Mandatory Level Sync, dumbest idea ever...No POINT in having a level based system.

Suromir

And level sync isn't just Bioware's idea. For instance Bathesda uses it in their Elder Scrolls Games where the mobs all level with the player. And no one thinks any of the elder scrolls games are fun, right?

That's always one of the first things I mod out of Elder Scrolls games, and is one of the most common complaints made about the ES games in any forum discussing them. As such, I don't think that citing Elder Scrolls as an example in this case is helping your argument at all.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's always one of the first things I mod out of Elder Scrolls games, and is one of the most common complaints made about the ES games in any forum discussing them. As such, I don't think that citing Elder Scrolls as an example in this case is helping your argument at all.

Then they must have done a terrible job on Morrowind and earlier, as one of the reasons I didn't like those games was because of how quickly you became godlike.

TES comparison isn't valid since the level scaling was in Oblivion/Skyrim since day 1. They weren't patched in at a later date, overwriting allready existing areas. Nor are those games MMORPGs. So stick with GW2 (or any other MMORPG that has level sync/scaling) if doing comparisons in that area.

Makes post about how we can't know how the playerbase feels, then ends it with claim that we know the playerbase feels fine about levelsync....

Oh the irony given you are doing the same, and have done the same... Do as you say here not as you do across how many threads? The sheer level of your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

And sorry but no, I've never claimed to know the player base views. Just that these forums, don't represent it whether for or against.

Edited by Deyjarl

TES comparison isn't valid since the level scaling was in Oblivion/Skyrim since day 1. They weren't patched in at a later date, overwriting allready existing areas. Nor are those games MMORPGs. So stick with GW2 (or any other MMORPG that has level sync/scaling) if doing comparisons in that area.

I wasn't comparing anything, I was pointing out that bioware isn't the originator of the level sync idea and cited TES as an example of other games that use level sync. I was talking about the idea, not the games themselves.

And if people really hated level sync in oblivion so much, I doubt it would have been in skyrim.

I wasn't comparing anything, I was pointing out that bioware isn't the originator of the level sync idea and cited TES as an example of other games that use level sync. I was talking about the idea, not the games themselves.

And if people really hated level sync in oblivion so much, I doubt it would have been in skyrim.

The difference is you can mod the **** out of Oblivion/Skyrim to the point where levels are what you want them to be.

Not so, here.

Hence why I plan to return the realm of singleplayer where the game is what I make of it (to the extent the console and mods allow) and not what some dev decides is best on a random Tuesday.

The difference is you can mod the **** out of Oblivion/Skyrim to the point where levels are what you want them to be.

Not so, here.

Hence why I plan to return the realm of singleplayer where the game is what I make of it (to the extent the console and mods allow) and not what some dev decides is best on a random Tuesday.

You can mod them on the PC, but not on consoles. A lot of people played the console.

New System: Level Sync! Adventure with other players with Level Sync! Get level appropriate Experience and Mission rewards while grouping with other players on the core worlds, while retaining all of your abilities! Those womp rats won’t know what hit them!

Translation:

New System: Forced Level Sync! Adventure with low level players on low level planets whether you like it or not! Do old content on old planets and forget everything about doing RP events in open world, because those mobs will aggro and attack you every few minutes! Oh yes, and guess what? We won't be removing your abilities go figure? Don't like it? Too bad because it's FORCED when it could be toggleable!

PS: We do realize that our forum is filled with protest posts that we haven't responded to aside from locking the threads. But we don't care because we will enforce radical changes to the game you have played and supported and ignore your feedback. Also we are going to implement this immense change without even consulting the community before doing so!

... It saddens me that I have to sink to this level but you're clearly not listening to feedback and have no intention of doing so.

The dude is right - you could completely erase levels entirely and just hide the numbers in the code somewhere. If all it does is calculate difficulty, there's really no reason to even look at them.

There's no reason to have them, still. At all. Make every defense/offense ability in-game percentages of armor/hp. There. Permanent "level sync" forever, across the board. Have earned XP buy skills directly and there you go.

It is a complete overhaul. But since they're not shy about turning everything upside down, why not?

Translation:

New System: Forced Level Sync! Adventure with low level players on low level planets whether you like it or not! Do old content on old planets and forget everything about doing RP events in open world, because those mobs will aggro and attack you every few minutes! Oh yes, and guess what? We won't be removing your abilities go figure? Don't like it? Too bad because it's FORCED when it could be toggleable!

PS: We do realize that our forum is filled with protest posts that we haven't responded to aside from locking the threads. But we don't care because we will enforce radical changes to the game you have played and supported and ignore your feedback. Also we are going to implement this immense change without even consulting the community before doing so!

... It saddens me that I have to sink to this level but you're clearly not listening to feedback and have no intention of doing so.

I like this guy.

Translation:

The Salt is strong in this one.

Translation:

Well said.

The only remotely logical reason for a forced level sync is because the game developers think there isn't enough content for progression.

Unless they have severely screwed the xp curve with the mission streamlining, not having enough content for progression doesn't seem likely.

Ergo, there is no real logical reason behind forced, rather than a toggleable, level sync.

All I can think of is some form of pseudo-passive aggressive behavior on the dev team, as to why this change is going into place.

I to am upset about this "improvement". I have started a thread for everyone who things this feature should be choice based like a "Social" option so you may play with lower level friends or do lower level content if you want to, but does not impede your ability to "over level" content so you are not stuck in any content.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8525900#post8525900

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.