Petition: Server Transfers

UlaVii

To be honest, I haven't read all 34 pages of this thread, but if we reduced transfer prices for a week, would that allow you all enough time to organize your guilds to transfer to the place that makes the most sense for your guild?

Transfers will never solve the problem. This will only move the problem between the servers, You let the players pay for it, but the problem will still remains forever on some servers.

Do You think, this is the right way to satisfy Your (paying) customers?

I don't think so.

The results are half empty servers with thousands of inactive characters/strongholds/flagships, splitted guilds, ruined friendships, angry customers and last but not least Bioware shames oneself and loses more and more subscribers.

So, why You don't solve the problems in Your game? Why?

Btw... Did You ever thought how ranked pvp could rise, when you have one queue for every continent instead of only 1 - 5 teams on every single server?

I know many players (subscribers) they left the game exactly on these grounds.

But You really don't get it, right?

My suggeestions:

1.) Merge servers

2.) continental queue for ranked pvp

3.) quick bugfixes (and deactivate buggy maps like rishi arena since you can fix it).

4.) new group content and operations

5.) set ball operations at the same difficult level (from eternity vault to ravagers)

6.) fair loot system (224 in highlighted hardmode kp + ev is ridiculous)

Edited by Opaknack

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this thread as I browsed the dev tracker, and wanted to throw in my two cents. Frankly, it's not about needing time to organize my guildies to transfer servers. It's about how do I get all the stuff my guild has unlocked on my current server to my new server? I.E. fully unlocked guild flagship, fully unlocked guild stronghold. Along with tons of awesome deco's that've been donated directly to guild (not unlocked by guildies via credits).

The only answer I've recieved from people I know whos' guilds did transfer: you have to re-unlock them (which may be incorrect, if so, please let me know). So after spending somewhere in the range of 200-300 million credits guild wide to fully unlock our guild flagship and stronghold, as well as all the decos on our origin server. Not only would we have to refarm the decos directly donated, which were'nt that easy to get in the first place, but we'd have to spend another 200-300 million credits guild wide to basically have our flagship and stronghold back the way we wanted it, just now on the new server.

That my friends is simply not feasable to me, or my guildies. Thus, we're stuck on a server with a dwindling population. So, instead of paying even more of our hard earned real money to transfer all our toons, and then having to put in even more hours grinding and farming credits/ encryptions/ frameworks to get what we've already earned on our origin server, simply to have a reasonably decent player base is not worth it to me or mine.

Now, unfortunately due to the lower population we're seeing far fewer Queue pops, be it WZs, GSF, or GF. Now my guild is mainly a PvP guild but in the "off" hours (non- prime time) there is very little for us to do. Because it relys on needing non- guildies to be doing stuff too. Thus, a large majority of our "off" hours players have turned to other games for entertainment instead of SWTOR.

So I'd like to know if there is a way to transfer not just characters but guilds along with flagships, strongholds, decos, etc.

Please let me know, thanks.

if you refund those who had to pay 1k CC for it i would agree with doing this. But unless that happens they should pay the price all the 1k people did.

I'd like to know what happened with those that payed 1800 CC for character transfer when BW announced the huge reduction to 90 CC: did they also ask for a refund?

Also, if I recall correctly, the 90 CC option was meant to make it easier for players to join their friends on other servers. People used that for cheap renames, move out from supposedly dead servers or other intent that was clearly not stated by BW. Now, if I didn't move my characters because I was already playing with my friends, why should I find it fair to accept the consequences of my choice and stay on a dead server? My choice was to stay with my friends, the certainty of a dead server became a fact only after the 90 CC transfer fee was over.

Now, this petition is meant to support those players that found themselves stuck on a dead server, a situation that was a collateral and unexpected effect of the sudden increase in character transfer fee. BW is currently considering this issue and, hopefully, will make appropriate options available. It doesn't have anything to do with those that payed 1800 CC, 90 CC or 1000 CC for different reasons.

Edited by xberry
Corrected punctuation marks

To be honest, I haven't read all 34 pages of this thread, but if we reduced transfer prices for a week, would that allow you all enough time to organize your guilds to transfer to the place that makes the most sense for your guild?

what about the player who already bought char transfer from 1k cc? are you going to refund them? if not, dont do this at all

No this will not solve the problem.

Read through the thread Ben and bypass the fanboys stuff.

Main issues are Strongholds and Guildships.

People do not want to restart over on a new server having lost everything they have busted their butts grinding for and start from scratch.

Low server population is not the blame of the player but it is a problem for him.

Tomb of Freedon Nadd is one of many with this issue.

Checking the server status throughout the day shows that only 3 EU servers hit standard population out of 9 servers. The US servers have 2 that hit standard population out of 8 servers.

People want to move and will pay CC but the strongholds and guildships/deco is the issue.

Say you drop the prices and more take the bait and leave certain servers, it will result in more forum threads like this from the people left behind on newly empty servers.

Solution is to find a way for us to move strongholds/guildships and merge light population servers with other light population servers to create new standard population servers.

Honestly, it has been 90 CC for what over 6 months now? I understand people want to move their guilds over but until you can do that people still won't move. They will continue to complain that their guilds are dying on dead servers because people are swapping.

You should reduce it for a week IF you can get guilds to swap over. Otherwise you are just fanning the flames.

We know that merges are incoming once you can milk every CC / $$$ out of the community. Do the right thing and allow guilds to swap if you can. If not, then do one more "last chance" to swap at a discount since people couldn't figure it out for the last 6 months. After that, it's their own fault for staying on dead servers.

Anyone who's seriously asking for a refund; grow up. I unlocked a bunch of CM Collections stuff on Monday, right before on Tuesday it all became 50% off, do you see me cry over refunds? If BW does lower the price for transfers once more for about a week then regardless of the reason behind it, it's kinda just another weekly sale--are you gonna demand refunds each time something goes on sale that you previously paid the full amount for? Or are you only bothered in this particular case because you're just that petty? You made a deliberate choice to pay 1000CC, regardless of motivation and that responsibility lies with you, suck it up.

And for the moment all of this is still hypothetical anyways, Ben never said "We will". He's simply inquiring to see if it would be helpful and even if he gets 2000 posts that say "yes it will help" it's still no sure fire guarantee they'll actually lower the transfer costs again.

And for the moment all of this is still hypothetical anyways, Ben never said "We will". He's simply inquiring to see if it would be helpful and even if he gets 2000 posts that say "yes it will help" it's still no sure fire guarantee they'll actually lower the transfer costs again.

And yet, I get the feeling that people will see it as set in stone, and will have already committed this to memory, and have printed the statement in triplicate.

Saw this thread as I browsed the dev tracker, and wanted to throw in my two cents. Frankly, it's not about needing time to organize my guildies to transfer servers. It's about how do I get all the stuff my guild has unlocked on my current server to my new server? I.E. fully unlocked guild flagship, fully unlocked guild stronghold. Along with tons of awesome deco's that've been donated directly to guild (not unlocked by guildies via credits).

The only answer I've recieved from people I know whos' guilds did transfer: you have to re-unlock them (which may be incorrect, if so, please let me know). So after spending somewhere in the range of 200-300 million credits guild wide to fully unlock our guild flagship and stronghold, as well as all the decos on our origin server. Not only would we have to refarm the decos directly donated, which were'nt that easy to get in the first place, but we'd have to spend another 200-300 million credits guild wide to basically have our flagship and stronghold back the way we wanted it, just now on the new server.

That my friends is simply not feasable to me, or my guildies. Thus, we're stuck on a server with a dwindling population. So, instead of paying even more of our hard earned real money to transfer all our toons, and then having to put in even more hours grinding and farming credits/ encryptions/ frameworks to get what we've already earned on our origin server, simply to have a reasonably decent player base is not worth it to me or mine.

Now, unfortunately due to the lower population we're seeing far fewer Queue pops, be it WZs, GSF, or GF. Now my guild is mainly a PvP guild but in the "off" hours (non- prime time) there is very little for us to do. Because it relys on needing non- guildies to be doing stuff too. Thus, a large majority of our "off" hours players have turned to other games for entertainment instead of SWTOR.

So I'd like to know if there is a way to transfer not just characters but guilds along with flagships, strongholds, decos, etc.

Please let me know, thanks.

And this is why there probably won't be any mergers any time soon. Not because they don't want to, but it will take them a LONG time to figure out a way to let players or guilds transfer over everything, strongholds, guild banks, guild ships, decorations, etc.

Some don't take this into consideration when they 'demand' mergers.

Anyone who's seriously asking for a refund; grow up. I unlocked a bunch of CM Collections stuff on Monday, right before on Tuesday it all became 50% off, do you see me cry over refunds? If BW does lower the price for transfers once more for about a week then regardless of the reason behind it, it's kinda just another weekly sale--are you gonna demand refunds each time something goes on sale that you previously paid the full amount for? Or are you only bothered in this particular case because you're just that petty? You made a deliberate choice to pay 1000CC, regardless of motivation and that responsibility lies with you, suck it up.

The thing people don't realize is that at this moment, even if Bioware really and truly wanted to do server merges again, they can't. They need to work on a way to let people and guilds keep their strongholds, all their current decorations, and their guild ships. That's just not possible right now and we just go back to the main issue at hand why some people haven't left, they'll lose everything. I swear sometimes people don't think things through.

I agree with you on the refunds thing. When SOR came around and they made it where skills didn't cost anything, I had already spent about 6 mil total on a number of toons, I didn't ask for my money back. I would hate to deal with these people in a customer service job, I'd be unemployed cause I got the satisfaction of telling them where to sit and spin.

The thing people don't realize is that at this moment, even if Bioware really and truly wanted to do server merges again, they can't. They need to work on a way to let people and guilds keep their strongholds, all their current decorations, and their guild ships. That's just not possible right now and we just go back to the main issue at hand why some people haven't left, they'll lose everything. I swear sometimes people don't think things through.

Yeah. I originally intended to suggest they;

- Shut down new character creation on low-pop so new players don't get stuck in ghost town

- Shut down transfers TO low-pop designations

- Open up free transfers FROM low-pop only

And let that run for about 1-2 months informing people they have a certain amount of time to move their own characters off those servers before the low-pops get shut down completely. Seems better than merging/megaservers however.. if you do that then;

- You still have the guildship/stronghold issue

- Some players actually LIKE being on low-pop servers and deliberately moved there before transfer prices went up.. forcing them to move would be just as unfair until BW actually decides it's more financially viable to shut those 'dead' servers down.

I'm glad BenIrving is showing signs of wanting to help out, it's a positive thing for the community overall but I'm uncertain the temporary discount will improve matters all that much. Certain issues will remain for now and the guildship/stronghold thing will be reason for some to stay on low-pop despite the discount and decline in population and despite rather being on med/high pop.

It might fix the issue for them being on a dead server, but it's not going to save the server.

What happens if new players join and see that it's dead, thinking the game is dead, and then leave? There's a lost customer right there. With the removal of the server statuses, there's no way of knowing if you're going to join a dead server or a thriving server. This is an MMO after all, and I think , in my opinion, they should merge the servers.

I think this actually would cause a ton of work and tbh, those that bought at the 1000 CC did so knowing the price. That's like asking for a refund when the item you bought yesterday goes on sale on the CM tomorrow.

As opposed to crying, whining and throwing temper tantrum because the sale ended yesterday and you CHOSE not to take advantage of the sale while it was active?

Yeah. I originally intended to suggest they;

- Shut down new character creation on low-pop so new players don't get stuck in ghost town

- Shut down transfers TO low-pop designations

- Open up free transfers FROM low-pop only

And let that run for about 1-2 months informing people they have a certain amount of time to move their own characters off those servers before the low-pops get shut down completely. Seems better than merging/megaservers however.. if you do that then;

- You still have the guildship/stronghold issue

- Some players actually LIKE being on low-pop servers and deliberately moved there before transfer prices went up.. forcing them to move would be just as unfair until BW actually decides it's more financially viable to shut those 'dead' servers down.

I'm glad BenIrving is showing signs of wanting to help out, it's a positive thing for the community overall but I'm uncertain the temporary discount will improve matters all that much. Certain issues will remain for now and the guildship/stronghold thing will be reason for some to stay on low-pop despite the discount and decline in population and despite rather being on med/high pop.

I'd suggest the opposite - shut-down letting people onto servers that are healthy and try to repopulate the smaller servers. The game struggles with too many people in one place (and I'm not just talking about standing around waiting on a Heroic Mob to respawn). It would be better to spread them out a bit more.

This would also put newer people on a different server from veterans, and make it easier to find groups for the lower level content. Remember how much fun you had levelling up the first few times with a bunch of folk, doing all the FP's together? Now all you get is screams of "SPACEBAR NAOW!!!!!"

Edited by CrazyCT

Merges will be soon tho. Coz there is no point to support dead servers. SIMS : SW edition online don't need so many servers, they need CM support.

but what servers are really dead? people say jedi cov is dead and it is alive as ever with nearly 200 on fleet 150 on dromund kaas, and 70 on starter planets, as well and 50 on other planets

I'd suggest the opposite - shut-down letting people onto servers that are healthy and try to repopulate the smaller servers. The game struggles with too many people in one place (and I'm not just talking about standing around waiting on a Heroic Mob to respawn). It would be better to spread them out a bit more.

Isn't that what Instances are for?

Isn't that what Instances are for?

Ah, you thought I was just talking about heroics (even though I clearly said it's not just about that). I'd rather have some server stability. Forcing all people onto the one server like battery hens will not be healthy for the hardware. It's not very nice having server rollbacks.

Edited by CrazyCT

This would also put newer people on a different server from veterans, and make it easier to find groups for the lower level content. Remember how much fun you had levelling up the first few times with a bunch of folk, doing all the FP's together? Now all you get is screams of "SPACEBAR NAOW!!!!!"

That could actually work too yeah and give a renewed 'purpose' to currently 'dead' servers. I like the idea but brace yourself because "It'll make new players think the game is dead!" "We want new players on our Harby too for queue times" and more like that.

Still, +1 from me.

Forcing others to purposely play on a lower population server is only going to chase players away. I'm not metric fan, im only good for conspiracies without evidence, but im pretty sure this game doesn't get enough active players, or at least keep players engaged enough to stay on the game to keep all the other dead servers in check like TOFN and POT5. This game often has a lot of choice in the main story, and it should be up to the players to purposely move to a dead server in hopes of restoring it, or jumping ship to the biggest server. People who like GSF, PVP, and even other group activities is going to miss a lot as TOFN, POT5, and Bastion are one of those "must log in at primetime" servers to do anything outside of solo content.

The only thing I got from this is to simply post more....:D

Edited by peter_plankskull