Petition: Server Transfers

UlaVii

that's not what the OP has been asking, and several other threads as well. Also TUX then you ll get the people who had to use their coins to transfer whining to give it back. drama after drama in any way

That's why they never should have gone to 1000cc to begin with. I didn't start this fire, Bioware did...they need to put it out.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was agreeing with you btw. It's just these questions have to be asked about what they will do with the server if it loses even more population

Sorry - you're absolutely right.

And how many times do they give them a free transfer because you know as well as I do someone is going to come to the forums and say they didn't get one or wait why did a certain server get a free transfer and I didn't. Please don't say people won't because you and I both know that is going to happen.

I agree that maybe they should have extended the 90cc by a month not a week but free transfers, sorry not going to agree with that when most of them had the chance to move and yes I understand not wanting to move because of guild items.

But then them coming to the forums requesting the 90cc after the fact and the fact that some of them said they were going to stay there. Yes people left and that should be expected. I would agree to a month 90cc but they need to understand that this is the last time and not come back to the forums again asking for this again, which I am not holding my breath.

There is a limit to where we understand why people are upset and when they start taking responsibility for their choices.

Edited by casirabit

And how many times do they give them a free transfer because you know as well as I do someone is going to come to the forums and say they didn't get one or wait why did a certain server get a free transfer and I didn't. Please don't say people won't because you and I both know that is going to happen.

I agree that maybe they should have extended the 90cc by a month not a week but free transfers, sorry not going to agree with that when most of them had the chance to move and yes I understand not wanting to move because of guild items.

But then them coming to the forums requesting the 90cc after the fact and the fact that some of them said they were going to stay there. Yes people left and that should be expected. I would agree to a month 90cc but they need to understand that this is the last time and not come back to the forums again asking for this again, which I am not holding my breath.

There is a limit to where we understand why people are upset and when they start taking responsibility for their choices.

Why limit it? Why not just make it free for good for people on particular servers?

Just like you HAVE to read the ToS when you install iTunes? Yeah, I'm sure you've picked through THAT with a fine toothed comb.

Thus the quotations on "have". Whether you chose to actually read them or not, you agreed to abide by them. You did not agree to follow the forums every day or every week or ever. Putting the onus on the players to sort out populations is a poor tactic that will always leave some players behind. Whether they come to the forums regularly and just didn't want to transfer or they had no idea that their server was all the sudden going to be a ghost town, it doesn't matter. If BW wants these players to continue with the game, they should take matters into their own hands and provide a better solution than a reduced cost to inconvenience yourself and start over on another server.

Cause it's a business, not a charity

So you think it serves them well, as a business, to have fiscal punishments for their players who want to move servers? Why exactly? Why is that better, long term?

Why limit it? Why not just make it free for good for people on particular servers?

Sorry, no. You are trying to cater to particular servers and that is not fair to the rest of the people. This is a business not a charity. I feel for them, I really do but there needs to be a time limit due to the fact some people will take advantage of it and particularly make a toon on the server knowing full well they will get a free transfer.

Please don't say people won't, we both know there are some that will.

The 90cc was almost here a year and they failed to take advantage of it. Yes I understand why but there comes a time we need to take responsibility for our actions and stop blaming everyone else for our decisions.

Sorry, no. You are trying to cater to particular servers and that is not fair to the rest of the people. This is a business not a charity. I feel for them, I really do but there needs to be a time limit due to the fact some people will take advantage of it and particularly make a toon on the server knowing full well they will get a free transfer.

What does that matter to you exactly? Or to Bioware?! Why do they care where you make a toon?

What does that matter to you exactly? Or to Bioware?! Why do they care where you make a toon?

You are encouraging people to take advantage of a situation and that is not right. I care because I believe in right and wrong and that is wrong when you take advantage of a situation.

Thus the quotations on "have". Whether you chose to actually read them or not, you agreed to abide by them. You did not agree to follow the forums every day or every week or ever. Putting the onus on the players to sort out populations is a poor tactic that will always leave some players behind. Whether they come to the forums regularly and just didn't want to transfer or they had no idea that their server was all the sudden going to be a ghost town, it doesn't matter. If BW wants these players to continue with the game, they should take matters into their own hands and provide a better solution than a reduced cost to inconvenience yourself and start over on another server.

What's your point here? People didn't read the ToS, but HAVE to follow it. People didn't read the notice on the forums, but SHOULDN'T have to follow it? Seems like you are fighting both sides here.

And whether people read it or not, the price changed. I'm pretty sure there will be a clause somewhere saying "Prices subject to change without notice..... etc, the same as most ToS for any services that charge money.

You are encouraging people to take advantage of a situation and that is not right. I care because I believe in right and wrong and that is wrong when you take advantage of a situation.

How would me creating a toon on a less populated server so I can enjoy the story more freely, be wrong if I planned on transferring him after I finished the story? What if I just want a fresh, uncluttered experience?

The 90cc was almost here a year and they failed to take advantage of it. Yes I understand why but there comes a time we need to take responsibility for our actions and stop blaming everyone else for our decisions.

Wait, what? Who would create a character on one server only to transfer it to another server regardless of cost? This argument makes no sense.

So you think it serves them well, as a business, to have fiscal punishments for their players who want to move servers? Why exactly? Why is that better, long term?

No, I think it serves them better to charge for services and not give them away for free.

Wait, what? Who would create a character on one server only to transfer it to another server regardless of cost? This argument makes no sense.

And there is no one in the game that would do this? Give me a break. There are people that would take advantage of that. You know that as well unless you trying to say there are no people that would take advantage of the situation and in that case I have some waterfront property in Arizona I can sell you.

What's your point here? People didn't read the ToS, but HAVE to follow it. People didn't read the notice on the forums, but SHOULDN'T have to follow it? Seems like you are fighting both sides here.

And whether people read it or not, the price changed. I'm pretty sure there will be a clause somewhere saying "Prices subject to change without notice..... etc, the same as most ToS for any services that charge money.

I'm not saying there is an issue from a legal perspective. But the argument that BW gave you 6 days notice to transfer is a terrible one. I'd bet 90% of the community didn't know that server transfer prices were changing for those 6 days. And whether you read the terms or not, you had to indicate that you read them and agree to them. At no point was a player required to read BW's posts that server transfer prices were dropped or that they were raised.

Thus your argument comparing information in a GD post to the ToS is ridiculous and invalid.

And there is no one in the game that would do this? Give me a break. There are people that would take advantage of that. You know that as well unless you trying to say there are no people that would take advantage of the situation and in that case I have some waterfront property in Arizona I can sell you.

What's the benefit? Are you suggesting players would create characters, transfer them, delete them, and repeat just to try and make BW lose money? Fine, in the unlikely event of this, limit free transfers to characters already created on the date they go live. Put a popup in the game the first time someone attempts to create a character on the server that tells them that any new characters they create are not eligible for free transfer.

How would me creating a toon on a less populated server so I can enjoy the story more freely, be wrong if I planned on transferring him after I finished the story? What if I just want a fresh, uncluttered experience?

You are taking advantage of what the free transfer is for. It was for those stuck there not for new toons. The only way I can see them ever giving free transfers to a server is to lock the server so no more toons can be made on the server. That is what SWG did.

Free transfers do cost the company something and anyone using it for something it is not meant for is taking advantage of the situation. No one should get a free transfer if they make a toon after the server transfers are given.

You are taking advantage of what the free transfer is for. It was for those stuck there not for new toons. The only way I can see them ever giving free transfers to a server is to lock the server so no more toons can be made on the server. That is what SWG did.

Free transfers do cost the company something and anyone using it for something it is not meant for is taking advantage of the situation. No one should get a free transfer if they make a toon after the server transfers are given.

If they leave the servers open, I don't see it as wrong at all. If Bioware wants to stop players from doing that, they can do exactly what SWG did and lock them...otherwise, it's an insignificant issue.

To quote a long forgotten user on the forums of a dead MMO:

"There was less uproar when they changed health care providers at my huge, publicly traded company."

Some of you really don't have much else in life to do than kvetch about videos games.

Wish I had that kind of time, all the time and still afford to pay my mortgage.

So your preferred method of entertainment has/is changing...learn to live with change or get mauled by life.

SWTOR is just entertainment, nothing more and it will not last forever - enjoy it while you can.

To quote a long forgotten user on the forums of a dead MMO:

"There was less uproar when they changed health care providers at my huge, publicly traded company."

Some of you really don't have much else in life to do than kvetch about videos games.

Wish I had that kind of time, all the time and still afford to pay my mortgage.

So your preferred method of entertainment has/is changing...learn to live with change or get mauled by life.

SWTOR is just entertainment, nothing more and it will not last forever - enjoy it while you can.

Could say the same about you, you're spending the time of your life to kvetch about people who kvetch about video games. This is a gaming forum, talking about the game is what we're here for, to talk about issues and improvements. It's a pretty straightforward concept, I don't know why that's difficult for you to understand.

Some people don't just "live with change" and just accept everything you know... people are kvetching about SWTOR because they can't enjoy it, but really want to...

Edited by DarthWoad