Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

Renifizzle

rank 5 rich boxes were giving the most profit for be prior to the patch, all day i have been completing these same missions and i believe its around a 50% cut from what we were getting before.

so now spending 2k and 30min on a craft we get a box that comes back with 1.7k-2.9k.

On average there is still a profit to be made, just figure i would throw out my 2cents

(400 slicing)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware just dont get enough balls to stay with slicing. That was a good idea, but no balls, no creds.

A profession with the sole intention of printing more money was a terrible idea and shouldn't have made it to launch.

It would have destroyed the economy and I am glad to see it nerfed into the ground.

I am getting about the same. It could have used a 50% reduction but 80% is over the top.

80% was probably this emergency halt on slicing's gain to give them time to re-examine it.

How would you feel about an 80% reduction in raw credits, but a 100% increase in mission discoveries, for example? 'cause I'm betting that's how things'll move. Either that or augments will be made more important.

your tarded if thats how u view crafting lol.

1) u can sell mats

2) u can sell crafted items

3) u can make items that are beneficial to u and save urself money

crafting is only a loss if u make it that way.

This would be great if they added a search feature to the AH to make it used more.

I like how hard you guys are whining. Seriously, it's wrong for a profession to return more credits than it costs without having to use the GTN. Slicing should work in a way that you gain credits through sending your companions out on missions, but that profit should come from augments and mission discoveries, not from lockboxes, for the reason I previously specified.

So long as people drop slicing now that it is unprofitable from a lockbox perspective, there will be less of a supply of augments on the GTN and more of a demand with people hitting 50, and augment prices will skyrocket. So you'll still get your profit if you so choose to remain slicing.

Well, all the hardcore players have already got the money needed to max everything and get speeder (if they didnt buy it with real money already) and their ships....so they will never change it back now...hardcore are happy.

I'm still trying to figure out the system...got 4 chars at 10-11 and trying to figure out what crafts to give them so most everything is covered.

I don't think I'm hardcore by any means - but I have 8 characters all with Slicing, and was making bank and swimming in schematics and mission items. When something is overpowered in an MMO, you use the hell out of it until they hit it with the nerfbat, then get back to playing normally.

The only thing I'll miss is swimming in credits. As it stands, I have enough credits to level up my tradeskills, get my trainings, have some decent gear waiting for me, and some frills on the side.

I'm actually glad they nerfed it - jumping from character to character was getting annoying.

I mean come on - when something is SO good that it encourages behavior like mine, it's obviously unbalanced.

Why should I pay 1400 credits on a C6 lockbox search for a box that returns 1000 credits?

Why should I pay 1900 credits for a high reward C5 lockbox that returns 1400 credits?

I'd be seriously bummed by the nerf if it hadn't been credit positive, or at least credit neutral. I'll probably drop it as soon as I log in if its credit negative.

A real shame too, because most crafting skills don't take off until you have a healthy end-game population, including raiders, dedicated PvPers and players rolling low-level alts.

And last night I discovered I don't even need to take Archaeology and Artifice in order to acquire the cross-force-faction color crystals, so that's another two crafting skills I can literally skip.

Might as well switch to biochem now, because it'll be the only worthwhile end-game crafting skill, or just go with multiple gathering/mission skills and sell rare results when there's a healthy end-game population.

Overall, nerfing this just highlights to me how non-exciting the rest of the crafting system is. Slicing, at least by being credit neutral, got me involved in a system I probably won't touch again for weeks or longer.

Seriously, it's wrong for a profession to return more credits than it costs without having to use the GTN.
It's not wrong; that's just some silly notion you're holding onto because you refuse to take slicing yourself, or some equally asinine nonsense. Seriously, WoW catered to this kind of mentality, and it inevitably led to its demise. Edited by Ansultares

80% was probably this emergency halt on slicing's gain to give them time to re-examine it.

How would you feel about an 80% reduction in raw credits, but a 100% increase in mission discoveries, for example? 'cause I'm betting that's how things'll move. Either that or augments will be made more important.

I have been giving away the schematics/missions to guild members and so far see little demand for augments but I am only level 36.

I like how hard you guys are whining. Seriously, it's wrong for a profession to return more credits than it costs without having to use the GTN. Slicing should work in a way that you gain credits through sending your companions out on missions, but that profit should come from augments and mission discoveries, not from lockboxes, for the reason I previously specified.

So long as people drop slicing now that it is unprofitable from a lockbox perspective, there will be less of a supply of augments on the GTN and more of a demand with people hitting 50, and augment prices will skyrocket. So you'll still get your profit if you so choose to remain slicing.

If you ask me, they should take away augments from Slicing and give it to Cybertech.

Augments are very important at max level. Almost every high-quality piece of armor will have an augment slot, and crit crafted gear is guaranteed to have an augment slot. It's like jewelcrafting slots from WoW. And augments provide HUGE benefits. 30 of a primary stat per item is insane.

Just did 3 missions for lockboxes...2 returned lower credit than the cost of the mission.

What on earth is the point of these missions then? This is supposed to be a time grind. You stay online and send your companions to do missions. Because you stay online grinding missions you have to have a subscription.

If missions don t bring more credits than they cost then why even have slicing as a professions to send companions on?

I feel like you ruined the whole profession because a handful of people found a way to use their ipad or iphone to remote control their computer to send their companions do missions 24 hrs a day.

You are managing for the exception which is the clear sign of a downfall

Edited by Amnolith

It's good that slicing doesn't make a credit profit now.

Augments are always needed, and are unobtainable anywhere except Slicing. Now, people will drop slicing, and those who remain slicing will see increased demand for mission discoveries and for augments.

That's where you should earn your credits, not through lockboxes. All lockbox profit does is inflate credits and destroy the economy.

I'll be dropping slicing for diplomacy so I can craft my biochem rares, and to support people who choose to remain slicing.

Problem is getting schematics/mission discoveries is pretty rare.

So far in 22 missions I have had 1 schematics and I am about 8k credit profit. While my other guy who is doing Scavenging/UWT and selling on the AH yielded so far 40k profit.

If the drop rate on schematics etc was higher this nerf wouldn't been too bad. All the 49-50 missions so far have made me lose 231 credit / mission.

And I do think slicing was too good, but just how they launched SWTOR:servers BW proved yet again they know very little about MMO's and planning.

With so many bugs in game since beta this is the most important thing to fix, pure knee-jerk reaction, no planning. Tune it a little at a time.

Laughable.

I have been giving away the schematics/missions to guild members and so far see little demand for augments but I am only level 36.

At the moment not many even know what augments are for. I keep seeing items in the market with a rare crit augment slot in it, being sold for the exact same price of a copy without the augment. Even crafter don't seem to notice.

Give it time though. Later on when end level gear with augment slots is highly prized, the augments you get from slicing will be in high demand as well.

Just did 3 missions for lockboxes...2 returned lower credit than the cost of the mission.

What on earth is the point of these missions then?

Mission discoveries and cybertech schematics.

They sell for nothing now because everyone is still slicing, since it was OP pre-patch due to the 100 credit/min/mission profits from rich and bountiful yield lockbox missions.

Please look at the numbers now Bioware.

I am not jumping up and down saying "PUT IT BACK". I am saying, however, that now it loses money.

Why should I pay 1400 credits on a C6 lockbox search for a box that returns 1000 credits?

Why should I pay 1900 credits for a high reward C5 lockbox that returns 1400 credits?

Remember your design goals BW, slicing is a mission skill for non-crafters. It is a way for them to utilize the crew skills to make money or get gear without entering the crafting world. This skill is no longer profitable as a mission skill.

Please consider adjusting it so the profit margin is smaller, not a complete loss now.

Please give BW some constructive forum posts on this topic, thank you.

So why don't you adventure out into the field and find boxes you can slice yourself instead of sending out your companions? and Yes, they are out there just go look for them. It's the same with any other gathering skill .. it cost more money to send out the companions than it does for you to go get the nodes yourself. Slicing is where it should be now.

Edited by bboudreaux

Cybertech already has too many mods, imo. They basically craft everything for moddable gear short of hilts/barrels and color crystals, from what I understand.

You're right. Give it to Armormech, they need a boost.(Armormech was fairly useless last time I used it, but that was in the beta so that might have changed.)

Some people at here whine from nerf (Slicing), that is wrong set of mind.

If we look this thing in long run, sooner or later we will be in situation where "slicers" have a lot of money, which causes unbalanced game. Some people can buy everything in that situation, in that case most of the players would like to have a lot of money and therefore they don't take/train other Mission skills.

The point is not to make things too easy. If some people want everything now, they are playing wrong game. Maybe they are younger generation of MMORPG players who are whining from everything that is away from them, but not whining if their choice of skill/race/ablity etc. is over powered.

Focus your energy to other things and stop whining like little childs that are in candy store where their parents took lollipop away.

Edited by Zarathan

problem is it took them 3!!!! week to nerf this. now if you was in the beta knew how easy money this was rolled 8 toons all farming sliceing missions makeing ALOT of creds (hell probley knowing a spawn spot for 4-5 boxes to loot while waiting for others to finish the 30min or so slice mission) totaly abuseing the system. its a case of too little to late by this point. all you've done now is hurting the people who made an alt to try fund they're main who went Armormech an makeing next to no money at all (Sythweave applys here too) cos no one buys armor cos its given away for free at every turn same with Mods.

Maybe try fixing proffessions next time rather than just swingin the nerf stick.

ohh an also, yes its a gathering skill, problem will be mats can go up in price, what you get from the box does not. Not like you can put one on the market for high price lol. tho farmers probley made so much money on it by this point they will probley buy them.

There are a LOT of lockboxes on Alderaan and Voss. I must have come across at least 50 of them, and each one gives you a lockbox worth between 500 and 1000 credits.

Well that's good to know. I'm not sure at what level I will get there and start seeing them, but I suppose my slicing basically comes to a standstill until I get there. Do you know what level my slicing has to be in order to slice those boxes? Obviously I'll have to run some missions with my companions to get it to where it needs to be before then (and hopefully not lose too much money in the process trying to get there). :rolleyes:

I swear everyone has forgotten that you can get augments from slicing as well as schematics and missions. That is the product of this mission skill. The lockboxes offset the cost of leveling it, still making it the cheapest gathering skill to level up. All other gathering skills only give you mats that you have to use with a crafting skill, except treasure hunting.

Everyone is upset that their favorite money exploit is now fixed. I hope everyone complaining about the change drops the skill so those of us who see that this is a good fix will have less competition selling our schematics, missions and augments on the GTN. More money for me.