WTB Musco! Rest of promised BLOGS???

dscount

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're still working on a blog post describing which blogs they will be blogging for the blogosphere. They keep getting stuck on the 'Let's go get some tacos first.' step.

LOL.. dang it.. now I want taco's for lunch. GG ikinai... :D

Someone else just mentioned "Taco Tuesday" as well.

They aren't fanboys, they are shills. When a company has a terrible reputation, they hire a positive online presence. Nothing new

Forum trolling / fanboying

According to Forbes, last year at least 200.000 people were paid by some gaming company to troll fan forums of a specific game or to continuously post positive feedback about their own game(s). This is apparently also a rapidly growing market, and with MMO-C being one of the largest WoW forums, it would only make sense that some of these 'professional trolls or paid fans' might also regularly post here, either under indirect contract by Blizzard, or by other companies. (EA apparently is the biggest spender when it comes to hiring professional forum trolls to cause bad publicity on forums of other games).

If you are suggesting what I think that you are suggesting, the FTC has an app for that.

FTC Paper -> The FTC’s Endorsement Guides: What People Are Asking

Are you monitoring bloggers?

Generally not, but if concerns about possible violations of the FTC Act come to our attention, we’ll evaluate them case by case. If law enforcement becomes necessary, our focus usually will be on advertisers or their ad agencies and public relations firms. Action against an individual endorser, however, might be appropriate in certain circumstances.

Edited by Bristol

I can totally accept that people like this game. However if you are content of the cadence of information you have to be ignorant of how other MMO's disseminate information MONTHS in advance or literally as soon as they are able.

http://www.mmo-champion.com

Go here and marvel at the information that is shared daily. Look at the dev posts, tweets, population percetanges, completion percentages,statistics, future releases ....Or don't, say SWTOR is as good as it gets, don't look around, don't ask for change and accept what they give you.

So your on a star wars forum linking another game. interesting.

Edited by VarKoE

Oh man, the 'if someone disagrees with me, they must be getting paid to do so' line is just hilarious. There are hundreds of thousands of people playing this game. No matter what your opinion is, chances are there are a few people who believe the exact opposite - no financial incentive necessary.

They're still working on a blog post describing which blogs they will be blogging for the blogosphere. They keep getting stuck on the 'Let's go get some tacos first.' step.

Dammit, now I've got a craving for Mexican food. :p

Dammit, now I've got a craving for Mexican food. :p

I reccomend Joses Blue Sombrero :D

(Was there last night, they had a live band that was going table to table playing for everyone, did a really good cover of

for the table behind us) Edited by XiamaraSimi

It is interesting how much one can think about to put into my words. Your imagination must be great.

What I said: I enjoy the game. I do like it and believe that the information I have is enough to consider giving KotFE more than a fleeting chance.

What I didn't say: This game has the best communication of all games out there! This is 5* and everything else is inferior.

That means your whole post is...how to put this? Pointless. Being content with information is not the same as being oblivious that other MMORPGs have more or less communication going on. Just because I'm content doesn't mean I don't acknowledge that other MMOs have more (or sometimes less) communication.

Now that you are done missinterpreting my words and putting words into my mouth, can we return to the discussion? Because assuming what you did up there just to disagree and try to make a point is boring.

I love this point. It's like in family guy, arguing with a mule whom is convinced Kevin bacon isn't in footloose.

A lot of these things you're wanting information on isn't exactly critical knowledge we have to have prior to the launch of the expansion. About the only information that's not nit-picky and is actually relevant would be the Operations, Conquest, and Alliance points you made. The other 5 points you made have been either covered during the September 30th Live Stream (Level Sync details and both Crafting details), and the other 2 points have almost no affect on the game what-so-ever....

We've known everything we've "needed" to know since June. However, we've been assured several times we would get more than we have now (and that we would have received the info we now have much sooner than we got it) and that's the problem. Most of the streams and announcements have basically just been slimey/cheap teasers and commercials. I feel like I've been forced to watch a used car sales team. Does the car have a good engine or performance or reliability or any of the features that competing models do? No! But it has what everyone has been asking for for years! More class stories! Sorta. But nevermind: here, watch this Blur video!

Edited by Savej

We know everything we've "needed" to know since June. However, we've been assured several times we would get more than we have now (and that we would have received the info we now have much sooner than we got it) and that's the problem. Most of the streams and announcements have basically just been slimey/cheap teasers and commercials. I feel like I've been forced to watch a used car sales team. Does the car have a good engine or performance or reliability or any of the features that competing models do? No! But it has what everyone has been asking for for years! More class stories! Sorta. But nevermind: here, watch this Blur video!

Can we also talk how they announced that details on character Alliance would come around Gamescom time? I get plans changing and maybe saving 'the best for last' but c'mon, 1 week till release lol :rak_02:

Edited by Pietrastor

Can we also talk how they announced that details on character Alliance would come around Gamescom time? I get plans changing and maybe saving 'the best for last' but c'mon, 1 week till release lol :rak_02:

I searched for this today and noticed that they have not posted the blog about alliances yet. It would be a good thing to know a bit more about this before launch.

I searched for this today and noticed that they have not posted the blog about alliances yet. It would be a good thing to know a bit more about this before launch.

Due to an unfortunate accident in the Super Secret Lab of SWtOR, Musco had a terrible thing occur. He was stricken with the inability to see the letter a for a couple of seconds while reading your post, and misread launch as lunch and said, 'Yes! Lunch, it's time for more tacos!' and off they went on a quest for more tacos. Conga line style. Out the front door. They are still wandering the streets of Austin, looking for tacos, in a long conga line.

last time Eric posted on the forum was exactly a week ago according to dev blogs. last time anyone official posted was 6 days ago. they have been very quiet the past week.

the latest twitter feed has an advertisement about recent cartel packs and that was 15 minutes from the time stamp on this reply.

Edited by Celise

Agreed... the time between yellow posts has been getting gradually WORSE. Nothing new for a week and we release in a week. :mad:

I sure hope our "Super secret Squirrel contact" is right about a LOT more details coming this week. LOL

SOON of course

Edited by dscount

Agreed... the time between yellow posts has been getting gradually WORSE. Nothing new for a week and we release in a week. :mad:

I sure hope our "Super secret Squirrel contact" is right about a LOT more details coming this week. LOL

SOON of course

You'll find out more info next week.