Petition for Matchmaking and Cross Server Queues [Comment or Sign Please]

Lhancelot

I never seen an official post from them stating yes or no to cross server queues. Sure, I heard that they said something, but I would like to see an answer to this petition.

Also, that has nothing to do with match making, which is the second request of this petition.

So even if they say they cannot / will not make cross server queues happen, there still lies the question of match making the teams in regs for better balanced fights.

As time goes on and more people sign and show interest, hopefully we will get an official answer to these requests as well as some sort of acknowledgement of the problems that exist in PVP right now.

They promised something better than X-server queues.

The entire thing is hilarious.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets compromise.

I'd suggest we request cross-faction queues- vast benefits for pvpers (especially on faction "biased" servers) with the only downside being from an RP perspective.

I definitely vote YES to matchmaking, but "N/A" to cross server queues because there are zero indicators that it would ever happen.

Yeah, I have this exact sentiment too, but, hey. Times change, sometimes situations change and new opportunities come about.

Even if they said 2 years ago, they couldn't do cross server queues, well, let them tell us again.

They have never addressed cross team queues, or matchmaking though, and as it stands in PVP the matchmaking is woeful.

People constantly complain about nerfing one class or another, and in reality a lot of this type of frustration would be eliminated with proper matchmaking.

Matchmaking could involve matching players up according to rating, some kind of ELO system, as well as class roles in on each team for regs.

It's very frustrating when one team has 3-5 healers, and the other has none. Or, one team has 2 healers a tank and a dps and the other team has all dps. These kinds of poor matchmaking only creates imbalanced fights.

Cross team queuing, cross server queuing could both enable better matchmaking because it would create larger queue pools.

Below is the "No" post, when Bioware told the PvP community to please stop asking for things. The engine just can't handle cross server, or illum style pvp, or chat bubbles.

But what they hell /signed.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=730402

I was just about to post this.

Here is 'no post 2.0' where they basically walked back their comments about "better than cross-server'

http://dulfy.net/2015/10/08/swtor-nycc-cosplay-contest-and-cantina-livestream-coverage/

Group Q&A from ObiWanBaikonur

Q: "Last year at NY ComiCon, you said that there was something ‘better than cross-server’ coming. What is it? Where/when is it?"

Musco- I did say that, and I’m going to give you the Community Manager answer that we see cross-server queuing as really addressing a symptom, rather than the actual problem. The real problem is that Group Finder pops aren’t happening as fast as we or you would like. That’s for Warzones, Flashpoints, Operations, all of it. So, we that is the problem we are trying to resolve.

Backus- I will probably lose my job for this, but I can say that there are two things that we are actively working on to address your concerns here and what you describe as ‘better than cross-server’. I can’t say much more than that, except that you will see an announcement and implementation before next New York ComiCon.

Musco- *with a wink* Subject to change!

So sure /signed, but they aren't going to do either I'll bet. The matchmaking thing won't happen because they are scared to do anything that will increase queue times.

So sure /signed, but they aren't going to do either I'll bet.

Thanks for the links and copied post by Musco there, Master-Nala.

You know what's sad though, is how so many have this self-defeated attitude about it all though, it says a lot when nearly any comment left by someone here mentions something like, "Although they won't do it" or "it's pointless they don't care".

If anything, this post over time will show how many people do care about PVP, and also how they felt about BW and the companies lack of willingness to communicate to their own playerbase.

Let them ignore it for 6 months, 1 year, 2 years. As time goes on, it will only make it obvious that the naysayers were right, afterall.

I hope that all of the negative sentiments are wrong, and that in fact BW will implement some really nice changes, perhaps adding a matchmaking system to PVP if not cross server queing. Maybe add cross team queing...

Maybe they have some plans we are not even aware of, on how to improve PVP and this post can stir them into sharing with us, communicating with us those plans.

Edited by Lhancelot

/sign

/sign

/sign

I'm tired of speculating about class balance, compositions, meta and pvp culture in this game. Something has been happening that is making pvp simply not fun.

If Bioware doesn't do something soon PvP will be a less played mini-game then space missions. Look at all the SWTOR PvP Twitch streamers, most of them have moved to Blade and Soul and only play SWTOR a fraction of the time they used to.

The Eternal Championship seems to be the Next New Thing. You can now fight stuff to your heart's content without queueing, going to planets & dealing with the pesky other people. If it is challenging enough, I can see it drawing people away from the queues.

I have no idea...Blizzard does it, other companies do it. I think it may be an issue of stubbornness.

Yeah, I believe it's stubborness born from the unwillingness of spending money on it. That's my opinion.

I am not a WOW fan, not at all. Tried to play it multiple times, and although I can appreciate the artwork, I never could fully get into that game.

That being said, you can't knock them for their communication with their players, or the fact they are willing to make upgrades to the graphics and other facets of the game to make it better even if it was going to cost them the money to make the improvements.

I respect them for that much. Even if I really dislike WOW the game, lol.

The Eternal Championship seems to be the Next New Thing. You can now fight stuff to your heart's content without queueing, going to planets & dealing with the pesky other people. If it is challenging enough, I can see it drawing people away from the queues.

That is literally the opposite of what people want.

We wanted better queues and more group content, so they give us more single player content that will remove the need for queues.

"Better than cross server queues 2016."

Thanks for the links and copied post by Musco there, Master-Nala.

You know what's sad though, is how so many have this self-defeated attitude about it all though, it says a lot when nearly any comment left by someone here mentions something like, "Although they won't do it" or "it's pointless they don't care".

If anything, this post over time will show how many people do care about PVP, and also how they felt about BW and the companies lack of willingness to communicate to their own playerbase.

Let them ignore it for 6 months, 1 year, 2 years. As time goes on, it will only make it obvious that the naysayers were right, afterall.

I hope that all of the negative sentiments are wrong, and that in fact BW will implement some really nice changes, perhaps adding a matchmaking system to PVP if not cross server queing. Maybe add cross team queing...

Maybe they have some plans we are not even aware of, on how to improve PVP and this post can stir them into sharing with us, communicating with us those plans.

I hate saying this, and I wish there was not a defeatist attitude among the PvP community. but we have been defeated.

The current direction of the game gives them no incentive to do cross server, or overhall the PvP matchmaking system. They are moving the game to a more single player focus. Group content is no longer the major priority. Cross server would only be a focus if group content was the way they were marketing the game. The lack of operations and PvP focus are all connected.

If you look at the Dulfy "No 2.0" post above, the last question talks about the limits on the engine. That is the big problem. When ranked PvP originally came out, they had a message in the pre season text about cross server. I remember at a later livestream event they talked about the engine limitations on things like cross server and world pvp. When they developed the game, they did not realize the limitations the engine had, and now they are doing what they can with what they have. The last quote in the transcript basically says they can't make the game they want.

Cross server would have been in the game a long time ago if it was possible. They knew massive amounts of people left the game years ago because of poor endgame management. So now they are focused on single player. It fits in with what they can do with the engine, and services the largest player base in the game that remains in the game. Is it what we, the PvP community want? No! But it is where were are. Casual game is casual.

I hate saying this, and I wish there was not a defeatist attitude among the PvP community. but we have been defeated.

The current direction of the game gives them no incentive to do cross server, or overhall the PvP matchmaking system. They are moving the game to a more single player focus. Group content is no longer the major priority. Cross server would only be a focus if group content was the way they were marketing the game. The lack of operations and PvP focus are all connected.

If you look at the Dulfy "No 2.0" post above, the last question talks about the limits on the engine. That is the big problem. When ranked PvP originally came out, they had a message in the pre season text about cross server. I remember at a later livestream event they talked about the engine limitations on things like cross server and world pvp. When they developed the game, they did not realize the limitations the engine had, and now they are doing what they can with what they have. The last quote in the transcript basically says they can't make the game they want.

Cross server would have been in the game a long time ago if it was possible. They knew massive amounts of people left the game years ago because of poor endgame management. So now they are focused on single player. It fits in with what they can do with the engine, and services the largest player base in the game that remains in the game. Is it what we, the PvP community want? No! But it is where were are. Casual game is casual.

That's probably about right. You did a great job making me feel awful about any chances that they might actually improve PVP. You put it in perspective though, and yeah... that actually sounds logical.

Hey, but you know what? BW should make it more clear what's possible, what is not. What I hate is how we all have to try to create theories on what or what they won't do.

If they can't or don't want to make matchmaking happen, let them tell us. If cross server queues is impossible tell us now. If cross team queues is impossible, let them tell us.

I am annoyed with the lack of communication about things we actually care about.

Edited by Lhancelot

That's probably about right. You did a great job making me feel awful about any chances that they might actually improve PVP. You put it in perspective though, and yeah... that actually sounds logical.

Hey, but you know what? BW should make it more clear what's possible, what is not. What I hate is how we all have to try to create theories on what or what they won't do.

If they can't or don't want to make matchmaking happen, let them tell us. If cross server queues is impossible tell us now. If cross team queues is impossible, let them tell us.

I am annoyed with the lack of communication about things we actually care about.

I have been playing since launch. I have gotten to the acceptance phase. But there was anger and depression on my way. The real problem is, I saw how good this game could have been if they had the ability to work with the engine earlier. Imagine cross server with 1.4, full queues, a vibrant ranked scene.....ok now I am going back to depression. I need to stop talking about it and just accept.

/signed.

Though IIRC BW said X server was technically challenging if not impossible.....

And I don't want to be x-server matched with/against people out of my region - and have >500ms Lag coz EU vs US for example. ( no offence - I'm sure other people around the world are fine players and all.:)

There apparently is some sort of matchmaking - but at times the game only starts a WZ with the first 8 (16) in the queue -whatever their role might be. Trinity in 1 pre-made vs 4x anything....

x-faction - I don't see why not.

TBH you may as well ask for a free BB-8 droid, a Wookiee, and a Star-Destroyer for all the difference it makes.

:(

The funny thing is, if they knew their engine/system couldn't handle cross server queues, why would they actually say they were implementing them in the first place?

Because they'd use something like the PTS. At least that's what my bet is on.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Because they'd use something like the PTS. At least that's what my bet is on.

I honestly don't think they realized the true limitations of the Hero Engine until after launch. They original justification for for no cross server was building more of a community on the servers. Which was fine after launch and they had a few million players. Servers were full, and they though that it would continue. They did not anticipate such a rapid decline in the player base. When they looked at cross server they realized things would be difficult.

I honestly don't think they realized the true limitations of the Hero Engine until after launch. They original justification for for no cross server was building more of a community on the servers. Which was fine after launch and they had a few million players. Servers were full, and they though that it would continue. They did not anticipate such a rapid decline in the player base. When they looked at cross server they realized things would be difficult.

Yeah that probably is about right. You must be a professional theorist or something, that or are you a BW dev in hiding. lol everything you type sounds pretty logical/reasonable to me.