How would you grade the new chapter (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Shwarzchild

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I liked:

Length. It felt longer than many other chapters. I honestly don't know if it was actually longer, but it took me a few hours to get through, while the first 9 chapters were all done in about in an hour.

Zakuulan culture. It was interesting to see that some officials within Zakuul had secretly endorsed the "Firebrand" campaign as a way to give their people an outlet for rebellious urges. . .which fell apart when the Outlander started a real rebellion against Zakuul. . .also interesting to see how much the common folk of Zakuul fear the Outlander. Also interesting to see an elaboration on just how carefree and easy the life of the typical Zakuulan is, and how their society works that way.

What I didn't like:

Kailyo. I've never liked her. I always thought it was ridiculous that an elite agent of the Empire be saddled with an psychotic anarchist loose cannon with no loyalty to anyone. . .and while her usefulness to the anti-Zakuul campaign is at least conceivable (I took the option at the end of telling Theron to be careful around her, I did get amusement of him saying that he'd get her a bunk. . .and a spot on some watchlists), I don't expect to ever use her for anything I absolutely don't have to.

Here we have Arcann that send his infinite fleet to wipe out 5 planets. Meanwhile you are spotted all the time on his own homeworld by his droids who assault you on mass. Somehow he doesn't learn this until later? If his capital/spire is so droid centric, how come it isn't immediately swarmed by millions of skytropers thousands of knights AND the eternal fleet the moment 1 skytrooper sees you?

I took that to mean that Arcann's droids were not as efficient as he makes them out to be. You're running around destroying security stations, that could also be degrading their communications (and Hylo could also have slicers interfering with the Skytroopers, like one of the Alliance buffs in the Star Fortresses).

You're also destroying those skytroopers within seconds of their appearance, so depending on how they are sending for reenforcements, you might be destroying many of them before they relay any message to higher.

Look at the movies. In The Phantom Menace, the droid armies are all trying to capture the Queen. . .yet they don't all instantly swarm to her the moment they see her and her entourage. They'll attack, but it's clear that their communications are not very efficient.

The entire time you're on Zakuul, you're being warned by Kailyo to keep moving, before more Skytroopers show up. Yeah, it's for atmosphere in the mission, but it's at least acknowledging that they WILL (at least in theory) be sending massive reinforcements soon.

It's only a hole if you expect their armies to be exceedingly efficient and well coordinated, with nothing you or your allies are doing being able to impair that long enough to conduct your mission.

7/10 would be my vote on chapter 10 , I thought it was a bit short considering how long it took to actualy reach the servers. The story was, as always, great but that has always been Bioware's strongest point. As for Kaliyo I clearly need to take my agent on a trip to Zarkuul but she's never been one of my favourite companions so I'm a bit meh but I am very excited to see Havoc Squad return ( *happy dance* Elara Dorne yay)

5/10

Enjoyed the story, but way too short and didn't enjoy the pointless delaying mechanics to drag it out longer.

+ Story and voice acting was enjoyable.

+ Story had a genuine consequence if certain actions were followed.

+ Kaliyo - she splits opinions but I happen to find her entertaining.

+ Boss fights were reasonably engaging, but still a faceroll for a half-decently geared character.

- Far too short.

- Endless combat that poses no challenge and serves just to slow the player down. Might have been less tedious if it wasn't endless Skytroopers.

- Constant attempts to slow player by use of snares and deliberately far spaced objectives.

- Buggy / gltichy mobs spawns and clickables.

- Lag (but this always happens when players honeypot to a new event).

Well, I would have given it 10/10 purely for this;

Just being able to get rid of that annoying little twerp Koth

However it ends up being 3/10 purely for the following;

However there was just so many damn bugs... Enemies attacking me from 80 meters away yet they don't do anything, enemies or even my companion that just stand still until I either attack them or give the order to attack manually on the companion bar. There was loads more little bugs but the combat overall has become very very unenjoyable.

7/10

good for a chapter in the middle.

Cool interactions with Kaliyo, but I missed, that my Jedi-Knight didn't recognized her from one of the Doc companion quests.

30 min of cutcenes of the main story of this chapter are fine, too.

I'm not the biggest fan of Kaliyo, but I enjoyed it anyway and can't wait for chapter 11 with havoc and the arena mode.

Plus: The introduction of HK-55 was awesome and I liked the recruitment of Blizz. Fun and not too long.

Now I wait, that the bugs for Reclaimed Treasure and Shining in the Darkness will be fixed, so that I can enjoy them too.

5/10

Enjoyed the story, but way too short and didn't enjoy the pointless delaying mechanics to drag it out longer.

+ Story and voice acting was enjoyable.

+ Story had a genuine consequence if certain actions were followed.

+ Kaliyo - she splits opinions but I happen to find her entertaining.

+ Boss fights were reasonably engaging, but still a faceroll for a half-decently geared character.

- Far too short.

- Endless combat that poses no challenge and serves just to slow the player down. Might have been less tedious if it wasn't endless Skytroopers.

- Constant attempts to slow player by use of snares and deliberately far spaced objectives.

- Buggy / gltichy mobs spawns and clickables.

- Lag (but this always happens when players honeypot to a new event).

Pretty much how I feel about it, but I would give it a 6.

I facerolled everything in 208 pvp gear, and the unskippable trash mobs got annoying after a while.

It was about as long as I was expecting. I haven't done the alliance quests yet.

Also Koth being butthurt was extremely enjoyable.

Edited by Ruhun

0/10 for lack of QA

0/10 for imagination

0/10 for boring endless trash mobs

0/10 for understanding of what happens in open areas with a mission object on 20s timer spawning mobs

1/10 for knowledge of the game

0/10 for Customer Support

There were also people being flagged for pvp unwillingly.

It was chaos, which I found fun but still a lot were unhappy.

4/10

Nice seeing Kaliyo again and the story was okay though running back and forth to the same terminal twice was odd. It was very immersion breaking to have almost 50 other people doing the same quest as me at the very same time all clicking the same terminals causing massive lag with all that enemy spawn. Should've had more instanced areas to avoid that.

3/10. And I will preface this by stating that time-wise, it was what I expected it to be. But I feel like there was not enough freedom of choice in many of the options. Felt more like I was watching a movie than participating in my own story - as with the previous iteration of FE.

The good:

Decisions finally starting to matter with the departure of Koth. Although I suspect before too long we'll be forced to chase him down and bring him back into the fold. I mean HK-55 was dead dead dead. Too many people invested credits, comms, time, etc getting Koth to In50.

Kaylio's story is what you would expect from Kaylio.

Finally previous companions begin to interact (Kaylio/Scorpio).

The Bad:

Forced combat every 10 seconds.

Painfully long corridors.

Aggro Range/Mob attack range

Once you hit the first objective you have basically done every objective.

I though one of the point of having no defined role for companion was to have more freedom with how we manage them. So we don't get the ol' "hey, I really want to strangle Quinn to death but no, we can't because it's the only healer in the crew".

So we can kill/ditch Xalek, but we aren't able to get rid of Kalyio and we are forced to get her in the Alliance? So lame.

I liked the story content of it.

The combat content was inane.

Do the DEVs still think that having an NPC that can spam knockbacks but can't actually hurt you even if you only have 1 Influence with your healer companion is "challenging content" in any way.

It's boring content.

It's lazily designed content.

It's unimaginative content.

It's the same content we've had all through KOTFE.

If after working on an AAA title I couldn't design better combat dynamics that this I would quit my job and go be a shelf stacker, because I guarantee that after stacking shelves for 6 months you'd have more imagination than this.

All The Best

I'd rate the story at about a 7/10. Not the best, not the worst, it was an enjoyable mini-story. If you ignore the wait time between chapters I think chapter 10 fits in well overall, and gives a good opportunity to hit Zakuul. Felt too much like ME though and not enough like a Star Wars story. For that it might be closer to a 6.

I'd rate the gameplay at a 2/10. Boring uninteresting fights. Mobs attacking you from 80 meters away and never coming to you. I spent 90% of the time in combat but much of that I wasn't actively fighting, because I was just trying to walk to wherever the hell the enemy actually was. The same objective over and over. Stuns and slows aplenty.

In the context of how long we had to wait and how long we're going to have to wait, it was way too short. Four months for a quest that's effectively only about 15 minutes long, if you remove all of the useless fighting and objective running around. That and so many bugs.

7.5/10

I enjoyed the story and the way they introduced Kailio. She's doing about what I expected her to be doing at this point in the story. My LS Jedi knight doesn't trust her, & I'm looking forward to going through it again with my DS Sith Warrior and my neutral Agent.

I guess I have to gone finish the trooper story I've been putting off for over a year.... Since Havoc Squad is up next. :D

I liked the story content of it.

The combat content was inane.

Do the DEVs still think that having an NPC that can spam knockbacks but can't actually hurt you even if you only have 1 Influence with your healer companion is "challenging content" in any way.

It's boring content.

It's lazily designed content.

It's unimaginative content.

It's the same content we've had all through KOTFE.

If after working on an AAA title I couldn't design better combat dynamics that this I would quit my job and go be a shelf stacker, because I guarantee that after stacking shelves for 6 months you'd have more imagination than this.

All The Best

Agree 100% with regards to the combat.

My only disagreement is I didn't like the story content but that is because I simply don't like Kaliyo as a character and still don't after this Chapter.

For me it's not worth a sub and the best idea I've seen is to unsub and wait till all the chapters are done and come back for a month to play all of them.

4/10

It would've been a 5/10 if the character we were recruiting had been someone else.

I don't hate Kaliyo, but I'm no fan either. She's in my 'she's part of the crew but I'll never use her, I couldn't care less' group.

The mechanics and combat were annoying. Repeating the exact same thing like 8 times is NOT fun. Please take note.

The story and cutscenes were okay, but compared to the previous chapters it felt less like I was in control of what was happening. Basically I was just following an npc and commenting on her actions. No say in the matter until the very end.

I hope future chapters will have more diverse mechanics/storylines and such (and the possibility of a future new ship/stronghold combo in the Gravestone). My character is in charge of this alliance and so should be talking to several people like all the time (except if you CHOOSE not to do so, like my Sorcerer did at the end of Chapter X by just walking out of the war/council room).

Can't say I'm psyched for the next chapter since I hate that frickin cat. Not planning to sub atm. If I read you have the option to kill him, THEN I'll resub. Hell, I'd even let my Jedi Sage make her very first dark side choice if that's what it would take. Don't force us to take every frickin' companion into our alliance please. Let us kill or at the very least refuse and run off the ones we don't want.

As to how this chapter came out, I'm thinking I'll be better of just unsubbing for a couple of months and then getting the chapters in 1 go. The other sub rewards are going to have to be mighty good if this is what every chapter is going to amount to every month (and since I don't care at all about HK-55 (I have HK-51, that's plenty of irritating-voice-droid for me, thanks) that's going to be pretty hard to accomplish, in my case).

On another note; What I want to know is; how required is your alliance recruitment and such. I don't care about this facebook-like 'mini game' at all and I will only do it for the few companions I really like, so am I screwed because of this in later chapters?

Edited by Tahra