CE Vendor.... Ripoff

Curivity

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Months later and the store still is full of nonsense.

I agree. Seriously how is an Imperial Trooper set "unique"? I expected going to CE VENDOR every 10 levels to buy new gear with different textures than the original piece of gear. Well guess what happened? We got a so called "unique" Imperial Trooper set. Thanks Bioware :(

uhh cry more. the CE vendor has the tauntaun, which you cannot get anywhere else. so many people asked me where the hell i got mine, and i told them it was a closely guarded secret.

yes, everyone will get their own tauntaun come the 24th, but it won't look the same as the VIP one. they will continue to add more stuff. stop crying.

I got the CE edition as a vote of confidence in Bioware and the game with the hopes they'd reward that confidence with some exclusive items but until now I am very disappointed. As a heavy armor user the (great looking) imperial trooper armor is not of use and the rest are just slight variations of items available to anybody.

The items that came with the CE are still in the box here except for the the authenticator...

uhh cry more. the CE vendor has the tauntaun, which you cannot get anywhere else. so many people asked me where the hell i got mine, and i told them it was a closely guarded secret.

yes, everyone will get their own tauntaun come the 24th, but it won't look the same as the VIP one. they will continue to add more stuff. stop crying.

Tbh, I don't see the point of getting a Tauntaun with a different texture. I would have liked at least a Gizka.

Months later and the store still is full of nonsense.

Wonderful necro of this thread: Pure entertainment. Beautiful nerd rage. Bravo!

Add me to the group of players who disagree with your interpretation of the word "assortment", but I do wish you get some addiitonal cosmetic CE gear and that his will calm you down.

I watched Stephen Reid and other developers say that the THE WHOLE CE VIP AREA would be exclusive TO US, but then that got overturned.

Then I was informed that the CE store would be filled with a VARIETY of different items social AND gear AT LAUNCH, but that clearly didn't happen.

Need proof? I can get it to you, but nonetheless I was expecting something THAT WAS advertised. Don't tell us otherwise.

No one goes up there, so I don't see a problem with you hanging out all by yourself.

I watched Stephen Reid and other developers say that the THE WHOLE CE VIP AREA would be exclusive TO US, but then that got overturned.

Hang on a second... Are you honestly complaining that there won't be an area in the game that your character can stand in where the other players won't be able to go?

Honestly?

You bought the CE so you could get into a place no-one else could go?

Tbh, I don't see the point of getting a Tauntaun with a different texture. I would have liked at least a Gizka.

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

One of many things I suggested recently in the suggestions thread about the C.E. Vendor was infect a Gizka Pet. help spread the word. Lets have 1.3 give some adoration to the C.E, and more things to make it more enjoyable so we can put or money where our mouth is. not our ***.

I really hope in the future the C.E. gets more stuff. AND A COMPANION CUSTOMIZATION BALANCE.

Edited by Magnusheart

Everything is transpiring exactly as predicted. Remember the days of the smug golden VIP signatures and *pops flares* arrogance? The ill- concealed nerdling delight at "early access" and the imagined "special status" of being a CE owner.

Very soon after, the obvious and completely predictable truth was finally dawning upon a few as they saw only very few players in the lounge. Nothing the vendor has ever offered is remarkable...there was and is nothing that stands out about a so-called CE owner.

Fast forward to today - a derelict and completely abandoned CE lounge. Why would anyone hang out there? Guilds can't meet there because only precious few have the CE version and the vendor has nothing of interest. The hungrily anticipated VIP status is a flop and now a poorly assembled small plastic $90 statue stands as a lonely reminder that marketing indeed is a legalized form of public dishonesty.

:wea_03:

Wonderful necro of this thread: Pure entertainment. Beautiful nerd rage. Bravo!

Add me to the group of players who disagree with your interpretation of the word "assortment", but I do wish you get some addiitonal cosmetic CE gear and that his will calm you down.

TBF they are removing stuff, not adding stuff to the CE vendor these days (much like Ilum).

I can ecplain this in a way that all you trolls and what nots can understand since you are apparently to thik to get what he/we means about getting ripped of....

Emagine you buy a pizza with everything on it, you pay for it and then you come home and find out you got a cheese pizza and thats it, how would you feel and what would you do ?

you would ***** like hell and swear like **** because you didnt get what you paid for and now you feel like the pizza dude is a *********** moron who just ripped you off and now he prolly is sitting in his fat chair smiling....

This gives you 2 choises, you either

1: Bring the pizza back and ask him *** he thinks he is doing.

2: Eat it and shut up about it while burning on the inside with fury.

Most would prolly bring it back and get what they paid for, THIS is excactly what he is doing by writting this post on the forums, so unless you cant get it into your thick dumb skulls that he is, like the rest of us, pissed about paying for something he/we didnt get you should really just go suck an elf or get dry fistet by a hairy wookie with a fist full of sand !

I can ecplain this in a way that all you trolls and what nots can understand since you are apparently to thik to get what he/we means about getting ripped of....

Emagine you buy a pizza with everything on it, you pay for it and then you come home and find out you got a cheese pizza and thats it, how would you feel and what would you do ?

you would ***** like hell and swear like **** because you didnt get what you paid for and now you feel like the pizza dude is a *********** moron who just ripped you off and now he prolly is sitting in his fat chair smiling....

Most would prolly bring it back and get what they paid for, THIS is excactly what he is doing by writting this post on the forums, so unless you cant get it into your thick dumb skulls that he is, like the rest of us, pissed about paying for something he/we didnt get you should really just go suck an elf or get dry fistet by a hairy wookie with a fist full of sand !

^This?

This is what we mean when we say get over yourself.

Get over yourself.

EDIT: And FYI, normal people would never do that. Normal people would just eat the pizza because it's still pizza. Who cares if it doesn't have pineapples on it? Eating plain isn't going to kill you.

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

a poorly assembled small plastic $90 statue stands as a lonely reminder that marketing indeed is a legalized form of public dishonesty.

:wea_03:

my Malgus is proudly displayed in the living room, keeping people from using the stereo. and people are impressed or at least curious. so. yes, it was worth it for me. I don't even give a damn about the CE vendor at it was never the reason why I bought the CE. if people did that, they obviously never bought a CE before. their bad, but that doesn't mean that everyone who got the CE did it to 'show off' in-game.

^This?

This is what we mean when we say get over yourself.

Get over yourself.

EDIT: And FYI, normal people would never do that. Normal people would just eat the pizza because it's still pizza. Who cares if it doesn't have pineapples on it? Eating plain isn't going to kill you.

Man.. Sorry to see you get ripped off so often. If I'm buying a product, I make sure I get what I was promised. If I ordered a Pineapple Pizza and got a Cheese only, I'd head back and make sure I got what I paid for, especially when the price difference is almost 20% of the pizza.

Completely off topic, but yeah.. He's not the only one that would be seeking to rectify that problem.

#EDIT: That problem being the pizza analogy. As far as the CE vendor, I'm okay with it as is for the moment.

#EDIT2: Yes, I've got a CE as well.

Edited by Freyar

this is nothing like what happened, its like buying a pizza with everything, and getting a pizza with every topping the store had, but they only have pepperoni and mushrooms for toppings.

you got what you paid for, but were unhappy with the result, the store has a no refunds policy so shut up and eat your pizza and don't go there again.

You got exactly what you bought and was advertised.

What you THOUGHT you`d get, well, that is your own problem, now, is it?

Please stop posting stuff like "You got what you payed for!" or "Too bad! Hahahaha CE owners are sad loool" because that is just unnecessary. Thank you

Also, it was advertised that the CE vendor will be have lots of items and very unique cosmetic items, and what did we get? Just ONE set of Imperial/Republic Trooper gear, which isn't very unique. Please Bioware, if you are reading this, add gear to CE VENDOR with different textures/model from the current ones, so we look unique!

Thank you.

- George

"We'll be adding new content over time, but other areas of development are a higher priority right now."

Is the official word on this.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=72884&page=10

I payed for a system to be in place already with various types of gear and items that would be exclusive to CE holders from the get go. I was led to believe we would have tons of different items to choose from and show off to our friends/guild, etc.

Now, all we have is a few pieces of gear and some social items in the shop right now, and when the time comes to add new things in slowly as explained, people will JUMP ALL OVER those items and THEY WONT BE EXCLUSIVE! Who is going to care any when half the server is wearing those gear pieces because only one thing was added to the store in a certain month. Nobody will! Now, I can't guarantee that people would care if there was 200 different items in the store at launch, but I can say that it would of been exclusive and a large majority of the server wouldn't have just one certain item.

To be honest now, I'm probably not even going to buy anything from the CE store because everyone will have the item that they added for any given time. kthxbye

Much assume did you.. guarantees they gave not...... NEVER ASSUME !!.. it will only serve to make an A** of U and ME

I don't think that you understand what entitlement means. I'm a paying customer. I paid the cost of the CE with certain expectations that were based on the information available to me, including the SW:TOR website, comments made by the game's developers, and past experiences with CEs from BioWare and EA. The resulting product did not live up to those expectations and I am letting BioWare/EA know of my displeasure.

Further, this topic serves as a warning to others who might consider a CE purchase.

I see you used the word expectations. Don't expect something not confirmed. /argument.

Please stop posting stuff like "You got what you payed for!" or "Too bad! Hahahaha CE owners are sad loool" because that is just unnecessary. Thank you

Also, it was advertised that the CE vendor will be have lots of items and very unique cosmetic items, and what did we get? Just ONE set of Imperial/Republic Trooper gear, which isn't very unique. Please Bioware, if you are reading this, add gear to CE VENDOR with different textures/model from the current ones, so we look unique!

Thank you.

- George

a) it was never advertised it would have 'lots of unique items' all at the same time.

b) of course the gear is unique. you just don't like it.

c) yes, the items at the CE vendor are similar to in-game stuff. so what?

am I really the only one who plays games for the achievements and not to show off that I spent a ridiculous amount of money on a video game? :rolleyes:

Edited by amnie