Purple Color Crystals!

Merciin

Let me tell you what that doesn't matter:

Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ruusan_campaign

Ruusan doesn't happen for another two thousand years at the time this game is set.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SIGHHHHH*

Let me tell you WHY you saw ONE jedi MASTER with a PURPLE lightsaber.

-Mace windu, during his trials TO CRAFT his saber, he was sent to a distant world, uncharted by the republic. He stumbled upon a tribe of aliens that were under great stress because of neighboring enemies. Windu demonstrated his powers, adied them, saved them, and repelled the enemies.

*********************THE TRIBE GAVE MACE WINDU THEIR SACRED ARTIFACT THAT WAS PASSED DOWN THROUGH EACH GENERATION OF LEADERS. A purple STONE, THAT WINDU CRAFTED HIS SABER WITH.

Source - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mace_Windu

Cntrl + F = Crystl

/thread

Purple lightsabers were common in both KotOR I and II, which is greater in this case than whatever lore exists around Mace Windu.

Purple lightsabers were common in both KotOR I and II, which is greater in this case than whatever lore exists around Mace Windu.

Not to mention all the imps that have it completely toss that lore garbage out the window.

There is NO EXCUSE for the lack of purple on republic

FIX IT.

One of the mods posted a hint of "273.15" iirc

Which is 0 degree Celsius so people figure its on hoth or ilum.

The mod said it was rare because people dont know where its at yet not that its difficult to get.

Ugh i hope that's true, BUT even still... knowing the planet they can be found on still doesn't limit down which enemy or enemies are most likely to drop it, and i highly doubt that if it is a drop that the enemy has not yet been killed before... so why hasn't anybody gotten one yet if its "not hard to get"

Edited by Arvalo

Not to mention all the imps that have it completely toss that lore garbage out the window.

FIX IT.

Ugh i hope that's true, BUT even still... knowing the planet they can be found on still doesn't limit down which enemy or enemies are most likely to drop it, and i highly doubt that if it is a drop that the enemy has not yet been killed before... so why hasn't anybody gotten one yet if its "not hard to get"

That clue was about how to get the Magenta Crystal which was figured out today. I and many others throughout the game now have our Magenta Adegan Crystal and have the mats to make them. I am just waiting for an artifice on my server to get the +33 Power Schematic.

edit: The clue had nothing to do with killing anything. You do not have to kill anything to get the item needed to get the crystal. After getting the item however is when you have to fight a mob.

Edited by Vandaman

And is it just me, or does that seem a rather insane amount of work to go through for one component?

Considering the Schematics that use it, not at all. I want purple badly too but I figure once you go through HMs enough and get the gear, it'll slowly convert these efforts to trivial. Which if you PVP you're pretty much set honestly, better geared than someone who spend their days as a 50 farming lore-endgame.

I'd love to have purple available, it'd make Magenta, White, and the rest that much more to strive for.

That clue was about how to get the Magenta Crystal which was figured out today. I and many others throughout the game now have our Magenta Adegan Crystal and have the mats to make them. I am just waiting for an artifice on my server to get the +33 Power Schematic.

edit: The clue had nothing to do with killing anything. You do not have to kill anything to get the item needed to get the crystal. After getting the item however is when you have to fight a mob.

which was figured out today.

So you're just gonna leave the rest of us hanging on what the actual answer to the clue was? :)

FIX IT.

Yeah it's a damned shame we have to go through these hoops just to get a purple blade. This won't really make them RARE. Just make us do this ridiculous un-fun procedure to get to them. Instead, just put the raw harvestable crystals in the wild, want to assign some special gemstone we have to harvest as well, fine-whatever, and then just let us do it. We'll decide how rare they really are based on how many of us decide to make them. In the end that's the only deciding factor that matters.

In the game's defense, Windu had to go through hell and back on Hurikane to get his purple crystal after several failed attempts. I think that is what they were trying to bring into the game. Now everyone else has to do intense searching and feats before they earn their blade.

In the game's defense, Windu had to go through hell and back on Hurikane to get his purple crystal after several failed attempts. I think that is what they were trying to bring into the game. Now everyone else has to do intense searching and feats before they earn their blade.

Windu had a starting point. If they are all like the magenta. It could be months or never before someone who is smart enough stumbles across it.

I agree with what someone else said, they need to make the Jedi Archives actually usable for some of this stuff.

And I still think most of the colors should be craftable, just make different shades quest related. This is kind of ridiculous. Nobody wanted the stats in the crystals to begin with, but Bioware did it anyway. Even after taking the stats out in beta, they put them back in for launch.

For that matter, Make the Jedi archives like a Wiki. let players create articles that are then "approved" by Bioware before being put out there. heh.

Also, the quest for Magenta really should have been for white or silver. It makes no sense.

And that doesn't matter at all, because at this point in time, serviceable purple lightsaber crystals are commonly available, along with a bunch of other colors. This is according to lore.

My .02, BioWare:

Now, and for the first time, the color-changing aspect of the lightsaber is no longer completely arbitrary. Different colors have different stats (ie. orange and yellow colored crystals with stats better than their blue/green/red counterparts). While I don't necessarily mind the color crystals being stat items, it is unfathomable to me that the stats aren't equal. In effect you're taking away the one basic aspect of customization that we've expected from our games as Star Wars fans.

I think not being able to pick the color of your crystal more or less arbitrarily is a major detraction from the role-playing element of this game--something you've excelled at in so many other categories that this particular drawback is mind-boggling.

BlackJaxy,

I completely agree with you. I was talking this over with a friend the other day and we thought that all colors should be available to all factions at some point. We thought about either making a separate mod slot for color crystals (no stat bump) and adding a new type of weapon mod to add stats (a focusing lens - I might have read this somewhere, so if I'm stealing someone else's idea, I apologize - or other items). Another idea we had was keeping the stats as part of the crystal, but the recipe calls for a certain number of a type of power crystal to create the stats you want and then you have to have a certain number of a specific color crystal you want in order to turn the crystal to the color that you want.

I am in the same boat as many people here. I think it would be awesome to have color choices sooner, and I know I want a purple saber on at least one of my characters. I'm now getting tired of using the pre-order black-yellow crystal, but the stats are better than anything I can use at my current level, so I stick with it.

To recap - colors and stats should be separated and usable by anyone, regardless of faction (I'm on the fence about dark/light alignment restrictions.)