CE Vendor.... Ripoff

Curivity

No I'm just pointing out what was advertised does not mean what you think it means.

Look, you really don't need to post anymore. You're going to defend BioWare/EA no matter what anyone else says. We get it. Some of us are unhappy with the CE vendor and we're expressing our displeasure on these forums. If you don't like it, that's fine, but BioWare/EA really doesn't need you to defend them.

I, for one, expected at least equal gear for each class. As it stands now, the Imperial store has more stuff than the Republic store, there is no medium or heavy armor on any of the special vendors, and some classes actually have absolutely nothing at all in the CE store. I find this situation unacceptable and I want to make my displeasure known to BioWare/EA.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of entitlement of the kids in this forum is already driving me away. It's disgusting.

From telling BW to implement x feature NOW or i'm not playing, to things like this. I sincerely believe that it's the vocal minority but lord almighty. Get a grip.

The amount of entitlement of the kids in this forum is already driving me away. It's disgusting.

From telling BW to implement x feature NOW or i'm not playing, to things like this. I sincerely believe that it's the vocal minority but lord almighty. Get a grip.

I don't think that you understand what entitlement means. I'm a paying customer. I paid the cost of the CE with certain expectations that were based on the information available to me, including the SW:TOR website, comments made by the game's developers, and past experiences with CEs from BioWare and EA. The resulting product did not live up to those expectations and I am letting BioWare/EA know of my displeasure.

Further, this topic serves as a warning to others who might consider a CE purchase.

1. Look at this video - at 18:10

There was also another video before that that which they stated it was for CE's only as well.

Stephen Reid said CLEARLY and PLAINLY that the AREA would be EXCLUSIVE to CE holders. There is no misunderstanding there whatsoever, no matter what ANYONE says. It is told by the community director's lips.

2. You can't tell me anyone here would think that the variety described by developers is what we expected. We expected variety meant more than just 1 gear set, 2 companion gear sets and a few social items. I can't even use anything in there as a Consular.

I just watched said video at said time period and this is what is said about the CE vendor: (paraphrased: there will be a mixture of cosmetic items and functional items, the functional items will be equivalent to other in game items.) this does not mean everyone will get something right away.

also you talk about the EXCLUSIVE CE VIP AREA... oh they mentioned NOTHING of the CE being the only one that even has access they said it is in the VIP area. and one even SAYS you can purchase access!

if you are going to defend your assumptions or someone's point please make sure you know what is there and not what you THINK YOU HEAR.

I ordered the CE not for the vendor, i actually didn't see the vendor there... i ordered it because I am a star wars fan and I wanted a sith statue on my desk! the rest was gravy.

This argument now holds no value since everything you base it upon is fictional and is only your biased opinion. good bye... rage quit if you wish since you were proven wrong.

Darth Freki

Look, you really don't need to post anymore. You're going to defend BioWare/EA no matter what anyone else says. We get it. Some of us are unhappy with the CE vendor and we're expressing our displeasure on these forums. If you don't like it, that's fine, but BioWare/EA really doesn't need you to defend them.

I, for one, expected at least equal gear for each class. As it stands now, the Imperial store has more stuff than the Republic store, there is no medium or heavy armor on any of the special vendors, and some classes actually have absolutely nothing at all in the CE store. I find this situation unacceptable and I want to make my displeasure known to BioWare/EA.

Express displeasure all you want, just don't call it false advertising. Also realize that what you expect is not always what you get. It is still what they advertised. And no I don't agree with everything Bioware does. I just tld you I'd like more in the vendors. Also if you were in beta you would had probably seen my posts butting heads with Bioware.

I don't think that you understand what entitlement means. I'm a paying customer. I paid the cost of the CE with certain expectations that were based on the information available to me, including the SW:TOR website, comments made by the game's developers, and past experiences with CEs from BioWare and EA. The resulting product did not live up to those expectations and I am letting BioWare/EA know of my displeasure.

Further, this topic serves as a warning to others who might consider a CE purchase.

Took the words right out of my mouth ^^

I just watched said video at said time period and this is what is said about the CE vendor: (paraphrased: there will be a mixture of cosmetic items and functional items, the functional items will be equivalent to other in game items.) this does not mean everyone will get something right away.

also you talk about the EXCLUSIVE CE VIP AREA... oh they mentioned NOTHING of the CE being the only one that even has access they said it is in the VIP area. and one even SAYS you can purchase access!

if you are going to defend your assumptions or someone's point please make sure you know what is there and not what you THINK YOU HEAR.

I ordered the CE not for the vendor, i actually didn't see the vendor there... i ordered it because I am a star wars fan and I wanted a sith statue on my desk! the rest was gravy.

This argument now holds no value since everything you base it upon is fictional and is only your biased opinion. good bye... rage quit if you wish since you were proven wrong.

Darth Freki

No actually, there is another video, and there may be somebody else with the link, from a panel previously with a snippet where the developers explained that the VIP area would be for the CE's only. I just can't seem to find it at this time, but don't call my argument fictional until you have waited and seen all the facts.

Edited by Curivity

Please since you expect equal gear for all classes, go to Austin, then march right into the bioware offices and slam your fist down, demand to be on the design team for gear and MAKE IT HAPPEN! or even better, come up with an idea that is newish, or something you have found a way to update it to something new. develop it, and make it what you want and you will get what you want.

Darth Freki

I'm glad I had a regular edition and a CE waiting for me and I had a chance to really look into what CE was offering.

Personally, the CE didn't impress me and I'm glad I saved a LOT of money.

I'm sure the vendors will get more stuff but honestly, I dislike the look of about 90% of the gear in this game, so I felt like the CE vendor would likely just have more armors I don't like the look of that would still cost me like 20k per piece... so... pass.

Anyhoo, quite a few threads about people feeling the CE vendor was pretty 'lacking'. I hope you CE people get some good stuff in the future.

DITTO !! I learnd along time ago CE was just a waste of money. They always add or give the CE stuff away as vet rewards.

Took the words right out of my mouth ^^

Well while the words are out how about you replace them with a dummy!!!!! I know it's a natural human instinct to complain but bejesus with all the crap in the world your having a hissy fit over what a CE vendor offers you (as you misinterpreted the information given to you about said vendors)

Final word get a grip or atleast as your mum for a hug :D

You obviously didn't read the topic clear enough, I was referring to guild mates / friends, etc. I don't really care what the general public thinks, because I know they don't care. That's a no brainer.

As a member of the general public, I'd have to agree with your assessment.

Oh, I quite understand the concept. I have a teenager.

Now that what you (mis)perceived the reward to be, it did not live up to your expectations and you feel you deserve something more. In reality, the CE (I have it) fully lived up to my expectations, even exceeding them with several exclusive bits on the CE vendor (pets, etc).

So, please don't lecture me. They delivered on exactly what was said on the box. Any further unhappiness on your part is unfounded.

No actually, there is another video, and there may be somebody else with the link, from a panel previously with a snippet where the developers explained that the VIP area would be for the CE's only. I just can't seem to find it at this time, but don't call my argument fictional until you have waited and seen all the facts.

you presented a video, a time index to look to and let it prove your point. it did not, it actually REFUTED your argument. present the CORRECT video and i will re-evaluate your argument then. till then you have no basis for your argument except what you wanted when you bought the CE. I have been called a liar by a customer at my work that said I did not explain things, yet i'm the one that ALWAYS tells everyone I deal with the truth and everything and I've been written up for it. my supervisors AND managers have backed me up with that even though I don't do what they want and shorten my talks to customers they know I tell them what needs to be known and will have my back.

so if you want all the facts to be reviewed and it is your argument, then present them, don't tell me to go prove your point, i will not do what you want but I will look at what you present.

Darth Freki

Now that what you (mis)perceived the reward to be, it did not live up to your expectations and you feel you deserve something more. In reality, the CE (I have it) fully lived up to my expectations, even exceeding them with several exclusive bits on the CE vendor (pets, etc).

So, please don't lecture me. They delivered on exactly what was said on the box. Any further unhappiness on your part is unfounded.

To a certain extent your argument is invalid, the developers have explained before that the CE vendor would include a dynamic assortment of gear / social items at launch, and on the republic side, that wasn't delivered to what was put out there for people to believe.

i think its funny people think its a smart idea to buy something (gear) in a video game via real life purchases just to start off. 2ndly, and most importantly, I'm laughing right now because I found out there are people out there who really thought BW was going to Really epic gear from a Special vendor accessible only to people who paid an outrageous amount of money to have said access, in a monthly subscripion base game at that!

More important issues are back this way------->http://www.swtor.com/community/

Actually I really like my CE except in game stuff I only get vette skin that's all

also "We'll be adding new content over time, but other areas of development are a higher priority right now." is big BS if you ask me ... do you really think they will add stuff there in half year or so for what 2000 people? no they do not care anymore they got our money ...

Edited by Lakshri

That's absurd. Using your logic, every product that you've ever been satisfied with must also be satisfactory to everyone else that's ever purchased said product. Do you see how ridiculous that is?

Posting about the CE vendor on the forum is the most logical course of action if I am unsatisfied with said vendor. That's what I'm doing. If you're satisfied with the CE vendor, then by all means post as much, but don't assume that everyone has the same opinion that you do.

To a certain extent your argument is invalid, the developers have explained before that the CE vendor would include a dynamic assortment of gear / social items at launch, and on the republic side, that wasn't delivered to what was put out there for people to believe.

It has an assortment of gear and social items. It's too soon to say it is dynamic as nothing hs been changed about it yet. Variety and assortment do not say anything regarding how much will be there nor that every class will have something.

i think its funny people think its a smart idea to buy something (gear) in a video game via real life purchases just to start off. 2ndly, and most importantly, I'm laughing right now because I found out there are people out there who really thought BW was going to Really epic gear from a Special vendor accessible only to people who paid an outrageous amount of money to have said access, in a monthly subscripion base game at that!

You're understanding of this topic is flawed. Please try again.

This guy gets it, take your pets and be happy with a decent product that in all reality you should not expect so much from in terms of the types of item this type of purchase typically entails

where does the term dynamic assortment = gear for all classes? dynamic means changing, assortment means a selection. so apparently you looked at the CE when there was no gear for your class. for that I'm sorry.. maybe I'll make an app to tell you when it has your gear. the game is 4 days old! ok 11 if you count the early access.. nothing is said about when the stock will change.

Darth Freki

where does the term dynamic assortment = gear for all classes? dynamic means changing, assortment means a selection. so apparently you looked at the CE when there was no gear for your class. for that I'm sorry.. maybe I'll make an app to tell you when it has your gear. the game is 4 days old! ok 11 if you count the early access.. nothing is said about when the stock will change.

Darth Freki

Dynamic assortment of items at launch.