CE Vendor.... Ripoff

Curivity

"We'll be adding new content over time, but other areas of development are a higher priority right now."

Is the official word on this.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=72884&page=10

I payed for a system to be in place already with various types of gear and items that would be exclusive to CE holders from the get go. I was led to believe we would have tons of different items to choose from and show off to our friends/guild, etc.

Now, all we have is a few pieces of gear and some social items in the shop right now, and when the time comes to add new things in slowly as explained, people will JUMP ALL OVER those items and THEY WONT BE EXCLUSIVE! Who is going to care any when half the server is wearing those gear pieces because only one thing was added to the store in a certain month. Nobody will! Now, I can't guarantee that people would care if there was 200 different items in the store at launch, but I can say that it would of been exclusive and a large majority of the server wouldn't have just one certain item.

To be honest now, I'm probably not even going to buy anything from the CE store because everyone will have the item that they added for any given time. kthxbye

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue is that you made assumptions not supported by the information given. You assumed there would be tons of options instead of just options. There weren't enough options to support your personal desires, and now you're upset that they've indicated there likely will be eventually, but that it's a secondary priority to other facets of the game.

And you're upset that others will have those things too? As though you thought there were other players who didn't also purchase the Collectors Edition? What, did you think BioWare was going to put the vendor there just for you?

I'm glad I had a regular edition and a CE waiting for me and I had a chance to really look into what CE was offering.

Personally, the CE didn't impress me and I'm glad I saved a LOT of money.

I'm sure the vendors will get more stuff but honestly, I dislike the look of about 90% of the gear in this game, so I felt like the CE vendor would likely just have more armors I don't like the look of that would still cost me like 20k per piece... so... pass.

Anyhoo, quite a few threads about people feeling the CE vendor was pretty 'lacking'. I hope you CE people get some good stuff in the future.

The issue is that you made assumptions not supported by the information given. You assumed there would be tons of options instead of just options. There weren't enough options to support your personal desires, and now you're upset that they've indicated there likely will be eventually, but that it's a secondary priority to other facets of the game.

And you're upset that others will have those things too? As though you thought there were other players who didn't also purchase the Collectors Edition? What, did you think BioWare was going to put the vendor there just for you?

Some classes have nothing in the CE store. That's not options.

Did you even read what I stated closely... no seriously.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed with the CE vendor, although I guess I'll have to wait for them to add more stuff to it. It's not so exclusive when there is really nothing to offer.

Most of the stuff is very high priced and not worth buying at all. Hopefully this gets turned around.

On another note I did like the CE stuff that came in the box, all of it was very high grade and good quality.

Edited by SWGVet

Did you even read what I stated closely... no seriously.

The items will still be exclusive because only CE owners can get them. Just because there are a lot of CE owners doesn't remove the fact that the items are exclusive. Your complaint is all on you. You were expecting something that was not advertised.

The items will still be exclusive because only CE owners can get them. Just because there are a lot of CE owners doesn't remove the fact that the items are exclusive. Your complaint is all on you. You were expecting something that was not advertised.

I watched Stephen Reid and other developers say that the THE WHOLE CE VIP AREA would be exclusive TO US, but then that got overturned.

Then I was informed that the CE store would be filled with a VARIETY of different items social AND gear AT LAUNCH, but that clearly didn't happen.

Need proof? I can get it to you, but nonetheless I was expecting something THAT WAS advertised. Don't tell us otherwise.

Edited by Curivity

Who is going to care any when half the server is wearing those gear pieces because only one thing was added to the store in a certain month. Nobody will!

Since when do people care what another person is wearing anyways? Wear what you want, if half the server is wearing it who cares? Did you really buy the CE just so people(though they won't anyways) look at you in awe because your wearing a certain piece of gear?

Since when do people care what another person is wearing anyways? Wear what you want, if half the server is wearing it who cares? Did you really buy the CE just so people(though they won't anyways) look at you in awe because your wearing a certain piece of gear?

You obviously didn't read the topic clear enough, I was referring to guild mates / friends, etc. I don't really care what the general public thinks, because I know they don't care. That's a no brainer.

I watched Stephen Reid and other developers say that the THE WHOLE CE VIP AREA would be exclusive TO US, but then that got overturned.

Then I was informed that the CE store would be filled with a VARIETY of different items social AND gear AT LAUNCH, but that clearly didn't happen.

Need proof? I can get it to you, but nonetheless I was expecting something THAT WAS advertised. Don't tell us otherwise.

You are correct. ^

I look at the actual advertisement and I see no mention of the VIP area being exclusive (even back when the editions were first announced). I see a CE vendor that is exclusive and that is all. I go to the store and I see a variety of items. A variety does not have to be a lot of items, just simply different kinds of items.

I look at the actual advertisement and I see no mention of the VIP area being exclusive (even back when the editions were first announced). I see a CE vendor that is exclusive and that is all. I go to the store and I see a variety of items. A variety does not have to be a lot of items, just simply different kinds of items.

Shouldn't there be at least one item for everyone?

There isn't.

"We'll be adding new content over time, but other areas of development are a higher priority right now."

Is the official word on this.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=72884&page=10

I payed for a system to be in place already with various types of gear and items that would be exclusive to CE holders from the get go. I was led to believe we would have tons of different items to choose from and show off to our friends/guild, etc.

Now, all we have is a few pieces of gear and some social items in the shop right now, and when the time comes to add new things in slowly as explained, people will JUMP ALL OVER those items and THEY WONT BE EXCLUSIVE! Who is going to care any when half the server is wearing those gear pieces because only one thing was added to the store in a certain month. Nobody will! Now, I can't guarantee that people would care if there was 200 different items in the store at launch, but I can say that it would of been exclusive and a large majority of the server wouldn't have just one certain item.

To be honest now, I'm probably not even going to buy anything from the CE store because everyone will have the item that they added for any given time. kthxbye

you think you got riped off, i got the Dig delx edition, I get to go in to the VIP room and guess what I get... nothing but a speeder for 1.5mil, some VIP room huh...

1. Look at this video - at 15:10

No debate there, Stephen Reid said CLEARLY and PLAINLY that the AREA would be EXCLUSIVE to CE holders. There is no misunderstanding there whatsoever, no matter what ANYONE says. It is told by the community director's lips.

2. You can't tell me anyone here would think that the variety described by developers is what we expected. We expected variety meant more than just 1 gear set, 2 companion gear sets and a few social items. I can't even use anything in there as a Consular.

Edited by Curivity

1. Look at this video - at 18:10

There was also another video before that that which they stated it was for CE's only as well.

Stephen Reid said CLEARLY and PLAINLY that the AREA would be EXCLUSIVE to CE holders. There is no misunderstanding there whatsoever, no matter what ANYONE says. It is told by the community director's lips.

2. You can't tell me anyone here would think that the variety described by developers is what we expected. We expected variety meant more than just 1 gear set, 2 companion gear sets and a few social items. I can't even use anything in there as a Consular.

he said excusive to VIPs, and then he said "with credits"

the VIP ring you can buy with credits lol

Oh. So you're just one of those fanbois that's going to defend BioWare/EA no matter what. I get it. No need to keep posting!

No I'm just pointing out what was advertised does not mean what you think it means. I would like more in the store, but realize that it is still what was advertised.

Edited by Noth

1. Look at this video - at 18:10

Stephen Reid said CLEARLY and PLAINLY that the AREA would be EXCLUSIVE to CE holders. There is no misunderstanding there whatsoever, no matter what ANYONE says. It is told by the community director's lips.

He said no such thing. He said that the area where the vendor is would be "exclusive to the people who have access." That part was 100% true (if really vague). He did not say it would be exclusive to CE owners.

Edited by imtrick