Purple Color Crystals!

Merciin

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To resume (if I understand well( I'm not english)) there is only two way known for the moment to obtain a purple crystal.

You obtain it from pvp but it is not removable from the weapon so if you want the purple crystal, you have to take the weapon.

Or you obtain it from a columi vendor in the imperial fleet. You buy a weapon with a purple crystal inside and you can remove the crystal from it.

However, does someone know if there is a restriction DS/LS for the utilisation of this crystal ?

Thanks in advance for your answers, I wish you good game.

Sorry if I've done some mistakes. :)

Last night I ran into a marauder using a purple blade that was NOT the pvp one. I inspected him and it was indeed a deep purple, fully modable item with a +31 Crit, (artifact quality) PURPLE crystal that could have been removed and used elsewhere. He told me the saber dropped from a hardmode flashpoint that is open to both factions. I'm at work and can't post a screenshot, but I'm not one to post false info just to stir up the masses.

I agree, and I definitely agree that color should not be about rarity or stats but rather the personal preference of the user.

Exactly my though :)

Even before I started playing I knew that my saber will be dark purple (my favourite color atm)...and it feels weird that because of its rarity everyone now hunts puple. I will say it again give more colors and let players self decide what they like instead of pumping the "oh this is rare i have to have it" bubble.

Edited by Morvelian

Ok, there is a reason why Bioware made purple light sabers lvl 50 only. According to StarWars lore (you know, the lore the game is about) purple crystals are only given to Jedi and Sith Masters. Which is why the Champion/Rakata gear is the only ones that are known to have Purple crystals. So none of you level 1-49s can run around with purple light sabers.

Ok, there is a reason why Bioware made purple light sabers lvl 50 only. According to StarWars lore (you know, the lore the game is about) purple crystals are only given to Jedi and Sith Masters. Which is why the Champion/Rakata gear is the only ones that are known to have Purple crystals. So none of you level 1-49s can run around with purple light sabers.

Horse hockey.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hurrikaine_crystal

Mace Windu got his crystals as a Padawan.

Last night I ran into a marauder using a purple blade that was NOT the pvp one. I inspected him and it was indeed a deep purple, fully modable item with a +31 Crit, (artifact quality) PURPLE crystal that could have been removed and used elsewhere. He told me the saber dropped from a hardmode flashpoint that is open to both factions. I'm at work and can't post a screenshot, but I'm not one to post false info just to stir up the masses.

Yeah it's the following lightsaber, though he could have stripped the mods out of it and put them into another modifiable lightsaber.

The Fall of Atris

http://www.torhead.com/item/cN4RBAl

Not sure what hardmode flashpoint it drops in. I chatted with someone that had it and he said "the offhand is the columni offhand". Not sure what columni is short for, I'm not max level so I don't know the endgame flashpoints.

Edited by Akilae

Obviously you picked the wrong thing to differentiate characters than.

Color of lightsaber was always a choice of a jedi (unless he was crafting it in some extreme conditions), some representation of his soul and character. It wasn't just a stone that was somewhat less or more difficult to find. In times of the Old Republic jedi had access to huge spectrum of colors without any real limitations, it changed later on when orange, yellow and purple crystals become rare, but still access to colors was quite broad. Now, looking from game perspective: Many Star Wars fans (aside from MMO kiddies being here the largest group) have the characters they play through various games and perhaps even play in some roleplaying from time to time - if the character happens to be a force welder than it has it's own saber color, and most likely it isn't yellow/orange like the most popular+best color crystals are now in TOR. So for the sake of these players: Saber colors should be made more freely available, and certainly not so very much limited to faction (like currently: only Empire can buy purple crystals from PvP Columi gear vendors, no way to get them for Republican players, even despite of so well-known Jedi as Mace Windu). Sure, the best versions of color crystals should be very rare, I have nothing against it, but low-tier color crystals should be available in some reasonable quantity (meaning: drop chance 1/20 from world boss doesn't qualify).

Oh, and if you want to differentiate your character - get some unique armor. There's plenty of them which are hard to get.

IMO: People without knowledge about lore shouldn't post in any discussions on matters like that.

Nice post...until I read your sig.

So it's ALL fine and good for people to pick their own color...unless it's black huh? Heh...

Nice post...until I read your sig.

So it's ALL fine and good for people to pick their own color...unless it's black huh? Heh...

Excellent point. I personally love black lightsabers, and have no problem with those being a rare color.

So if I farm for the orange crystal from Esseles or W/E and I RE it will I get that scheme? (Granted I know I may have to farm it quite a bit until I proc the scheme) But more so I was wondering if that was possible.

Thanks

Orange crystals you can actually learn from the Artifice trainer, though not until around max skill.

Well right, but I'm talking about lower end ones. I am almost to 400 Artifice, but I know I would like to make some for my alts and such.

I haven't looked at the Artifice trainer in awhile, but I don't believe there are low-level versions of the orange crystals. I could be wrong, however.

OK, I will reiterate what I am asking. If I farm the FP that drops the lightsaber with the orange crystal in it, and then take the crystal out and Reverse Engineer it, will I get the schematic?

Not sure what hardmode flashpoint it drops in. I chatted with someone that had it and he said "the offhand is the columni offhand". Not sure what columni is short for, I'm not max level so I don't know the endgame flashpoints.

The final boss of Battle for Ilum hard mode drops columni offhand tokens. Bounty hunter and sith warrior offhands come with removable purple crystals. The republic equivalent may be the same (or potentially cyan, idk, filthy republic.)

Edited by Fillur

Even assuming your premise is correct, my character has held the rank of Jedi Master since level 38 (where I was at the end of Act I).

My character brought peace to multiple worlds, defeated multiple Sith Lords, defeated/saved many Jedi Masters from certain corruption and death, became a Jedi Master herself and the only current Barsen'thor (along with thousands of other players, granted) of the Jedi Order--I'm pretty sure she should be able to have any f***ing color of lightsaber that she wants.

All of that aside, game design is about balancing established lore with your goals for the game. BioWare has proven thoroughly that the role-playing experience must be above and beyond what any MMO has been previously--I merely wish to point out that having more choice over the color of your lightsaber is in full accordance with that goal. You may disagree--they may even disagree--but you are not likely to change my mind on this one. And there is no 'right' or 'wrong' answer here, so please don't be so quick to unleash your powers of condescension on those who think differently.

Edited by BlackJaxy

Then explain why every other Sith NPC in the entire game has a purple lightsaber.

There is nothing anywhere that states you have to be a master to have a purple lightsabre...the closest I could find was that the purple 'Windu's Guile' crystal was given to those players that achieved the rank of General in Star Wars: Galaxies.

The purple lightsabre wa invented for Samual Jackson, because he is good buddies with Mr Lucas and he likes purple!

For myself, I would like a purple blade, but am very happy with my Red blade - I actually find the blade looks keener in red than in the other colors (with mybe blue being about the same). The yellow one looks fat, as does the orange blade.

Does anyone know of a main hand weapon that drops with a purple crystal?

To be fair i'd roll on the offhand for my tank, just to strip the blade down for the color, but you know it would cause a storm for a single blade tank to do that!

SIGHHHHH*

Let me tell you WHY you saw ONE jedi MASTER with a PURPLE lightsaber.

-Mace windu, during his trials TO CRAFT his saber, he was sent to a distant world, uncharted by the republic. He stumbled upon a tribe of aliens that were under great stress because of neighboring enemies. Windu demonstrated his powers, adied them, saved them, and repelled the enemies.

*********************THE TRIBE GAVE MACE WINDU THEIR SACRED ARTIFACT THAT WAS PASSED DOWN THROUGH EACH GENERATION OF LEADERS. A purple STONE, THAT WINDU CRAFTED HIS SABER WITH.

Source - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mace_Windu

Cntrl + F = Crystl

/thread

Edited by Adapterr