Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

Renifizzle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Profit was a little outrageous seeing as all these losers who sit on their phone and access their computer from it raking in money 17 and 24 hours a day...... But THIS is ridiculous. You wrecked a skill to the max. You might as well make it return nothing at all every time.

Slicers will stop complaining if the augments are worth more or bring better stats... And if the bring in more schematic or mission discoveries... However all we can do now is loose money on an off chance to find a mission/schematic or loose money trying to sell the augment.

I think most slicers would not mind it is more items could use augments to make them worth it. I have crafted quite a few armor parts and have only had about 5 that need them yet (about 200 skill). If more of these where need then people would be wanting slicing more and the other crew skills would not be mad as why would get more + on thier gear.

I can't really comment on the end game prices of stuff because I'm not there yet. Having over 100k at level 15 seems like a lot, which is probably why they nerfed it. That being said, I think they way overdid it. Luckily, I have a stash full of mission discoverys to sell and I cant wait for those to skyrocket in price :)

Slicing isn't "destroyed". I don't think it needed a nerf, but the one it got left it as an "okay" skill instead of a great one. Here's a sample of my post-nerf slicing:

T7 --- BTFL 4 - cost: 1175 - return: 1803 - profit: 628 (53%)

Kira - RICH 5 - cost: 1930 - return: 2633 - profit: 703 (36%)

C2 --- RICH 5 - cost: 2025 - return: 2538 - profit: 513 (25%)

It also seems to yield more mission discoveries than previously. It would be nice if they would buff the slicing discovered missions a bit as a consolation prize after the overall nerf.

I'll probably drop it on my main and retake archaeology, but I'll probably pick slicing up on a gathering-only alt.

next step: removing the credit gain (since there isnt one) and add some random gear crap instead, you just watch & see; is like thy hired guys from blizzard " fix" team

there is hardly much sense running mission that get you broke is it?

Edited by VonGriffin

Some more numbers from my experiences so far, these are profits from rich only missions from different lvls:

+308

+871

+1

As you can see we're losing money while doing only rich yield missions, I can't imagine what the lower level yield missions would be like.

i am wondering, whether bioware is giving way too much attention to the extremely vocal minority blabbering in their forums.

an entire mission skill they designed, has been rendered totally useless - due to what ? some vocal people blabbering about it before even hitting level 20.

thats not good for the future of the game. not good.

I mean you don´t have to destroy slicing accross the board...just give the chance that companions with an affection over 7500 have a great chance to return with a blue box, making at least some money.

But I´m not going to play lottery for the mission schematics that might pop once in a while. No matter how rare and expensive they might sell now.

That hurts players who don't invest in gift giving, which is saying you only turn a profit after you do something outside of the crafting itself.

=/

Slicing is a total joke after the nerf. Lockboxes are yeilding less money then it costs to send companion to a missing. Each mission takes anywhere from 25 to 30+ minutes at highest and pre-highest slicing level. What is the point of this profession now?

Oh, and by the way thanks for telling us in advance, that you going to nerf slicing Bioware, I really enjoyed leveling a profession to 382 that I am about to dump. Good job.

Edited by Mikhail_

One side of me says.. "Ok. they saw something that was immediately skewing the intended economics of the game..."

Yet another side of me is baffled at the intent:

400/400 Slicing

350/400 Cyber

360/400 Scavenging

what exactly would be the purpose.. if ever.. to slice a lvl 50 mission lockbox.... if there is a remote chance of profit loss.. with no experience gain?

I have more than enough data since the servers came up to provide a statistical analysis of credits lost running slice missions...

/ponder

My husband has slicing and so far today he is still making money on the Bountiful and Rich missions but not as much as before. Still possible to make money in slicing, people. Not to mention the slicable lockboxes found laying around in the world.

Slicing isn't "destroyed". I don't think it needed a nerf, but the one it got left it as an "okay" skill instead of a great one. Here's a sample of my post-nerf slicing:

T7 --- BTFL 4 - cost: 1175 - return: 1803 - profit: 628 (53%)

Kira - RICH 5 - cost: 1930 - return: 2633 - profit: 703 (36%)

C2 --- RICH 5 - cost: 2025 - return: 2538 - profit: 513 (25%)

It also seems to yield more mission discoveries than previously. It would be nice if they would buff the slicing discovered missions a bit as a consolation prize after the overall nerf.

I'll probably drop it on my main and retake archaeology, but I'll probably pick slicing up on a gathering-only alt.

I dunno, I find these numbers hard to believe since I've returned a negative investment on all but 1 of the 10 slicing missions I've done post-patch. Maybe I just have bad luck.

Bah!

Once again too slow.

Man at rate of death repairs, buying the cheapest edition, and now no windfalls from slicing to gather money, I'll never get a speeder or a ship....hehe if I ever get that high.

Always pays to "get it quick" cause you know they will nerf anything that makes getting the important stuff relatively easy.

....and I was just bragging to lotro players that swtor had no grind that I had seen

Actually this isnt going to hurt Slicers, alot will just drop the profession and switch to something like underworld trading where profits are hugh. The people this is going to hurt is the non-slicers. I have 400 skill in slicing and have probably made 400k since launch and of that I have spent 300k on the GTN buying resources, gear and other items. I wont drop my slicing, cause that would be really reactionary but i will no longer buy anything off the GTN unless I absolutely have to. I have every crafting profession already, instead of leveling a main and working up all the skills, I will just start leveling all the crafter charactrers in tandem. So in the end the people who are going to hurt the most are the non-slicers because the slicers are the ones paying those high costs of materials so you could afford your speeders.

I thought you needed Slicing to get Cybertech schematics? Also you can still go out and gather/harvest lock boxes and make plenty of money. Pretty much they just made it so you can't get rich while afk. Slicing still has a place, just not for the reason such a vast amount of people picked it up for.

I mean you don´t have to destroy slicing accross the board...just give the chance that companions with an affection over 7500 have a great chance to return with a blue box, making at least some money.

But I´m not going to play lottery for the mission schematics that might pop once in a while. No matter how rare and expensive they might sell now.

I like your idea of the affection, but it should be relative to your level not just some number pulled out of thin air.

A gathering skill that no longer gathers??

Other gathering skills still gather from missions, why should slicing not?

Did you not notice the increase in mission discoveries? Or are you only slicing for the credits.

Slicing is about finding missions and schematics, the credits are just a bonus, the primary focus isnt the credits however.

Here are my results for the past 5 slicing missions:

Mission: Plug the Leak- Cost-1415c

Reward: Ancient small credit box- 1957c Companion-vette Net: +542c

Reward: Ancient small credit box- 1196c Companion-vette Net: -219c

Mission: Data Race- Cost-1485c

Reward: ancient small credit box-1554c- Companion-Quinn Net: +69c

Reward: ancient small credit box-1309c- Companion-Quinn Net: -176c

Mission: The Rly on the Wall- Cost1930c

Reward: Black Market medium credit case (Green)-1880c- Companion-2v-r8 Net: -50c

Total Net: 166c for 5 missions average of 33.2c per mission