CE Vendor.... Ripoff

Curivity

Actually I really like my CE except in game stuff I only get vette skin that's all

also "We'll be adding new content over time, but other areas of development are a higher priority right now." is big BS if you ask me ... do you really think they will add stuff there in half year or so for what 2000 people? no they do not care anymore they got our money ...

Exactly what happened with Star Trek Online. Total BS they came out with and now all the stuff you got in your DDE or CE is now available for free or via the in-game shop for real cash. Even the "VIP" area exclusive to lifetimers is now open to all.

One reason I cancelled my SWTOR CE and went for DDE is because I don't really want real-world items and the digital products will probably come in the game to all eventually. Playing the SWTOR Beta also helped me decide :rolleyes:

Edited by Lancs

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're understanding of this topic is flawed. Please try again.

not at all. Not being mean here, just breaking down the facts of life. Do you not get what you expected as unrealistic? You expected amazing gear from this, and while maybe giving you a nice little set that would last you a few levels, say 10, in to the game would have been amazingly generous on the part of BW, it would have procured a large amount of backlash from those wouldn't could afford, nor would buy even if they could/can. So now imagine if you will, they gave you this REAL epic gear you seem to be jocking for... People would have crap brick, literally went ape crap on these forum. Maybe im just misreading what you are asking for, but im surprised they even included gear past the first few levels, and even more so you would expect more. Enjoy your statue of Malgus.

And this...

Exactly what happened with Star Trek Online. Total BS they came out with and now all the stuff you got in your DDE or CE is now available for free or via the in-game shop for real cash. Even the "VIP" area exclusive to lifetimers is now open to all.

One reason I cancelled my SWTOR CE and went for DDE is because I don't really want real-world items and the digital products will probably come in the game to all eventually. Playing the SWTOR Beta also helped me decide :rolleyes:

Are you completely void of common sense?

Common sense tells me that assortment means the dictionary meaning, not some made up definition.

assortment (əˈsɔːtmənt) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]

—n

1. a collection or group of various things or sorts

2. the act of assorting

A collection or group of various things or sorts. There are various things or sorts on the CE vendor.

Common sense tells me that assortment means the dictionary meaning, not some made up definition.

A collection or group of various things or sorts. There are various things or sorts on the CE vendor.

I was referring to the fact that most people view assortment as a variety of different items that for one, can be used by all classes, and for two, can be an array of items not only dealing with companions and gear sets, but also the promised social items.

All I see is a droid. A 25,000 credit droid. Hmmmm, common sense.

Edited by Curivity

The only post I find credable is the one about star trek online, LOL. Personnel I like my CE and everything that comes with it, including the vendors. I feel bad for those that expected more. I dont feel cheated and if everything I can get can be had by all, so be it. I enjoy the game. Who wants a stap and my flare gun? :p

I was referring to the fact that most people view assortment as a variety of different items that for one, can be used by all classes, and for two, can be an array of items not only dealing with companions and gear sets, but also the promised social items.

All I see is a droid. A 25,000 credit droid. Hmmmm, common sense.

There are variety things. No way does variety say that there is a lot of variety. Again you are assuming something and claiming false advertising which is not the case. you can be upset and want more, just don't claim that it is something that it is not.

Well, I think its nice that there is a nice selection of goods for those that were dedicated enough to spend the extra money on this product...that said, it seems like all, or nearly all of the CE vendor items are available to those who can access the security vendor...which.. should be nearly everyone, since, who doesn't want to add security to their account... I wish there was some truly unique items available.

Cheers!

And here is the proof for Darth F. This was told by the community manager and the lead designer!

15:10 in.

This was as RECENT as THIS JULY. Proof :) Enjoy.

Very well I concede that one of the devs said that it was CE only. could this been a wrong statement? could they have changed their minds? and since the other one mentioned the Death Star Laser Cannon for my ship I WANT IT NOW. damn it he said it so by your logic it MUST be available or once again they are lying... and my CE is worthless.

wait a minute... hmm $149.99, normal price 59.99, $20 for DDE stuff... that's 79.99... statue, hard bound journal, CD. oh an $8 code fob. so in my CE i have a total of $88.00. so 149.99 - 88.99 = 66 dollars for all the physical stuff including the lovely box that is included.

so this CE vendor and the vip lounge is worth part of 66 bucks and apparently it is the only thing worth it.

oh one last thing: companies can CHANGE their minds, just like you can. so why don't you do that and either sell your account to someone, buy the std or dde and play happy. or even quit. or change your mind and like what value you actually got out of the CE box as it is broken down.

CORRECTION: I had originally included the std edititon cost and added in another 30 day free period, that was a mistake and has been corrected. and even i can be wrong and I admit it.

Darth Freki

The issue is that you made assumptions not supported by the information given.

the information given, even now on the advertising page on this website, describes the vendor as being 'dynamic.'

if the system is not in place, the advertising is fraudulent.

we made our decision to buy based on 'the information given.'

what now?

I was referring to the fact that most people view assortment as a variety of different items that for one

Some people think when you call them ignorant it means your calling them stupid too, but it too just means they are also ignorant to the definition of a particular word.

the information given, even now on the advertising page on this website, describes the vendor as being 'dynamic.'

what now?

Get a lawyer?

Very well I concede that one of the devs said that it was CE only. could this been a wrong statement? could they have changed their minds? and since the other one mentioned the Death Star Laser Cannon for my ship I WANT IT NOW. damn it he said it so by your logic it MUST be available or once again they are lying... and my CE is worthless.

wait a minute... hmm $149.99, normal price 59.99, $20 for DDE stuff... that's 79.99... statue, hard bound journal, CD. oh an $8 code fob. so in my CE i have a total of $88.00. so 149.99 - 88.99 = 66 dollars for all the physical stuff including the lovely box that is included.

so this CE vendor and the vip lounge is worth part of 66 bucks and apparently it is the only thing worth it.

oh one last thing: companies can CHANGE their minds, just like you can. so why don't you do that and either sell your account to someone, buy the std or dde and play happy. or even quit. or change your mind and like what value you actually got out of the CE box as it is broken down.

CORRECTION: I had originally included the std edititon cost and added in another 30 day free period, that was a mistake and has been corrected. and even i can be wrong and I admit it.

Darth Freki

Yes, you can be wrong. And one of the things you are wrong about is your assertiveness against me for having a legitimate complaint.

Edited by Curivity

what now?

take bioware, EA and Origin to court! hey this country is all about suing one another over TRIVIAL crap and this is only $66 worth of trivial crap, oh WAIT... only part of it is 66! let's take them to small claims court and get out portion of 66 back since the VIP lounge is NOT ce only, and the vendor is not dynamic enough for you... because 4 days from release for sale it hasn't changed once!

Darth Freki

Yes, you can be wrong. And one of the things you are wrong about is your assertiveness against me for having a legitimate complaint.

i have admitted you proved that ONE developer said ONCE that the lounge was CE only. I have not accepted your argument that that is what was intended from the start or if it was one developer misspeaking in public.. i mean our presidents don't ever misspeak! they always say exactly what they are supposed to.. how about jerry falwell and pat robertson? they always speak the truth and never misspeak... look at their 9-11-01 comments that they had to RETRACT.

Darth Freki

i have admitted you proved that ONE developer said ONCE that the lounge was CE only. I have not accepted your argument that that is what was intended from the start or if it was one developer misspeaking in public.. i mean our presidents don't ever misspeak! they always say exactly what they are supposed to.. how about jerry falwell and pat robertson? they always speak the truth and never misspeak... look at their 9-11-01 comments that they had to RETRACT.

Darth Freki

It is obvious thats what they were doing from the start. They wouldn't have said it if it wasn't, and both developers agreed when they said it in public.

It truly feels good to see all the trolls who put idiotic key signatures about having CE now whining about the CE vendor not having anything worthwhile. Brings a smile to my face this Christmas. Thanks for that.

Knowing all the trolls who teased the rest of us nonstop got coal in their stockings is amazing.

Oh and PS it was common knowledge that everything on the CE vendor would be available to the rest of us through other means. You also knew nothing on it would be an advantage over other players. Curiosity killed the cat and the way you people bragged about having CE there's no way you can really expect us to feel sorry for you. Enjoy your purchase, haha.

Edited by PhoenixStar