Subscriber Rewards Survey

EricMusco

Personally I like what they did with SWG...

A few Unique subscriber decos with some you could buy, but as a sub you got it for free....

Maybe a unique SH after a year or two...

Maybe a ship for GSF....

I hate how limited they made the survey... Just so damned subjective once the final results are looked at.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually their reason behind it is simple. Given that almost all those who purchased the expansion completed it in under 3 hours - there is now nothing else to do in game. Therefore, some players will think 'I will only sub when the next update arrives' - hence, Biowares trademarked carrot & stick approach.

They simply want to know what will keep people subbing between content droughts..whoops, drops, given there won't be any new operations or flashpoints for a VERY long time.

Only if you're a content locust who blows through the content as fast as possible then complains that there isn't more to do.

How about they put many items on a special subscriber vendor. Then each month we get one or more tokens to spend on the vendor.

They could also do something like, "players who have been subscribed for the past 6 consecutive months or longer will receive double the tokens". They could also make it so anyone who buys a 6 month subscription, immediately begins receiving the double tokens.

Even with all the kerfuffle over the implementation of Niko's gear, and as useless as a new companion is now that all companions are identical, I had to rate the 7-day early access as my least-enjoyed subscriber reward simply because it isn't something I had any intention of using. Updates and expansions in this game are always so broken that I had no intention of logging in until there had been sufficient time to identify and fix at least the most egregious bugs. Early access? No thanks; go hire some quality control testers instead and get back to me when things actually work. Edited by Blackbird

Yes, yes a million times yes! I loved how SWG did it (for example) where each month you were subscribed, you'd get something different. Like the 3 month milestone was a console, then after being subbed for 51 months you could get a carbonite statue. (http://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapbookv51/data/20071216101851/)

I think a system like that would definitely reward subscribers, especially those of us that have been here since the beginning (or at least a really long time). Rewards gated by the number of months you've been subbed would probably keep some people subbed for the sake of getting the items they want.

I'm just happy they are considering any kind of sub rewards at this point. But a vet rewards program would be amazing.

I think I can pretty much guess what most people will put on the last question.

"Truly Unique Items (not reskins of existing items) that makes me feel like it's worth the cost to sub for them."

^What I put on the final question.

Exactly. I was most looking forward to the coat and guns, but they turned out to be the biggest disappointment. Every time they retexture an existing model and submit it as something new - especially if it's a carrot for subbing - is like a slap in the face. I imagine them watching a sub counter go up by one and chuckling... 'Heh! Suckers!'

Edited by Furiant

I din't say this earlier on this thread, but in the survey I suggested they give us a "Crate Full of Stuff." In the crate they would pack a highly sought after dye pack (such as a black on black, or white on white, etc), a highly sought after color crystal, a small stack of Cartel Market Certificates (5 or 10), a few really unique bound to legacy stronghold decorations, a set of bound to legacy schematics for a full set of mod-able adaptive armor that, when crafted, can be sold on the GTN.

I would hope that the unique bound to legacy stronghold decorations and the schematics and armor set from the schematics will not show up on the CM or as drops...

I'd like to see more subscriber legacy perks for example:

A legacy bank... just for subs...

How about:

Optional Legacy recruitment of some ( and I mean some ) of the alliance companions like yunn, 4x, qyzen... doing it over and over is .... not so much fun. It kind of feels like datacrons all over again. The story it great but some of the comp recruitment is a drag. I like to pvp on some of my toons, but I'd like 4x on all of them and it will suck if I have to PvP on all off them to get further comps.

I'll put it in the 'other' section on the survey.

These kind of perks would make our in game qol better.

I din't say this earlier on this thread, but in the survey I suggested they give us a "Crate Full of Stuff." In the crate they would pack a highly sought after dye pack (such as a black on black, or white on white, etc), a highly sought after color crystal, a small stack of Cartel Market Certificates (5 or 10), a few really unique bound to legacy stronghold decorations, a set of bound to legacy schematics for a full set of mod-able adaptive armor that, when crafted, can be sold on the GTN.

I would hope that the unique bound to legacy stronghold decorations and the schematics and armor set from the schematics will not show up on the CM or as drops...

I like this

Hey folks!

One of the things our team is exploring is to continue giving increased value to your subscription time. Example being the additional rewards we issued each month of being a subscriber leading up to Fallen Empire's launch. After some internal discussion, we decided, why not just go to the source to get some of your feedback as well!

At the bottom of this post you will find a link to a survey which will get your insights into the types of things you like, and would like to see as a subscriber reward. If you have time please take a few minutes and fill out the survey.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SubscriberRewards_04

I actually didn't subscribe till about 2 weeks before the official release. So all I got was the free lvl 60 character.

That said, I would have loved to've gotten the companion. Just didn't know about it. Now, I feel that it's a piece of the story I'll never know about.

Rewards should be purely cosmetic in my humble opinion. Make them cool enough, and people will want them.

The KOTOR inspired bike...no. Because no one wants the SWAG speeder.

I promise you. New people coming to the game are going to be upset they won't get Nico as a companion. That was a bad move.

Here's the best idea you'll ever receive. Subscriber packs. A box of 30 packs per month. Have 1 or 2 cool mounts, 1 set of armor, and so on. Make it to where people can sell them on the auction house.

People can either roll the dice and try to get something cool in the packs, or sell them for some credits.

Another good idea. Have companions in the packs every so often. A quest line for one. Keep it KOTOR related. Descendants of characters, or even characters themselves if you find a legit reason to have them frozen in time.

Say a companion is in a mind maze. Like what we saw in KOTOR. Lost in there for centuries. Body decayed, and you trick someone - an enemy - into the mind maze. You would say, get Jolee Bindo BUT in a new body.

Things like that.

People would eat it up. Could even put statues of the original companions in the subscriber packs.

I have given this some thought. I think really unique items would be good subscriber rewards. How about a different assortment of personal starships that subs can have access too. I feel a modable personal starship would be awesome that way subs could have a truly unique looking starship. Special Subscriber only quest would be fun with unique armor sets, dyes, weapons, color crystals etc... as rewards for them. Just a little side line for subs. Also being able to create a personal flag, banner, armor logo would be awesome too. Anything that is special and unique so subs can stand out a little but still not all look the same.

The only reason to sub in this game is that the free to play and preferred status's are just awful. 600 cartel coins isnt an incentive since youre actually paying for that anyway in a monthly sub cost. Free bound to legacy items or hell a cartel market discount which would further increase revenue would be more worth it :) (I would be happy with a 50% collection unlock discount at some point since you went and upped the costs of collection unlocks!) But it's not like I'm going to unsub and be locked down to less toolbars, a credit cap, a char limit, etc.

If you want people to sub give players cool stuff that would actually be used and people would want. Not some regurgitated coat with a new color.

Imagine a new player see some dude run by with a really cool companion/outfit/mount. New players says "Hey Dude how do you get that?" Dude Says "Hey man all you need to do is be subbed and you will get a cool item every month"

Don't get me wrong the KOTOR inspired mount is very nice. NICO would have been very nice too if he was actually like the old companions. Have a few unique ability visuals and could wear armor.

So I noticed that one of the possible subscriber incentives was something along the lines of "New animations or abilities for existing or new companions". I'm not sure about this being a subscriber exclusive, but it's certainly something I would love to see. A lot of companions feel like they have lost their identity since 4.0 hit, and this would help alleviate that problem.

Take Akaavi Spar for example. The flamethrower was her trademark, but now she can't even use it. Her and SCORPIO may as well be the same character as far as combat animations go. I don't mind companions being functionally the same, but they shouldn't look the same when they fight. Just changing some of the animations would go a long way. Using Akaavi as an example again, in DPS stance her AOE attack shares the sith assassins lacerate animation. It would be more thematically appropriate if she used the animation for flame sweep. It would be the exact same attack, but would make her feel unique. I'm sure there are tons of other examples people could think of for other companions. If companions had this kind of variety it would encourage people to get excited about meeting and recruiting new companions again. As it stands, I might as well be recruiting reskins of companions I already have.

I started playing a couple of months after launch. I missed getting Founder title because I was still on the month that came with the game and I hadn't been charged yet. At least that's what the CS droid said. Still pissed about that, actually. I want the damn title!

Anyway, I ended up quitting while GSF was in closed beta. I was even in the Regulators group but it just wasn't awesome enough to get me to ignore the cartel market and how it sees the overwhelming majority of the new stuff while we are left earning the leftovers by subbing and playing.

What brought me back was the Nico companion subscriber reward. Finally, something cool for subs and not for the gambling whales. The expansion looked pretty neat, too, but it was the feeling that BW was finally recognizing subscribers with something special that got me hooked again.

I'm having a blast so far in KOTFE. I'm also very glad to see this survey. I have hope that BW will continue rewarding subscribers with unique swag. UNIQUE being the most important thing.

That is fine, for those who are newer to the game...

The only craft full of stuff that could drop that will help would be more content... I have all the mounts, armor, weapons, companions, and decos that I could really ever use, I do not need any more...

What I need is more content.

Think it's funny they made "1" the most favorite and "5" the least favorite. Wonder how many people read that wrong and made their votes backward :rolleyes:

At least in my experience, "on a scale of 1 to 5" means 1 is the least and 5 is the most lol.

Think it's funny they made "1" the most favorite and "5" the least favorite. Wonder how many people read that wrong and made their votes backward :rolleyes:

At least in my experience, "on a scale of 1 to 5" means 1 is the least and 5 is the most lol.

Well, they did clearly state that 1 is the most favorite, 5 is least. So if people are messing it up, it's because they didn't read that. The scale made sense to me, but I know that sometimes I will look at something completely backwards from others. What my dad and brother call the "front" of the garage, I would call the back.

The only thing that they can do is clearly state the scaling, which they did. Actually, I think that the term "scale" is not a good word choice here. It's not a scale; it's a ranking. I agree that if it were phrased as "on a scale of 1 to 5" that it would make sense for '1' to be least favorite and '5' to be most favorite. But since it is actually a ranking (as in first place, second place), it makes sense as-is.

Seriously, the Cartel packs were expensive enough without you taking all the good stuff out of them AND you nerf them down to TWO items. One item being a crappy companion gift. There are so many ways to get companion gifts in the game now! We don't need it to be junk items in the packs. Especially if we only get TWO items to begin with.

Dudes, just make them the way they use to be. Five items per pack.

Only thing funny is you're trying to read into something that isn't there.