WTB Musco! Rest of promised BLOGS???

dscount

Let me take a crack at some of these!

• Great question. Each week, one hard mode Operation is designated as a "High-Priority Target," players can see which Operation this is by visiting the fleet and visiting the FP/Op section. There you will find a Target Analysis Computer with a holo version of the last boss of the Op with text specifying the Op, the boss will also have a buff indicating this inside the Op. Under normal circumstances, a HM boss will be dropping ilvl 220. If they are the High-Priority Target, they will also drop ilvl 224 in addition to their normal drops.
  • No PvE repeatable has been added with 4.0. However, the team is looking at possibly adding this in the future.
  • This was answered to an extent in the Crafting changes blog. We have a list of all of the materials being removed in that blog, they will be collapsed into the relevant material of the same grade.
  • I explained a bit about this on the livestream. We have some press folks who are doing reporting on Alliance, and IIRC they are releasing their coverage on Early Access launch day, the 20th. Our plan is to match that with our own blog on Alliance around the same time.
  • I realize your post is a few days old, but Thexan's armor is now live on the CM :)
  • No plans that I know of to make this optional.
  • Older Crafting patterns that were impacted by the Mastery changes, or shared duplicate purpose, have been removed. Older Crafting patterns that still had a cosmetic appearance, have been moved to an Archive section. This is also affected by the other changes noted in the Crafting blog (such as changes to who crafts what)
  • There are no plans to auto-grant the kill Achievements. However, we do realize that this could mean some players will lose Achievement points in 4.0 (or gain them, if they already have the kill Achievements)

Hopefully that covers your questions!

-eric

Thank you for taking the time Eric, appreciated.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for being slow, but I can't seem to get what in the world people have against the level sync. If you saw the life stream where Eric showed how it worked, you saw that even though you are a low level, you will still easily be able to do the quest without being killed all the time. At the same time, you will be able to play these quests while helping low level friends. Plus, you get rewarded according to your level, instead of gear you have no use for, no XP (if you are below 65) and it's a decent credit level.

What in the world is everyones problem? Instead of complaining about it before you try it out for yourself, you should give it a chance before dooming the game ahead of time. Or just complain, because you need to complain about something, because there are other reasons you are unsatisfied with the game for. There's nothing wrong with introducing changes to the way the game is played and this could actually be a very good change. In particular because it would mean you could return to low level planets and do quests while being awarded according to your level. That is awesome in my opinion.

Plus, as others have already pointed out, just because there are people who complain about it, it doesn't automatically make it the entire community. I rarely visit the forums and there are probably a lot of others who don't visit the forum regularly.

I'm actually shocked that he even bothered posting in this thread.

That. Surprising indeed. But a good sort of surprise. Any communication is better than none.

I am for level sync thanks for doing what the community wants!

Eh... what? Level sync isn't being added because the community asked for it. I don't remember anyone asking for it? They were adding it all on their own, just so happens a large part of the forum-going community likes it and a large part of the forum-going community dislikes it.

May I ask about the color crystals in Artifice then? Since they aren't really affected by Mastery changes and could be considered to have important cosmetic appearances, does that mean they'll be completely unaffected? I'd hate to lose my cyan and purple schematics or be unable to learn those that I haven't yet (black-red, etc.) once the update drops.

I don't think we have any reason to fear our crystal schematics being affected at all. The notes on what is affected in crafting is very spesific and we only lose enhancements iirc.

Edited by Pscyon

Sorry for being slow, but I can't seem to get what in the world people have against the level sync. If you saw the life stream where Eric showed how it worked, you saw that even though you are a low level, you will still easily be able to do the quest without being killed all the time. At the same time, you will be able to play these quests while helping low level friends. Plus, you get rewarded according to your level, instead of gear you have no use for, no XP (if you are below 65) and it's a decent credit level.

What in the world is everyones problem? Instead of complaining about it before you try it out for yourself, you should give it a chance before dooming the game ahead of time. Or just complain, because you need to complain about something, because there are other reasons you are unsatisfied with the game for. There's nothing wrong with introducing changes to the way the game is played and this could actually be a very good change. In particular because it would mean you could return to low level planets and do quests while being awarded according to your level. That is awesome in my opinion.

Plus, as others have already pointed out, just because there are people who complain about it, it doesn't automatically make it the entire community. I rarely visit the forums and there are probably a lot of others who don't visit the forum regularly.

It's not optional. Go play other RPG games, the difficulty level is optional. Optional being the key sticking point on level sync (for me, I don't pretend to speak for everybody else.)

• Great question. Each week, one hard mode Operation is designated as a "High-Priority Target," players can see which Operation this is by visiting the fleet and visiting the FP/Op section. There you will find a Target Analysis Computer with a holo version of the last boss of the Op with text specifying the Op, the boss will also have a buff indicating this inside the Op. Under normal circumstances, a HM boss will be dropping ilvl 220. If they are the High-Priority Target, they will also drop ilvl 224 in addition to their normal drops.
  • No PvE repeatable has been added with 4.0. However, the team is looking at possibly adding this in the future.
  • This was answered to an extent in the Crafting changes blog. We have a list of all of the materials being removed in that blog, they will be collapsed into the relevant material of the same grade.
  • I explained a bit about this on the livestream. We have some press folks who are doing reporting on Alliance, and IIRC they are releasing their coverage on Early Access launch day, the 20th. Our plan is to match that with our own blog on Alliance around the same time.
  • I realize your post is a few days old, but Thexan's armor is now live on the CM :)
  • Older Crafting patterns that were impacted by the Mastery changes, or shared duplicate purpose, have been removed. Older Crafting patterns that still had a cosmetic appearance, have been moved to an Archive section. This is also affected by the other changes noted in the Crafting blog (such as changes to who crafts what)
  • There are no plans to auto-grant the kill Achievements. However, we do realize that this could mean some players will lose Achievement points in 4.0 (or gain them, if they already have the kill Achievements)

-eric

Thanks for the update, Eric. I am so dying a bit inside everyday as I wait for KoTFE. Going to be such a fun expansion and base for the future of SW:TOR!:rak_03:

• Dev Post
Eric, can you clarify 2 things for me if possible.

So does that mean only the last boss of the instance will be buffed and drop a 224 or will all bosses in instance receive such buff and drop a 224 instead of 220. Second, will the drop be the equivalent of the respective HM (I.E. Revan HM buffed drops a 224 MH) or is it random?

Thanks.

Sure thing!

Each boss will drop 224, not just the final boss. Also, each boss is assigned a specific piece, it is not random.

-eric

As much as I hate this level sync thing, it can't be optional. If it is going to be implemented it has to be forced because otherwise it will unbalance the game and eventually won't be utilized because of said imbalance. The actual argument should be implement or not, and we both know this is going to be implemented.

This x100

I have been saying this since it was mearly a rumor, this is an All in or Not system. You can't rattle the fense on this because it will do more damage than good giving it an option for your exact reason. If bioware is serious about it has to Go all in and not give an option. It's either do it or don't do it at all.

Are you serious?

Not only you force players into level sync, no, to get your points for your personal rewards you force players to do PVP/GSF too.

Have you guys ever thought about that there are players/guilds out there who don't like PVP/GSF but like to mess with other guilds at conquest?

You took players the chance to get their points through heroics because they can just be done once per week (if there is a conquest goal to do heroics).

You took players the chance to get their points through crafting.

Most of the players don´t have time to run 3 GF FPs per day and do some OPs.

You ruin the game for many players for a couple of players who eventually like these changes...

Sure thing!

Each boss will drop 224, not just the final boss. Also, each boss is assigned a specific piece, it is not random.

-eric

Does the buff you mentioned is an actual buff as in it increases the power of the boss? Or it is just a visual indicator to inform the players?

It's not optional. Go play other RPG games, the difficulty level is optional. Optional being the key sticking point on level sync (for me, I don't pretend to speak for everybody else.)

I don't play any other RPG games or MMO games for that matter, and don't intend to, so wouldn't know.

I just think it seems unfair, that people judge a system, that has not been tried in the full community, just because they don't agree with the devs on it being optional or not. In my oppinion, it's not an excuse for dooming the game on behalf of the part of the community who does not give their opinion. I know you don't, but others seem very busy in doing so.

Are you serious?

Not only you force players into level sync, no, to get your points for your personal rewards you force players to do PVP/GSF too.

Have you guys ever thought about that there are players/guilds out there who don't like PVP/GSF but like to mess with other guilds at conquest?

You took players the chance to get their points through heroics because they can just be done once per week (if there is a conquest goal to do heroics).

You took players the chance to get their points through crafting.

Most of the players don´t have time to run 3 GF FPs per day and do some OPs.

You ruin the game for many players for a couple of players who eventually like these changes...

You guys know you can reach personal conquest goals just by doing PvE it's just not repeatable. but do a daily, a fp, an ops, kill some NPCs and do heroics and you can easily reach your conquest goal without even touching GSF or PvP, especially since all the personal goals are getting nerfed minus a few rare events

It's a bit overreaction on your part I believe.

You guys know you can reach personal conquest goals just by doing PvE it's just not repeatable. but do a daily, a fp, an ops, kill some NPCs and do heroics and you can easily reach your conquest goal without even touching GSF or PvP, especially since all the personal goals are getting nerfed minus a few rare events

It's a bit overreaction on your part I believe.

I agree. It's a bid overreacting. I don't PVP and I've maxed my conquest a couple of times. It can be done.

Ok, then tell me how to win a conquest without PVP/GSF...

Personal conquest win or conquer planet win?

They lowering the points needed for personal conq, shouldn't be a problem.

How to win a planet? Same as before, minus crafting.

Eric can you clarify what the drop will be from nightmare mode? Will Nightmare drop 224 gear the whole time?

They will. Per the Operations and Flashpoints in Fallen Empire DevBlog:

Nightmare Mode will also be available for all the Operations that had it previously, and will reward the same as the highlighted Hard Mode, as all the unique mounts and titles available currently.

(Note: the "all the Operations that had it previously" bit is outdated since EV & KP will not be getting NiMs.)

Edited by DarthDymond

For PVP servers, it makes perfect sense. No more 65s prowling around on low level players.
it's a pvp server, why are people requiring protection from pvp on a pvp server? the only reason to play on one is to be flagged at all times. furthermore a 65 in pvp gear will melt a lvl 30 player, synced or not.

With 4.0 you can only craft 1(!!!!!) time per acount(!!!!!) for points.

With 4.0 the heroics can only be done 1 time per week.

For players who don´t have tanks or healers it take pretty much time to clear the 3 GF FPs per day.

What about players who just can play in the early morning hours before they go to work?

What about players with family who don´t have that much time?

At moment it´s no problem for anyone to reach theit goal but with 4.0 it will become much harder...

Hey Eric, mind telling us what the prices of sixties will be, if not too much of a hassle? Been waiting for the answer to that for a long time now, and it's really close to launch.. can you clarify at this point? Thanks!

During the life stream Eric said it was still being calculated or something like that.

-eric

Thank you for information Eric,

good to know about operation drops, seems sensful. Also it is great news for me and guildies the level sync is not considered to become optional as we think the optionality would destroy half advantages (so as far for us, they listened to community well :-) )

As for achievement lost, I have still hope that deleted achievements will be moved to archive or compensated somehow, it was a bit of work to get them ... not that it is gamebreaker, isnt it, but hurts :-)