Petition: Server Transfers

UlaVii

Sorry we trusted that BW was going to address the issue of server population. And sorry we are asking them to help us out of the situation they created because of their pricing policy.

Why would you "trust" BW to 'address the issue of server population'? They never once said anything about dealing with server population issues. They didn't create the situation with cheap transfers and a not-very-sudden price hike - dead servers have been dying for months/years and you lot were too stubborn to jump ship when you should have.

The people that said "you had your chance when the transfers where cheap" don't seem to understand, we have been holding onto hope that they would do merges before it got so bad and in the meantime trying to make the server more appealing so people stay. Then they turned on the free complimentary transfer page and it seemed like mergers were a set thing. A few hours later they turned them off again and come back with "ta-da we've increased the cost from 90 to 1000, you now have 6 days to organise and move hundreds of people".

BioWare have never once said they were even beginning to start to consider merging any of the remaining servers. Those of you carrying that torch are simply stubborn fools with wishful thoughts. And if they were planning to merge, why would they offer transfers in the first place? They'd just do the merge, and you'd end up on whatever servers they kept. Finally, they didn't "increase the cost" of a server transfer - they ended a promotion that had frankly gone on about 9 months longer than I originally thought it would. The 90cc cost was always touted as a temporary price cut; I originally thought it meant a month, turns out it was more like ten. You didn't have six days to organise and move hundreds of people - you literally had an entire human gestation period.

It's a one time transfer per character so it avoids the cheap character rename trick people were using, if that is really the reason they increased the price so suddenly.

They've already stated the actual reason for the price increase - to bring it in line with other services they officer, such as renames and additional character slots. 90cc was way out of sync for typical 'service fees' they charge. You just got lazy and spoiled because it went on so long.

exactly and that is why i do not understand the dev team not folding all servers into 1 east and 1 west if they can not or are not capable of merging them all into one server.

I sincerely hope they don't. I know I'm very much in the minority, but I would be extremely upset if they forced me onto a highly populated server. I like playing solo. GC's not so spammy, nodes are easy to farm, lag out in the world is almost unheard of. I couldn't imagine doing something like the Gree event on a heavily populated server like Harbinger with my poor little laptop. When I want to run FPs and WZs and Ops, my guild and a few other friendlies are there - I don't need thousands of randoms to enjoy my playtime. Quite the opposite, joining a bustling rush like that would annoy me to no end.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow, when i read what TRE and other Alive servers are writing in here... it makes me wanna stay on a dead server like ToFN.

It's clear most of them only see hatred towards the guilds/players and no empathy for the random players who cannot aford to transfer whatever the cost of cc is, who play on a server where their friends that cannot transfer are, or other different reasons.

Its the cruel life of a comment on the internet. Bullied by trolls, replied by don't-give-a-fkers, when there is a simple idea behind it. > when a server is DEAD - its not the player duty to run like a coward rat onto something else. It requires a feed-back from BW.

"you got x days to move" otherwise you can stay there and die with the server. Without this - all the "you had 6 months to move sayers" - as helpfull as your coments are - please...let us die in peace :)

Sometimes is better to remain silent than say some shi* nobody cares or helps nobody - someday you might be in our shoes.

Edited by CristianRo

Server merges is the best what gonna be happen in this dying game to keep players who actually interested in dat state of the game. But tho they are too greedy and want to make some money on dead servers and players who stuck on it.

But anyway players was warned dat they will stuck on this servers and population will grow down coz players who can't or don't want transfer usually quit.

TOFN was the most popular server in pre-merges times and after and now dead. Server died with PvP.

Edited by helpmewin

somehow, when i read what tre and other alive servers are writing in here... It makes me wanna stay on a dead server like tofn.

It's clear most of them only see hatred towards the guilds/players and no empathy for the random players who cannot aford to transfer whatever the cost of cc is, who play on a server where their friends that cannot transfer are, or other different reasons.

Its the cruel life of a comment on the internet. Bullied by trolls, replied by don't-give-a-fkers, when there is a simple idea behind it. > when a server is dead - its not the player duty to run like a coward rat onto something else. It requires a feed-back from bw.

"you got x days to move" otherwise you can stay there and die with the server. Without this - all the "you had 6 months to move sayers" - as helpfull as your coments are - please...let us die in peace :)

sometimes is better to remain silent than say some shi* nobody cares or helps nobody - someday you might be in our shoes.

^^^^^this^^^^^

Server merges is the best what gonna be happen in this dying game to keep players who actually interested in dat state of the game. But tho they are too greedy and want to make some money on dead servers and players who stuck on it.

But anyway players was warned dat they will stuck on this servers and population will grow down coz players who can't or don't want transfer usually quit.

TOFN was the most popular server in pre-merges times and after and now dead. Server died with PvP.

The only reason they wont do server mergers like they did in the past is since the last server mergers they did we now have flagships. And flagships create a problem for mergers. That is why I believe the next step is one mega server for US and one for EU. With a mega server, the development team moves every player just as it is to the new server. It is easy to move a GM and his ship for them. But server mergers are something completely different. There the GM loses all things attached to him including strongholds and such.

Not only that but mega server is really the only option left. Server mergers only creates the same problem we have now. GMs loosing their flagships, and people wanting to be on the most populated server. And it also eliminates a new player picking POT5 and quitting the game after a week because he thinks the game is dead.

Somehow, when i read what TRE and other Alive servers are writing in here... it makes me wanna stay on a dead server like ToFN...........

If you want to move, you aren't being stopped - Bioware give you 500cc every month with your subscription. Use it to buy something you want. In the meantime, there's double XP, start levelling up a few characters on the server you plan to move to, use it to find a guild you like, so that you can add your other player when you transfer it across.

Sitting around hoping that someone else will fix your problems isn't a solution. If they never merge servers, will you stay there crying for years, instead of taking a few simple steps and getting back to enjoying the game?

I've got no sympathy for people who refuse to try to help themselves.

Not only that but mega server is really the only option left.

No, it's not. There are plenty of options. Like, if you are happy with your server, stay there. If you aren't, move.

If you went to the cinema and found out your seat was dirty and wet, would you just sit there, shout out loudly that your seat is wet, and then wait for someone to pick you up and carry you to a different seat, or would you go and get another one yourself?

Feel free to complain, but don't expect everyone else in the theater to support you when you don't move yourself.

At this moment the Active SWTOR's population is scattered around on several servers (EU-NA-PvP-PvE etc.). I believe that Merging all those servers to one on each region (EU-NA) would be the best option that EA can offer IF you want this game to be saved. If not.. farewell subscribers. No one wants to pay and play on a dead server.

At this moment the Active SWTOR's population is scattered around on several servers (EU-NA-PvP-PvE etc.). I believe that Merging all those servers to one on each region (EU-NA) would be the best option that EA can offer IF you want this game to be saved. If not.. farewell subscribers. No one wants to pay and play on a dead server.

I agree with you 100%. Very well said, thank you! :)

Somehow, when i read what TRE and other Alive servers are writing in here... it makes me wanna stay on a dead server

Don't worry about the attitude of some people here, they are just a tiny portion of the people on the busy servers and as you would in-game, just ignore them. If these ones are already screaming "**** you all, rot where you are!" then you are not going to convince them otherwise :)

They tell the people on the quiet servers to help ourselves and move now. This petition is one step of that. There is no reason to be annoyed about it. Hundreds more people want to come and join the fabric of the destination servers, that is a good thing.

Remember, the more who ask Tait & Eric for help here the better so please ask your friends and guild mates to post a reply "Help me move!". There is a tiny url for this thread to make it easier to link them:

http://tiny.cc/swtor-server-transfers

Actually this few "healthfull" servers not so healthfull as they should be. TRE is looks like TOFN 2 years ago, but TOFN saw a better times before this.

Exactly. Even harbringer is heading in a downward spiral in spite of receiving a huge amount of refugees for a solid year now.

I also know, like you that the quickness a server can go from jam packed to empty is breath taking. Anyone who hasn't been thru a server merger or been on one of those servers wouldn't understand. And we are heading in that direction if the development team doesn't do something quickly.

someday you might be in our shoes.

Do you now what Jung Ma is? My server's population is right up there with POT5 and TOFN. I'm still telling you to stop crying, and that if you really wanted to leave, you had every opportunity for nearly a year to do it for about the price of a collections unlock. Everybody that can post on this forum has been getting at least 500cc per month (give or take...). That's about five and a half transfers per month for ten months - you could have moved every character you had without, say, interference from bs Greek banking laws.

No one wants to pay and play on a dead server.

I'm not nobody, and I'm perfectly happy where I am, where my /guild population is often higher than Fleet's, and it's rare to see 10 toons on a non-starter planet.

Actually this few "healthfull" servers not so healthfull as they should be. TRE is looks like TOFN 2 years ago, but TOFN saw a better times before this.

If you mean early access i'd rather skip the 6 hours queues.

Seriously people, what is your problem? Are you on a well populated server? Are you on a low server but don't want to move. Fine, this thread is not for you.

It is for players who tried to save a server after 5 years of a great run and the effort backfired. Sure, you told us so. Yes, we had a year to transfer for 90CC. *** straight it was our decision to stay. I still don't understand what business of yours it is to flood this thread with arrogance and negativity of obnoxious "I told you so's". We all know the what things are at the moment. We are not crying or demanding anything. We are just are humbly asking BW for help from a bad situation.

So, if you'd like BW to help you move your plethora of characters from a dying to a well-populated server (at the same cost every one else did over the last year, including maybe a stupidity tax/fee), please post a comment to that effect here. Otherwise, please keep out - or start a new thread and name it "I told you so whiners" and have a go at us.

Thank you

If you mean early access i'd rather skip the 6 hours queues.

No, we can skip all this time when on the question where is hight end content, bug fixes and engine optimisation - the answer was do a class stories and community said ok so **** and servers was wiped in first few monthes.

Seriously people, what is your problem? Are you on a well populated server? Are you on a low server but don't want to move. Fine, this thread is not for you.

It is for players who tried to save a server after 5 years of a great run and the effort backfired. Sure, you told us so. Yes, we had a year to transfer for 90CC. *** straight it was our decision to stay. I still don't understand what business of yours it is to flood this thread with arrogance and negativity of obnoxious "I told you so's". We all know the what things are at the moment. We are not crying or demanding anything. We are just are humbly asking BW for help from a bad situation.

So, if you'd like BW to help you move your plethora of characters from a dying to a well-populated server (at the same cost every one else did over the last year, including maybe a stupidity tax/fee), please post a comment to that effect here. Otherwise, please keep out - or start a new thread and name it "I told you so whiners" and have a go at us.

Thank you

A lot of players warned you dat u will stuck on dead server.

Edited by helpmewin

HELP ME!

I agree, having many servers with small populations just leads to apathy and cancelling subs which isn't good for the game players or Bioware.

Would prefer a big 'super server' (dibs on the name 'death star) but as long as we get to a server with an appropriate population I'm good.

There is no reason for this to happen.

His guild could do cheap character transfers up until last week (90cc cost). They could transfer the bulk of their characters then.

He chose to stay so he could get the Galaxy Conqueror achievement on a dead server.

Don't enable such bad behaviors. They should stay on the server he wrote they should stay on only 10 days ago (a whole 10 days!!!!)

People warn about him, ppl didnt listen.

Help me move!

Too bad this server just died. I came back after a half year without any chance to reconize what's going on. I hope this petition will give us a chance to move our toons. I hope...

mm, I am also one of those players who plays rather intense for short periods of time, and then takes long breaks. I don't even end my subscription in between because I usually can't be bothered. This time I came back and looked around and felt something like "where the hell is all the people?". Then i noticed ques take forever, and pvp-arenas only have the same 18~people getting mixed into the two teams of 8 players over and over.

Maybe people should have moved when it was discounted or whatever, I had a period off playing other games when it was. Personally though I can say this; there will be an option to get my 6-7 playable characters to a well populated server cheap or free or a server merge, or my subscription will not continue very long.

I can imagine that applies to a lot of other accounts of people as well.

BioWare had free character transfers then had it at 90CC for the longest time. BioWare is not and should not do anything else for you. Your incompetence for not moving off a dead server during the free time period and the 90CC time period is your fault. Edited by Renata_Roselli