Subscriber Rewards Survey

EricMusco

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I would suggest....two models, one that rewards based on every month (but you collect every 90 days), the other in blocks.

Note that all suggested rewards would be retroactive...meaning folks that have already been subscribed would receive the rewards listed.

Monthly

Every month subscribed gets a 50cc bonus, plus one random cartel market item every three months....so in other words, every 90 days you are a subscriber (or when you reach 90 days total of subscription) you receive a 150cc bonus plus one random cartel market item (except packs).

Blocks

Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum

Bronze - 6 months - extra character slot, free level 60 token, 300cc bonus.

Silver - 12 months - extra character slot, free transfer, one free character appearance kiosk use token, 600cc bonus.

Gold - 24 months - extra character slot, free name change, one free race unlock, one epic mount, 1200CC bonus.

Platinum - 36 months - extra character slot, free cartel pack of your choice, free dye of your choice, free companion of your choice, 2400cc bonus.

All rewards are suggestive, just to illustrate the idea.

I realize that some folks think it should be purely time based, like it was in SWG (which was a great system BTW IMO), but I think it would be healthier for the game if it was based on actual money spent instead. This would act to encourage subscription.

I would also STRONGLY recommend the following for subscribers....

1) Drastically reduced costs for the appearance designer kiosk.

2) HK should be free to subs from now on, now that he is a generic companion...the mission should remain for preferred/F2P.

3) A way to earn CC in game should be added for subs....by participating in different underutilized sections of the game. Like PVP one month, Raiding the next month, GSF to follow, etc. This should rotate around to get folks to try different aspects of the game IMO.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by LordArtemis

I think that subscribers should get more cartel coins and that would allow us to pick stuff we want from the market.

Non subscribers could spend the same amount of real money each month and end up with far more cartel coins.

Currently a subscriber gets 500 coins for $15 and a non subscriber would get 1350 coins for the same $15, hardly seems fair does it...

Yep, not even a month after KotFE changed the game they are worried about players burning through content so fast they are flipping over to preferred status.

Bioware- We don't care about subscriber rewards. We care about playing a game with value that we feel is acceptable for our $15 a month. It is all about producing a quality product, and COMMUNICATING your full intent.

"Subscriber" perks are most certainly a "carrot-on-a-stick'. Deliver us something with compelling gameplay and a level of difficulty that is both challenging and exciting.

This KotFE "story" thing, that isn't it...

Hey folks!

One of the things our team is exploring is to continue giving increased value to your subscription time. Example being the additional rewards we issued each month of being a subscriber leading up to Fallen Empire's launch. After some internal discussion, we decided, why not just go to the source to get some of your feedback as well!

At the bottom of this post you will find a link to a survey which will get your insights into the types of things you like, and would like to see as a subscriber reward. If you have time please take a few minutes and fill out the survey.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SubscriberRewards_04

Offer a New Advanced Class or TWO only to subscribers. Or Add a new class we can decide to adopt at 50-60. I know that is easier said than done. But, THAT would boost your subs. imo :)

Here is what I would suggest....two models, one that rewards based on every month (but you collect every 90 days), the other in blocks.

Note that all suggested rewards would be retroactive...meaning folks that have already been subscribed would receive the rewards listed.

Monthly

Every month subscribed gets a 50cc bonus, plus one random cartel market item every three months....so in other words, every 90 days you are a subscriber (or when you reach 90 days total of subscription) you receive a 150cc bonus plus one random cartel market item (except packs).

Blocks

Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum

Bronze - 6 months - extra character slot, free level 60 token, 300cc bonus.

Silver - 12 months - extra character slot, free transfer, one free character appearance kiosk use token, 600cc bonus.

Gold - 24 months - extra character slot, free name change, one free race unlock, one epic mount, 1200CC bonus.

Platinum - 36 months - extra character slot, free cartel pack of your choice, free dye of your choice, free companion of your choice, 2400cc bonus.

Thanks for your time.

See the problem with this is that if the bonus was monthly after x amount of months you could buy the yearly sub and never need to buy Cartel coins again. And bioware doesn't like that.

I think that subscribers should get more cartel coins and that would allow us to pick stuff we want from the market.

Non subscribers could spend the same amount of real money each month and end up with far more cartel coins.

Currently a subscriber gets 500 coins for $15 and a non subscriber would get 1350 coins for the same $15, hardly seems fair does it...

I agree! This would be better than any item or companion addition....

The survey was asked and answered. I trust my responses thereto were clear.

The "benefit" I desire most is PTS access.

2.0: PTSed; pretty smooth launch

3.0: Not PTSed; Ravagers exploit running loose for a month

4.0: Not PTSed; widespread drop in performance, such as on Odessen and when running multiplayer content such as ops and (shudder) warzones.

Gee, it's almost like PTSing can be used to identify problems that don't show up under the limited populations of a dev shard.

The thing I hated about the rewards (speeder, jacket, and pistols) is the stupid (yes, that word is over-used but seems pretty applicable here imo) way that they implemented them. Instead of mailing all 3 rewards to every one of my dozen or so toons, why not just add them to our collection ? That seems a waaaaaay easier and more sensible way to handle it. And to add insult to injury, once I get the items from my mail, it won't let *me* add them to my Collection, either. This boggled my mind, but my family tells me that sometimes things that I insist are overwhelmingly and intuitively obvious....are not, so perhaps my mind just works funny.....

Some good suggestions in this thread.

A veteran reward program I can definitely get behind. Personally I would avoid random rewards - people would be more inclined to sub if they knew exactly what they would get without relying on RNG. Further, make the image of the item, if applicable, represent EXACTLY what the item is. For mine, the Niko duster didn't look anything like the promo picture which was my main disappointment. Never mind that it was a reused skin - if the picture showed that, no one would be in a position to complain after the fact.

Perhaps produce a list of six high-demand/unique items for a six month period and each month the sub gets to choose one of the items - and they can choose the same one again and again if so inclined.

I want more QoL improvements. The Hutt holo trainer was the best so far.

Also, a program rewarding continued subscription through releasing rewards based on subscription time instead of certain dates would be a very nice thing to reward the real long-time players/subscribers/supporters. It would not exclude or punish anyone for "being too late", anyone could start accumulating sub time at any point and get the rewards for 2 month, 3 month ... 1 year, 2 years... etc. Maybe (really cool) armor sets released in pieces or (really cool) speeders released in parts, maybe a small quest for a special item etc. :)

I'd like a veteran program, too. And, honestly, we can do with a simple good cartel coin grant - say, 1000 for every 6 continuous months of subscription, or 300 here and there on certain dates. Also, decorations are nice.

As for armor, speeders and weapons, just no. Everybody wears them, and they look cheap and feel cheap. As for Nico, well, I thought he'd be like Treek, but he's just a silent guy with one joining dialogue in KOTFE. Boring.

The thing I hated about the rewards (speeder, jacket, and pistols) is the stupid (yes, that word is over-used but seems pretty applicable here imo) way that they implemented them. Instead of mailing all 3 rewards to every one of my dozen or so toons, why not just add them to our collection ? That seems a waaaaaay easier and more sensible way to handle it. And to add insult to injury, once I get the items from my mail, it won't let *me* add them to my Collection, either. This boggled my mind, but my family tells me that sometimes things that I insist are overwhelmingly and intuitively obvious....are not, so perhaps my mind just works funny.....

Yes, please, if nothing else, make a sub reward tab in collections and unlock them there, like the CE items, for example. Storage space is precious.

I want more QoL improvements. The Hutt holo trainer was the best so far.

Also, a program rewarding continued subscription through releasing rewards based on subscription time instead of certain dates would be a very nice thing to reward the real long-time players/subscribers/supporters. It would not exclude or punish anyone for "being too late", anyone could start accumulating sub time at any point and get the rewards for 2 month, 3 month ... 1 year, 2 years... etc. Maybe (really cool) armor sets released in pieces or (really cool) speeders released in parts, maybe a small quest for a special item etc. :)

All true: if you want to reward loyalty - then reward loyalty not the keen eyes that spotted advertisement.

Btw, the crates is a good reward. A random )or not random but the newest \ oldest \ special crate a month. The rest is pure chances.

Or something a la GW2 - they did not do it for subscribtion time but there are unique weapon\armor skins you get for doing daylies and getting points for that.

Hmm there so many things... how about something from the new Fallen Story Arcann's Mask or that Lightsaber Pike I know a lot of people would not mind to have that Pike Even thow the Pike's look more to be a weapon for Shadow/Assassin.

Let's look at what we have gotten b4 3-4 Speeders, Weapons, Titles and Pets I may be forgetting something we have not gotten any Emotes or health regeneration items.

Emotes like

<-- Wookie Roar

<-- Sand people scream

<-- Jawa Utini

After Combat Health Regen

A group of 5-7 Jawa come and Fix you Up.

A Sith Master uses Force Lightning on you to Strengthen you.

A Mini bar show up and you mix a Strong Drink.

I was very excited when character costumization added to game, then sudden realization bioware want real money for this.

If you remove CC for subscriber or decrease cost it will be nice. With subscriber discount it is still expensive. A lot of game had this tool but they don't want real life money for that.

what really needs to be improved is the f2p restrictions. It would go a long way with the press and help the game get more subs overall.

I don't believe making it easier for people to not subscribe would result in higher subscriptions.

Honestly I think the idea of monthly rewards to be a good idea. This is something another MMO I play does (Champions Online). It encourages subs, and it inspires your employees. Another Idea you could use would be to occasionally ask players to draw or at least describe in detail, their idea and pick one item/set/whatever from the players (Cryptic has done this in both Star Trek online and in Champions with great success)