Petition for Matchmaking and Cross Server Queues [Comment or Sign Please]

Lhancelot

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

Though i lost all hope regarding this...

On that note, did we ever get a straight answer wth BW meant with their "Something better then cross-server queues" announcment they made 500 years ago?

Here is the last word on that front.

http://dulfy.net/2015/10/08/swtor-nycc-cosplay-contest-and-cantina-livestream-coverage/

Group Q&A from ObiWanBaikonur

Q: "Last year at NY ComiCon, you said that there was something ‘better than cross-server’ coming. What is it? Where/when is it?"

Musco- I did say that, and I’m going to give you the Community Manager answer that we see cross-server queuing as really addressing a symptom, rather than the actual problem. The real problem is that Group Finder pops aren’t happening as fast as we or you would like. That’s for Warzones, Flashpoints, Operations, all of it. So, we that is the problem we are trying to resolve.

Backus- I will probably lose my job for this, but I can say that there are two things that we are actively working on to address your concerns here and what you describe as ‘better than cross-server’. I can’t say much more than that, except that you will see an announcement and implementation before next New York ComiCon.

Musco- *with a wink* Subject to change!

So no specifics and no set time frame since Musco gave himself an out.

I'm telling you all, Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter this Place.

EDIT: I guess I already posted this. BUT IT STILL HOLDS! :p

Edited by Master-Nala

It's only been a mere three weeks since a mention of an announcement about a teaser we'll have on an upcoming new warzone. And they have even asked you a PvP related rhetoric question!

That's a veritable communication fest!

Maybe they are still sulking because they did not like the answer! Maybe they did not have the time to find the thread again! What with the attempts to resolve the important completely unforeseen issue of people wantonly rerolling level 60s for free legacy outfits and updating the already updated crafting!

Calm down, you Finnish hotheads!

Edited by DomiSotto

It's only been a mere three weeks since a mention of an announcement about a teaser we'll have on an upcoming new warzone. And they have even asked you a PvP related rhetoric question!

That's a veritable communication fest!

Maybe they are still sulking because they did not like the answer! Maybe they did not have the time to find the thread again! What with the attempts to resolve the important completely unforeseen issue of people wantonly rerolling level 60s for free legacy outfits and updating the already updated crafting!

Calm down, you Finnish hotheads!

No one cares much about one stinky new wrz! Players need cross-server que, some servers have low population and procs are rare thing there, other have faction imbalance, so cross-server wrz ques will solve MANY problems. Same with cross-server fp and ops.

No one cares much about one stinky new wrz! Players need cross-server que, some servers have low population and procs are rare thing there, other have faction imbalance, so cross-server wrz ques will solve MANY problems. Same with cross-server fp and ops.

I think it's more likely that they plan some kind of 'mega-server' consolidation. If they meant anything by "better than cross-server" it's that.

There's vital signs. They all point to the patient having "Casual player obsession syndrome." Prognosis for PvP is uncertain.

Casuals have a halflife of about 1-2 months so for a loyal 1 year subscriber you need about 9 casuals to get out the same amount of money. On top of that, there's the cartel market ofc but that's a totally different story.

Edited by aristrokratie

/signed

Even if i don't really believe they will read this post.

Invest some time & money in cross-server q's, make some content for pvp/gsf, balance a bit classes/ships a lot will pay for that, a lot will come back.

To be honest I can't believe that you guys have been playing PvP with these circumstances. I mean, one team can have Healers/Tanks while the others only have Damage dealers? How is that balanced, and if this has been around since release, no wonder people don't play the game as much as people would want to. There's one thing to have bad Healers, or Tanks, or DPS'ers, but to have non while the other team have, wow...just wow...

Signed.

To be honest I can't believe that you guys have been playing PvP with these circumstances. I mean, one team can have Healers/Tanks while the others only have Damage dealers? How is that balanced, and if this has been around since release, no wonder people don't play the game as much as people would want to. There's one thing to have bad Healers, or Tanks, or DPS'ers, but to have non while the other team have, wow...just wow...

Signed.

It is pretty crazy, but you know... It seems in the past things weren't so wonky as they are now. Only most recently have we the players really started to understand a lot of the problems are not so much class imbalances (although there are some), but instead awful match making involving the different classes as well as the vast difference in skill levels of the players. Not having a Elo system really makes it even worse.