Buff SM operations

benmas

They are too easy

They should have never been nerfed in the first place as they were already easy but nerfing them MORE is just stupid, removal of tank swaps interrupts and DPS checks means the average skill of the player is lower than at 3.0.

With the priority HM more people are wanting to do HM ops but with mechanics removed from SM that are also in HM means some people have never seen them before meaning the raid takes longer as more explaining needs to take place and possibly more wipes.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree SM is fine I can finally pug SM OPS without worrying of wiping due to newbies. People shouldn't queue for HM until they've done every SM OPS and until they've done the HM OPS with their guild at least twice.

Who knew squirrel was such a elitist.... not willing to teach newbies in HM I see... shame.... my friend... shame.... As long as they are properly geared and done previous SM ops I think they deserve a shot at of being trained by the best of the mighty squirrel.

Who knew squirrel was such a elitist.... not willing to teach newbies in HM I see... shame.... my friend... shame.... As long as they are properly geared and done previous SM ops I think they deserve a shot at of being trained by the best of the mighty squirrel.

I'm always willing to help in SM and as for HM I don't want to pug with people who don't take the time to at least watch a video or join a guild. I always help newbies in my guild and we run them through each op before getting them jump started on HM. All I'm saying is there is a proper sequence one should go through before pugging a HM OPS.

EDIT: I realize my post comes off as antagonistic and I apologize for that because that isn't my intention. I always help out in SM no matter what and Even in HM I don't mind giving a few tips here and there. But I don't have that much time to dedicate taking people through HM, I make the exception for people in my guild and always go out of my way to help them if I can. If anyone sincerely ever wants to learn I invite them to our guild and set a time where we can run through at least 2-3 HM OPS to get them started.

Edited by squirrelballz

Kinda agree with Squirel in that regard HM is not a place to teach PUGs. However I think SM could benefit form some buff. Weather it be re-add the taken out mechanics(looking at you Kephass) and tune the damage to a level where people can feel, that 'OK something hit me hard, better pay attention next time' but still not deadly. So buff and fine tune SM OPs.

Kinda agree with Squirel in that regard HM is not a place to teach PUGs. However I think SM could benefit form some buff. Weather it be re-add the taken out mechanics(looking at you Kephass) and tune the damage to a level where people can feel, that 'OK something hit me hard, better pay attention next time' but still not deadly. So buff and fine tune SM OPs.

It was more to take a slight stab at squirrel since he is normally a angel on these forums besides when he sees a few other posters.

Pretty much agree with you however, kephass, our lord and savior, is now the easiest boss fight in TFB now, and for the most part, you can mess up a plethora of mechanics and still pass the boss in most other operations. I'm not saying it should be insta kill death if you fail the mechanics, but the amount of stupid you can take now a days is a bit high.

I'm not saying it should be insta kill death if you fail the mechanics, but the amount of stupid you can take now a days is a bit high.

Exactly what I meant. I mean it would ease the transition to HM because at least you know what to expect from where. Taking out mechanics was a really dumb move.

Pretty much agree with you however, kephass, our lord and savior, is now the easiest boss fight in TFB now, and for the most part, you can mess up a plethora of mechanics and still pass the boss in most other operations. I'm not saying it should be insta kill death if you fail the mechanics, but the amount of stupid you can take now a days is a bit high.

Kephiss is stupidly easy in HM too.

Story mode is over-nerfed. The Underlurker is basically a DPS check, number one cause of death is getting crushed by the falling rocks now. Now we usually wipe on commanders because the healers never know to cleanse the debuff given by Deron.

Dread Palace has a lot of stuff removed too. SnV's colors thing is gone, now you just bum-rush it as a group. So many other ops have had mechanics removed too.

Problem isn't teaching pugs, problem is that pugs don't listen. On Jedi Cov I tolerate a lot to try and teach people the ops, but with HM I actually want to clear **** so I don't just simply let any "SM hero" in. Alas, I wish I had a prog team.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

They are too easy

They should have never been nerfed in the first place as they were already easy but nerfing them MORE is just stupid, removal of tank swaps interrupts and DPS checks means the average skill of the player is lower than at 3.0.

With the priority HM more people are wanting to do HM ops but with mechanics removed from SM that are also in HM means some people have never seen them before meaning the raid takes longer as more explaining needs to take place and possibly more wipes.

You failed to understand Bioware intention with Story mods ops. It is easy mode because they want ALL players even casuals to see the story and not worry about fight mechanics too much. That means it will be easy for all to complete. Hard mode and some ops Nightmare mode is where you meet the DPS checks and tanks swaps ect depending your group gear and skills.

Edited by Divona

Story mode is easy cause there are many many new players in the game and you dont want to scare them away right with the first operation they do! They are following a trend with making it all easier for a specific reason. You have easier crafting, only Mastery, nerfed operations etc.

All this is here to make the NEW people stay. You also gave now guaranteed drops for specific players in the operation to make sure they get "something" if not token. This is all part of a simple plan to keep the game running. So they cannot change it.

Overall it is too easy i agree with Curt, you can simply do SM operaitons with 4 ppl like a flashpoint.

Edited by merovejec

You failed to understand Bioware intention with Story mods ops. It is easy mode because they want ALL players even casuals to see the story and not worry about fight mechanics too much. That means it will be easy for all to complete. Hard mode and some ops Nightmare mode is where you meet the DPS checks and tanks swaps ect depending your group gear and skills.

OK, so taking out ALL of the mechanics from a boss' 100-50% phase is the way to go? Not sure but if I recall correctly Kephiss doesn't even use a basic attack in that phase. Just standing there like a **** in a wedding...

Which is joke btw.... And I really don't know how can any group fail that DPS check.

And yet it still happens.

It's something called rotations. Let's say you have an arsenal merc and your rotation is 1,2,3,4. You'll find that there are a bunch of people out there that just press 1 pretty much the whole fight. The lack of knowing rotations cause people to have DPS rates that are lower than tanks.

Scary...but it's out there.

Edited by Tsillah

And yet it still happens.

It's something called rotations. Let's say you have an arsenal merc and your rotation is 1,2,3,4. You'll find that there are a bunch of people out there that just press 1 pretty much the whole fight. The lack of knowing rotations cause people to have DPS rates that are lower than tanks.

Scary...but it's out there.

Yeah OK I know that, so it was kinda a rhetorical question. :D Anyway if we go with 4 DPS and 2 of them are doing a proper rotation and the other 2 are just spamming basic attacks, then there is no way to fail the dps check. If the 4 going with strictly basic attack, then yes you'll see enrage. It's just unreal for me that's all.

I recently returned from a 2 year break. I never raided much before, due to lack of guild.

SM Ops are the only Ops I can do because everything else requires E&E.

People check the achievements.

While I would be for a harder game overall, it would also mean the end of running Operations for me, because guilds don't accept you with 208/216 gear.

So, I am torn.

Yeah OK I know that, so it was kinda a rhetorical question. :D Anyway if we go with 4 DPS and 2 of them are doing a proper rotation and the other 2 are just spamming basic attacks, then there is no way to fail the dps check. If the 4 going with strictly basic attack, then yes you'll see enrage. It's just unreal for me that's all.

I'm a Shadow DPS and I have had to carry a whole group through SM Cartel Commanders/Styrak before. And Shadow DPS can barely even carry itself, lol.

~ Eudoxia

I recently returned from a 2 year break. I never raided much before, due to lack of guild.

SM Ops are the only Ops I can do because everything else requires E&E.

People check the achievements.

While I would be for a harder game overall, it would also mean the end of running Operations for me, because guilds don't accept you with 208/216 gear.

So, I am torn.

You better off without those guilds with their requirement anyway. If you're on ToFN, we're constantly looking for new additions to our guild. No requirements, casual crew, RL comes first mentality. If you interested, PM me for more info.

You better off without those guilds with their requirement anyway. If you're on ToFN, we're constantly looking for new additions to our guild. No requirements, casual crew, RL comes first mentality. If you interested, PM me for more info.

Thanks, but I am on T3-M4. Before I was on "The Progenitor" which was an even worse community at a whole.

Edited by Kortio

SM is fine as it is.

Story mode Ops are where players are supposed to get their feet wet in Operations. It's the introduction to Ops, and should be somewhat forgiving because it is the starting point for that element of the game. If SM Ops have become too easy for you, maybe it's time to move on to Hard Mode. SM shouldn't be structured around veteran raiders and guilds using voice software, it is should be designed with newbies and PUGs in mind.

Hard Mode and NiM is for veterans.

Want to completely murder the raiding community? Tune SM so that the difficulty curve is unforgiving for newer players, leaving the raiding community as a founder clique that gradually dwindles to nothing because departing veterans (there is always attrition) aren't being replaced with enough new players.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

They are too easy

You make that difficulty curve to vertical and it becomes impossible to give new players the chance to join operations because they have to act as if they are professional at it which isnt fair on them to expect such a thing without knowing what to do. the whole point in SM operations are to introduce new players to the whole thing so they can prepare themselves for HM operations and later NiM.

if you dont like SM then don't play it.

Edited by Celise

if you dont like SM then don't play it.

I always find that somewhat amusing. It might not necessarily be the case with the OP, but there are some people who've been running SM Ops for three or four years and complain that they're too easy. How many times have they run them? Of course they're easy! There's no teacher quite like experience, and they've run them all a gazillion times. If they've been running SM that long and now find it too easy, why haven't they moved on to a harder difficulty mode?

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Want to completely murder the raiding community? Tune SM so that the difficulty curve is unforgiving for newer players, leaving the raiding community as a founder clique that gradually dwindles to nothing because departing veterans (there is always attrition) aren't being replaced with enough new players.

How about "Want to murder the game? Tune the entry level/basic content to challenge veterans, leaving the game as to the veteran community that dwindles to nothing because of attrition." This goes for the storyline, for PvP*, for Ops, and for flashpoint.

(* - PvP is a special case because the difficulty is in large part provided by other players. In PvP's case it's the effects of Expertise vs bolster).