Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

Renifizzle

Welcome to the reality of non-Slicers, per leveling up.

again sum1 who doesnt understand crafting. all the gathering u do, all the crafting u do at low lvls, SHOULD BE an investment for the high end items that you will be able to craft and sell. your not losing money your only investing and should make your money back. the difference is that i cant take the negative return that i got from slicing and go make a weapons or armor out of it. its just a straight loss in income.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More actual results:

Rich level 1

Cost: 295

Returned:142

Abundant level 1

Cost: 120

Returned: 105

Rich level 2

Cost: 535

Returned: 1728

Rich level 2

Cost: 560

Returned: 688

Those level 1 results are disappointing certainly but I can live with the level 2 spread you ended up with. Losing money shouldnt be a common result in any case.

Yeah, people just can't cope with big numbers. They get all panicky.

Maybe BW should have done three tiers of "credits" to keep the numbers manageable.

"Another game" has 1 gold = 100 silver = 100 copper. So 100 gold is 1,000,000 copper.

Would people have been flipping out over that, too?

Same results for me. Negative return on 2 rich yield c5 boxes and 1 abundant yield c6. Also, augments sell on the GTN for less than the mission cost.

I think this nerf just needs to be completely removed. With how much things are going to cost later, I dont think the fixed amount of credits you can make with slicing will matter much in the near future. At that point, the price of augments may break even with mission cost.

Yeah, people just can't cope with big numbers. They get all panicky.

Maybe BW should have done three tiers of "credits" to keep the numbers manageable.

"Another game" has 1 gold = 100 silver = 100 copper. So 100 gold is 1,000,000 copper.

Would people have been flipping out over that, too?

exactly. i personally like the credit system, it totally reflects the star wars universe. ever played star wars monopoly? lol same thing, ppl dont understand that even tho the numbers are larger, the value is still the same.

I did two missions, 1900 and 1050 about and got 1200 and 1300 back.

So, their reasoning was, "Let's make a crappy and pointless crafting system," then a week later, 'Oh, no! One of the crafting systems was actually turning a profit! Kill it!" I don't understand why they don't fix the others instead of maiming slicing to fit in with the rest of the misfits.

Inflation from slicing could have fixed the problems if they allowed for a player-based economy. But you can't have inflation when there's no reason to buy anything that doesn't have a fixed price at a vendor.

I mean you don´t have to destroy slicing accross the board...just give the chance that companions with an affection over 7500 have a great chance to return with a blue box, making at least some money.

But I´m not going to play lottery for the mission schematics that might pop once in a while. No matter how rare and expensive they might sell now.

It sucks that this will lose money know. Yes you could make money with slicing before but you know what you should be making money off the mission. Even if it becomes a set thing like 10% more then you spend you should always make a profite (unless it fails). I orignialy took slicing to help cover the cost of running mission on my other toons as they cost to much and that was the realy issue.

Starting to look like if you focus on bountiful and rich yield missions you'll still make money, just not quite the same margin as before and frankly not enough for me to care about. I'll be dropping my 400 slicing and picking archaeology back up.

As I posted on another thread of this vein:

We all knew it was going to happen. So many people bragging & singing it's praises was like a laser shot straight to the devs to hack it off at it's knees.

Funny how so many players out there learn absolutely nothing from 1 MMO to the next.

If something in game is popular, IT'S GOING TO GET NERFED!

Every day in game, I heard people blabbing on & on about the money there were making off of slicing. Every day in game, I told people to **** & let it go because the Nerf lightsaber was was going to descend if they didnt. Do people listen? of course not. Why should they? They don't give a **** about anyone else. It's all about appeasing their eggshell egos. I made money using this skill. yeah me!

Thanks to all the ********s out there who continually **** it up for the rest of us.

Slicers should stop complaining. I'm surprised no treasure hunters have said anything. Since beta and launch, Treasure Hunting has the same ability to send out for lockboxes (aka not make anything from what is returned similar to slicing)...and whenever they come back with money, it is always less than it costs to send out. The point is to level the skill, and allow you to get back other mats (augments, missions, etc) from the other mission types you can send out on.

The nerf wasnt that bad.

So far out of 18 lockboxed it seems as if they reduced the credits by about 7%..I just wished they had upped the chances of getting an item or schematic a bit to cover the loss of cash.

"seems" is useless.

Slicers should stop complaining. I'm surprised no treasure hunters have said anything. Since beta and launch, Treasure Hunting has the same ability to send out for lockboxes (aka not make anything from what is returned similar to slicing)...and whenever they come back with money, it is always less than it costs to send out. The point is to level the skill, and allow you to get back other mats (augments, missions, etc) from the other mission types you can send out on.

Not true :)

Starting out, my buddy and I have been leveling hand-in-hand. He went TH, I went Slicing.

Slicing indeed does make more 'pure credits' however, as his TH has leveled up, he continues to get items that are vendoring for 3-5k per item / mission, sometimes as well as credits.

My buddy and I compared the two professions quite a bit, and treasure hunting actually makes decent credits, just not in the form of 'pure credits.' I'll be dropping slicing for it today :p

Past Missions since logging back in:

Rich class 3 boxes at 340 skill:

cost: 810/820/820

return: 714/711/706

Sending my ships droid on a longer missions - but with no affection from him he takes AGES.

However, the returns I've had back from him so far, haven't been promising on green boxes.

This nerf, was total.

Will keep updating my losses as I continue to send them out.

Slicers will stop complaining if the augments are worth more or bring better stats... And if the bring in more schematic or mission discoveries... However all we can do now is loose money on an off chance to find a mission/schematic or loose money trying to sell the augment.