WTB Musco! Rest of promised BLOGS???

dscount

Subject says it all... Mr. Musco has promised a flurry of Blogs on details around KoTFE.

Well.. besides the last couple of turd burgers we have not heard much.

We going to SEE anything this week or are we just going to play guessing games until next Tuesday?

• Operations - Explain how this rotating BIS gear is going to work?
  • Conquest changes - PVE repeatable added?
  • Crafting Mats - Can we get a list of what they converting into?
  • Alliance - Any details prior to go live on this?
  • Cartel Market - Armor was promised before go Live I think.
  • Level Sync - Any chance to make optional or address concerns?
  • Crafting Lost - Can we get schems moved or at least a chest provided of them please?
  • Achievo points lost - Can we get instant 1k companion kills for those that had 10k affection already?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i started getting concerned by the time it reached 2 weeks before early access, now its even more concerning being coming up to being exactly a week from early access. i would like to get some claficiation on the state of play with the game, and get a chance to digest the info. but bioware do not do these things when we ask of it, but rather on their own timetable. the chances are that this stuff may not even see the light of day until next week where its all blogs about the changes, 2 a day with the last blog being the alliance system on friday night. see what happens with this. Edited by Celise

Remember, the official 4.0 launch date is Oct. 27, 2015. I am pretty sure we will know about everything except for conquest changes by then.

Who knows, we might even get more information out of -eric by then, but I wouldn't count on it.

There won't come anything anymore.

Now is time for them to prepare everything for the big announcements when KotFE launches.

We got everything they had prepared.

I really wonder what the community team does all day. I don't believe that they are doing nothing. They surely are busy all day. But with what exactly? What takes so much of their time that they cannot even write a couple of blog posts?

I've been watching the livestreams, cantina's, etc. and the common conversation point constantly made by the BW team (Mr. Musco specifically) since KoTFE ANNOUNCEMENT was "... a BLOG coming on this"...

We have seen FOUR solid Blogs plus one for each CLASS change by groupings. All of these are more like "announcements" and some details being requested in mass by players shortly afterwards. (Count from "Community Blog" section)

I really want this game to excel, but it seems lately the more NEGATIVE something is, the closer to launch it gets released. With bombshells from last week(s) posts I'm almost afraid "What else is getting hosed"... :mad:

Half of your questions have been already answered.

FAIL

FAIL TO READ maybe.... on your part.

Please elaborate then as to the location of half these answered?

Where did the conversion list get posted?

Did we get a repeatable Conquest for PVE?

Did a blog about Alliance get posted?

Where is the CM armor then?

Are our lost schematics going to Archive instead or just GONE, etc.

Lots of QUESTIONS have not been answered in regard to what has been posted. I listed a mix of things that does not include EVERYTHING they have been promising "Blogs" about for last couple months.

Edited by dscount

Remember, the official 4.0 launch date is Oct. 27, 2015. I am pretty sure we will know about everything except for conquest changes by then.

Who knows, we might even get more information out of -eric by then, but I wouldn't count on it.

actually the 4.0 patch will come out on the 20th for everyone, just not the expansion unless u have early access.. People asking for info just wait a week it will all be ok. :D

actually the 4.0 patch will come out on the 20th for everyone, just not the expansion unless u have early access.. People asking for info just wait a week it will all be ok. :D

Congratulations, you discovered the well hidden super secret intent of my message. Good for you, lol.

"WTB"? Don't give them any ideas. Next thing you know,

"We're excited to announce a new cartel market feature; datapads with information on upcoming patches. Buy a datapad to unlock lore entries for your codex, filled to the brim with information of upcoming game features and changes."
Edited by Pscyon

Half of your questions have been already answered.

FAIL

This, not liking the answer received (see level scaling) isn't the same as not receiving an answer/ 4/8 things on that list are follow-ups to things they put out there. They promised more info on items before release- not every question/concern answered

Again, you're more than free to make posts asking for this info, but they aren't going back on what they said by not giving you full clarity before the release. I'd take everything they give as a little bit of teaser info. We'll know more in a week or so.

A lot of these things you're wanting information on isn't exactly critical knowledge we have to have prior to the launch of the expansion. About the only information that's not nit-picky and is actually relevant would be the Operations, Conquest, and Alliance points you made. The other 5 points you made have been either covered during the September 30th Live Stream (Level Sync details and both Crafting details), and the other 2 points have almost no affect on the game what-so-ever.

-Cartel Market: We were promised the Thexan Armor and Lightsaber prior to launch, which is October 27th, we've still got 2 weeks for those items to be added. For those that want to argue that Early Access is the launch, you can keep being stubborn, because they're not the same thing. If a requirement is needed to participate, it's NOT the launch of the expansion, it's merely a reward for being 'loyal' customers to Bioware.

- Achievement Points: Considering they didn't state this in the BLOG post they made referencing this, I'm 100% certain it will NOT convert to that given achievement. The only conversion related to those two achievements is the fact that, come 4.0, the Affection Achievements are being removed and their points are going to be added to the Kill Achievements granting them a higher achievement score.

Instead of 'demanding' details, why don't you check all your available resources, as the Dev Tracker isn't the only source of information we get. Check their Twitch feed, as a lot of the details you're wanting are actually covered in the September 30th Live Stream.

Love it when the white knights are defending less information distribution. When (if ever) do you people hold you're beloved Bioware accountable for anything? I need some of that Kool Aid.

I find that the taste of black knights' salty tears is so much better than kool-aid. But that's just me.

Love it when the white knights are defending less information distribution. When (if ever) do you people hold you're beloved Bioware accountable for anything? I need some of that Kool Aid.

When they actually do something worth being held accountable for and I don't consider them not releasing information on YOUR time table to fall under that category.

BTW, I love when people like you have to resort to using name calling to try and justify your position.

I really wonder what the community team does all day. I don't believe that they are doing nothing. They surely are busy all day. But with what exactly? What takes so much of their time that they cannot even write a couple of blog posts?

Having been a community manager and having worked for game companies in a QA capacity, and thus interacting with community managers, I've wondered that here as well, to be honest.

One major thing that community managers do is plan events and contests for the community player base. That would be the Cantina events, as just one example.

Another major thing community managers do is work to find interesting ways to have the community interact with the team so as to increase the brand popularity. It also usually falls on the community managers to figure out the best ways to communicate on social media or web sites. This is different from marketing; you're not marketing the game -- instead you are representing the game.

Community managers have to spend a LOT of time reading what the community has to say about the game. This is from multiple sources: forums like this one, social networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc), gaming blogs, and so on. Their job is to distill that information and get it back to the development team. And, in most cases, that's a two-way street: you represent the development team to the community, usually anticipating questions, providing answers and follow-ups and so on.

This Q&A post here actually explains it quite well and certainly matches up with my experiences: http://www.ea.com/news/breaking-into-the-industry-jessica-merizan. Do note that in some companies -- and even divisions within companies -- Social Media Manager and Community Manager are entirely different functions. In other cases, they are conflated.

I listed a couple examples folks not an itemized list by event it was said, but yes some are follow up questions. You BW fan boy's are just in full force today. What? Did I say mean words to the community management team that hurt your feelings? Heaven forbid they do what they are supposed to be doing... and I don't know... maybe COMMUNICATE. I'm asking for the promised blogs and some follow up to questions asked by several people in the various forums. Can't help it if they never ANSWER said forums they are supposed to be supporting daily.

BUT the theme of almost every communication event (Livestream, Cantina) over the last couple of months has been "BLOG coming soon" and we are still missing a few of them.

WHY is it other MMO's can publish details MONTHS in advance and we are a week out pending information still?

This is just plain poor community management. They are making promises and never follow up on them.

I think there will be a blog this week, not sure it will answer all your questions but hopefully at least a few.

I too would like some sort of response about level-sync but lets be realistic if any changes are made it wont be this coming update.

Still even if there is no update/blog its not long to wait till the 20th, even if it's a little disappointing if there is no blog.

I don't know if it's shills or not but I do know shilling is a very real concept and has been used by gaming companies in the past. You would have to be pretty foolish to just dismiss it as a possibility and that is from either side of the argument.

Fanboys paid by the business.... say it isn't so. Man this month must be costing them a LOT of money then for all the PRO Level-Sync groupies and "let's wait on see" crowd. LOL

Paid trolls.. that sounds less likely.

Musco isn't under his desk... he is sitting for a another video as ARCANN's twin brother. BWHAHAHA :D

We would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you pesky kids!