill all those hoops) and then you have to get a Lightside V and a Darkside V... um, so they'll cancel each other out.

They are not retroactive. They can only be earned with an event character, which is any character created on or after June 28th when the event goes live.

So I'll need to reroll 8 characters of my current legacy (with 24 lvl 65 toons), or buy 8 character slots with CCs, or to start a new legacy from scratch on other server, having to unlock all perks I've already have? Just for titles, mounts, pets and a companion?

Then sorry, but I'll pass.

This stinks

Fixed for clarity.

I see a return to WoW in my near future. This "event" is a big eff you to loyal players / subscribers / veterans. Like most others I have the legendary achievement and have used up my character slots and already added more. Unless they are planning on making additional character slots 1 cartel coin in a sale event, I'm out.

Do these new characters even amount to anything? Do they have story parts, companion conversations, are they romanceable? Or are they just like the creature and droid companions and are nothing but pets that can fight?

Look at the rest of the event.

Now tell me what you think.

Man, this event was worth it before it even started just to see the levels of nerdrage. /popcorn

I'll create one or two new characters for sure and get either the second-highest or third-highest tier. If I decide not to go all in and chase the Legendary tier... oh well, I'll still have gotten plenty of rewards out of the event and it will have given me the incentive to finally level a Consular for the first time.

Edited by DarthDymond

Ok Eric, questions.

Are we still getting the night life event, or is this replacing it.

How does getting comps work, if I run a LS warrior do I get the light side comp.

The new comps, are they only for new toons, what about my old ones, is there a way to claim them on those too?.

Why did you have to put part of the xp armour behind PVP, not all of us like pvp.

What about these companions? Will we get them as with Nico Okarr by a item from mail (I mean holocomunicator item to get access)? This is something I need to know because it's important.

End of event Cosmetic Rewards - Things like the Companion and the vehicles will come at the end of the event and will be delivered to every character on the account, similar to the monthly sub rewards.