Petition: Server Transfers

UlaVii

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I haven't read all 34 pages of this thread, but if we reduced transfer prices for a week, would that allow you all enough time to organize your guilds to transfer to the place that makes the most sense for your guild?

As someone who's server was impacted greatly while I as the GM was away on vacation (the week the price increase was announced) - an emphatic yes! Please do this so my guild has a viable option! More than a week would be great but we'll take what we can get. Please give us some heads up when this happens!

Thankfully I moved mine before you increased the prices, but would you consider refunding for players who payed 1000 CC for each transfer if you reduce the price? I know a few who payed that.

I think this actually would cause a ton of work and tbh, those that bought at the 1000 CC did so knowing the price. That's like asking for a refund when the item you bought yesterday goes on sale on the CM tomorrow.

To be honest, I haven't read all 34 pages of this thread, but if we reduced transfer prices for a week, would that allow you all enough time to organize your guilds to transfer to the place that makes the most sense for your guild?

I'll echo the sentiments of others, nice to see you becoming a more visible presence on the forums. Thanks!

Edited by Jamtas

I've never paid attention to it but does the game not use server MOTDs? They could use that to say "Hey transfers are discounted, move your cute little buttocks now or suffer for all eternity!!!"

There's the launcher that can be used for this.

Thank you that would be really appreciated across ToFN (and I'm sure other dying servers). We'll make sure the guilds are ready. Please let us know when the price will be reduced and when the last day of the reduction is and get it done.

Thank you

A week with advance notice would be great. Since monthly CC is just being sent out now then we need to start telling them to save their CC for the transfers.

Schedule wise, sooner the better but not too soon! If we could take next week to organise ourselves both guilds and people and then move over the week after, Monday 16th week. Later than that risks too many people being on summer vacations.

Is there anything you can do for our Greek friends who can't buy CC with the site?

Super happy you responded :)

first, help me move!

seconde,

that would be really good!!

Only thing about the "give a month's notice, then have the sale for a week" idea is that it seems like that would effectively tell everyone "hey, don't buy transfers for the next month, just wait for the sale" - at that point they'd be better off just having the sale for the whole month instead. Edited by DarthDymond

NO, this is NOT the answer!

I stayed on my dying server Tomb of Freedon Nadd for few reasons, one is that I won't be able to force all my IRL casual friends to move (it's too much of a problem with many characters, decorated stronghold, legacy bank etc.).

This is also NOT THE ANSWER for a problem of dying servers! New players hop into the game and have no people to play with? No active guilds, empty warzone queue (I won't even mention GSF) etc.? Do you think they will keep playing and paying? Do you think they will recommend a dead game to their friends?

You should fix this issue ASAP and merge servers together. And please, don't force us to redecorate our Strongholds...

Edited by Apophis_

Nice idea, but sadly it won't help much because as long as there is no way to transfer Guildships, Guildstrongholds, etc. a lot of players I know won't transfer to another Server :mad: ...

Some might say now - *Well you all could just reacquire everything..!* - or - *Those are just some stupid things and if BW would force on you a tranfer with a server-merge you wouldn't be able to transfer those as well..!* ... In either and every other case let my say that *IT DOES MATTER* to a lot of players and that we all invested time to acquire all those things and we do not want to invest the time again to reacquire them..!

Therefore as long as BW does not find / provides a way for players to transfer those things a lot of us won't transfer... And if there would be a forced transfer without those things and no compensation I am quite sure more than a few Players would stop playing and leave SW:ToR (I for one know at least 8 Guilds with approximately up to 650 Players which would leave the game - perhaps not all of the Players would leave but I think the majority would)..!

Best regards

Kage

P.s.:

BW..! Please focus on solving the problem with

transfering Guildships, etc. ..!!!!

Edited by Kagekeishu

*snip*

I honestly don't know who got the bright idea that guilds and guild ships should be transferable, but it's a terrible one. Guild ships don't belong to any one person, they belong to the guild as a whole. If the gm wants to transfer and those who helped buy the ship can't or won't, having the system force the ship into another server is effectively theft. I can see many a fraud ticket over a gm running off with a multi-million credit piece of merchandise. I honestly don't see guild ship transfers becoming a thing for that alone.

I honestly don't know who got the bright idea that guilds and guild ships should be transferable, but it's a terrible one. Guild ships don't belong to any one person, they belong to the guild as a whole. If the gm wants to transfer and those who helped buy the ship can't or won't, having the system force the ship into another server is effectively theft. I can see many a fraud ticket over a gm running off with a multi-million credit piece of merchandise. I honestly don't see guild ship transfers becoming a thing for that alone.

Just because it would be copied to a new server doesn't mean it has to disappear from the origin server. It could stay there too. I also believe guilds should be able to transfer their ships. I'm stuck on a dead server with a fully unlocked ship. Our guild would likely appreciate not having to do all the work to unlock all that again!

But we'll take what we can get. 90cc for a week would be very helpful!

If a gm wants to boot everyone out and disband the guild they can do that. GM does get to have the power like it or not. Choose wisely

Thank you for even having considered this possibility! Stay assured, we'll not waste this "second chance" we've been offered! :)

Also, many thanks to the OP for having catalysed the ToFN community on this important matter, not only on the forums but also in the fleets' general chat.

Nice idea, but sadly it won't help much because as long as there is no way to transfer Guildships, Guildstrongholds, etc. a lot of players I know won't transfer to another Server :mad: ...

Some might say now - *Well you all could just reacquire everything..!* - or - *Those are just some stupid things and if BW would force on you a tranfer with a server-merge you wouldn't be able to transfer those as well..!* ... In either and every other case let my say that *IT DOES MATTER* to a lot of players and that we all invested time to acquire all those things and we do not want to invest the time again to reacquire them..!

Therefore as long as BW does not find / provides a way for players to transfer those things a lot of us won't transfer... And if there would be a forced transfer without those things and no compensation I am quite sure more than a few Players would stop playing and leave SW:ToR (I for one know at least 8 Guilds with approximately up to 650 Players which would leave the game - perhaps not all of the Players would leave but I think the majority would)..!

Best regards

Kage

P.s.:

BW..! Please focus on solving the problem with

transfering Guildships, etc. ..!!!!

Unfortunately have to make a choice my guild did. Stay on a dyiong server, be miserable and quit game - or transfer, reacquire guild items and play on a new server. We chose the latter and while the loss of things did suck, we're enjoying the game again

Edited by Jamtas

This is great news. What's the next petition, then? Demanding full 224 gear (208 for you PvP'ers) for all your chars cause you can't get a group? All the collections unlocked cause no-one is selling hypercrates on the GTN? Maybe all the achievements done because you can't do conquests without a guild?

Just because it would be copied to a new server doesn't mean it has to disappear from the origin server. It could stay there too. I also believe guilds should be able to transfer their ships. I'm stuck on a dead server with a fully unlocked ship. Our guild would likely appreciate not having to do all the work to unlock all that again!

But we'll take what we can get. 90cc for a week would be very helpful!

Wouldn't copy and paste be a loop hole out of purchasing one legitimately? Those with a ship could continuously jump from server to server acquiring fully unlocked ship copies. Seems a bit shifty to me.

NO, this is NOT the answer!

I stayed on my dying server Tomb of Freedon Nadd for few reasons, one is that I won't be able to force all my IRL casual friends to move (it's too much of a problem with many characters, decorated stronghold, legacy bank etc.).

This is also NOT THE ANSWER for a problem of dying servers! New players hop into the game and have no people to play with? No active guilds, empty warzone queue (I won't even mention GSF) etc.? Do you think they will keep playing and paying? Do you think they will recommend a dead game to their friends?

You should fix this issue ASAP and merge servers together. And please, don't force us to redecorate our Strongholds...

Newsflash:

Even if they merge those servers together You will have to:

(1) redecorate your strongholds

(2) disband the guild

(3) empty guild banks

(4) start the guild over

(5) redecorate the guld ship

(6) redecorate the guild strongholds

(7) get a new guild bank.

When the last merger happened guilds had to be disbanded and guild banks empty and gotten over again, so the same thing will happen again.

We have paid A LOT for the guildships and we have a lot of ppl that can't afford a transfer and they have a lot of chars on a dead server (Tomb of Freedon Nadd i'm talking about). We cant just leave all we have archieved in this server and leave alone ppl that cant afford a transfer!! (There are ppl that plays f2p, or only can pay for the suscription and don't have CC's in this time, they cant afford a transfer even if it's on 90CC).

And what if you put the transfers again at 90cc in a week? ToFN will be a desert, you will keep alive a desert server???

Please, MERGE SERVERS, you do it once, I know there are now the strongholds, but you have a brilliant minds, you can think about something.