Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

So I've read over the event info a few times, have been reading through this thread, and I have some concerns.

-Most active guilds are very insular. How will most people get flashpoints done? The same goes for the world bosses. People just don't do the group content anymore. Do you, Bioware, think this event will fix that participation problem?

-Imperial players outnumber Republic by as much as three or four to one on almost every server. (The exception is Jedi Covenant, where the ratio is exactly reversed.) How do you plan on making this a fair contest, instead of a preordained and massive landslide victory for the Dark Side?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have my crafting done. It is not as easy as you want to make it sound. This is above and beyond acceptable.

On alts i change my crafting professions all the time except on my main alts, ive deleted 550 crew skills before and its easy to get them back up on a different one, the bonded mats only cost 2 white mat for that grade, 2 green of each type of the class, its easy to hit 550 in any crafting skill. grade 1 craft 30 grade 1 bonded now 80+, 30 grade 2, 160+, 25 grade 3 240+, 25 grade 4 300+, 20 grade 5 and hit 350, 20 grade 6 hit 400, 20 grade 7 hit 450, 20 grade 8 hit 500, 20 grade 9 hit 550.

Its simple, and to hit the first 6 grade tiers takes 45 mins, then its ur 3 min long (low end rank companion) crafting for 1 bonded depending on companion ranks. Thats how simple it is to hit 550, delete then repeat with a different crew skill.

I know this has been asked, but I don't think it's been answered yet:

Is each level dependent on completing the previous level, or are they standalone? That is, do you have to complete all the challenges in one level before you can move on to the next level?

For example, for Legacy Level, you have to reach level 50 on one character, and complete three story flashpoints. For the next level, Valiant Level, you have three new challenges to complete.

Let's say you reach level 50 on a character for Legacy Level, but don't complete the three story flashpoints.

Can you move on to Valiant Level without having completed the three story flashpoints?

And if yes, can you then complete Valiant Level challenges for the rewards, even though you wouldn't get the rewards for Legacy Level completion?

This is the biggest thing I wanted to know. I really want the companion but slogging through every single Tactical flashpoint on the previous level sounds horrid to me.

I have a sneaky feeling that the fact veterans players have so many leveled up toons and you need newly created toons for this event, that the backlash will be so great they'll end up having to make this retro-active. Because, let's face it, the majority of players aren't going to deal with all that bullcrap of rolling and leveling new toons, just for this event. I'm sorry, but that's just plain stupid. There's no other word for it. Most players just don't have the time for that kind of nonsense. They're just going to give BW a big middle finger. I hope BW likes vitriol, because they're going to be drinking ALOT of it in the coming days,

I think what the devs should do is put out the reasoning behind it. I think it's pretty obvious it's an attempt to incentivize end game players to return to levelling content during the summer lull and gap between season 1 and 2.

Upto Eternal looks pretty straightforward, only Legendary really rubs salt in the wound if you've spent a lot of time on that content. Even then aside from the 8 classes to 50 and all crew skills to 550, the other requirements look easy enough if you're in an active guild.

DarthYunman,

They are not retroactive. They can only be earned with an event character, which is any character created on or after June 28th when the event goes live.

-eric

Nope. Just nope.

I wonder if part of the planning process is to deliberately create events that work AGAINST veteran players. I've been here since at least 2nd anniversary. I'm going to add my voice to the growing list of players who are against this event.

True but I think the point is, why do I need or want to re-roll toons to level a bunch of stuff I already have? I get that the point is working for the achievements and not being handed stuff etc. And really if I was a new player, I think it would really encourage folks to level toons.

Personally, I have zero issue with rolling 2 new toons in light/dark side to get the specific achievements and legacy rewards. What I have a problem with is the 8 class and crew skills specific achievements that we, as legacy players, will not be able to achieve which, will result in us being excluded from that reward category.

if it was just the crew skills, I wouldn't be upset - can do all that on the same toon and just unlearn/learn as needed

I"m not a fan of taking another 2 for 1-65/end of KOTFE again, but that can be done.

the all 8 to 50 again & all HM/Tact FPs again - that is my issue.

So I've read over the event info a few times, have been reading through this thread, and I have some concerns.

-Imperial players outnumber Republic by as much as three or four to one on almost every server. (The exception is Jedi Covenant, where the ratio is exactly reversed.) How do you plan on making this a fair contest, instead of a preordained and massive landslide victory for the Dark Side?

Imperial =/= Darkside, Republic =/= Lightside.

What I have a problem with is the 8 class and crew skills specific achievements that we, as legacy players, will not be able to achieve which, will result in us being excluded from that reward category.

Why not? Those are 2 of the easier ones to get. About 1 day per character, and can do crafting at the same time. So, 8 days out of about 4-6 months.

Just do one thing, if and only if you are allready a "Legend" player (completed all 8 storylines) then you don't have to do 8 50's again in order to complete the legendary tier. If you don't do this I don't think anyone will play this event ^^'

So, basically hand the legendary Rewards to everyone?

I agree that running 8 new characters a bit of an overkill, but handing the rewards out for free is quite meaningless...

Just like other, smaller, events; you gotta play the game in a certain way at a certain time to get the prizes.

This all the way. You don't like it? Then don't participate. Noone is forcing you to do anything.

After almost five years of constant whining and complaining how this game is failing the forums and reddit are still full of people threatening to quit...

Good question! The rewards are delivered in three different methods, depending on the reward:

• Titles - These are tied to the Achievement and therefore are unlocked for each character in the Legacy.
  • Dark vs. Light Packs and Pioneer Armor Set - These will be delivered via in-game mail to the character who completes the final objective in that event level.
  • End of event Cosmetic Rewards - Things like the Companion and the vehicles will come at the end of the event and will be delivered to every character on the account, similar to the monthly sub rewards.

-eric

Once you have completed the objective by receiving the achievement, that character no longer needs to be active. So you could level to 50 on a character, and then delete it.

-eric

Eric Musco, are the pet and armor set Legacy bound, or BoP -- delete the character; delete the pet & armor.

Also, will the companion be available for new characters at level 1, or is it gated behind KotFE?

eta: Never mind about the armor. Found the answer. "The armor set is a moddable set which can be worn at level 1 and is bound to legacy!"

Edited by Nmyownworld

Please for what ever god's sake you believe in, answer this nice lady's questions Eric!

Pretty sure that one will be decided by the huge meter on the event page. So what everyone will do, and it will be one companion for everyone.

And why shouldn't they hand out the rewards to free for people who already completed the challenges? It would be a nice thankyou to the veterans and still be a good incentive to new players.

And it doesn't even change anything since they still have to earn the rewards.

Nope. Just nope.

I wonder if part of the planning process is to deliberately create events that work AGAINST veteran players. I've been here since at least 2nd anniversary. I'm going to add my voice to the growing list of players who are against this event.

I've been here right before 2nd anniversary came around, i like this event, and ive pointed out in posts that you just need to do 1 new companion to get every level rank but the last one, and how easy it can be to go through 7 other lv 50's in a matter of a weeks time, because u can delete them once they hit lv 50 so you only NEED 2 CHARACTER SLOTS

This is the biggest thing I wanted to know. I really want the companion but slogging through every single Tactical flashpoint on the previous level sounds horrid to me.

Get 1 person to run with, both on DPS and you'll rip through those. If it lets you do the solo mode as it says on the previous screen, you can still do this, but now with 2 super bots to rofl your way through it.

How do you plan on making this a fair contest, instead of a preordained and massive landslide victory for the Dark Side?

Been stated already, but lot of imp players actually play a LS. For example, 5 out of 6 of my Imperial characters were LS.

The merciless Darth Hexid Companion or the courageous Master Ranos Companion – your Dark or Light side decisions in-game will determine which Companion reward gets unlocked!

Eric,

Answer this question please as there are different thoughts regarding this:

Is this based on your choices alone or with everyone's choices.

Can you get both companions if you have a light and dark character.

Thank you.

This is what I really want to know as well, and it may be a deciding factor for me in whether I choose to participate in the event. I'm not too thrilled with the idea of a) getting a companion that I didn't choose, b) getting the same companion on every character, and c) having my light chars stuck with a dark companion or vice versa.

So, basically hand the legendary Rewards to everyone?

I agree that running 8 new characters a bit of an overkill, but handing the rewards out for free is quite meaningless...

That seems to be the issue. Looking at the other challenges, if you are in a semi-active decent guild you should be good to go for the FPs, OP Bosses and WB kills. Even Eternal Championship if it's allowable in solo+ mode.

The real crux is whether you can be bothered to level 2 characters to 65 and 6 more to 50 while maxing out the crew skills. And are lucky enough to be around when the times events are up and running.

Some of the other challenges are so meaningless I wonder why they were included... participate in 5 GSF matches? level 5 valour? why aren't they higher?

Holy Smokes!! To take part in this I have to create a new toon and then re-level it playing all the same stuff I have been playing as a paid subscriber since the game was released, I have the founder title on my toons so I know I have been playing since the game was released.

That is not cool nor is it fun, I have played thru all classes already and now I have to do it again.

Sorry not happening and this latest gimmick is really causing me to end my subscription at the end of this KoTFE non-sense.

Why can we not just use the toons we have, I have already reached my light/dark side levels with those toons, i.e. my Sith Sorc is fully dark side and my Jedi is fully light side.

Unreal and what a scam gimmick.......

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: