Petition for Matchmaking and Cross Server Queues [Comment or Sign Please]

Lhancelot

not just organized, but sponteneously as well. don't tell what i "don't need," there's still many of us that like being on a pvp server. forcing me to play on a PvE server is one of the few things that will make me unsub from this game and not come back.

Jung Ma was my first server man, and the only spontaneous pvp I saw/experienced was ganking or being ganked by random people.

Being on a server like that losses its charm after the 5th time a level 50 Shadow backstabs you on your way to a quest marker.

Edited by Ruhun

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jung Ma was my first server man, and the only spontaneous pvp I saw/experienced was ganking or being ganked by random people.

Being on a server like that losses its charm after the 5th time a level 50 Shadow backstabs you on your way to a quest marker.

Just the other week I assembled a raiding party to hit outpost thorazan on tat, and we got stopped by an enemy guild. last month we had a more organized event on belsavis (which was heavily lopsided towards pubs but w/e). Alpha company usually posts when/where they are going to patrol so theres usually some fun wpvp that comes from that, and that's usually on a weekly basis.

the fear of getting ganked on a pvp server these days is irrational imo, since there are so many ways of avoiding it, that it's become a rarity. It's extremely unlikely you'll run into an enemy player on the way to an objective, with things like QT being a quick CD, or heroic transports.

So, you like the organized spontaneous events, rather than ganking. Why, just about a year ago, I joined a siege of some hillock on Belsavis on the Harbinger when someone called to arms on the Fleet. It was really boring, so I'd never do it again (unless there is some social insentive), but the Op group was like 30 players, opposed by the increasing number of the players on the Imperial side to grind to a complete stalemate after an hour or so. Harbinger is a PvE server last time I've checked.

In my view, the only people who'd lose out from the full server merge with pvE rule set of flagging only when you wanna to, are the gankers.

Nothing, absolutely nothing stops the OWPvP devotees from flagging themselves on the permanent basis. And on a joint server one OWPvPer might even meet that other guy who wanna to. Right here, right now. Zero drawbacks.

Edited by DomiSotto

Dear Bioware,

We the PVPers of SWTOR request that a system of matchmaking be implemented for warzones. This should include matching players according to skill level as well as proper team balance regarding classes.

For this to be possible, obviously the optimal situation would involve cross server queuing, meaning that all servers would share one large queue. This would enable the system to have a larger pool of players to properly match up according to rating/rank/skill and classes.

As it stands now, the discrepancy between class balance AND player skill levels is vast, and often times due to such imbalances the PVP experience is not as enjoyable as it could be.

Due to no kind of matchmaking being involved in non-ranked warzones, sometimes a team will have no healers, while the other has 3-5 healers. Obviously this kind of imbalance of class types makes for bad games.

Another alternative or addition to cross-server queues could be cross team queues... Meaning imps and republic players queing could be teamed up. This too would broaden the pool to make matchmaking easier.

Proper matchmaking would improve the quality of PVP immensely, and such a change would even draw more gamers worldwide to play SWTOR if the PVP had better matchmaking.

Bioware/Devs of SWTOR, please respond to this petition. Let us know if this can be accomplished entirely or partially and if so, when? If not, please explain why it cannot.

/sign

I would like a matchmaking in normal warzones where there are 1-2 tanks and 2 healers and rest dps on each team where Objectives and Winning is encouraged so we no longer see people going for numbers instead of helping the team out. Right now i find going for numbers much more fun than doing the Objectives myself, but still... Edited by SirMannii

this game is a laggy, awful matchmaking terrible piece of ****. The warzone matchmaking is equivalent to a 3 year old downs syndrome child throwing legos into a bucket and the lag is literally game changing at points. This is some of the most terrible gaming i've ever experienced as a paying customer.

So after a close to 200 replies and over 5000 views this thread has slowly fallen to decay....

Honestly, I can not recall any1 complaining about not be able to "strangle" some1 just because he/she forgot to equip a weapon. That must have taken some serious...work. But let us leave the bickering for later.

What "we" are getting is a new warzone (followed up by a new arena), which allows for players to play on the same team as opposite factions. So far, at least from what I understood it only works on the new map...prove me wrong, quite possible I am but it is evident the tech is there to make the topic of the thread a reality...now back to some bickering.

I am going to jump the gun and claim the new warzone will be bugged, boring and most likely riddled with design flaws which will be exploited by many for a good time...most likely long enough for any1 with an ounce of reason to question if the ppl who work at this game even pay attention to what they deliver as a product.

Sorry if I went off the topic of this thread but I forget ppl have a bad memory. The "better than cross-server" hype has never happend, except for the lolz ppl got out the added mailbox...pat on the back for that Bioware, as I am having a hard time figuring out what could have been more useless to add...oh wait, I forgot the "choke" part, also prettier flames!?!

I see no reason why Bioware can not add the cross-faction matching to all warzones/arenas but...maybe one day.

Call me bitter and rude, I can see me agreeing even with the so-called white knights on the good things about this game but seriously...just count back how often Bioware made some seriously questionable, if not even stupid decisions.

All I and my shallow ego asks is for this thread not to die....

So after a close to 200 replies and over 5000 views this thread has slowly fallen to decay....

Honestly, I can not recall any1 complaining about not be able to "strangle" some1 just because he/she forgot to equip a weapon. That must have taken some serious...work. But let us leave the bickering for later.

What "we" are getting is a new warzone (followed up by a new arena), which allows for players to play on the same team as opposite factions. So far, at least from what I understood it only works on the new map...prove me wrong, quite possible I am but it is evident the tech is there to make the topic of the thread a reality...now back to some bickering.

I am going to jump the gun and claim the new warzone will be bugged, boring and most likely riddled with design flaws which will be exploited by many for a good time...most likely long enough for any1 with an ounce of reason to question if the ppl who work at this game even pay attention to what they deliver as a product.

Sorry if I went off the topic of this thread but I forget ppl have a bad memory. The "better than cross-server" hype has never happend, except for the lolz ppl got out the added mailbox...pat on the back for that Bioware, as I am having a hard time figuring out what could have been more useless to add...oh wait, I forgot the "choke" part, also prettier flames!?!

I see no reason why Bioware can not add the cross-faction matching to all warzones/arenas but...maybe one day.

Call me bitter and rude, I can see me agreeing even with the so-called white knights on the good things about this game but seriously...just count back how often Bioware made some seriously questionable, if not even stupid decisions.

All I and my shallow ego asks is for this thread not to die....

Very good point about cross-faction pvp queues. I really don't see why not. It's only Imp vs Imp anyway...with an in-between pub party every now and then.

Well, if you guys want a feel for what a cross-server might be like I would encourage everyone to try PTS in a few weeks. If everyone copies there we might get an idea about the worldwide population and if the cross-server is worth it. The more folks play primarily on PTS during the testing period, the better idea of what it could have been like we'd get.

Please, good folks, make it happen. For this limited time it's up to you :)

Edited by DomiSotto

Well, if you guys want a feel for what a cross-server might be like I would encourage everyone to try PTS in a few weeks. If everyone copies there we might get an idea about the worldwide population and if the cross-server is worth it. The more folks play primarily on PTS during the testing period, the better idea of what it could have been like we'd get.

Please, good folks, make it happen. For this limited time it's up to you :)

I have been doing PTS PVP since 2.8. It is fun when you can get 16 people to attend. Otherwise, you're just yawning.

But it is a hyper-competitive environment, sort of like 8-man ranked most of the time, because the people who can be bothered to show up are th ones who take things seriously.