12 x XP for class-missions

Azibux

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree completely. Do not ad 12x in any form to the game ever. Its a terrible idea that is only slightly tolerable when it is released with an expansion that raises the level caps as a method to get people fast tracked to be ready for the new caps/content.

Even then though there are serious detriments it introduces and it is a generally bad idea desired only by people who want extreme easy mode despite known and demonstrated deleterious affects on the game for others.

Putting 12x as a Legacy perk is definitely one of the options we discussed, among many. I believe that is what we had talked about in the past, (on a stream or at a cantina) that it was one of the possible options. As far as I know, it is not currently planned to implement that as a Legacy perk at this time.

-eric

I'd love to level up through class stories only just like it was during the Shadow of Revan pre-order. A legacy-wide unlock for players with a certain legacy level would be ideal. Edited by Cave

Putting 12x as a Legacy perk is definitely one of the options we discussed, among many. I believe that is what we had talked about in the past, (on a stream or at a cantina) that it was one of the possible options. As far as I know, it is not currently planned to implement that as a Legacy perk at this time.

-eric

Just want to chime in that a Legacy perk or even a CM purchase to trigger the x12 XP is something I'd consider preferable to using it in future 'events' like the x2 XP Weekends.

With a perk / purchase we have control over whether or not we want to opt in to the bonus, which we currently don't have with the way it works when it is done as an event / across-the-board promotion.

-eric

If you do any more XP multiplier additions to Legacy, we want the option to DISABLE XP totally.

We already level up too fast. Faster than the story can keep up.

You don't see, you are catering to a twitchy FPS gamer and not the long term MMO player.

We should not be able to level up from 1-50 in has little as 9 hours. That's during a X2 weekend with guild and XP buffs only. not a x12 XP boost

Players burn through levels so fast they don't stop and experience the game for what it is. They get to end game and complain mommy doesn't have any milk left in her ****.

If you do any more XP multiplier additions to Legacy, we want the option to DISABLE XP totally.

We already level up too fast. Faster than the story can keep up.

You don't see, you are catering to a twitchy FPS gamer and not the long term MMO player.

We should not be able to level up from 1-50 in has little as 9 hours. That's during a X2 weekend with guild and XP buffs only. not a x12 XP boost

Players burn through levels so fast they don't stop and experience the game for what it is. They get to end game and complain mommy doesn't have any milk left in her ****.

DO NOT write "WE" in your own personal agenda. more than 90% player base wants 12X xp for class quests. "WE" are not here to play a chinese or korean grinding game, "WE" are here to play and enjoy a game which also have story embedded in it and a large part of the game. "WE" want to enjoy the story without being dragged down by stupid side chores.

Yes i agree with your suggestion to have a turn off option but all the other bullcrap that you wrote with "WE", keep them to yourself, "WE" don't appreciate being associated with bullcrap.

-eric

This sucks because i was in the middle of moving during the last 12X xp so not only did I not know about it, I didnt even get to benifit from it.

LOL, :rolleyes:

Where did you pull that figure from... No, dont tell me.

ya beat me too it. LoL

DO NOT write "WE" in your own personal agenda. more than 90% player base wants 12X xp for class quests. "WE" are not here to play a chinese or korean grinding game, "WE" are here to play and enjoy a game which also have story embedded in it and a large part of the game. "WE" want to enjoy the story without being dragged down by stupid side chores.

Yes i agree with your suggestion to have a turn off option but all the other bullcrap that you wrote with "WE", keep them to yourself, "WE" don't appreciate being associated with bullcrap.

isn't that more accurate than the general grouping use of "WE". where is your source? at least I did provide a source to the "bullcrap" we fed you

I used we as a general grouping use since the community I group with do not want the leveling to be any faster, and we do agree that it is far too fast as is. you must be anally conceived :rolleyes: so what was that about bullcrap again :rak_02:

Edited by Liquor

ya beat me too it. LoL

isn't that more accurate than the general grouping use of "WE". where is your source? at least I did provide a source to the "bullcrap" we fed you

I used we as a general grouping use since the community I group with do not want the leveling to be any faster, and we do agree that it is far too fast as is. you must be anally conceived :rolleyes: so what was that about bullcrap again :rak_02:

Well Most of "Us" in General chat I find as a Source as most ppl wanting 12X. All you have to do is ask talk about it in Different Chats on different worlds and Fleet, but i bet you won't bother to ask ppl.

Your source is meaningless and proves nothing whatsoever, with my health problems it took me almost a month to grind my Sentinel, the other took about a week. Any1 that has grinded an alt from 1-55 in only 9hrs doesn't need 12X, but has nothing much to do about anything against 12X unless the player hasn't learned how to play their character. But most ppl I know of the did grind 12X really fast knew how to play any class there is.

Well Eric said they will not implement 12xEXP for legacy, but maybe 12x isn't enough? Maybe they will implement 24xEXP! Bahahaha!! Really though I would pay for 12xEXP to legacy but if not just to story line perhaps we can choose where to place it? Get rid of the old character legacy exp boost and replace it with a high legacy level and decently priced for the current selections with 12x EXP... Now that I would sink cash into!

Such a stupid remark, and like another Poster said don't say WE, as You Do Not Speak for All of Us. Me doing side quests besides Class ones were either rediculous, or satisfying worth the Cinema scene. I was in 3 different Guilds before I finaly got 1 character to lvl 50 i believe, and it took forever and was hell. They told me to do every damned quest there is, and that was a mistake, because later on i found doing WZs a lot better to grind and worth for getting Xp.

With all the Arthritis, Fibromialgia and CTS i have all these stupid quests are No Longer worth my time and hellous Pain to do them. I'd be willing to pay another $20.00 for 12X xp. the 3X Xp we had along with 2X xp was also good, but spamming KDY isn't the best thing to do. I love storylines just as anybody else does to.

Yes, it cotsts Millions to equip alts that are doing 12X xp, but then I think that some ppl should at least have some alts that have already done all Class stuff so that they can do Ops, Fps, and dailies to make enough money to gear up their alts.

I sick of hearing all this Bull about how every1 doesn't learn how to play their Classes if the even do 2X xp, I'd say it's 50/50, where ppl just come here and lie because they can't play themselves, or they are absolutely Correct.

When i was doing 2X xp on my Sorc I found the higher levels didn't know what the hell they were doing most of the time, just as much as any newbie.

All in all all the grinding there is now is Not Worth My PAIN to grind.

Excellent point. Screw the 12xp though. Let them go full Blizzard and just sell a bit to auto level us to 55. Id gladly grind my way to 60 from there (SOR Prelude, xp boosts, ect.). :-D

Citation for that 90% of the player base please. Until provided, please stop including me in your personal agenda.

Such a stupid remark, and like another Poster said don't say WE, as You Do Not Speak for All of Us. Me doing side quests besides Class ones were either rediculous, or satisfying worth the Cinema scene. I was in 3 different Guilds before I finaly got 1 character to lvl 50 i believe, and it took forever and was hell. They told me to do every damned quest there is, and that was a mistake, because later on i found doing WZs a lot better to grind and worth for getting Xp.

With all the Arthritis, Fibromialgia and CTS i have all these stupid quests are No Longer worth my time and hellous Pain to do them. I'd be willing to pay another $20.00 for 12X xp. the 3X Xp we had along with 2X xp was also good, but spamming KDY isn't the best thing to do. I love storylines just as anybody else does to.

Yes, it cotsts Millions to equip alts that are doing 12X xp, but then I think that some ppl should at least have some alts that have already done all Class stuff so that they can do Ops, Fps, and dailies to make enough money to gear up their alts.

I sick of hearing all this Bull about how every1 doesn't learn how to play their Classes if the even do 2X xp, I'd say it's 50/50, where ppl just come here and lie because they can't play themselves, or they are absolutely Correct.

When i was doing 2X xp on my Sorc I found the higher levels didn't know what the hell they were doing most of the time, just as much as any newbie.

All in all all the grinding there is now is Not Worth My PAIN to grind.

You do realize that forum members and posters are actually far less of a number than actual players in game. This 90% shows how quick others are to jump to conclusions and make wild assumptions when others disagree with their view yet back it up with facts and include sources to cement the argument.

It does not cost millions to level up alts. Did you sell all your level up gear on main and its companions?

LEGAY GEAR. I have sets waiting to be used for the lvl up process. It doesn't need to be BiS. Just trash to get you along if you want the slow grind and do missions. Though if you watched the source video I provided, you'll realise you have no need for gear on the leveling character. The 60 is doing the work.

Open your eyes and see the bigger picture. Not the tunnel you live your life in.

Well Most of "Us" in General chat I find as a Source as most ppl wanting 12X. All you have to do is ask talk about it in Different Chats on different worlds and Fleet, but i bet you won't bother to ask ppl.

Your source is meaningless and proves nothing whatsoever, with my health problems it took me almost a month to grind my Sentinel, the other took about a week. Any1 that has grinded an alt from 1-55 in only 9hrs doesn't need 12X, but has nothing much to do about anything against 12X unless the player hasn't learned how to play their character. But most ppl I know of the did grind 12X really fast knew how to play any class there is.

My source is meaningless? How?

Get a 60 buddy and have him carry you through all the planetary missions, only just until you are able to enter and start the next planet missions. It's the Turn In reward XP you're after. Your character doesn't need gear. All you do is grab missions and turn them in when completed. Working like this and you're able to blast through planets and XP in no time. The source video I linked explains this. They leveled up 3 toons in a weekend. It still works today. 9 hours, that's it.

Don't say a source is meaningless when you don't even view the source material. :rolleyes:

Just because some of us took. Time to grind out multiple end game toons doesn't mean you need too as fast as possible. 22 toons on 1 server, 5 on another and 2 on yet one more. Not all are max level but those mains I use most often are leveled up. During the process it gets me away from the regular crowd and meeting new players. Helping others. Actually experiencing the game on a different level than end game content cycle be it PvP or PvE.

I stand by my statement, WE do not need x12 XP boosts. WE already level up faster than class missions alone. These are facts. Not opinions

:rak_01:

Edited by Liquor

Each person should only speak for themselves. I see a lot of we thrown around and as stated you cannot prove that everyone wants this or doesn't want this.

It is much simpler to speak for yourself and/or possibly the people you play with as there is no way anyone can actually speak for everyone in the game.

I have a sack full of WEs over here. WE is in high demand these days. They are going fast and it's difficult to keep up with the demand. I have WE brownies, chocolate chip and WEnutbutter cookies, and angle WEcake. If you would rather smoke your WE, I have a very popular huka line and you can wash it all down with our latest concoction WEer, the ever popular Lite WEer for the redneck in you. Sit back and enjoy a tasty IPA brewed in WEsconsin, or sample from the heartland try the refreshing WEat variety. If that doesn't satisfy you, have a meal in a can: the Black and Tan WEer served at room temperature.

WE Got so focused on WE so much so that the true trollolo = instant enrage.

Forced to the dark side without knowing before it was too late.

All too easy :rak_03:

I have a sack full of WEs over here. WE is in high demand these days. They are going fast and it's difficult to keep up with the demand. I have WE brownies, chocolate chip and WEnutbutter cookies, and angle WEcake. If you would rather smoke your WE, I have a very popular huka line and you can wash it all down with our latest concoction WEer, the ever popular Lite WEer for the redneck in you. Sit back and enjoy a tasty IPA brewed in WEsconsin, or sample from the heartland try the refreshing WEat variety. If that doesn't satisfy you, have a meal in a can: the Black and Tan WEer served at room temperature.

WE Got so focused on WE so much so that the true trollolo = instant enrage.

Forced to the dark side without knowing before it was too late.

All too easy :rak_03:

Stop WEing in the pool! :eek:

-eric

I love to play different characters with different stories. :D:D:D

Where can I buy it? ;)

Edited by Logathor

He did say no legacy perk at this time, but he never said anything about it being a CM item. ;)

Haha. Hope springs eternal.

Honestly, I'd be all for this, but only if it's a toggle.

I play this game for two reasons: The class stories and to play with friends.

You want some use cases (or 'user stories', in today's management parlance), BioWare? Here's a couple from one player's perspective:

1. Player likes to play the class stories, multiple times, making different choices, seeing different options, outcomes and dialogue lines. Player likes to play these stories in a contiguous manner, to preserve the writer's original intent with pacing. Doing 1 class mission then stopping for 5 side quests interrupts the narrative flow. Player isn't concerned with endgame content, and will probably never participate in Operations or Hardmode Flashpoints. 12XP is useful for this, gives this player the means to play the game and see the content he or she wants to see in the manner that he or she wants to see it.

2. Player will be playing with friends, some of whom are subbed, some of whom are not. Some of whom have access to 12XP and some do not. In this instance, sharing the side quests becomes a social activity and not a chore. The class story's pacing becomes necessarily interrupted, but with a smaller impact on the player's enjoyment, since player is now sharing them with friends, and reaping the benefits of the shared dialogue system, which is not something one has access to in the class stories. Being able to disable 12XP is necessary in this instance, so that all players remain at around the same level.

Tried to find my old post explaining why i want 12xp, cant find it so going from memory.

I have 17 characters. I have done each "Core story" and can now recite the lines of the planetary quest givers along with them... think of it this way: You buy a book, you read the book, you enjoy the book, you decided you want a NEW book.

You buy a new book, then start reading and find out that they copy and pasted 50-75% of the LAST book you read into your NEW book. Then this happens with every single book you read for the rest of your life. Now I like to reread books, but not the same one over and over as soon as i finish it, i will come back to it in a few months when i feel nostalgic for it.

Planetary chains are nothing nostalgic when its as i stated before, im reading a book, then opening it back to page one and starting over again... I want something -new- not the exact same thing again... :rolleyes:

Im not leveling to do endgame content, i can count on one hand how many raids ive done. Nor amd I zerging to the end for lolscrubpvp, i enjoy the -class stories- not the stuff ive already seen on my other characters each time they visit that planet.

What your essentially doing when someone says they dont want to redo the planetay chain for the nth time is saying "HOW DARE YOU NOT WANT TO REREAD THAT CHAPTER FOR THE 27th TIME SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Perhaps you would enjoy going from 1-60 doing only Black Talon, but I sure wouldnt, and I dont think most others would either.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Haha. Hope springs eternal.

Honestly, I'd be all for this, but only if it's a toggle.

I play this game for two reasons: The class stories and to play with friends.

You want some use cases (or 'user stories', in today's management parlance), BioWare? Here's a couple from one player's perspective:

1. Player likes to play the class stories, multiple times, making different choices, seeing different options, outcomes and dialogue lines. Player likes to play these stories in a contiguous manner, to preserve the writer's original intent with pacing. Doing 1 class mission then stopping for 5 side quests interrupts the narrative flow. Player isn't concerned with endgame content, and will probably never participate in Operations or Hardmode Flashpoints. 12XP is useful for this, gives this player the means to play the game and see the content he or she wants to see in the manner that he or she wants to see it.

2. Player will be playing with friends, some of whom are subbed, some of whom are not. Some of whom have access to 12XP and some do not. In this instance, sharing the side quests becomes a social activity and not a chore. The class story's pacing becomes necessarily interrupted, but with a smaller impact on the player's enjoyment, since player is now sharing them with friends, and reaping the benefits of the shared dialogue system, which is not something one has access to in the class stories. Being able to disable 12XP is necessary in this instance, so that all players remain at around the same level.

EA letting a chance to make some killer cash slip through their fingers? :p

With the amount of people asking for it, this will sell very well on the CM.

What I think would be a better option is to make the Inheritance gear scale to level and each piece to have 1 or 2% increase in XP, up to 10%. At least this way the inheritance gear would be useful for leveling. Just my two cents worth.

I agree with this line of action

Make inheritance gear relevant

Perhaps allow crafters to be able to buff it further in some fashion