Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you have to level one of every class, or at least finish the class stories on all 8?

For the last (only) DvsL event you could get many of the rewards, etc, by just making one new character. To get all the rewards, etc, you needed to make one Republic character and one Imperial.

I specifically remember because I made a mirror image pair of a Sentinel and a Marauder. The Sentinel was not my first and is unused since, but the Marauder became my main Imperial character.

Disclaimer - there may have been some DvL reward or achievement based upon levelling one of each class, but I'm not aware of any. In any case, a new DvL event could require just 1 or 2 characters.

Edited by JediQuaker

Why 8 slots? The old event only required 2 characters - one Rep, one Imp.

As noted, you did have to create one of each of the eight base classes, but if you're going to be like that about it, why more than one?

The answer lies in those words "Play your way". If they add only one slot (or any number less than one per class = eight), then people who wish to achieve full whack on the achievements *must* delete multiple characters, which just plain seems wrong as a "forced" thing.

• 3 weeks later...

The answer lies in those words "Play your way". If they add only one slot (or any number less than one per class = eight), then people who wish to achieve full whack on the achievements *must* delete multiple characters, which just plain seems wrong as a "forced" thing.

I'd say huuge majority of subscribers are nowhere near reaching character max. And further still from reaching a point where they run out of pointless forgotten lvl 4 chars to delete. That said, I'm certain some -are- at their char cap and their potential headaches in this should be tackled.

With that in mind, I wonder if it would be very complicated or costly (=demands having to do with databases and server farms and other relevant real estate) for BW to increase the max. amount of characters allowed. What is the cap atm anyway? With extra char slot tokens added in picture I mean. They could include legacy bound char tokens as a dvsl rewards for finishing some major achi along the way for example.

Edited by Stradlin

• 1 month later...

Soooo, probably after 10th anniversary, huh?

Quite long to wait for DvL 2.0 or something similiar.

Just don't make new special companion reward/s for those who have Ranos already, because it'll create another loop of posts about bringing back event.

I mean give something else, but not new special companions.

Soooo, probably after 10th anniversary, huh?

Quite long to wait for DvL 2.0 or something similiar.

Just don't make new special companion reward/s for those who have Ranos already, because it'll create another loop of posts about bringing back event.

I mean give something else, but not new special companions.

How about an Astromech Droid?

Heh, I really hope for DvL to return (I want Ranos as well and would gladly pay for her or something but for known already things it'd make otherh who have her already bery unhappy lol) I have huge hope for that new event, this Feast of Prosperity and that there will be one or two companions as reward to obtain that will have a dialogue or two like Ranos/Hexid or sub companions. If there won't be any new companions I'll be disappointed.

What i adore is how people are calling this a 'new' event... its been done before with just as much backlash then as now. Bioware has learned nothing.

The best part of the event last time? THEY WIPED THE ACHIEVEMENTS AT THE END.

Now.. since i had the available slots at the time... i did it, i leveled 8 new toons to redo the story. I was one tier short of legendary... yes, i got the speeder, the armor set. Even earned Hexid and Ragnos.

This time? i don't think I'll put the effort in. Why should i? There are no new rewards.. should i do it again to have my achievements wiped again?

This entire event amounts to "We have no ideas... so play the entire game again."

edit: oh.. missed that it was a necro thread.. oh well

Edited by TaylaEwa

^This. and restructure the event so it makes more sense than just leveling toons, as a lot of us have maxed on our character slots

That's literally the whole event. Level all story classes characters and go through ALL fps.... over and over and over and over. Then at the end, all the achievements you worked so hard to get... POOF! GONE! The rewards are not worth the time and pain that this event requires.

Never say never. But I doubt it will be this year.

They talked about this in the livestream. They felt it might be a good thing to do after the 10th anniversary, so 2022. Of course this wasn't promised so don't think it's set in stone.

Yeah, I wait for DvL 2.0 or something similiar to finally be able to recruit Ranos. I'm all in if Dvl 2.0/new event will bring new rewards and those who accomplished it then will have advantage with e.g starting from 2/3 level instead of 0 like those who will have to accomplish original Dvl stuff or something.

I hope that they won't brake it again and will do that old* will get new rewards and new** only from original, becasue it'll do the same thing, people will beg for return and we'll lock in infinite loop.

*old-these who did whole DvL

**new-these who didn't completed/played at all DvL