Petition: Server Transfers

UlaVii

they made it 1k a pop is because theyre trying to repopulate the servers u already can no longer unless they changed it again see if a server is populated or not. from the server screen they did this probably so new players join a server blindly in an attempt to repopulate servers and i think its working a little

I thought this might be the case -- remove the indicators to sucker new players onto low-pop servers, but there's not the critical mass necessary to get those new players to stay if they're dead, unless they like just playing completely solo... out there in the great swaths of nothingness on Hoth... all cold and alone....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this might be the case -- remove the indicators to sucker new players onto low-pop servers, but there's not the critical mass necessary to get those new players to stay if they're dead, unless they like just playing completely solo... out there in the great swaths of nothingness on Hoth... all cold and alone....

Personally, I give new players more credit then this.

Any player that cares, can easily check server status as well as running history of server status. Google is a way better (and more efficient) source of information then the dramafesting that takes place in the forum here.

Come on Light Saber Addict... or LAS... or ... l... las? Have some caring and compassion for others. People thought that their server community would hold true, and no matter the population, they would stay to protect their server. Well... they were proven wrong, and not to mention they stated they would give multiple weeks notice before moving the price again, which they didn't. Both sides here have messed up, Bioware should of kept their word, and the players should of transferred if they wanted to already.

I have plenty of compassion, but I also believe in personal responsibility. Everyone was notified a week in advance, andhad 9 months. I dont buy the whole they wanted to see if they could revive their server....I mean really....it has been dead forever, but what, they thought that it would magically change?

I am just saying, I know customer service, and dealing with the public. Even if BW gave another week, it would achieve nothing. Because at the end, we would be at square one because yet another group of posters will be spamming the forums saying they missed that one. And like andryah said, what about the people that paid the 1000cc? Basically BW is saying screw you to them.

Now for those of you complaining I think if they do this a big thank you is in order. (though I imagine some will come in and say bw owed this to us anyways.)

Read the original blog where prices were dropped and they said you would get at least a few weeks notice and they literally do owe this at least.

To be honest, I haven't read all 34 pages of this thread, but if we reduced transfer prices for a week, would that allow you all enough time to organize your guilds to transfer to the place that makes the most sense for your guild?

I always said that Ben was a stand-up dude.

This doesn't affect me in the slightest, as I'm not affected by a dead server, but this post is awesome.

Thanks bud.

GL all you guys finding a new home.

Everyone knows if you write something in a blog it's concrete and not allowed to be changed. Just like all those times I wrote I was starting to get fit for bikini season.

Yes, when companies tell you that you will get a few weeks notice, they should give you a few weeks notice. Otherwise why should I believe anything they tell me? This wasn't some offhanded comment at a cantina event or something.

Thankfully I moved mine before you increased the prices, but would you consider refunding for players who payed 1000 CC for each transfer if you reduce the price? I know a few who payed that.

I paid that, transferred about 15 characters from memory, don't remember fully but it cost me hundreds of dollars.

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

Bioware if you lower the price I want my 40 dollars refunded for buying 5500 ccs to transfer 5 characters for 1000 cartel coins each.

Get over it my friend, you made your choice, and life has consequences.

Doesn't seem so fun being on the other side of the foot now doesn't it? :rak_03:

Caring and compassion go a long way as you can see, and while you may not of been supportive of people transferring servers because they made a mistake, I will be supportive in refunding those players who spent cash on the server transfers.

Doesn't seem so fun being on the other side of the foot now doesn't it? :rak_03:

Caring and compassion go a long way as you can see, and while you may not of been supportive of people transferring servers because they made a mistake, I will be supportive in refunding those players who spent cash on the server transfers.

And the numbnuts who stayed on the server made their choice, they should deal with the consequences.

Ben, I believe you guys are being fair. Especially since you guys had the 90cc transfers for at the very least almost an entire year and it's NOT your fault that they thought you'd merge the servers. That's on them. And it's on those who were playing bouncy bounce between servers for whatever reason they had.

I would think one or two weeks should be enough. I WOULD suggest you put a little artwork advertizement on the launcher since that's the main thing most people see. Sure, you email the stuff (not everyone has you guys on send), you post to twitter, facebook and here on the forums. But I think putting a little launcher advert would let them know 'you have ONE (or two) WEEKS to move your characters/guild wherever you want to go, get moving, people!'

IF they still complain, that is on THEM and not you guys.

Spoiler tags are always meant to be open, under section 1, sub subjection 337, even if you haven't progressed that far in the story.

I am joking, I never spend more than my subscription fee. I may spend 10 dollars for 1000 ccs here or there.

Edited by ThomasStarWars

Everyone was notified a week in advance

I stopped right there as anything else you say is weighted with this wrong assumption.

Bioware themselves, using their metrics have stated that only a very small percentage of the player base uses or reads the forums.

Choices really matters in this game :eek:

Observation: Damn, these weapon tunings are pricey.

IF BIOWARE makes TRANSFERS cheaper, I hope they include cross-EU/NA cause i need my legacy on TRE.

Won't help you with weapon tunings, they aren't available in collections.

To be honest, I haven't read all 34 pages of this thread, but if we reduced transfer prices for a week, would that allow you all enough time to organize your guilds to transfer to the place that makes the most sense for your guild?

Ben that's an great offer, but one problem would Persist, the Transfer of Guilds (Strongholds, Flagships, Guildbanks)

Some have stated before if you do please get an email to all players out.

If you're considering a price drop for a server transfer, how hard is it to do a server merge instead ...

With the server transfer, we would lose a lot of guild related stuff, like the fully unlocked guildship, guild stronghold to name just a few.

I know several people who would return to the game if they got merged into a more populous server. And ultimately, isn't that more beneficial for you (or your publisher)? more players = more subscription incomes.

How about just merging the almost empty servers already and then opening up transfers for those who want to be somewhere else? All the character transfers in the world won't ease the pain for the guilds that are now left with only a handful of players and would have to rebuy assets that took tens or hundreds of millions of credits and years of playing to unlock.

My experience: we transfered, now the guild is stripped bare, all my strongholds would need hours of redecoration and I pretty much just stopped playing. Here's a bottom line for you.

Edited by Laurreth