Purple Color Crystals!

Merciin

BlackJaxy,

I am in the same boat as many people here. I think it would be awesome to have color choices sooner, and I know I want a purple saber on at least one of my characters. I'm now getting tired of using the pre-order black-yellow crystal, but the stats are better than anything I can use at my current level, so I stick

Emphasis on sooner, by the time I'm eligible for a purple crystal it'll be time for me to move on to another character. Unless SWTOR has one HELL of an endgame.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People pls stop whining about everything not being served on silver plate -.-

I'm glad they made it as complex and mysterious as they did.

And stop spouting lore,I'm a huge SW lore fan,but i realise that game cannot be 100% lore accurate or "realistic".

You guys think that lorewise a Sith or a Jedi would have to hit some random droid 30 times with a lightsaber for it to die?

Hell no,but it had to be made so for the purpose of the game.

Same way they had to put in some unique things in game and made em rare.They saw ppl had a thing on purple sabers so they made em rare,deal with it.

It's sad how spoiled ppl have become as of late(post WotLK WoW)

"GIEF ME EVERYTHING NAU AND I DON'T WANT TU PUT ANY EFFORT IN IT!!11!!1 HERP !!1! DERP!!!1!"

Tbh it's not even that hard to get when you know how,you just need a good grp for the last part,it's a cool and fun social experience,something interesting to do with friends and guildies.

It's reminiscent of old single player RPG-s where you had to do some silly stuff that you would hardly ever think of doing,but once you discovered it and did it, you felt some joy and took pride in it.

So message is....Stop acting like spoiled brats simply cause you have to put some work into obtaining something cool. Thank you

Edited by Djehuty

I don't care if it's hard to obtain (because I will do what I need to do to obtain it) but I don't really understand why we do not have informations about the restriction.

For the other crystal we do have this information !

So if somebody knows something about this and wants to share it, welcome:)

Please, does someboby know if there is a restriction DS/LS to use the purple crystal ?

I really need to know that so PLEASE HELP....:(

Thanks a lot in advance

It doesn't has any restrictions, and also it can be dropped from heroic world bosses and hard mode flashpoint/operations bosses. So yes, republican players are able to get this color

It doesn't has any restrictions, and also it can be dropped from heroic world bosses and hard mode flashpoint/operations bosses. So yes, republican players are able to get this color

totally wrong.

Purple is only for empire players.

Empire can get it from the Tier2 pvp and pve weapons, no other way right now.

Republic gets Cyan instead.

Google. It's your friend.

You know, I'd ask you to be more helpful, but, I'm afraid you may melt.

I like swtor, but this color crystal/aligment restriction is ridiculous.

Now remember kids, if it has a red lightsaber, it's bad, if it's blue, it's good. That's how you can tell.

/sigh

Edited by RevansSoul

You know, I'd ask you to be more helpful, but, I'm afraid you may melt.

Now remember kids, if it has a red lightsaber, it's bad, if it's blue, it's good. That's how you can tell.

/sigh

What about my Knight who uses one of each simultaneously?

I'm all for more variety with color crystals, diverging stats from them, etc.

There just seems to be too few colors available... :/

I can recall someone saying 'dozens of colors' ... Yeah, how many are we up to now?

You'll never amount to anything with that kind of attitude. It's not whining, it's customer feedback. The successful company pays attention to its customers or it doesn't have any. That's what separates the big boys from the Derek Smarts of the industry.

And stop spouting lore,I'm a huge SW lore fan,but i realise that game cannot be 100% lore accurate or "realistic".

You guys think that lorewise a Sith or a Jedi would have to hit some random droid 30 times with a lightsaber for it to die?

Same way they had to put in some unique things in game and made em rare.They saw ppl had a thing on purple sabers so they made em rare,deal with it.

"GIEF ME EVERYTHING NAU AND I DON'T WANT TU PUT ANY EFFORT IN IT!!11!!1 HERP !!1! DERP!!!1!"

Tbh it's not even that hard to get when you know how,you just need a good grp for the last part,it's a cool and fun social experience,something interesting to do with friends and guildies.

It's reminiscent of old single player RPG-s where you had to do some silly stuff that you would hardly ever think of doing,but once you discovered it and did it, you felt some joy and took pride in it.

So message is....Stop acting like spoiled brats simply cause you have to put some work into obtaining something cool. Thank you

I don't know who the hell you expect to convince when you come in with such a blatantly condescending tone. I don't appreciate it, and I think you'll find most others here don't appreciate it either. I have a legitimate argument, and it has nothing to do with lore.

The classic WoW argument of hardcore vs. casual aside, there are plenty of less mainstream colors that BioWare could've used in place of purple in terms of rarity (half the colors from KotOR II come to mind). Purple is a very common color in the KotOR universe (actual video games, not lore) and it's a disappointing disconnect to not have it more easily obtainable, especially depending on faction. All of my friends are quite sick of all the lightsaber colors that they are available to them, and frankly, I would probably be sick of purple by now if I had a purple saber from levels 10-50. In our opinion, it's a stupid mistake that takes a lot more out of the game than you might otherwise imagine.

Also, TOR is allowed to be its own game--so how about building an argument from the ground up rather than referring to WoW about how it should or shouldn't be done? If you don't think TOR is good enough to stand on its own then I'm not sure what you're wasting your time here for.

EDIT: I'd also like to second what he said ^^

I'm not looking to have BioWare stick a purple crystal in the mail to my character with a letter of apology for making my life difficult. I'm giving them what I believe to be very relevant gameplay feedback which has bothered myself and several other paying subscribers in my immediate friend circle.

My character is already level 50 now, and BioWare won't be able to satisfy my need retroactively. I'm simply trying to help them make the experience better for others (and for my future characters, I suppose).

P.S. What's with the hate for people asking questions? Google will only get you so far on a game that is both so new and so extensive (I know from personal experience :( ). If you're wasting your time telling someone to use google rather than actually providing an answer then you're a being a bit hypocritical.

Edited by BlackJaxy

you know, i'd ask you to be more helpful, but, i'm afraid you may melt.

/sigh

i agree!

http://db.darthhater.com/items/829/advanced_purple_critical_crystal/#dropped-by:50-3-7

Here it seems to say that its a 100% drop on some npcs? :S

and again, its not obtainable as a drop, its only from PvE/PvP Tier2 Weapons.

Also, Darth-Hater Database is still using data from the Beta, so stop searching in it for some stuff thats not in the game anymore.

I'm trying to take you seriously but then looking at the amount of response, I'm thinking that you are actually trying to troll us.

http://db.darthhater.com/items/829/advanced_purple_critical_crystal/#dropped-by:50-3-7

Here it seems to say that its a 100% drop on some npcs? :S

Most of those are out of date. Taken from Beta. A LOT has changed and none of it has been updated since before Launch.

Sad to say -1 for SWTOR. Friend of mine unsubbed and one of the reasons was the lack of customization. Eh well, he wasn't on my server anyway.

For the guy that said purple is empire color, you are wrong, Mace Windu, GM of the Jedi Order used a purple crystal

the avaiable colors on the game are:

Blue (Light)

Green (Light)

Red (Dark)

Cyan (Light?)

Yellow (Neutral)

Orange (Neutral/Dark)

White (Neutral)

Purple (Neutral)

Magenta (Neutral?)

Black-Red (Dark)

Black-Blue (Light)

Black-Yellow (Pre-Order)

You got Teal Colored ones though wich empire players can't get

Republic get light blue, Imps should get light red, purple (blue+red) should be neutral!

Instead they made light red neutral and purple empire, go figure.

LRED (Magenta) and LBLUE (Teal) are how the crystals are named when you put them in an item.

Edited by sol_

I haven't looked at the Artifice trainer in awhile, but I don't believe there are low-level versions of the orange crystals. I could be wrong, however.

you can buy weapons on tatooine with orange crystals in them but im not sure about the restriction its possible it might be level 31

For the guy that said purple is empire color, you are wrong, Mace Windu, GM of the Jedi Order used a purple crystal

the avaiable colors on the game are:

Blue (Light)

Green (Light)

Red (Dark)

Cyan (Light?)

Yellow (Neutral)

Orange (Neutral/Dark)

White (Neutral)

Purple (Neutral)

Magenta (Neutral?)

Black-Red (Dark)

Black-Blue (Light)

Black-Yellow (Pre-Order)

i dont care for mace windu, in this game, right here, purple is empire only.

orange is not dark, its neutral,

there is no white crystal in the game right now

purple isnt neutral, its empire only.

and yes, magenta is neutral.

also, you forgot Black-Green, wich you get from razor starwars items.

i dont care for mace windu, in this game, right here, purple is empire only.

orange is not dark, its neutral,

there is no white crystal in the game right now

purple isnt neutral, its empire only.

and yes, magenta is neutral.

also, you forgot Black-Green, wich you get from razor starwars items.

there is at least one orange crystal that is Dark Side, I know that, my trooper is using it, maybe it is a tooltip bug or something

Lemme rewrite this correctly

Blue (Light, Both Sides)

Green (Light, Both Sides)

Red (Dark, Both Sides)

Cyan (Neutral, Republic-Only)

Yellow (Neutral, Both Sides)

Orange (Neutral, Both Sides)

Purple (Neutral, Empire-Only)

Magenta (Neutral, Both Sides)

Black-Red (Neutral, Empire-Only)

Black-Blue (Neutral, Republic-Only)

Black-Yellow (Pre-Order)