Petition: Server Transfers

UlaVii

To be honest, I haven't read all 34 pages of this thread, but if we reduced transfer prices for a week, would that allow you all enough time to organize your guilds to transfer to the place that makes the most sense for your guild?

As long as we konw which week that is a few weeks beforehand.

But other than that we'd really want to know what your long term plans are? It can't be your plan that some servers have so low population that it's near impossible to do any group content. Some new guy joining the game can't see the population or what type it used to be when selecting a server, they may select TOFN at random and think the game is near dead, while it might be much more thriving on TRE for example.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have paid A LOT for the guildships and we have a lot of ppl that can't afford a transfer and they have a lot of chars on a dead server (Tomb of Freedon Nadd i'm talking about). We cant just leave all we have archieved in this server and leave alone ppl that cant afford a transfer!! (There are ppl that plays f2p, or only can pay for the suscription and don't have CC's in this time, they cant afford a transfer even if it's on 90CC).

And what if you put the transfers again at 90cc in a week? ToFN will be a desert, you will keep alive a desert server???

Please, MERGE SERVERS, you do it once, I know there are now the strongholds, but you have a brilliant minds, you can think about something.

Oh please, they couldn't transfer guilds intact and guild banks the last time. They not going to be able to transfer guild strongholds and guildships now when they couldn't do it then. You are going to have to make a choice, yes it is hard but you have a choice.

If they pay for a sub they get 500 cc a month so those that can only pay for a sub still get coins.

Edited by casirabit

If a gm wants to boot everyone out and disband the guild they can do that. GM does get to have the power like it or not. Choose wisely

I knew someone was going to say this. And this attitude in general is exactly why there is no need to give them further ability to abuse it. As far as a gm taking your credits and kicking you tho, you can report that person and have cs do a cross check of exchanges.

To be honest, I haven't read all 34 pages of this thread, but if we reduced transfer prices for a week, would that allow you all enough time to organize your guilds to transfer to the place that makes the most sense for your guild?

If you guys do this you better make it blatantly clear that it's happening. On stream, on the launcher, on the frontpage, on facebook, twitter, email. Make sure players has anyone to blame but themselves for missing the transfer window.

The reduction to 90 was only temporary, something you guys left on for months. Going to 1000cc is still cheaper then the original price of 1800. You gave us months of 90cc and two weeks notice before raising it to 1000cc. By my estimate, people chose not to transfer and now they're crying about it.

If you do it again, they'll WILL be people that cry after.

I wish there was a way for you to just permanently enable free/90cc transfers off low population servers but BLOCK transfers to low population servers.

As long as we konw which week that is a few weeks beforehand.

But other than that we'd really want to know what your long term plans are? It can't be your plan that some servers have so low population that it's near impossible to do any group content. Some new guy joining the game can't see the population or what type it used to be when selecting a server, they may select TOFN at random and think the game is near dead, while it might be much more thriving on TRE for example.

They can come to the forums and check the server status on the forum front page. Even those F2P and preferred can read the forums, just can't post.

If you guys do this you better make it blatantly clear that it's happening. On stream, on the launcher, on the frontpage, on facebook, twitter, email. Make sure players has anyone to blame but themselves for missing the transfer window.

The reduction to 90 was only temporary, something you guys left on for months. Going to 1000cc is still cheaper then the original price of 1800. You gave us months of 90cc and two weeks notice before raising it to 1000cc. By my estimate, people chose not to transfer and now they're crying about it.

I wish there was a way for you to just permanently enable free/90cc transfers off low population servers but BLOCK transfers to low population servers.

i know SWG locked certain servers when this was happening to SWG. They only allowed them to tansfer off a low population but not to one. Not sure if they have that but if SWG did....

Edited by casirabit

Having the prices reduced ... BEST IDEA EVER SINCE SPEWIE!

Now how about increasing character slots ... got quite a few toons on a dead server I want transferred to an active server.

Yes ... I am one of those people that have 40 toons on one server (Red Eclipse in this case) :D

It was one week notice, for the record. As GM of a large guild on a dead server that just happened to be away for this week you can imagine the problems it lead to I'm sure... Sure I'm a fringe case maybe but it doesn't just affect me, it's my whole guild. A large and active one at that.

It would be nice if your going to do it for a week or 2 that you could send out an email to all players. There are a lot of players who had no idea that transfers were going up to 1000CC and I am sure there are still a lot of people who would not know they were going to be reduced for a week or 2. I think the mass email is just as important as the week or weeks od the discount. I would love to see you guys do a week or 2 of free transfers for these folks. That would be nice in my opinion.

if you refund those who had to pay 1k CC for it i would agree with doing this. But unless that happens they should pay the price all the 1k people did.

I expect that would help many. Being able ot transfer guild assets (ships, guild banks, etc.) would probably help as well. Maybe a token good for a week after the transfer that would enable unlocking whatever the token was for? (So a token for the guild ship and each unlock on it, a token for each guild back bay) and something for the guild owned decorations (not sure how you'd do that part.) Make the tokens bind to the guild master, only be usable by the guild master and make them bind on pickup.

They can come to the forums and check the server status on the forum front page. Even those F2P and preferred can read the forums, just can't post.

Requiring people to read the forums isn't a good idea, as only a very small population ever visits it, let alone actually uses the forums. Important updates like this should be told in game or on the front page when the game is loading as the forums should be used to discuss the topic rather than to learn about them.

This is great news. What's the next petition, then? Demanding full 224 gear (208 for you PvP'ers) for all your chars cause you can't get a group? All the collections unlocked cause no-one is selling hypercrates on the GTN? Maybe all the achievements done because you can't do conquests without a guild?

Now you're just being a condescending *donkey*. But to be honest, I didn't expect any better from you.

Love that Bio are atleast willing to discuss this as we to have a lot of recently returned players who are having a hard time getting 30+ toons over for 1k a pop.

I will tell you EXACTLY how it will turn out. Even if you offer another week, at the end of it then they will still demand ANOTHER WEEK because you caved the first time. I run a business myself, and I know how customers think. 3veryone had 9 mo ths I think to do this, another week will not really change anything.

It would really help.

Back when the 90 CC sale went on, the website said we'd get "a couple of weeks." Now here in Canada, a couple means two. So we got half of the two. A one week sale would give us the second week that was promised.

I will tell you EXACTLY how it will turn out. Even if you offer another week, at the end of it then they will still demand ANOTHER WEEK because you caved the first time. I run a business myself, and I know how customers think. 3veryone had 9 mo ths I think to do this, another week will not really change anything.

Come on Light Saber Addict... or LAS... or ... l... las? Have some caring and compassion for others. People thought that their server community would hold true, and no matter the population, they would stay to protect their server. Well... they were proven wrong, and not to mention they stated they would give multiple weeks notice before moving the price again, which they didn't. Both sides here have messed up, Bioware should of kept their word, and the players should of transferred if they wanted to already.

Heh.. people treating Ben's comments as a commitment already. This place is going to absolutely burn to the ground now if he does not make it happen.

And even if he does make good... then anyone who paid more then 90cc is going to go ballistic over it and demand refunds. So.. best way, IMO, to handle any consideration for players is to limit this to transfers off of dead formerly PvP servers only and not allow wide open free form transfers. Otherwise, players get the notion that if they whine and complain and threaten and make petitions.... they own the studio and can make it do whatever they want.

Edited by Andryah

Heh.. people treating Ben's comments as a commitment already. This place is going to absolutely burn to the ground now if he does not make it happen.

And even if he does make good... then anyone who paid more then 90cc is going to go ballistic over it and demand refunds. So.. best way, IMO, to handle any consideration for players is to limit this to transfers off of dead servers only and not allow wide open free form transfers. Otherwise, players get the notion that if they whine and complain and threaten and make petitions.... they own the studio and can make it do whatever they want.

^^^ Thread hell to follow, yes, if this goes through.

I was going to stay out of that topic to avoid being overly negative but to me it's a money grab ... take the cheap pricing away and watch the demand ramp up but not many willing to pay the price, watch the free word of mouth advertising in "dead servers" etc. ( to be fair some are indeed dead ) and then jump in to "save the day" by selling people reduced transfers again that they STILL have to PAY for.

It's pretty good marketing really and I'm quite impressed and amused with how Bioware is leaching money from people lately with concepts like this and with things like weapon tunings in this first pack offering that has them.

Let's be honest here ... if they REALLY wanted to help they would merge those few dead pvp servers, they serve no purpose and asking for people to pay to be able to play they way they would like to be able to play and used to be able to play ( on non dead servers ) is rather insulting imo.

Transfers aren't going to do any good in the long run as you've pointed out and the issue will just continue happening not to mention the issues with transferring guilds etc.

For these reasons I just don't see this attempt "to help" as any help at all, just a smart ploy to make some fast money as everyone rushes to spend up big on cheapened transfers ( including speculators server hoping to pick up tons of GTN items cheaply ).

they made it 1k a pop is because theyre trying to repopulate the servers u already can no longer unless they changed it again see if a server is populated or not. from the server screen they did this probably so new players join a server blindly in an attempt to repopulate servers and i think its working a little

I was going to stay out of that topic to avoid being overly negative but to me it's a money grab ... .

Are you serious? This is the same marketing team which came up with HK-55 gear as the sub perk. Do you really think the same guys came up with this idea now? :D