Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Gunslinger + Sniper

TaitWatson

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well not a good start in my view, they're *********** up EMP discharge and taking AOE off frag grenade? Nothing I see from what I've read there makes me think they've done a good job with engineering. Good way to make the spec far less fun to play.

Edit: Not to mention a new expansion but virtually no new abilities? Sorry but that's extremely disappointing. (obviously talking from an engineering point of view)

Edited by BaineOs

I don't see mention of changes to the Virulence tree that lets Corrosive Mine interact with Cull. It is a poison effect. Either change it so it works, or change the description of Cull so it specifically states what powers it interacts with. A DoT that has 'Corrosive' in it's name, but doesn't act like Corrosive Grenade for this purpose should be clearer in it's tooltip.

That loss of purge from dodge for my slinger seems very painful given current meta of PvP. Of course that is current meta and only speculation of DOTs in 3.0 and their effectiveness have been made.

EDIT and how does that help Sab? All you effectively did was take the CD reset away from sabotage? I already could do a 2 second stun by hitting the enemy with incediary grenade. You actually nerfed me if I am actually losing the entrench reset on it as well as now having to use sabotage in order to get the stun where I didn't before.

/SMH

Edited by Technohic

Wow! Sniper is my favorite class and I love full marksman so I am loving this. I just have to say VERY VERY nice changes and those passives! Great, great job! Love it! I can't wait. This is too good to be true. To some of those who are very upset, chill out. It's not as bad as you think at all. Edited by Sarfux

I don't understand why you would change frag grenade in the way you did instead of just buffing snipe or some other single target attack for the spec or specs that needed it?

It's not game breaking but it is very counter intuitive to have a sudo-AoE in the form of a grenade.

*** Bioware! Really your giving Marksmen ambush and screwing engineering. I mean seriously give engineering a new move you lazy people. This is why I might leave SWTOR because of this crap you keep doing to the only.classes I love to play. I guess I don't love them anymore due to this crap.

Bioware: "Hmm how do we make engineering feel like it has a smoother rotation?" "I know. We take what they do in 2 abilities and make them have to use a 3rd!" "Yeah; and we don't even have to make a new 3rd ability to do so. We can gut another ability they already have to do it and remove the awesome things it already does to do part of this!" "Brilliant!"

FYI. I liked Sab for it not having a rotation so set in stone. They probably are not making sab any weaker and may be making it stronger, but you're ruining the feel for those of us that actually liked it how it was.

FYI. I liked Sab for it not having a rotation so set in stone. They probably are not making sab any weaker and may be making it stronger, but you're ruining the feel for those of us that actually liked it how it was.

Yup, agree with you 100% there dude.

What Eng/Sab players were really starved for energy with cool head and sab both on CD? Were you using thermal grenade as filler?

I just never had that issue and I didn't use thermal grenade unless I needed some more AOE, but even then, it didn't hit that hard for the energy it cost and I was perfectly fine with hot pursuit and quick shot when needed.

uh... can i just keep my purge and not take the ability that replaces it with 75% ranged defense? i'd much much rather have a self purge than a bunch more defense for 3 seconds. like 9/10 situations in pve.

Yeah. This was the first thing that bothered me before I got to the sab changes. Purge is nice now in both PvE and PvP and come 3.0 where a healer cannot cleanse DOTs? FTL

What Eng/Sab players were really starved for energy with cool head and sab both on CD? Were you using thermal grenade as filler?

I just never had that issue and I didn't use thermal grenade unless I needed some more AOE, but even then, it didn't hit that hard for the energy it cost and I was perfectly fine with hot pursuit and quick shot when needed.

I only think in sniper terms soz dude, thermal grenade = frag grenade? Should probably say that I pvp not pve for reference.

Frag was never part of a rotation for me but there were situations where I used it for damage sure but mostly when I was on the move being mobile. The utility it provided in helping interrupt people capping objectives was for me it's biggest plus. PVP is highly situational so there were many different ways it could be used in addition to aoe for a cluster of people grouped together and on solo targets. If you catch my drift?

I only think in sniper terms soz dude, thermal grenade = frag grenade? Should probably say that I pvp not pve for reference.

Frag was never part of a rotation for me but there were situations where I used it for damage sure but mostly when I was on the move being mobile. The utility it provided in helping interrupt people capping objectives was for me it's biggest plus. PVP is highly situational so there were many different ways it could be used in addition to aoe for a cluster of people grouped together and on solo targets. If you catch my drift?

Yeah, thats about all I used it for. Someone standing next to a node capping and I don;t need LOS with the AOE right next to them, or for the group capping.

Now I am starting to linger on that dodge change. Losing the purge for a whole 3 seconds of invincibility would not make up for it. That is much to short of time for it to be even close to comparable.

Now I am starting to linger on that dodge change. Losing the purge for a whole 3 seconds of invincibility would not make up for it. That is much to short of time for it to be even close to comparable.

the main problem about this is exactly how MUCH utility a purge brings to the table in both pve and pvp. you can participate in a raid mechanic more effectively if you can take care of a lethal status effect without entirely relying on the healers. giving healers a little more breathing room to heal instead of cleanse is so important that, imo, the only reasonable change would be to turn the ability into a 3 second immunity to all damaging effects while still being able to cast.

Partially agree with you there, both effects taken separately are highly useful. The damage reduction we're getting I imagine will be highly useful in arena's I imagine but for me I dislike having to use it when I'm getting focused and not being able to mitigate the damage of ravage from juggas/sentinels (I know they are having some changes but you understand what I'm saying for discussion purposes). I think they should have found a way to give that without adding it onto evasion.

The purge....I don't know what to think of it to be honest. What I do know is dots not being cleansable is going to increase the amount of LOS we're going to have to deal with and that is nothing short of highly irritating at the best of times. Keep us los and dotting us knowing that we can't do anything about it. If we move then we open ourselves up to attack from other classes. I guess for me it's going to be something I'll have to see how it goes when 3.0 hits. It's going to be missed but to some degree at least partially replaced with the new evasion, we'll just have to relearn when the best time to use it is.