Hatred Sins most OP spec in HISTORY of SWTOR

DrWeebs

http://imgur.com/PbIYTBu.jpg

http://imgur.com/g7quCP9.jpg

http://imgur.com/cnxNR4w.jpg

http://imgur.com/8HfeA3g.jpg

here there are some screenshots from leaderboards of a couple of regs of the last 2-3 weeks.

i keep thinking that, just as any other fotm, it makes shine good players and overperform bads. obviously having 3-4 of them in the enemy team can make it bad, but nothing different from the old 3-4 maras smashing..

Neat that you can take 4 screenshots out of a few weeks to show some variety. The point is... if you take the top skilled players in this game and pitted them against each other, the hatred assassins win. Against any other class combo, hands down, no questions asked.

Edited by DrWeebs

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so then buff 6 other specs to be the way hatred sins are and I'll agree with you. Otherwise, it means the team with the best hatred sin wins right now. That is just wrong. I'm typing this as I level up my lvl 17 assassin.

Hmmm... I'd rather nerf sins and at the same time give protection some serious CDs and debuffs. To buff several other speccs would open a box of Pandora.

Edited by Cretinus

Hmmm... I'd rather nerf sins and at the same time give protection some serious CDs and debuffs. To buff several other speccs would open a box of Pandora.

Then don't use your negative view of prot/guard as a way to justify a horribly OP dps spec.

Do you?

Im easily destroying hatred sins. Dont know why you are so bothered with them.

Even with operative/scoundrell it is so easy to bring down a hatred sin. Not to mention the Sentinels, especially the watchman spec.. lol

Edited by Missandei

Im easily destroying hatred sins. Dont know why you are so bothered with them.

Even with operative/scoundrell it is so easy to bring down a hatred sin. Not to mention the Sentinels, especially the watchman spec.. lol

I'm sorry, but when was the last time you ever PvP'ed? Because if you are a Hatred assassin and you die to a sentinel, you should probably just unsub.

I'm sorry, but when was the last time you ever PvP'ed? Because if you are a Hatred assassin and you die to a sentinel, you should probably just unsub.

Yesterday.

Yes as a sentinel im easilly killing the hatred assasins.

Maybe because i have all the classes and know their weaknesses and how to counter them.

If you are having troubles against assasins you should unsub. bye.

Edited by Missandei

Maybe because i have all the classes and know their weaknesses and how to counter them.

Basically everyone who are start whining at the pvP forums just a people who dont know how to play and dont want to learn.

Wow

Blatant agenda much? I know People who main Hatred that will tell you how horribly overpowered the spec is. Anyone who does ranked will tell you how blatantly overpowered the spec is.

I'll repeat, if a assassin dies to anything that is not another assassin, then said assassin is bad and has some serious L2P issues. Also you say you know the counters to Hatred, which is amusing since The only counter to Hatred are purges and there are only two AC with purges and operative DPS isn't great, which means the only class capable of fighting a Hatred Sin is another Sin.

The class has no counters, like I said before, playing against a Hatred comp is like playing chess against a opponent where all of the opponent's pieces are queens.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Yesterday.

Ok if you are a sentinel and you are killing a sin, thats a bad sin. I have all the classes too and i have had a lol fest with my sin. Can wipe the floor with a mara/sent and there is nothing they can do.

I understand that you know class weaknesses, I do too from playing all of them and getting a bit of a feel but you must have noticed how much better you can be on your sin compared to your other classes?

Yesterday.

I hope you're just trolling. But otherwise you can put your sentinel up against my shadow and see what happens.

Actually.. bring another sentinel with you. That's fine.

Anyways, the OP is right. The problem is that Hatreds little brother spec Deception is at an all-time low right now.

And seeing Biowares history of always overnerfing things.. at the VERY least Deception should get a little love.

But not only that, if Hatred gets nerfed, so should Lightning Sorcerer and AP Powertech. In the very same patch.

Edited by Evolixe

I'm serenity shadow. Got paired with 3 van's last night over and over. Kept coming up against a team of 3 hatred and 1 pt. So it was the mirror opposite of our team. We slaughtered the hatred team every time. we got the under 1 minute medal every round except for when one of them would stealth out and hide at the end.

It seems to me in solo ques right now having 2 plus van or pt =win everytime. Having 2 plus hatred or serenity is strong as long as you don't have commando or sent on your team but not nearly as strong as multiple van/pt

I'm serenity shadow. Got paired with 3 van's last night over and over. Kept coming up against a team of 3 hatred and 1 pt. So it was the mirror opposite of our team. We slaughtered the hatred team every time. we got the under 1 minute medal every round except for when one of them would stealth out and hide at the end.

Yes, because there is no such thing as player skill discrepancy. Nice try though :rolleyes:

I'm now level 18 btw... see you in a few days... this will be fun.

And here's your answer....keep lvln' and stop looking at this thread.

I haven't started one myself yet...waiting till you hit the mid bracket to see if they are viable in PvP from 30-50 even against 55-59er's. Ofcourse another Hatred Sin at 55-59 will roflstomp you...but bet you can atleast hold your own against other classes that level....being able to stealth and pick your fights with no regard to cc's.

let me know how it goes...or any others with lvl 30-45 or so sins that are pvping in the mid bracket

And here's your answer....keep lvln' and stop looking at this thread.

I haven't started one myself yet...waiting till you hit the mid bracket to see if they are viable in PvP from 30-50 even against 55-59er's. Ofcourse another Hatred Sin at 55-59 will roflstomp you...but bet you can atleast hold your own against other classes that level....being able to stealth and pick your fights with no regard to cc's.

let me know how it goes...or any others with lvl 30-45 or so sins that are pvping in the mid bracket

To be honest, I fail hard against 55-59 players as a Hatred sin at level 40. Probably because I don't have Leeching strike +30% crit damage, +20% damage, double life steal, life steal on discharge, free execute and heroic utilities. So, basically, everything that makes this spec OP in the first place. :p Granted, I don't play my Assassin much, but it feels quite obvious they don't become really OP untill later levels.

This is especially obvious when I play other classes in the same level range where I curbstomp Assassins/Shadows that are around level 40 with relative ease. Whereas I run away if I encounter a 55+ Assassin/Shadow (unless I'm already dead in like 4 seconds flat :p).

The only class that I can seem to play without getting wrecked by 55-59 players instantly in this bracket is a Vengeance Jugg. Mostly because of Unstoppable and their good DCDs that start trickling in at around level 40 that allow me to survive long enough to receive a heal or actually fight back.

Edited by Defecter

I hope you're just trolling. But otherwise you can put your sentinel up against my shadow and see what happens.

Are there anyone in the game who didnt roflstomped you yet?

You even didnt got to the top 200 ranked last time.. Whom are you trying to impress boy?

Im not interested. bye

Edited by Missandei

In general you are right, however there are some misleading arguments:

Buff the other classes --> dont buff them, the time to kill is too short currently. Other problems would appear.

PT not mobile --> lmao

Sorcs very killable --> sorcs have great survivability in 3.0. People's habit is thinking they are squishy because of previous patches and focus them in solo arenas. Every dps class should die quickly if against 3-4 opponents.

Edited by havikoro

How long have you been playing this game? How much competitive play have you done?

I know that in any MMO there are OP specs in each season. Hatred assassin is the most OP spec I have ever seen for ranked play. Period. Ever. No discussion. It is ridiculously better than ANY other spec, and outclasses even the 2nd best spec by so much its insane. Please think before you post.

if you are as experienced as you claim to be then you should know better..

The exaggeration and hyperbole is real. Yes, Hatred Sins are top of the food chain right now. Are they, however, the most OP spec in history? Lolno.

Stop saying PTs are squishy please. Bad PTs who don't know how to Override/kite with their super speed are squishy. The good ones are not as squishy as you may believe. I will be rather upset if Hatred Sins get nerfed and AP PTs do not because of the incessant whining about Hatred Sins.

I'm surprised people aren't ranking current concealment dps higher. Perhaps I'm just bad or something, but their opening burst freaking hurts. Concealment is just as threatening to me as AP PT, and they're both more threatening than Sorcs.

Anyhow. Hatred is incredibly overpowered for sure, and they DO need to be nerfed, just as much as Maras, mercs and snipers need buffs. I don't see how this is a debate.

I'm surprised people aren't ranking current concealment dps higher. Perhaps I'm just bad or something, but their opening burst freaking hurts. Concealment is just as threatening to me as AP PT, and they're both more threatening than Sorcs.

If people start praising Ops, they get nerfed into the ground. Again. So... Ops suck!

No other spec in the history of the game has had the combination of survivability + damage + stealth. Not even remotely close.

I dont think you quite remember Infiltration/Deception shortly after launch. I used to walk up to nodes and discharge with full stacks on meh geared mara/sent and they would die. Max health was like 16k ish at the time and maul hit for 8-9k consistently and discharge could hit for 13k in certain situations.

Yes sin is strong atm lots of survivability. (Great if you play one) damage wise i know at least 3 sorcs/ sages that have gotten 5k+ dps in wzs. Sins may be able to do that but i have yet to see it. Sorc gets the added benefit of range which requires mobility not DCDs.

It is strong and might require some tweaking but it is far from the most OP spec in the history of the game.

To be honest, I fail hard against 55-59 players as a Hatred sin at level 40. Probably because I don't have Leeching strike +30% crit damage, +20% damage, double life steal, life steal on discharge, free execute and heroic utilities. So, basically, everything that makes this spec OP in the first place. :p Granted, I don't play my Assassin much, but it feels quite obvious they don't become really OP untill later levels.

This is especially obvious when I play other classes in the same level range where I curbstomp Assassins/Shadows that are around level 40 with relative ease. Whereas I run away if I encounter a 55+ Assassin/Shadow (unless I'm already dead in like 4 seconds flat :p).

The only class that I can seem to play without getting wrecked by 55-59 players instantly in this bracket is a Vengeance Jugg. Mostly because of Unstoppable and their good DCDs that start trickling in at around level 40 that allow me to survive long enough to receive a heal or actually fight back.

Nice, thanks for the candid, non cynical reply. Very refreshing. As a note to some..........

Mid/lowbie pvp is very much important to those of us with RL responsibilities. ...we play/pay for a game to enjoy it throughout. ...not just end game. As much as you say "who cares" lvl to 60...we say "get a job/life and stop playing games 24/7"....both absolutely meaningless as we are not aware of individual life circumstances.

A 20 lvl gap of unpleasant pvp is gross neglect on part of the game. For those of us with limited time to play..this is very frustrating.

That's not how balancing works, you only balancing around the here and now, not about what was. Besides there are some classes such as DPS mercs which haven't had a strong spec since 1.2

Gunnery and innovative ordinance are both high damaging specs. The are great specs but few know how to play them the only issue with mercs is survivability. I really dont understand why other mercs ***** its been slow progress but its progress. We no longer have to stand still in order to do anything. Lots of instant moves castable attacks while moving. People can not say mercs get no love.