Subscriber Rewards Survey

EricMusco

Think it's funny they made "1" the most favorite and "5" the least favorite. Wonder how many people read that wrong and made their votes backward :rolleyes:

At least in my experience, "on a scale of 1 to 5" means 1 is the least and 5 is the most lol.

Don't know about you but when I rank anything favorite to least favorite I rank my favorite at the top thus #1 ... not sure how this isn't making sense.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bit of extra feedback for you.

I would very much like to see a continual subscriber bonus rather than 1 off rewards you can sub for a month to get. For example, 3 months consecutive Sub Reward, 5 months, and so on. In addition to one off rewards around special events.

With this model you not only encourage member to maintain a subscription but it allows members to look forward to getting at 5 months sub a cool item otherwise unavailable to them.

Thought I might pass this feedback along :)

Only thing funny is you're trying to read into something that isn't there.

No he's not. I used to work in market research and I know exactly what he's talking about.

...and FIX THE CARTEL PACKS!

Seriously, the Cartel packs were expensive enough without you taking all the good stuff out of them AND you nerf them down to TWO items. One item being a crappy companion gift. There are so many ways to get companion gifts in the game now! We don't need it to be junk items in the packs. Especially if we only get TWO items to begin with.

Dudes, just make them the way they use to be. Five items per pack.

At least add the jawa junk back in. Even as common as resources are now the purple junk was invaluable for crafting high-level endgame items.

Edited by ZanyaCross

I'd really like some new companions. They're always fun to have.

Especially if some of the old Fatal Alliance characters were brought back, like Eldon Ax and Larin Moxla.

Think it's funny they made "1" the most favorite and "5" the least favorite. Wonder how many people read that wrong and made their votes backward :rolleyes:

At least in my experience, "on a scale of 1 to 5" means 1 is the least and 5 is the most lol.

Damn it, I made that mistake.

Now I feel foolish.

But whats more important it lacks option like 10k cc per month as a reward...

I reiterate: .....

You do realize that your being pants on head unrealistic right?

You want 10k CC a month for subbing? :eek:

Yeah, dont see them giving you $80 worth of CC a month for spending $15 on a sub...

( $39.99 gets you 5500 CC )

Edited by XiamaraSimi

That is fine, for those who are newer to the game...

The only craft full of stuff that could drop that will help would be more content... I have all the mounts, armor, weapons, companions, and decos that I could really ever use, I do not need any more...

What I need is more content.

I've been playing and subbing since launch..... I still don't have everything...... Getting a Crate Full of Stuff like that would be kind of cool, to me..... I guess....

oops, I did exactly that. oh well, don't really expect a web survey to really be accurate or meaningful. Anyone can vote on that crap multiple times.

Two issues.

1: This is a voluntary response sample. However, unlike the user-created level-sync poll, this survey doesn't have the potential to negatively impact anyone. Thus, this issue isn't very important.

2: You want feedback from subscribers. Terrific. I like the idea. But you realize non-subs can answer the survey just as easily, right? That may not sound so bad at first, but consider the potential issues:

- Flooding of bogus survey responses, with randomized answers and off-topic or pure gibberish responses in the text boxes. These may be from F2P/Preferred players, but they could also be from WoW fanboys or butthurt members of some other playerbase. The result of this is that, even if Bioware is able to detect which are bogus and which are not, there is simply an unbelievably high ratio of those garbage responses to the real responses that no good will come of the survey.

- Troll responses of a different kind: negative answers. The person answering the survey decides what they think the best answer is, then chooses the option farthest from that answer. Most likely originating from butthurt F2P/Preferred players, or members of another playerbase.

- If nothing else, simply a misrepresentation of the desires of the subscribed community of SWTOR.

I'm going to answer the survey. I'm going to give my honest opinions. However, it is foolishness to have an open survey for SWTOR Subscribers only and expect everyone else to play fair.

Edited by idnewton

heres a suggestion for a REAL meaningful survey

What would get you to sub long term?

choose what would make you sub long term

1. Playable wookies,rodians,trandoshians more exotic races

2. Free roam open space like star wars galaxies jump to lightspeed (cartel market ships bieng sold to you) free roaming space game like the ground game with free roam pve/pvp non instanced based persistent space. The ability for guild ships/capital ships to fight each other in large scale ship battles

3. Objective based open world pvp i.e raiding capital cities with large scale raid vs raid action. Warzones are used to get gear to do open world pvp. Open world pvp is done for weapons better mods,enhancements and other pvp related items.

4. 3rd faction i.e hutt cartel/revanites/infinite empire/other

5. Making republic side more appealing i.e more authentic movie based outfits/robes

What do you prefer world/zone wise?

1. Do you prefer worlds/zone as they are i.e small zones with pathways

2. Do you prefer open worlds with more exploration and non linear

What features based off kotor would you like to see implemented?

1. The ability to switch to and play as companions kotor style

2. A second look at pod racing and how to implement it?

What is your opinion of our f2p status?

1. it seems very fair and up to par with other mmo f2p options

2. Its very limiting and turns me off to playing swtor i.e "As a subscriber" bieng thrown in my face constantly

3.how could we improve f2p to make it more appealing and create less of a feeling that your a second class citizen in swtor?

Please give us any other relevant information or suggestion on the f2p model

(insert text box here)

Do you feel swtor is to cookie cutter?

1. yes

2.no

Do you feel their should be less focus on enticing you to play tor or there should be more focus on making swtor worth a subscription fee?

1. yes

2.no

What in your opinion would make you feel swtor is worth subscribing to?

(insert text box here)

This is what needs to be asked about swtor in a open and honest way

How about giving us new content, caring about your game, fixing bugs, and a balanced pvp that would keep more people subscribed.

Yes they did and in the end nothing happened after that, they just ignored feedbacks :)

this is more along the lines of what you should be putting in the surveys. at $16x12 A year $192USD there needs to be more. MMOs (not just SWTOR) need to look at the history of this magic price and see that it no longer applies. i remember when it was $3 a month and was a network cost. then someone came up with the idea that since we pay for HBO at the rate of $15 a month then MMO should be the same due to the entertainment value.... got news for you guys, HBO puts a new movie or two out each month and it is not even worth it anymore IMO.

give us a $99 year deal or a lifetime sub of $300, but the deals and cost of the sub for SWTOR and most other MMOs are not a value anymore.

If you're going to base your survey off of old rewards I think we are missing some context here. How many people are going to vote that the duster was their favorite item? In the survey it brings up the coat and hints that it is talking about receiving armor in general but what if people don't select that as their choice BECAUSE the nico okarr duster was chosen as an example? Normally i'm ecstatic about receiving new armor except that the nico okarr duster is AN EXACT REPLICA of armor available in-game, one fairly easy to get your hands on. One thing that I find people agreeing on in this game is they don't like receiving recycled stuff as rewards.

I've been playing and subbing since launch..... I still don't have everything...... Getting a Crate Full of Stuff like that would be kind of cool, to me..... I guess....

Sure... but you likely have all the mounts, pets, decos, weapons, and armor that you NEED. :) I did say "need". :)

Would I take another one? Sure, I guess... but it isn't going to get me to sub for another toy...

Give me a better PvP matchmaker that doesn't put premades in with pugs. Give me GSF maps, PvP maps, FP, and new daily areas...

More ops would be nice too...

A grind that involves running 4 year old heroics that can all be soloed is not new content.

I took the survey.

Outside of everything that is on the list, the only thing I use are the blasters.

First, "Knights of the Fallen Empire's" problem resides with the rewards given during missions, operations, flashpoints, etc... I also think there are serious rewards problems at levels 45, 50, 55, 60, & 65. Before the new expansion was put into place, players were able to obtain premade gear at level 55. As a result of moving the bar to 65, I think the incentive to reach certain levels has diminished.

Once you hit level 45ish, the core and class stories become daunting and boring. 12x experience points boosts are essential to get over the insane level 45 lull.

Second, since you took away the vendor items on fleet, players lost the freedom of choose, customization, and 'sense of control'.

Fourth, the random c-market packs are a waste of money. Since players cannot control the outcome, I find that this was used to swing the rewards into BioWare's favor. BioWare gains from the 'random' armor, crystal, and weapon packs, and players are left without a 'freedom of choice' and 'control'. I don't want to spend money on random items. I want to control and choose what I buy.

Fifth, related to the first problem. All of the crystal reward drops are a serious problem. If I am going to spend time on operations, flashpoints, and missions, the reward system needs to be boosted. --- My thinking is: If I am spending money on CC coins and a subscription, regardless of duration, the crystals and comm rewards need to be increased. Remember, players are spending money, and they are seeing very little in return.

...and, this is coming from a buyer of CC coins and a subscriber.

Unless the reward system swings back to the players, I see no need for resubscribing and buying more coins.

Players pay = you have to give more rewards, better progression, and incentives to continue.

While the expansion contains a great story, the reward system is a very serious problem.

Don't waste my money. Don't waste my time.

Edited by Linyivee

My thinking is: If I am spending money on CC coins and a subscription, regardless of duration, the crystals and comm rewards need to be increased. Remember, players are spending money, and they are seeing very little in return.
Unless the reward system swings back to the players, I see no need for resubscribing and buying more coins.

Players pay = you have to give more rewards, better progression, and incentives to continue.

While the expansion contains a great story, the reward system is a very serious problem.

So you support Pay2Win? Good luck winning that argument.

...and, this is coming from a buyer of CC coins and a subscriber.
REALLY?! Never would've guessed it. :rolleyes:

"People waste their money on virtual garbage, so they should be rewarded for it because they didn't get the satisfaction they hoped for. And guess what: I would benefit the most from this!"

This is why we can't have nice things. People let greed obscure reason.

Edited by idnewton

So you support Pay2Win? Good luck winning that argument.

REALLY?! Never would've guessed it. :rolleyes:

"People waste their money on virtual garbage, so they should be rewarded for it because they didn't get the satisfaction they hoped for. And guess what: I would benefit the most from this!"

This is why we can't have nice things. People let greed obscure reason.

We live in a world of capitalism. People work very hard for a paycheck. if I am investing some of my paycheck into "SWTOR", I better be rewarded for my investment. I think many f2p developers keep forgetting about rewarding paying customers. I want to resubscribe next month. I also want to buy more coins. ...but, something has to give.

Huh.... you know, "working game" wasn't an option...

But honestly, there should be some type of rewards system that actually means something. I've dropped a LOT into this game, and I often can't believe how little I feel I actually get out of it.

I agree.

Edited by Linyivee

Huh.... you know, "working game" wasn't an option...

But honestly, there should be some type of rewards system that actually means something. I've dropped a LOT into this game, and I often can't believe how little I feel I actually get out of it.

Why do you stay then?

#2 needs an I Don't Care option, so that I can actually submit the survey.

Because I don't care. My concerns for the game go beyond getting a duster, some guns, yet another vehicle, a custom animation, early access, etc. For example, content that isn't played to completion in six hours. That's my biggest issue with KotFE.

Added my cent and a half to the last question on the survey:

"Early access is always a good thing, but if you really want to keep people subbing you need to make it worth it. 500cc is a joke for being a sub. The Secret World has a great F2P system. All new content costs 1200 FC coins, and those that sub get 1200 to spend each month in the store. To get the new content, subs still need to spend 1200 coins on the content, but they also get a 3 days early access to all new content/chapters.

If you want to keep those who sub around and broaden your sub base. First I would take away the Ops, PvP and gear restrictions on F2P and Pref customers. Less content restrictions on those 2 player bases would increase the population for endgame and make it a bit more healthy than it already is. Now, below are some ideas to keep those of us subbed to continue subbing and to attract more to sub.

1. Increase CC coin rewards. 500cc is a joke, especially when most everything costs 1200+. Increase the CC reward to 1200-1500 per month for subs.

2. Sub only items in the Cartel Market. Having certain armor, weapons, perks, etc available to subs only in the market would make subbing more attractive.

3. A discount for all Cartel Market items. An XX% discount on all items while being a sub would be attractive.

4. A monthly "goodie box". This could contain Bind to Legacy XP buffs, Valor buffs, Companion gifts, GSF paint jobs, high level potions, adrenals, stims, etc. Adding a rare chance for a unique stronghold decoration, armor set, crystals, GSF ship, mount, etc.

5. Crafting buffs. An additional 5% to crit proc's would be good or a 100% RE rate buff.

Those are just some random ideas to make things a bit more attractive to actually have a sub."

Hopefully they actually listen to what people had to say on the survey and are not just paying their player base lip-service...

Yes, yes a million times yes! I loved how SWG did it (for example) where each month you were subscribed, you'd get something different. Like the 3 month milestone was a console, then after being subbed for 51 months you could get a carbonite statue. (http://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapbookv51/data/20071216101851/)

I think a system like that would definitely reward subscribers, especially those of us that have been here since the beginning (or at least a really long time). Rewards gated by the number of months you've been subbed would probably keep some people subbed for the sake of getting the items they want.

I'm just happy they are considering any kind of sub rewards at this point. But a vet rewards program would be amazing.

I totally agree with this - a vet rewards system would be AMAZING ... but items that are not re-skins of other items, truly unique things you can't get anywhere else. The most amazing for the longest subbed months on down the line to 3 months subbed. I too was part of SWG and counted the days until I could get the really unusual items that were offered to the real vets. One nice thing was that you could choose from any of the items during the time periods you were subbed, you weren't locked into the specific timeframe, so you could actually get something twice if you wanted.

But any subscriber rewards system would be awesome. :D

Ok first of all, I've been an active subscriber to this game since pre-release, never had any major time lapsed. I love the game and happily consider my sub of value even without bonuses. I enjoy the game, the bonuses are just that bonuses.

Now that said, I'd much rather the devs develop a solid Veteran Rewards Program. what you've given us has been pretty cool (my favorite bonus BTW was the dr orrogub statue, prior to 4.0 when you always had something to train each level, it was awesome to have, damn near worth the pre-order price on it's own) but for me the biggest problem was the seemingly random nature of the subscriber rewards, it basicly amounted to "here's randomly a new speeder!, or a new pet or.. whatever" I'd rather have a veteran rewards program, that way, you know that if you are subbed for x long, you get Y. I think it'll also lead to a more stable subscriber population. instead of moving in fits and bursts with every expansion, like you'll get if you continue the KOTFE style bonuses.

I think convenience & QoL things are the best compromise between the OP stuff I want and what you can practically give. Dr O back in the day was quite useful but no ePeen raiders were crying p2w.

I also think there should be cumulative rewards. a 3 month chip, 6 month, etc. Recognize "subscribed Jan-Jun" means less having to come up with those "be subscribed on this date for this reward" promos.