How would you grade the new chapter (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Shwarzchild

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking forward to this but meh...

2/10 and I unsubbed (still have a few weeks left but don't care)...one decision at the end; the rest was just absolute filler. Now we have to wait almost 2 more months to see what's coming next, a pure pretext to keep ppl subbed. No new op (what has kept me playing), nothing. At $15/month for 90 minutes of new stuff or $15 in August or so for everything, I'll just resub for a month when the whole story is complete.

Edit: got to admit that running several toons through the KOFTE story is also a pain: the story was fun to play with one toon but after that it is purely linear and unless you finish it and do some grinding at the end you lose all your class companions and end up with all the same comps and have to spam them all with infinite gifts. Boring.

Edited by Eriamea

5/10.

What really killed my enjoyment for me was how repetitive the fights got. It was bad enough on the way to the boss fight, but after?! Seriously, THE BOSS IS DEAD!!! Why are you still throwing this trash in my way?!

I like how the choices are really starting to matter now. My inquisitor has had a major change of heart and is trying to make up for the atrocities he's committed, to say nothing of trying to win hearts and minds as simple pragmatism, so he held back Kaliyo. I didn't know at the time there was a good chance Koth would leave if I let her go through with it, so that's something to look forward to when I go through with my far less repentant warrior.

• 2 weeks later...

My review?

I REALLY Hope that BW has some secret miracle plan in the offing.

-It was over in about an hour, if that. WAY to short.

-In heal build, with Kalio in dps mode, and me only casting trauma probe on the last fight, everything dropped when it was breathed upon.

-I was not playing a video game, I was watching a movie and one with a rather canned story. Sociopathic narcissist gets pissy that someone else has stolen their thunder when it comes to being feared by their preferred target group and as such wants to go on a bigger rampage to again be the "scary person". Yeah never seen that before /sarcasm off.

The story is completely repetitive when it comes to the "meat" of it. The dialogue you get when your character first meets an old companion simply doesn't cut it for a unique play through to not have it be painful.

And the fights, which I described above, are not only that but damn monotonous to boot. Have X mobs suddely appear and charge from the most predictable location on the map. You can tell they sent the combat team to ME:A because this is so much copy paste a Votech student could pull it off.

Add to that the fact that again they broke something with a simple patch, in this case basic connectivity, for many players. I mean yeah they apologized but we have seen at least twice a month an "I'm sorry we broke something again" since this expac launch. Eventually apologies are simply not enough. At least irl.

If they expect any decent amount of players to keep their subs active with the breaks in patches, with all of the above... I just don't know what to say.

Edited by Ghisallo