Subscriber Rewards Survey

EricMusco

Blimey! I wonder why that is? it couldn't have ANYTHING at all to do with the level of hostility and toxicity of this games player base could it? NO that couldn't be it there must be another reason behind it!

Actually their reason behind it is simple. Given that almost all those who purchased the expansion completed it in under 3 hours - there is now nothing else to do in game. Therefore, some players will think 'I will only sub when the next update arrives' - hence, Biowares trademarked carrot & stick approach.

They simply want to know what will keep people subbing between content droughts..whoops, drops, given there won't be any new operations or flashpoints for a VERY long time.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a suggestion on maybe doing a rewards program based on the amount of time you have been a sub sort of like a veteran award program (something maybe like swg had) where it is based on the amount of times you have been a sub.

I know there are people in this forum that have been a sub since launch and I believe some of them should have a better reward than say a person just sub a week ago.

ERIC-

I hope the "DO NOT RESKIN" point comes across loud and clear. Lots of people not happy we got something that was already in game. To be honest I was pretty annoyed about that and felt BW didn't do it's homework.

Unique should be.. UNIQUE.... nothing else like it in game and nothing else like it via Cartel market later or in game.

Please don't tie early access to 3 month sub (Or make it like 2 weeks instead of 7 days) next time.

Something "LEGENDARY" for those subbed for xx months and every 3-6 months you get another "LEGENDARY" item. I'd like to see a Legendary token given out each month of SUB'd that allows us to purchase one item of choice (Like Containment Armor Set). Sell the tokens for like xx Rak, xx Gree, xx Bounty as well so folks can buy items with more tokens instead of just wait for SUB to update. Maybe use those now impossible to get CARTEL CERTS?

Edited by dscount

Nice to see a public survey available for everyone, wouldn't have expected that amount of openness. Hopefully, when the next time we get subscriber rewards, you will also mention which option was the most popular so we know that our opinion has been heard and it did not just disappear in the drawer.

For me, the decision what the best subscriber reward is is a tough one because I'm always subscribed (save for a few hours/days downtime until I redeem another 60-day card); I don't subscribe just for a certain reward but to do operations and just to support the game and play without restrictions. But if I have to choose, the best reward IMO was the 7-day early access. Even though it means playing with all the bugs, I like being one of the first to see new content.

Going forward, I only ask for two things: Always announce beforehand when a subscriber reward is coming up so that we have a chance to subscribe and don't miss out e.g. because our old subscription has just run out and we haven't had time to renew. And second, don't offer rewards for consecutive sub time like other games do. Because for players like me with 60-day game time cards, this would not work unless we always enter a new card before the old one runs out. The KotFE subscriber rewards where you had to be subscribed on certain days was fine though IMO.

How about rewarding us veterans who have stayed loyal and subscribed through thick and thin?

Hear, hear! I've been playing since beta and a sub since launch. Let's also see something new exclusive items on the VIP and Security Key vendors.

This survey lacks ALL OF THE ABOVE option to tick...

-New companion

-New weapon set

-New armor set

-New mount

But whats more important it lacks option like 10k cc per month as a reward...

The cc amount subscribers get is so small that you cant buy anything each month you get current cc reward. What is on the CM shop that is worth 500/600 cc a subscriber can get ? If it was like 10k than a sub can get 2 Hyper crates and actually enjoy the moment of opening them each month. Hoping something nice will be there :) And each month that person will have option to try again and see what interesting stuff is added to the packs or CM itself. If you think 10k cc / month would be bad for the CM/GTN market than make it bind permanently to the player. GTN will be the same as it is now (people who buy cc will still put stuff on GTN), and subscribers will have fun with CM shop. Just a suggestion ;P

Early access to me will always drive my decisions the most. I think including early access with other rewards might be something that should be separated. Outside of that what I'd like are pets and different color crystals. Out of the current rewards the crystals are the most used by me. The others just sit in my cargo hold to collect dust.

It was hard to answer that last question because I love getting new unique companions but at the same time I love unique appearance options and unique animations for your character a bit more. If we could get both, that'd be sweet!

I know that one my favorite things to do in the game whenever the new cartel packs come out is to get the new emotes, so maybe getting some subscriber only emotes would be good? There are tons of emotes that have yet to be explored, so the possibilities are vast.

I think I can pretty much guess what most people will put on the last question.

"Truly Unique Items (not reskins of existing items) that makes me feel like it's worth the cost to sub for them."

^What I put on the final question.

Not me. I want MOAR SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDERS! Well, actually I want one that works like the Ziost hotrod, because we all have to have something impossible to dream for.

And no, not like the Zakuul Taxi. I mean, OK, it's good for taking up space on fleet, as it definitely qualifies as obnoxiously large, but it takes up huge amounts of space in my field of view, so it's only marginally usable.

I completed the survey, but it was not what I expected. You just wanted to know which item you gave was my favorite. You didn't ask the real questions.

- Did you subscribe or maintain your subscription due to Fallen Empires or any of the rewards?

No, I already subscribed and was not interested in any of the rewards. If I did not subscribe, I can't see that I would have subscribed to get the rewards. Didn't someone have to subscribe for 3 months ($45) for a week of early access? Seems a foolish use of money just to subscribe for that.

- What types of rewards would have persuaded you to subscribe?

A difficult question, but I would have to say an exclusive item. Each reward you gave was a reskin or early access. Everything is available without subscribing. Would have preferred a companion that is ONLY available through subscription. I would have liked some Cartel cash. A handful of those random Cartel packs. Always tough to reward subscribers without alienating the F2P'ers.

- As a current subscriber, what would you like to see in the future to reward your loyalty?

I would like to see veteran rewards to acknowledge continual subscription. Doesn't have to be much, pets, mounts... I won't spend my monthly Cartel allowance on those random packs (I don't gamble). So how about just rewarding one every 1, 4 or 6 months? As an Everquest subscriber I receive a random pack every month with a chance for a pet/mount type item.

- What (other than rewards) could we add to improve the game value for subscribers?

I'd like to purchase a lifetime subscription.

I'd like to be able to link a second account to my subscribed account.

I love the idea of having more companions to use, although a bit of critique for the implementation of Nico Okarr:

Most of the full time companions in the game (by which I mean all but Nico, I'm fairly certain) can be right clicked out of combat for some kind of idle comment. Before KOTFE, the most disappointing companion with this was HK-51 since, at least for Republic characters, he has a total of one line that he always says no matter what. Most other companions have several that they cycle through but HK always says that one line (for Republic characters: "Statement: There is nothing to discuss at the present time master, we should resume deleting troublemakers."). I'd love to see some lines added for HK (even HK-55 had more idle comments than HK-51) even if they're just repeats from his companion conversations. That's what was done for a lot of the other companions.

The problem is Nico goes one step further and just has nothing to say at all. That's hugely disappointing to me and it makes him feel like less of a companion than the others. You can't talk to him, not even just for a quick one liner. He has comments in battle and on summon/dismissal too so it's clearly possible to get the voice overs for him. The other characters in the story, like Theron and Lana, have comments. Theron has some very funny lines too ("Uh, this better not be a mom joke." for example). Again, even HK-55 had idle comments. The Star Fortress companions have them too. If we get more exclusive companions in the future, they should have idle comments like the other companions do so they feel as complete as the other companions do.

I love the idea of having more companions to use, although a bit of critique for the implementation of Nico Okarr:

Most of the full time companions in the game (by which I mean all but Nico, I'm fairly certain) can be right clicked out of combat for some kind of idle comment. Before KOTFE, the most disappointing companion with this was HK-51 since, at least for Republic characters, he has a total of one line that he always says no matter what. Most other companions have several that they cycle through but HK always says that one line (for Republic characters: "Statement: There is nothing to discuss at the present time master, we should resume deleting troublemakers."). I'd love to see some lines added for HK (even HK-55 had more idle comments than HK-51) even if they're just repeats from his companion conversations. That's what was done for a lot of the other companions.

The problem is Nico goes one step further and just has nothing to say at all. That's hugely disappointing to me and it makes him feel like less of a companion than the others. You can't talk to him, not even just for a quick one liner. He has comments in battle and on summon/dismissal too so it's clearly possible to get the voice overs for him. The other characters in the story, like Theron and Lana, have comments. Theron has some very funny lines too ("Uh, this better not be a mom joke." for example). Again, even HK-55 had idle comments. The Star Fortress companions have them too. If we get more exclusive companions in the future, they should have idle comments like the other companions do so they feel as complete as the other companions do.

I have a more pressing problem ... I can't reject him. Everything other subscriber reward I don't want I can delete (tossed the duster, the blasters, etc.) but Nico just sits in the alliance alerts window waiting to be recruited. And no way am I partnering with a dirty old smuggler. Rewards should be rewards, not punishments.

Edited by FireFoxed

I was intrigued by all of the subscriber rewards but doubt I would have gone out of my way to sub for any of them. The guns and the duster were disappointing when I got to see them - they would have pissed me off if I had subbed for them. The swoop bike is nice but I care little about vehicles. The companion and early access were cool but uncustomizable companions are a "gotcha"/irritant of their own.

I really liked the Hutt holostatue reward from RoTHC. I think that many players who don't have one might be incentivized to sub for it, because it is massively convenient.

A combination of a unique Rest & Recharge animation, new holostatue, new mount, and early access would appeal to me.

I said all of this in the survey.

It's pretty surprising that they still don't have any sort of veteran rewards program for subs. That's pretty standard with most MMOs. Every 30 days of time subbed should unlock an increasingly more valuable sub reward.

There's little room for nuance in the form, so I just want to give a rundown of the rewards:

- Week Early Access: Great! It was nice to get ahead of the crowds here and see the content early (and the content was awesome!).

- Swoop Bike: A bit big, and the lack of boost pads around the world made me sad, but hit the nostalgia button just right.

- A Normal Subscriber rewards.

- Niko Okarr: Who? He's a generic smuggler type with zero presence in-story and not really interesting. But at least there's some use for low level chars who don't want to hang with Qyzen or something.

- Nico's Blasters: Oddly, too normal looking. Also small. Not outright bad, just not really a motivation at all, especially since only 2/8 classes can use them at all.

- The slightly improved credit rating from paying off the $15 monthly charge on my credit card.

- Nico Okarr's Duster Coat: This was just a terrible implementation. It sounds cool, which made the result, a pallate swap of a design that's been used countless times already, even more horrible.

More cartel coins the longer you sub is the answer.

No point in trying to guess what people may like if they sub.

Some like the mount some do not.

Some like the blasters some not so much.

Pretty much everyone couldn't give a toss about the coat.(mentioned lots that its a reskin)

Early access is nothing much (access 1 week before others is meh so so meh *shrug)

A new Comp that has little to do with the actual story is yet again meh (I have him cool, I don't have him so what, makes no real difference overall)

Give people extra Cartel Coins then they can spoil themselves. Buy and reward themselves..a new mount, a new skin, a new cargo bay, a new anything...coins is the way ahead here.

I have a more pressing problem ... I can't reject him. Everything other subscriber reward I don't want I can delete (tossed the duster, the blasters, etc.) but Nico just sits in the alliance alerts window waiting to be recruited. And no way am I partnering with a dirty old smuggler. Rewards should be rewards, not punishments.

Pretty sure you can refuse him during the recruitment mission. You can definitely refuse the mission itself after he tells you to make him a drink, just not entirely sure if that "finishes" the mission or just puts it back in your alliance window.