Petition for Matchmaking and Cross Server Queues [Comment or Sign Please]

Lhancelot

Yeah that probably is about right. You must be a professional theorist or something, that or are you a BW dev in hiding. lol everything you type sounds pretty logical/reasonable to me.

LOL, just been playing the game a long time now, and following this issue closer then anything. More because it is the only hope for bringing 8v8 back, my favorite game type ever.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't get cross server, that I can guarantee. But they should have implemented cross faction with KOTFE. It actually fits the story line and I was extremely surprised when it wasn't there when it dropped.

Cross faction doesn't elimintate the queue issues, but it would allieviate it a ton.

You won't get cross server, that I can guarantee. But they should have implemented cross faction with KOTFE. It actually fits the story line and I was extremely surprised when it wasn't there when it dropped.

Cross faction doesn't elimintate the queue issues, but it would allieviate it a ton.

this guy

this guy

Explain? Saying 'this guy' literally expresses nothing.

From a programming standpoint, trying to implement cross server is a big, big deal. Changing faction rules on a single server is far less work. And since we know pvp is pretty neglected, why not ask for something that makes sense with the story line (satisfy the rpers), while actually being feasible to implement? Mathematically speaking, queues would be a lot better (only exception to this would be group ranked).

Edited by lavatsunami

The funny thing is, if they knew their engine/system couldn't handle cross server queues, why would they actually say they were implementing them in the first place?

My theory is that the people who wanted to implement it planned on doing so, but got their pink slips shortly before doing so. I'm sure that EA massively slashed their budget when the sub numbers tanked, therefore they could no longer afford to pay the expensive development team that was going implement it. Now we are left with a skeleton crew development team that has no time for anything other than occasional bug fixes, CM updates, and KotFE; with an occasional foray into something like a new warzone every few years. It all starts with the budget, which affects how many developers they can afford to pay, which affects how many of the things on the "wish list" that actually happen.

If I could stand WoW, I would be over there in a heartbeat. It definitely gets more development resources put into it than SWTOR, but it also has millions? of subscribers. They have money. SWTOR does not. Now, you and I may think that if only they did X or Y, then the game would have millions of subs. Well, I think that EA is who you need to convince of that. I'm sure that they are making a good margin from the CM and F2P model, so they are not really interested in changing that and risking putting a bunch of money into something that probably would return null. They didn't get to be a huge corporation by making risky decisions like that.

I posted it to reddit but got negative feedback....go figures

really? lol makes sense. Well, thanks for taking it to higher ground and trying to get it out. I realize they won't do all of these things, and most likely none. but, hey. We can keep it going and see how long it takes to get a response.

Explain? Saying 'this guy' literally expresses nothing.

From a programming standpoint, trying to implement cross server is a big, big deal. Changing faction rules on a single server is far less work. And since we know pvp is pretty neglected, why not ask for something that makes sense with the story line (satisfy the rpers), while actually being feasible to implement? Mathematically speaking, queues would be a lot better (only exception to this would be group ranked).

Yeah, this is what I think too. I figured why not throw up a few different additions for PVP and see what they say though. Why limit our dreams, when they are just that.

Yeah, this is what I think too. I figured why not throw up a few different additions for PVP and see what they say though. Why limit our dreams, when they are just that.

Well they told us 'something better than cross server' was coming out for pvp. Maybe that's a misquote, or a quote taken out of context, but I'm still waiting. I really thought it would be cross faction. Rift pvp has an extremely low population and queue times are awesome because they've had this concept forever.

Signed

Due to no kind of matchmaking being involved in non-ranked warzones, sometimes a team will have no healers, while the other has 3-5 healers. Obviously this kind of imbalance of class types makes for bad games.

QFT! Today I got an arena match which had us having 2 snipers, 1 mara and 1 dps jug (me) against 2 healer sorcs, 1 dps sorc and 1 tank jug. I don't need to say who won that one.

Also, if they did implement a skill based matchmaking system, what would stop the 'good' players queuing with 'bad' players just to be a dick?

Edited by skarvika

Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed Signed

Im not getting my hopes up though, i mean this dosnt really make them more money... so no interest for them.

Signed

QFT! Today I got an arena match which had us having 2 snipers, 1 mara and 1 dps jug (me) against 2 healer sorcs, 1 dps sorc and 1 tank jug. I don't need to say who won that one.

Also, if they did implement a skill based matchmaking system, what would stop the 'good' players queuing with 'bad' players just to be a dick?

I hate that, always happens on BC. If only my game wasnt taking 4 days to reinstall i'd be out there on my Immortal Jugg busting some FOTM sorc skulls.

Im not getting my hopes up though, i mean this dosnt really make them more money... so no interest for them.

I am hoping that for the sake of adding quality to their game they will consider implementing some sort of match making system.

I know it's hard to imagine, but sometimes companies and corporations actually will make changes for QOL reasons. Sure, it's rare, but hey you never know.

If people continue showing interest in this post you never know, maybe something will be added to help balance the teams for PVP.

Maybe they will consider cross team queues and implement some sort of match making that involves team compositions for regs.

Maybe they will throw the gauntlet down and say "**** IT LET'S GO AHEAD AND MAKE CROSS SERVER QUEUES HAPPEN BRUVS!!!!!"

You just never know what just may happen.

Cross Server yes; skilled matchmaking no for a multitude of reasons though most of which are pertaining to making regs more competitive than they need be. Focus on better than cross server and maybe we'll get some results. /half signed

Cross Server yes; skilled matchmaking no for a multitude of reasons though most of which are pertaining to making regs more competitive than they need be. Focus on better than cross server and maybe we'll get some results. /half signed

Well with the tryhards that run premades + sync queue this is an absolute necessity.