Petition for Matchmaking and Cross Server Queues [Comment or Sign Please]

Lhancelot

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how the PTS worked? It seemed to bypass the apparent restrictions on the EU/NAM separation. I also do not know about the players from different regions, but the server performance was fine on it for me when I played the warzones there.

Is it technically too complicated to move the end-game PvP and PvE to PTS, providing that a copied level 65 comes with a starter gear set? I know it is extremely cumbersome to copy characters, it separates the toon from the Legacy support, and everything earned on a server, stays on that server. Are there ways to resolve these or are these game-breaking, just like the x-server queues?

How are x-server queues generated anyway?

Does anyone know how the PTS worked? It seemed to bypass the apparent restrictions on the EU/NAM separation. I also do not know about the players from different regions, but the server performance was fine on it for me when I played the warzones there.

Is it technically too complicated to move the end-game PvP and PvE to PTS, providing that a copied level 65 comes with a starter gear set? I know it is extremely cumbersome to copy characters, it separates the toon from the Legacy support, and everything earned on a server, stays on that server. Are there ways to resolve these or are these game-breaking, just like the x-server queues?

How are x-server queues generated anyway?

I honestly have no idea I am not tech savvy at all.

bumping to keep recent. Please sign and have friends sign just to keep it rolling and to show at the very least we would like PVP to be improved. these are suggestions that would improve it, or can at the very least open up dialogue for similar type changes.

My personal assumption is that the PTS was or is a server on its own. Build because they knew that only a tiny fraction of the combined player base would be there, its performance was so good, I guess, because there were only 100 players on it - maximum ! At least this number is my guess. And even if it was 200, it would have been a meager fraction of the normal amount of data traffic on the normal servers.

Now, that's quite a number compared to the several thousand players which are logged in, logged off on the normal servers ... including all of these animations playing, NPCs moving, Strongholds etc. ... These tiny bits add up to an massive resource-"leech" as well ! Or, as a saying here goes : Small animals do **** , too ! It just adds up.

Sad thing is, this isn't a rare occurrence. Compare my team to theirs. Not only is it 6v8, but they've got 6 sorcs and we've got 1 (4 years in and it's still this unbalanced?) Everyone on my team ended up rage quitting. They knew how it was gonna go. The team with the most sorcs wins.

https://gyazo.com/4dfc85184a18dcce8c63618892e37969.png

Edited by skarvika

I was making a suggestion about cross-server wrz much time ago(http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=862737). It would solve many problems:faction imbalance, low wrz que proc on small servers and other BUT DEVS DON'T care at all. Pvp is dead in this game

Yeah, I figured to put this post in PVP where people who PVP and know we need better match making for PVP post etc. I am curious how many people will comment on this before (if ever) it gets a response from the devs.

/signed

Though i lost all hope regarding this...

On that note, did we ever get a straight answer wth BW meant with their "Something better then cross-server queues" announcment they made 500 years ago?

No, no answer to that, and no answer to the recent supposed question for the players, if we wanted small frequent class balance changes or larger patches of changes less frequently.

Every PVPer or gamer for that matter would say "more frequent, smaller changes". Why does that question have to be posed anyway? :confused:

So, they posed that question in a very vague manner most never even knew they had "asked" the question. I posted that from Dulfy so people could see it, and then, when a (granted small) number of players show interest in answering here on the forums they do not reply back either.

The worst thing is how disconnected BW is from the playerbase here. That's by far the most frustrating thing about this game and the changes or lack of changes that occur. No communication.

They propose stuff, then never respond back. And to even find where it seems they care, you actually have to dig for that dialogue too. But it doesn't matter, we answer or react to their queries and then we are met with silence.

Pure apathy on their part. Sad.

Cross server queues would save this game. I'd even be alright with the teams being unbalanced as far as tank/heal/dps composition, because we'd have instant pops.

Cross server queues was the greatest improvement Blizzard ever made to WoW. That, and the ability to chosse which wz you actually wanted to play.

/signed

Yes please!! If they don't want this game to dye slowly and prematurely, they need to to something about PvP, not just abandone it. I can't believe they think that all the new players coming to play the story content, and who are going to leave the game as soon as there is no new constant-story content, are going to keep this game alive.

For the time being, I am not going to pay anymore since I am not getting anything related to PvP.