Crafting Changes in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might be right. I not a SW fan myself. I liked the first 2 that came out and nothing after. I prefer Farscape and Firefly tbh. Still I think SWTOR will get a lot of folks who want to get their Jedi on.

Yeah, I don't really have a good guess as to how the new movie would affect the number of players in this game.

It seems likely it would gain some attention, but that could partly be due to the fact that there aren't really a lot of options (other than Battlefront and some mobile games).

At least we should get our credits back for recipes that are being taken away and the level cap bumps that wont be there moving forward. Might not mean much to a lot of people but returning players don't have millions of credits stockpiled.

I don't understand WHY they can't just ARCHIVE the Enhancements. Yes I understand they are all "Mastery" now, but at least give use the OLDER ones for FREE some how (Purple equals I mean).

Just seems pretty darn silly that they delete and not replace or archive in some fashion to allow us to make the older stuff still (Even in new format).

Biochems will still be able to make Implants from previous tiers as well Cybertech MOD's, Artificers Hilts, Armstech barrels, etc.

Yeah, I don't really have a good guess as to how the new movie would affect the number of players in this game.

It seems likely it would gain some attention, but that could partly be due to the fact that there aren't really a lot of options (other than Battlefront and some mobile games).

True. I can't think of any besides that. If the movie does really well I think it will increase the interest in a game like SWTOR.

I really don't do raids.

But I'm kinda unhappy with the new changes. Disappointed with Bioware. Just annoyed. Its takes a lot for my to be annoyed.

I don't do raids also. It is just till 4.0 actually hits the servers the possibility for them changing on certain portions exist.

If you remember the first Beta 2 builds prior to launch there were many changes.

I really don't do raids.

But I'm kinda unhappy with the new changes. Disappointed with Bioware. Just annoyed. Its takes a lot for my to be annoyed.

Well no dev postings at all since 10/7/15.... And the last round of announcements raised more questions than answers. [sarcasm] But then they have 'always' been so truthful and forthcoming about changes because nothing says open and honest like EA Bioware! [/sarcasm] All this and we are a week before launch.

New story - cool. Everything else not so much.

Kind of wish Vegas would offer bets on a successful launch because I am about to put my money on "Epic Fail!"

New story - cool. Everything else not so much.

I just don't get why there needs to be sweeping changes of this nature to the crafting system. I play solo or with a small group of friends mostly, and I play with a Jedi. With artifice I can at least mod my own lightsabers etc. and I can get some of the synthweaving stuff from a friend. The GTN is underutilized and has unrealistic prices, and I don't see that changing.

Now I can craft 1 less component for my gear and instead of simplifying an already straight forward crafting system (compared to some MMOs I've played), they are making it quite complex. Plus it almost sounds like there will be components you can only buy from vendors, which I haven't struck so far (310 artifice).

Prototype base gear also greatly decreases the value of reverse engineering.

Will have to see (read: live with it) in action, but I'm not overly excited...

I was away for a few days and apparently missed this new blog about the crafting changes, but let me get this straight.

I'm going to lose all of the re'd purple schematics that I've spent millions of credits and countless hours of time to get?

As someone who has every crafting profession up to 500 and most of the usable schematics re'd to all purple variants this is something that's gonna make me so pissed that i'm already sharpening my pitchfork and preparing my torches. On top of this the new armors and stuff require materials from operations or conquest and conquest is going to be disabled for a month. UN - BE - LIEVEABLE!

I also don't see the point of mixing the craftable gear types between the professions. Not to mention why all the professions that were able to craft old primary stat gear (like augments) shouldn't be able to make the new mastery stuff.

Oh well... the more i hear about the changes coming in KotFE, the more i feel i've wasted my time and money by keeping my sub open after that dreadful skill tree change which already would have driven me away from this game if this was about anything else than star wars.

I was away for a few days and apparently missed this new blog about the crafting changes, but let me get this straight.

I'm going to lose all of the re'd purple schematics that I've spent millions of credits and countless hours of time to get?

As someone who has every crafting profession up to 500 and most of the usable schematics re'd to all purple variants this is something that's gonna make me so pissed that i'm already sharpening my pitchfork and preparing my torches. On top of this the new armors and stuff require materials from operations or conquest and conquest is going to be disabled for a month. UN - BE - LIEVEABLE!

I also don't see the point of mixing the craftable gear types between the professions. Not to mention why all the professions that were able to craft old primary stat gear (like augments) shouldn't be able to make the new mastery stuff.

Oh well... the more i hear about the changes coming in KotFE, the more i feel i've wasted my time and money by keeping my sub open after that dreadful skill tree change which already would have driven me away from this game if this was about anything else than star wars.

If you really did all that for your crafting professions then BW has indeed made sure you wasted your time to build up those schematics.

BW design these days is taking stuff away so you have to regrind it. Crafting, some achievements and companions it seems and they went a step farther to make sure you regrind 4 year old heroics as well.

How can it be you're not overjoyed at the thought of that?

I've been noticing some worrying changes in some NPCs, which already has me wondering about how long I will still play the game. Now with the crafting changes in addition to companion changes, which I don't like, chances are I won't be playing and at least subscribing for long! I don't believe in wasting my hard earned cash.

Agree with every single word.

What the F...!!! SWTOR becomes worse and worse with every change BW makes! Now they are taking away the possibility to craft more or less decent gear from those players who do not want to spam +12 chars and play only 2-3. I really do not understand what was bad in the existing system!

I really don't get it.

They will make level just a number. Ok, I can live with that. They will delete stat system. It's worse but still newbie like me who focus on story can live even with that. They will delete companions combat personality. It's sad but hey... be healed by guy in heavy armor with swod bigger then you... It must be fun, right? Now they add that they will delete part of the crafting. I don't like it but I understand that they want to force people to buy stuff on the cartel market = give them real money. By playing this game you don't give them any (I know We all already did but in general I mean).

Question is: Why?

Why they make so many changes which a lot of people don't like or even hate? Why they don't focus on server capacity, game stability and just get ready for a wave of new players which brings new SW movie?

Now when new player comes he will hear all about "good old days when this game was great". He will assume this game sucks and goes to the hell and not even start to play it. I don't get it why they want to bring atmosphere like this.

Just give us new stories, better server capacity, repair few bugs and everybody will be happy. It's simple.:rolleyes:

I really don't get it.

They will make level just a number. Ok, I can live with that. They will delete stat system. It's worse but still newbie like me who focus on story can live even with that. They will delete companions combat personality. It's sad but hey... be healed by guy in heavy armor with swod bigger then you... It must be fun, right? Now they add that they will delete part of the crafting. I don't like it but I understand that they want to force people to buy stuff on the cartel market = give them real money. By playing this game you don't give them any (I know We all already did but in general I mean).

Question is: Why?

Why they make so many changes which a lot of people don't like or even hate? Why they don't focus on server capacity, game stability and just get ready for a wave of new players which brings new SW movie?

Now when new player comes he will hear all about "good old days when this game was great". He will assume this game sucks and goes to the hell and not even start to play it. I don't get it why they want to bring atmosphere like this.

Just give us new stories, better server capacity, repair few bugs and everybody will be happy. It's simple.:rolleyes:

Well said.

Some of the servers are still buggy. There still a lot of bugs and glitches and issues in the old, even the original content. "Story flags" on characters are broken in some key places. Space PvE and GSF PvP are both neglected. Etc.

But they keep rushing off to the next thing they can make completely random changes to, instead of fixing what they've already built.

A house with a foundation of sand...

Edited by Max_Killjoy

So I guess I can finally ditch Bio-chem upon all but one alt and pick up a skill that will actually have some practical value now.

YUP, BUT in typical bioware fashion you are PUNISHED as a long time player for having made a rational decision in using re-usable packs, stims, etc through the majority of your leveling process. They not only take these away completely but they also then make you start, FROM SCRATCH a new crafting skill.

Whereas a 'New 60' gets crafting skills of their choice (just choose the class correctly) with all the new crafting skills at 500, even though they didn't do a lick of work for them and even though crafting is 'optional' and not required to level to 60, etc.

so the 'New 60' has a better crafting experience than a 4 year player after 4.0.

Which is why I suggested that _at the very least_ anyone who has a skill in anything at 500 should be able to 'unlearn' it and pick up a new skill at 500 for a reasonable time after the release of 4.0

So basically they state they want to make SWTOR more solo friendly and more like a single player game then turn around and say BUT.....we still want to force you to do group content so no good crafting unless you run ops. Which is it? If you want to make this a single player mmo then DO IT already. I have NEVER understood how any mmo will use crafting or any other thing that can be accomplished solo to make you group. I don't run ops, I don't like ops and I don't ever want to look at another op. I like to be self sufficient....plus I do stuff in the real world, like work and stuff so what little time I get to play online I prefer to spend just having fun. I just left a different mmo for punishing it's players for actually having a real life and I'd rather not leave this game so soon. I guess I'll have to wait and see but it really irritates me that I've spent SO MUCH TIME AND EFFORT working on my crafting just for it all to be flushed down the tube like this. So basically my lv. 60 gets NO benefits from this. I can craft the same crappy gear that everyone else will have and put up for sale. I can RE it to the next "not as crappy" tier but will always be behind the curve unless I dedicate time to running ops which are something I do NOT want to run. I don't enjoy them any more than I enjoy Huttball which is why I don't do them. Why make it so you need group content to complete solo content? Imagine if you couldn't complete your personal class storyline without an item from an ops. Do you think people would enjoy that? You know these items are going to sell for millions in the AH because it's prices are insanely bloated and that's no fun for anyone, especially not new players.

But let's take a look at some of the good things:

•All crafted armor is Adaptive

Okay that's awesome right? Now I can totally gear all of my companions so they can all have good stats...........Oh wait, they're removing the need for gear on companions so what exactly is the point in this again? I mean is this just so my sorcerer can run around and look like a bounty hunter. If so that's awesome because there's totally no other way to make my character look like he wants to look. Maybe if we had some type of appearance designer or something but since we don't......... :confused:

I've already got a set of adaptive armor, so do all my alts. Heck they all come with five different sets these days. Maybe if you'd make it Legacy I could get excited. This sort of, kind of, possibly benefits new players but not so much old players.

•Enhancements can no longer be crafted by Artificers, and are now exclusive to Cybertechs. •For these specific examples, these Crafting patterns have been completely removed from their respective Crafting Skill.

Wow thanks so much. I really enjoyed spending years re'ing all my enhancements to get them purple just so one day I couldn't ever make them. That's why we all spend hours and hours doing this, just so you can take them away and make us regrind something new. Hooray for having to re-grind stuff and for losing weeks and months of my life.

So Cybertechs gain ONE more thing that they can craft. I mean don't you think they do enough already? They make everything. Do cybertechs really need one more thing to craft? Way to go and get rid of nearly the only reason everyone loves having an artificer.

The ONLY reason I chose Artificer was so I could craft Enhancements and my Artificer is the ONLY character I've worked super hard on.

What the heck happens to all of my Midlithe Crystals now? Are they going to be turned into something else? Should I just sell them why I can. I've spent months gathering up as many as I could. I'm going to be very unhappy if they're exchanged for some common item that's not worth the same amount.

And finally:

•Harvesting Nodes can now be harvested regardless of your skill level.

• Harvesting Nodes will now grant Skill Increases regardless of the Node or your skill level.

• Harvesting Nodes grant different amounts of materials based on the player’s skill level. Players that are below the skill level of the

Yay because the One thing SWTOR lacks is a ton of bots. This way all the lv 10 bots can just harvest high end materials from nodes. Think how much fun this is going to be on Yavin. Seriously who's even coming up with this stuff? I don't mind most of the other changes and I'm actually open about wanting to try them but why open up any gathering node to any level? I mean how many of you just sat there wishing, "Man I sure wish I could go gather stuff on Makeb with my lv. 2 Bounty Hunter". Also they do realize that there is a skill node every two inches on Yavin right? Why bother to hunt them down sporadically in other zones when you can hit max level in one hour on Yavin? Unless they're going to add more to other planets and take a few away from there. I get they want and need to make it more accessible to new players but don't make the same mistakes that Star Wars Galaxies made. In their attempt to wow (pun intended) the new players they revamped everything.....and it sucked. They then lost all of their old players without gaining any new players and the rest is history.

I hope this stuff works out better than I'm thinking but for now I'm a bit worried. I like some of it but surely there had to be some way to change things without taking away? It just feels like being slapped in the face at this point to lose all that hard work I did. If I was gaining something in the process it wouldn't be so bad but I just don't see how any of this is going to help my character. If nothing else it's more restrictive than what we had. No enhancements, all the items I re'd are useless. Do you know how many crafting components I've used trying to re some items? If you're going to take something away from a crafting tree then please add something of equal or better value to it. I wouldn't mind so bad if they had made my enhancements Bind on pickup or traded them for some augments or just something that my character alone could use. I've had this character since before day 1. I've left and come back and he and his crafting have always been here waiting on me. Like I said the enhancements were the MAIN reason I chose Artificer and now that's all gone. Imagine if Armormech could no longer craft, you know armor. Or if you suddenly took the ability to create ship upgrades away from Cybertech and gave it to Synthweavers or something. A Cybertech can already make augments, ship upgrades, speeder bikes, mods, armor, ear pieces, gear, grenades. I mean really why not just take it all and give it to them or better yet just get rid of every other one and keep Cybertech and Biotech? I really hate being forced to play a certain class or to use a certain crafter because you'll want me to. I avoided Biochem and Biotech when everyone loved it but now I'm going to have to do Cybertech just so I can make......heck anything I guess. Really makes me beyond grumpy. :rak_02:

Whoa... Wut... How... Why o_O????!!!???

I just read this developer blog, and although I'm looking forward to many of the quality of life improvements, I also had a major FU Bioware moment.

Armorings can no longer be crafted by Cybertechs.

Armorings are the specific reason I choose Cybertech for one of my toons!!! And you want to remove that from her???

Enhancements can no longer be crafted by Artificers, and are now exclusive to Cybertechs.

My main is an artificer with a very well developed enhancement catalog. He's just gonna lose that now? Just like that? After all the time/credits I spend on it? With nothing in return? Does my cybertech toon get all of my main's enhancements schematics then? Does my underdeveloped synthweaver get all my cybertech's armorings schematics for that matter? Has this been thought through??? AT ALL??? BY SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN OR COMMON SENSE?????

The best thing to do at this point is to completely scrap the idea of nixing schematics from professions. Or, if you're so dead-set on giving synthweavers access to armorings and cybertechs access to enhancements, then do just that, but don't remove crafting of these items from cybertechs and artificers. "but then these items will not be exclusive to a profession" you say? So what! The mess you're planning now is far worse! I'm looking for a solution here.

Also, while you're working on quality of life improvements regarding crafting, how about the following while you're at it:

When reverse-engineering with a 20% chance fails on a specific item, have that chance increase another 20% each time a copy of that same item gets reverse-engineered so that by the time 4 fails happen the 5th time is a guaranteed 100% success. You know, to simulate your toon learning at least something from reverse-engineering the same item multiple times and us players not having to sacrifice so many babies to RNGesus in the hope of getting a successful result on reverse-engineering way before the usual statistically undesired 30th attempt.

Make dyes reverse-engineerable. All of them! Yes, that includes the vendor and cartel ones too!!!

LOL Artifice nerfed instead of being buffed... maybe take hilts as well, give us B&B and W&W dyes and we will become painters instead of artificers since color crystals are useless anyway.

They'll probably be giving hilts to Cybertech eventually anyway. Might as well at this point.

So as a guardian and mara being my mains i learned synthweaving and artifice...

Artifice - crystals have been useless a while now because they were put into the cartel market which makes crystal creating pointless which leaves us with dyes and again can be bought of the cartel market so that leaves us with enhancements but noo they have been taken. So basically artifice is now pointless.

Synthweaving - splitting up the augs evenly isn't easy, that is understandable but i can't help but feel giving mastery augments to one crafter isn't really fair. It is the primary stat augment and should be able to be made by all.

To sum up this problem i would suggest making artifice able to craft augments. This means amormech, armstech, synthweaving and artifice get 2 secondary augments each and the third augment would be the mastery stat. It also makes sense that artifice loosing a major crafting section gains something that will encourage people to actually learn it. Armstech get to craft them why shouldn't artifice.

I have every crafting ability learned anyway, some of them not to full but not far off, I see some imbalance here in terms of crafting.

What do other people think?

Oh wow, I just read your post and I suddenly realized that I wouldn't be playing this game either if it wasn't Star Wars. How bad is that? What does that actually say about this game? (or me :o)?