CE Vendor.... Ripoff

Curivity

It truly feels good to see all the trolls who put idiotic key signatures about having CE now whining about the CE vendor not having anything worthwhile. Brings a smile to my face this Christmas. Thanks for that.

Knowing all the trolls who teased the rest of us nonstop got coal in their stockings is amazing.

yes I love the iorny... also i love it when people look at something and hear other things.

Cur i will make one final statement: the other dev DID NOT AGREE it was CE only he said VIP. and that is factual (i'm not 100% sure it was said vip but it was definately NOT CE.

Darth Freki

ps: to everyone, I am done with this gentle person abreviated CUR. I sent a pm saying i would not reply to those statements, but i had to make sure the truth is spoke, if you doubt me please go back to the second video time index about 15 minutes, and listen to the second dev NOT agree it is CE only. this is why i did reply to it. the truth must be found and in a conversation, there is always one more side than the number of participants: the truth.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It truly feels good to see all the trolls who put idiotic key signatures about having CE now whining about the CE vendor not having anything worthwhile. Brings a smile to my face this Christmas. Thanks for that.

Knowing all the trolls who teased the rest of us nonstop got coal in their stockings is amazing.

Oh and PS it was common knowledge that everything on the CE vendor would be available to the rest of us through other means. You also knew nothing on it would be an advantage over other players. Curiosity killed the cat and the way you people bragged about having CE there's no way you can really expect us to feel sorry for you. Enjoy your purchase, haha.

I actually never teased, or had anything related to the CE benefits in my signature, stop being stereotypical, frankly I'm tired of it on these forums.

Edited by Curivity

Exactly what happened with Star Trek Online. Total BS they came out with and now all the stuff you got in your DDE or CE is now available for free or via the in-game shop for real cash. Even the "VIP" area exclusive to lifetimers is now open to all.

One reason I cancelled my SWTOR CE and went for DDE is because I don't really want real-world items and the digital products will probably come in the game to all eventually. Playing the SWTOR Beta also helped me decide :rolleyes:

QFE STO was the LAST CE i will ever buy because of that! everything that was EXCLUSIVE is not. Heck they even gave away the Conny that was Exclusive to preorder!

For the price the CE ingame items were a Mouse droid! Big Whoop!

I actually never teased, or had anything related to the CE benefits in my signature, stop stereotyping.

So you say, but considering there's even at least one on this page why are you ignoring it?

Where when you when they spent all their time trolling about it? Why do you expect us to feel sorry for you given all the trolling before the game even launched?

You spent money hoping for something better than the rest of us would have even though it was stated you wouldn't receive an advantage. Rare items no one else can get sounds like an advantage, even if they don't have stats.

Prestige has value, real money shouldn't garner in game prestige.

Oh and PS it was common knowledge that everything on the CE vendor would be available to the rest of us through other means. You also knew nothing on it would be an advantage over other players. Curiosity killed the cat and the way you people bragged about having CE there's no way you can really expect us to feel sorry for you. Enjoy your purchase, haha.

Yes we are all trolls because we did not get what was promised?

also as I said before I like my CE except that vendor that part is just rip off

and yes I can complain as much as I want because I almost paid 200$ for it (retail europe price) and walked 45 kilometres on foot to airport to get it because there was some problem in customs department

I know people that got CE just because digital items and now are pissed off ...

I wonder how would you feel if you spend 100$ More just to find there isn't anything you can use.

and I really doubt that they will add something exclusive for CE owners BW/EA got their money and that admin said they have other plans for now so that mean we will never see it ... or are you that stupid and you believe they will add something just for CE owners next year or so? No one will remember at that time

So you say, but considering there's even at least one on this page why are you ignoring it?

Where when you when they spent all their time trolling about it? Why do you expect us to feel sorry for you given all the trolling before the game even launched?

You spent money hoping for something better than the rest of us would have even though it was stated you wouldn't receive an advantage. Rare items no one else can get sounds like an advantage, even if they don't have stats.

Prestige has value, real money shouldn't garner in game prestige.

There you go again, stop being stereotypical. The smarter people have already left the topic, and the blatantly accusing have entered. Don't try to make me feel guilty by asking me where I was when all this started, It doesn't relate to me. And my intention was to expose this issue, and I was never for spending my money to get something that was better or provided me an advantage over items given to regular members.

Edited by Curivity

You got the chance to tote that stupid sig and feel proud of yourself for overspending. Cry more.

Nice troll sig btw. Maybe next time you won't think you can buy your way into in game prestige. Have fun with your crappy items no one cares about and you aren't even happy with.

also as I said before I like my CE except that vendor that part is just rip off

and yes I can complain as much as I want because I almost paid 200$ for it (retail europe price) and walked 45 kilometres on foot to airport to get it because there was some problem in customs department

I know people that got CE just because digital items and now are pissed off ...

I wonder how would you feel if you spend 100$ More just to find there isn't anything you can use.

and I really doubt that they will add something exclusive for CE owners BW/EA got their money and that admin said they have other plans for now so that mean we will never see it ... or are you that stupid and you believe they will add something just for CE owners next year or so? No one will remember at that time

Edited by PhoenixStar

Point me to where they say "Large variety of items for all classes." They don't. They just say an assortment of pets, social items, and gear which it does have.

Well , stephen reid is pretty good about responding to twitter, want to get his attention, that is the way.

@rockjaw

@jamesohlen

Personally, i am disappointed as well, but i also believe they will add more vendor items in through the life of the game. But that is not an excuse, i personally only bought the CE for the store, and the only useable item in there was the companion skin.

Hell we dont even have an exclusive mount. We should have a mount for level 25, 40 and 50. Instead there is one VIP mount that anyone with credits can buy, real exclusive there.

Im so glad i broke my neck to preorder this CE as early as possible, then went 2 hours out of my way to pick it up.

Point me to where they say "Large variety of items for all classes." They don't. They just say an assortment of pets, social items, and gear which it does have.

You are seriously defending this, with that argument?

So you believe it is alright that with 8 classes, 16 advance classes, the CE shop should only cater to about 10% of the classes?

Is that what you are saying?

So you believe it is alright that with 8 classes, 16 advance classes, the CE shop should only cater to about 10% of the classes?

You seriously thought you could buy rare items no one else could get?

I'm pointing out there is a difference between what was said and what people expect. You get exactly what was said. It's typically a good idea to take statements at face value rather than add your own expectations to them.

I'm pointing out there is a difference between what was said and what people expect. You get exactly what was said. It's typically a good idea to take statements at face value rather than add your own expectations to them.

This. Karma is also what people say so they really should've expected that as well.

You got the chance to tote that stupid sig and feel proud of yourself for overspending. Cry more.

Nice troll sig btw. Maybe next time you won't think you can buy your way into in game prestige. Have fun with your crappy items no one cares about and you aren't even happy with.

I am not sure what you mean

if you mean that I excepted to have lighsaber+ 10000 awesomeness at CE vendor then you are wrong

what we all wanted is social items / armor skins and so on

Also when you buy CE you buy it to show you appreciation and support for developer not just Flex with your items

but people like you probably never will never understand that ... also what are you doing here? This is no place for you as it does not concern you one bit

You seriously thought you could buy rare items no one else could get?

also yes if items are pure cosmetics then yes ... this is same with any CE in any MMO l2 / wow / gw /aion ....

Edited by Lakshri

We have 2 burdens now on my topic that, In my opinion, have added no constructive additions to the discussion.

Noth - Who has no grasp on common sense and marketing direction.

And

PhoenixStar - Who is accusing and is being stereotypical against me and some other constructive partakers.

Flame me all you want, but it's true.

We have 2 burdens now on my topic that, In my opinion, have added no constructive additions to the discussion.

Noth - Who has no grasp on common sense and marketing direction.

And

PhoenixStar - Who is accusing and is being stereotypical against me and some other constructive partakers.

Flame me all you want, but it's true.

It's common sense to add your own expectations on a product instead of taking it at face value? Glad I don't have common sense then

They say assortment of items, you get an assortment of items, dynamic we have yet to see.

oh btw: your comment about 8 classes and 16 advanced classes. not truly correct and here is why:

look at imperial operative. now look at smuggler... hey they both look to have the ability cover, a major aspect of it. they have an advanced class that is heavily involved with that one, ok now look at the sith warrior... they can be a juggernaught, or a marauder... the jedi knight can be guardian or sentinel. hmmm marauder and sentinel both wield dual sabers... guardian and jug are also single saber tanks... so it's truely 4 classes, 8 advanced classes, but each has a secondary/different name depending on what faction you play.

Darth Freki

It's common sense to add your own expectations on a product instead of taking it at face value? Glad I don't have common sense then

They say assortment of items, you get an assortment of items, dynamic we have yet to see.

Common sense - What you grasp as an "assortment"

Case closed, topic finished. Done.

"We'll be adding new content over time, but other areas of development are a higher priority right now."

Is the official word on this.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=72884&page=10

Who is going to care any when half the server is wearing those gear pieces because only one thing was added to the store in a certain month. Nobody will!

I certainly won't and don't. From my point of view you spent $150 so you could have access to pixels that do....nothing!

the information given, even now on the advertising page on this website, describes the vendor as being 'dynamic.'

if the system is not in place, the advertising is fraudulent.

we made our decision to buy based on 'the information given.'

what now?

You're kidding, right? We're a week in. For it to be "dynamic," it just needs to change... eventually. How you can immediately assume the advertising could be fraudulent is... well, premature is about the nicest word I can think of for it.

Hey, I'd like to see more stuff in the CE store, too, but using words like "rip-off," "fraudulent," and "false advertising" just makes you come off as a bit of a paranoid, and isn't helping your case at all.

Edited by imtrick

"We'll be adding new content over time, but other areas of development are a higher priority right now."

Is the official word on this.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=72884&page=10

I payed for a system to be in place already with various types of gear and items that would be exclusive to CE holders from the get go. I was led to believe we would have tons of different items to choose from and show off to our friends/guild, etc.

Now, all we have is a few pieces of gear and some social items in the shop right now, and when the time comes to add new things in slowly as explained, people will JUMP ALL OVER those items and THEY WONT BE EXCLUSIVE! Who is going to care any when half the server is wearing those gear pieces because only one thing was added to the store in a certain month. Nobody will! Now, I can't guarantee that people would care if there was 200 different items in the store at launch, but I can say that it would of been exclusive and a large majority of the server wouldn't have just one certain item.

To be honest now, I'm probably not even going to buy anything from the CE store because everyone will have the item that they added for any given time. kthxbye

It pains me to watch special little snowflakes hit the pavement and melt away.