Petition: Server Transfers

UlaVii

Sorry we trusted that BW was going to address the issue of server population. And sorry we are asking them to help us out of the situation they created because of their pricing policy. I guess our asking BW to help us out is taking really a lot away from you, because otherwise would you come here to tell us to die in our hole? Or are you just here to savour other people's misery?

If you choose to sit there till someone carries you out that hole, that's up to you. Other people would maybe try and get themselves out.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you choose to sit there till someone carries you out that hole, that's up to you. Other people would maybe try and get themselves out.

Yeah its called a mega server. Since the development team seemed to over look putting server to server que system in the game that is the only reasonable path at this point.

Its not my fault they built this game missing a huge part of the game mechanics called server to server que system. Don't get mad at me, get mad at them. I didn't create this mess.

Yeah its called a mega server. Since the development team seemed to over look putting server to server que system in the game that is the only reasonable path at this point.

Its not my fault they built this game missing a huge part of the game mechanics called server to server que system. Don't get mad at me, get mad at them. I didn't create this mess.

Do you honestly think they ll spend thousands of dollars to merge this dead server to the others for the sake of 50 players that are left on it.

Naive

Edited by Xcurtx

What's the purpose of those 9, if there is not enough people to fill them, same as when we had "100"?

cheaper to keep running the server than to put in the extra money, effort, work hours to move people (those who were to arrogant/lazy to do it for them selfs when they had a window of nearly 1 year)

Edited by Xcurtx

You do understand that player doesnt depend of this game. Did you understand, that my question was about misleading new people to join server, where they cant play mmo part, in a mmo game... etc.. Edited by Shivax

You do understand that player isnt depend of this game. Did you understand, that my question was about misleading new people to join server, where they cant play mmo part, in a mmo game... etc..

Not like we had anything group related since 2014 December anyway.

Also new players will instinctively go to higher pop servers. Its old players that are stuck*. Even the game offers you higher pop servers when you first launch the client.

In anyway even if you do feel like that facts are facts. You have the option to fix the issue for your self.

* = lazy, cheap, stubborn

Not like we had anything group related since 2014 December anyway.

You have the option to fix the issue for your self.

* = lazy, cheap, stubborn

I pay to be fixed, not to fix (I pay them, not they me).

And btw, like you said, no real mmo content, so I'm just fine on tofn atm. I have transferred 1 character for gsf. Point is, that as for me, even if there is a free transfer, I wouldn't use it. I'm just stating the facts, people will leave (out of that 50, 10 will transfer, 10 will stay, the rest will leave) and all new players that come, will leave too. Bad business, that's the point.

Edited by Shivax

Thought you were making TOFN great again....?

ToFN has never stopped being great :p

I tried to stem the tide of people leaving when they gave us 6 days notice that the transfer cost was increasing. If we could of prevented it then we had a chance but you should of seen the general chat channel over that weekend, was just tons of people saying goodbye. It's not reached the point of some of the proper ghost servers from back at launch (RIP Hex Droid) but it's well on the way, especially with summer holidays approaching.

The people that said "you had your chance when the transfers where cheap" don't seem to understand, we have been holding onto hope that they would do merges before it got so bad and in the meantime trying to make the server more appealing so people stay. Then they turned on the free complimentary transfer page and it seemed like mergers were a set thing. A few hours later they turned them off again and come back with "ta-da we've increased the cost from 90 to 1000, you now have 6 days to organise and move hundreds of people".

There are lots of people that can't transfer if there is a fee, for instance I know several angry Greek's who are upset because they can't buy CC due to their countries bank system. Capital Controls means they cannot move money abroad including bank transfers and paypal.

If they turn the complimentary system back on then those of us that do want to leave can go and those that want to stay can remain. It's a one time transfer per character so it avoids the cheap character rename trick people were using, if that is really the reason they increased the price so suddenly.

Edited by UlaVii

oh so when i warned you to transfer i was called stupid and all. 'you ll make ToFN great again' and here you are begging for a merge. Oh the irony.

Nobody called you stupid, we just mostly ignored you besides you already said "I told you so" so we get the message :D

Edited by UlaVii

What's the purpose of those 9, if there is not enough people to fill them, same as when we had "100"?

exactly and that is why i do not understand the dev team not folding all servers into 1 east and 1 west if they can not or are not capable of merging them all into one server.

So?! To be fair, a lot of servers didn't die DIE until the last weekend of 90cc transfers. The choice facing some players NOW is to either pony up $10 a toon or quit. Them quitting will do far more harm to this game than free character transfers will...so who gives a flip what prices were...it's what they are NOW that matters.

Well then I suppose they just quit if they can't deal. That's life for you. Everyone is responsible for forecasting their own fortune on the winds of change.

Personally, I really had faith that they wouldn't let our servers get this bad without a merger happening and I didn't want to leave people behind that had strong connections with others on the server. I figured when/if the time came we would all get to move together. None of us could of predicted they would end the cheap transfers just as the summer holidays where about to begin.

The hope is strong with this one... :)

What continues to amaze me is the "faith" and "hope" that people place on a corporation like EA that has time and time again shown it doesn't care and is more or less clueless about such things.

Bioware needs to realize that Realms (I don't like calling the servers because one realm has many servers) are outdated. There is instancing technology in the game, so why not take the existing server racks, combine them to one realm and with the additional hardware we can have more instances on fleet or for whatever Planet/FP/OPS/Battleground it is needed. That way everyone is happy, shorter waiting times etc. Of course there should be still seperate Realms for languages in Europe, like German, English, French.

But there is no need for designated RP Servers or PVP Servers anymore.

So you'd rather postpone taking action due to baseless hope BW might just possibly maybe if you're lucky merge servers.. and now that you've been disillusioned, you want them to fix it for you? You created your own false hope, it was shattered and somehow BW is responsible and should compensate?

Don't get me wrong, I'll support your plight because I don't give a.. youknow either way but the argument of "We stayed because we hoped.." is weak. You created that hope. You chose for that hope. There was little to no indication they'd merge servers yet you chose to hope for it. That's on you, not BW.

So you'd rather postpone taking action due to baseless hope BW might just possibly maybe if you're lucky merge servers.. and now that you've been disillusioned, you want them to fix it for you? You created your own false hope, it was shattered and somehow BW is responsible and should compensate?

Don't get me wrong, I'll support your plight because I don't give a.. youknow either way but the argument of "We stayed because we hoped.." is weak. You created that hope. You chose for that hope. There was little to no indication they'd merge servers yet you chose to hope for it. That's on you, not BW.

I stayed because the PvP on my server still popped during prime time with a 1 minute wait time. Bioware's announcement of the ending of the 90cc transfers was a major screw up as people rushed to leave.

They also lied earlier when they said they would give us two weeks notice before a price change instead of the one week we ended up with.

If I'd known it would have been this bad, I'd have gathered up my Stronghold and left, but I didn't expect Bioware to announce that stuff and create a mass exodus, nor did I know it would be this bad.

I stayed because the PvP on my server still popped during prime time with a 1 minute wait time. Bioware's announcement of the ending of the 90cc transfers was a major screw up as people rushed to leave.

They also lied earlier when they said they would give us two weeks notice before a price change instead of the one week we ended up with.

If I'd known it would have been this bad, I'd have gathered up my Stronghold and left, but I didn't expect Bioware to announce that stuff and create a mass exodus, nor did I know it would be this bad.

Yes, it was too short notice I agree. It should have been a month at least. I have nothing against the desire for a merger or re-opening 90CC transfers for a full month and I know some people have very valid reasons as to why they didn't move in that 1 week.

However, the argument of "We hoped for.." doesn't cut it. If you chose to stay, based on self fabricated hope and despite being fully informed of the impending changes then that's entirely your own responsibility. And I mean you as in the people this applies to, not you Aiden specifically.

Yes, it was too short notice I agree. It should have been a month at least. I have nothing against the desire for a merger or re-opening 90CC transfers for a full month and I know some people have very valid reasons as to why they didn't move in that 1 week.

However, the argument of "We hoped for.." doesn't cut it. If you chose to stay, based on self fabricated hope and despite being fully informed of the impending changes then that's entirely your own responsibility. And I mean you as in the people this applies to, not you Aiden specifically.

As much sympathy and empathy as I may have for this person stranded on a dead server, I agree with Jenny. Human behavior being what it is, even if there had been a month-long notice, the majority of the people would:

1) Gamble if they stayed beyond the deadline that BW would be forced to do a merge (good luck on that), which people did.

2) Wait until the last 24 hours of the month to transfer because if you give people forever to do something they will take forever to do it

Either way, those remaining behind would still cry foul after the month-long deadline for not being good judges of what the people around them would do.

I can't help but agree with Jenny on this one.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I think that Bioware will be forced to merge servers in the future because of their mishandling of the transfer service over the last year. It won't make financial sense to keep maintaining a cluster that never approaches even half load.

I think that Bioware will be forced to merge servers in the future because of their mishandling of the transfer service over the last year. It won't make financial sense to keep maintaining a cluster that never approaches even half load.

The only reason that I might even open this up for a little bit is

If Kit Harrington can stand there and say for almost a year or more that Jon Snow is dead, that the producers can say Jon Snow is deader than dead, and then bring him back... in any capacity, well then

there might be a server merge. Never say never.

(but don't hold your breath).