Petition: Server Transfers

UlaVii

Sorry for the long reply, I joined two threads I posted on my guilds website. I did try and trim it down so it's more relevant here.

My goal was to get people to stay and encourage transfers from other servers to join us. Myself and several guild members did the best we could in the time we had but if you were logged in over the weekend after they announced we had 6 days to move then you would of seen general chat. Too many people left and as they said goodbye it led to others following. Myself and a few others tried to convince people to stay but with no word on merges too many saw it as the gateway being closed.

I'm not sure what more you could ask of me or the others that tried to help our server.

You could at least wait a week or two after you got the galaxy conqueror achievement.

So lame

A small handful of us did our best to prevent the mass exodus. It didn't work. So now I should make everyone wait 2 weeks so I don't look bad? That doesn't help anybody.

I didn't pick the date that they would increase the cost or the date that they announced it. We were given 6 days to make a decision and act on it. If you think we (or the other big guilds) could of moved everyone over in 6 days then you are mistaken. We could of took a lot of people but 1/4 to a half would of been left behind. Even now with advance notice of our intent to move several guild members are worried they will be left behind. I know the Greeks are having concerns because of the lock on foreign transactions and people that have already maxed out their monthly CC. I am pushing for the free complimentary transfers that they showed us just 2 weeks ago. They also showed they can turn it on and off at will. If we can convince them to turn it on then everybody can take all their characters in one big go and nobody is left behind.

He chose to stay so he could get the Galaxy Conqueror achievement on a dead server

I have had the Galaxy Conqueror achievement since October 2015. I had a bug with one of the planets not unlocking and submitted a ticket. At first they said there was no problem, then after 3 weeks of me insisting and showing them screenshots they fixed it. In doing so they also granted me Yavin 4 and the Galaxy Conqueror. I decided not to rock the boat due to all the other hassle and tbh, a title is just a title. I've only worn Galaxy Conqueror 2-3 times. I prefer Ancient Threat 😎

You are welcome to inspect my achievements in-game if this is such a big deal to you.

The CQ is just a small part of what we do, it's just a reflection of an active guild. My philosophy is that all the planets come around again. Sure I like to hype up some like Rishi and Yavin 4 but lots of people want those and it's fun to make a big fuss sometimes. Those that took part seem to of enjoyed themselves. Most of us have noticed how outsiders assume we must be conquest demons, cracking whips and screaming at people when the reality is much different. We have a lot of people that enjoy playing together. The conquest rewards people that like to play together. It's not hard to work out. Besides, TRE:Yavin 4 score was 7.5-9m compared to our 11m. Even if it was a challenge, we have never backed down from a good fight 😈

The attitude of "you made your decision now suffer" doesn't help anybody. None of us should ever have been in the position where we had to make these decisions in the first place.

Edited by UlaVii

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I popped on TOFN the other day on my sole remaining char on there (retained only to keep stronghold config). it is really dead on TOFN. Can't have been helped with two of the biggest guilds left on TOFN (Honour and Outbreak) moving during the 90cc period.

To be fair to bioware, they did sign post the price change and gave enough notice. TOFN was already heading towards death and you knew outbreak and honour were going. Yet despite this, less than 2 weeks ago, you made a decision to stay.

Help Me Move!

OP deserves big kudos for posting such a calm, reasoned, well-explained appeal to BW, and those ragging on the OP should be ashamed of themselves. Solidarity is what's called for here, not petty bickering and egotistical I-told-you-so schadenfreude.

Help Me Move!

OP deserves big kudos for posting such a calm, reasoned, well-explained appeal to BW, and those ragging on the OP should be ashamed of themselves. Solidarity is what's called for here, not petty bickering and egotistical I-told-you-so schadenfreude.

How is it egotistical when i personally warned him that this is going to happen?

How is it egotistical when i personally warned him that this is going to happen?

Because these are your fellow gamers, your fellow SWTOR players.

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, you are totally correct. Let's assume you warned him and he ignored you. He has admitted he made a mistake, admitted that he underestimated the gravity of the situation, and asked for help. Yet you're more interested in trumpeting about how you were right and he was wrong, than in helping? Yes, that is petty, yes that is egotistical. OK, YOU WERE RIGHT!

Does that feel good? Is your little ego warm and fuzzy now? Cool, then add your voice to those calling on BW for a solution. You DO understand the concept of solidarity, don't you?

How can you help?

Please post in this thread to show that you want cheap/complimentary transfers to be temporarily re-enabled.

This is the bit that really gets me. Let's say they temporarily give you cheap transfers - they give another week long transfer for 90cc. Then we get this exact same post up, because Johnny couldn't get online during that week, and why should he be punished because it was summer and he was in Ibiza. So Bioware have to give ANOTHER week for people to transfer, only to get more people who "just came back to the game" complaining because they didn't know anything about this.

Or......... we could have, say, a 10 MONTH SPELL where you can transfer around, pretty freely, testing different servers before finally deciding which server you wish to play on, and if people are still on the same server after that, assume that they must be happy where they are, and put the price back up. But not to the 1800cc it was before, only raise it back up to 1000cc.

Oh, wait, that did happen. And you sat on your posterior, telling yourself, "It's OK, I don't need to pay to move - when the price goes back up, I'll just raise a petition to get it for free!"

Edited by CrazyCT

Please merge all same language servers into the regional PvE one. A paying customer should not have to choose between playing on a dead server or paying 10 or 20 thousand Cartel Coins to move all characters to a more populous one! And even if they do choose to pay this outrageous price to move their legacy, they end up losing tens of millions of credits worth of stronghold unlocks! Guilds cannot be moved at all, so they lose their fully unlocked and decorated strongholds and flagships with hundreds of millions of credits worth of decorations!

If you don't have cross server queues in your game, then server transfers should be free. All you're doing is stranding potential paying customers on dead servers. If someone comes back to a dead server to check in on the game, it's extremely likely that he's not going to pay to transfer all his myriad characters to another server at a price of 1000 CC each.

I realize that you care about your customers as much as you do about trash in a trash can, but I fail to see how this was a sound financial move. Far more people would purchase character transfers at a price of 90 CC than at the price of 1000, so you'll most likely end up losing money on this. I realize that the cheap transfers provide only a stopgap measure, but it's the best alternative since you continue to give us the middle finger whenever we ask for server mergers or cross server queues.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

This is the bit that really gets me. Let's say they temporarily give you cheap transfers - they give another week long transfer for 90cc. Then we get this exact same post up, because Johnny couldn't get online during that week, and why should he be punished because it was summer and he was in Ibiza. So Bioware have to give ANOTHER week for people to transfer, only to get more people who "just came back to the game" complaining because they didn't know anything about this.

Or......... we could have, say, a 10 MONTH SPELL where you can transfer around, pretty freely, testing different servers before finally deciding which server you wish to play on, and if people are still on the same server after that, assume that they must be happy where they are, and put the price back up. But not to the 1800cc it was before, only raise it back up to 1000cc.

Oh, wait, that did happen. And you sat on your posterior, telling yourself, "It's OK, I don't need to pay to move - when the price goes back up, I'll just raise a petition to get it for free!"

Seriously, you really sound like you get off on this ... which part of

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, you are totally correct. Let's assume you warned him and he ignored you. He has admitted he made a mistake, admitted that he underestimated the gravity of the situation, and asked for help. Yet you're more interested in trumpeting about how you were right and he was wrong, than in helping? Yes, that is petty, yes that is egotistical. OK, YOU WERE RIGHT!

Does that feel good? Is your little ego warm and fuzzy now? Cool, then add your voice to those calling on BW for a solution. You DO understand the concept of solidarity, don't you?

you don't understand? If you have nothing supportive to add, please just stay off the thread.

Edited by Thanatus

^ This said everything so... not gonna bother to reply to this

FYi if u guys by a miracle do get your free transfers then all of those that didn't get their free transfers will be petitioning for their coins back. Which is one of the major reasons BW will just keep ignoring all 50 of you. Good luck anyway ^^

FYi if u guys by a miracle do get your free transfers then all of those that didn't get their free transfers will be petitioning for their coins back. Which is one of the major reasons BW will just keep ignoring all 50 of you. Good luck anyway ^^

1) No one is asking for anything that wasn't already available (yes, free transfers were available just 2-3 weeks ago)

2) I'm more than happy to pay any reasonable price comparable to 90CC, e.g. 90, 150, 200 but asking for 1000CC / char when most have ~20 chars is a bit steep, wouldn't you agree?

Yep.. all this gnashing of teeth on the topic will likely be ignored by the studio. Giving in to a small minority will disaffect a much larger segment of the player population.

Just like in real life, if you miss a published deadline... that's on you. If you missed a 10 month window, due to noting more then your own personal priorities or inability to make decisions.. that's on you.

Sometimes real life is not fair... and that is true for MMOs too. It sorts the self-reliant and proactive from those that prefer to procrastinate and then play victim.

Help Me Move!

Those blaming bioware for their personal inaction are the only ones that need to feel shame here. It's downright sickening when people are incapable of taking responsibility for their own mistakes and thus blame society instead. Let them stew in a salty sea of their own tears while they mull over the concept of cause & effect and how they factor in as the architect of their own demise. That's all they deserve.

2) I'm more than happy to pay any reasonable price comparable to 90CC, e.g. 90, 150, 200 but asking for 1000CC / char when most have ~20 chars is a bit steep, wouldn't you agree?

Perhaps you would like them to return to the 1800 (original price) that many many players paid to transfer prior to 10 months ago?

Step back a bit and take a practicality pill. Unless/until they offer discounted transfers again... given how fast you can level up characters in this game now days... all you need to do is migrate a main character (with cargo bay loaded, and a fat wallet) to a server of your choice and then spend a couple weeks establishing a multi-character base on that new server. This is not launch, where you had basic leveling play, sans Legacy perks, current state QoLs, etc. etc. etc.

those blaming bioware for their personal inaction are the only ones that need to feel shame here. It's downright sickening when people are incapable of taking responsibility for their own mistakes and thus blame society instead. Let them stew in a salty sea of their own tears while they mull over the concept of cause & effect and how they factor in as the architect of their own demise. That's all they deserve.

+100 :)

Help Me Move!
Am I the only one who thinks the SWTOR employees are reading this thread and sharing a laugh reprising responses from that Comcast "Hey, I'm moving" commercial?

Sorry, double-booked.

I've got a full plate.

All wrapped up.

Prior engagement.

Juggling too many things.

Totally buried.

You REALLY need to take a step back from the conversation and reassess your position. Most of your comments towards players in a difficult position are becoming far more rude than constructive. Put yourself in their shoes.

Server transfer prices drop to 90 CC. Some people leave your server over the course of ~1 year, but it doesn't have a major impact on your ability to play. You don't have money to drop on CC and you spend some of them on new items or packs just like anyone else in the game. You have your guild with a SH and flagship and know the members of your community.

BW posts that transfer prices are going up in a week. People without much tying them down to the server panic and transfer, mostly over the last weekend before the price hike. You have to decide if you want to drop everything you have and transfer or hope that enough players stick around to keep things alive. You also will be strained in finding the money/CC/credits to get what you need transferred to a new location and re-establish yourself and your guild.

Haven't you been the one ranting and raving in merger threads about losing your SH setup or guild ship as being totally unacceptable? Yet you would ask all of these players in the span of a week, when players panic transferred, to not only do all of the things you absolutely would not do, but PAY for the right to do so. Their names will already be taken, they'll have to pay millions of credits to get everything they already had back. They will lose friends, guildmates, and their community if some people choose not to transfer or transfer to a different server.

It's easy to make your grand statements about how it is the player's fault that they are on a dead server and had plenty of time to transfer when your server is a destination and you aren't impacted by the same issues. Perhaps you could show some empathy for the situation rather than accuse those not fortunate to have your luck of trying to take advantage of their ****** situation.

I don't want to move nor would I.

I would agree that some people need this but not as a permanent change. A temporary change due to the fact that maybe BW should have given a bit more warning. I would consider a month more than enough time.

If they do this then are we going to have more people coming in here saying that is not enough time? We had almost a year and while I agree that maybe a week was not that well thought out and it should been a little longer, what is going to stop some from coming back after the month and start complaining again that it was not enough time?

Regarding the cost of 1000 coins that is about $10.00 and from the research I did on the price of transfers of other games this is still a bit cheaper. Of course, I may have missed some so the price is quite reasonable compare to other games since a lot of people still compare this game to others.

Server transfer prices drop to 90 CC. Some people leave your server over the course of ~1 year, but it doesn't have a major impact on your ability to play. You don't have money to drop on CC and you spend some of them on new items or packs just like anyone else in the game. You have your guild with a SH and flagship and know the members of your community.

Oh puh-leeze. Subs get 500cc a month, plus another 100 with the security key. With 90cc transfers, Bioware was literally paying 5-6 transfers per month out their own pocket during the year long period. No excuse whatsoever. If they didn't jump on the bandwagon and chose to instead squander their good fortune because they couldn't detect the shift in the winds, then that is their problem and their problem alone.

Oh puh-leeze. Subs get 500cc a month, plus another 100 with the security key. With 90cc transfers, Bioware was literally paying 5-6 transfers per month out their own pocket during the year long period. No excuse whatsoever. If they didn't jump on the bandwagon and chose to instead squander their good fortune because they couldn't detect the shift in the winds, then that is their problem and their problem alone.

This totally makes sense. I should save up 4 months of cartel coins to transfer 20 toons to another server while every other sub gets to spend theirs on cool new items, gamble them on packs, or unlock stuff in collections. That seems totally fair, after all, it was my fault that my server became under populated, right?

I made my switch a long time ago, but don't come out talking about how it's fair because BW gave people CC for free.

This totally makes sense. I should save up 4 months of cartel coins to transfer 20 toons to another server while every other sub gets to spend theirs on cool new items, gamble them on packs, or unlock stuff in collections. That seems totally fair, after all, it was my fault that my server became under populated, right?

Yes. It is. If you chose to stay behind because you put your personal greed over your long term welfare, then ya know... Thems the breaks. Your problem. utterly and completely. Nobody put a blaster to your head and forced you to try to keep up with the Joneses. If one wants to transfer but doesn't have the extra money to lay down for the newest monthly rare.... guess what? They transfer without the rare and attempt to acquire it as they build themselves up from scratch on their new server. That's how it works.

I made my switch a long time ago, but don't come out talking about how it's fair because BW gave people CC for free.

It is fair. They simply chose not to make the wisest use of the means provided them. Anything on top of those monthly 5-6 transfers is a personal problem. The company shouldn't have to account for anything regarding their clients outside the scope of them being financially stable enough to sub and purchase their desires.

You decide where your own priorities lay. Which is more important to you - a thriving community, or new shinies? Some players spent their monthly stipend on new shinies, some fled their dying servers. You clearly made your choice - no point in blaming BioWare because now you have regrets.

You decide where your own priorities lay. Which is more important to you - a thriving community, or new shinies? Some players spent their monthly stipend on new shinies, some fled their dying servers. You clearly made your choice - no point in blaming BioWare because now you have regrets.

His point was, obviously, comparing people who STARTED on populated servers (example: TRE) who get both community and shinies, and those who are stuck on the dying servers (example: TOFN) who must choose to have only 1 (at the same price at least). Honestly, I think everyone who takes a swift look at his post could realize that. Your response, however, indicates that you chose to interpret his post as if he blames BioWare for forcing people to think before spending coins, and that is indeed stupid.

You seem quite inclined to think your fellow posters are stupid or else you would realize what he meant and respond accordingly. But oh well, it is natural for argument to become less and less logic and more and more offensive...