Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Gunslinger + Sniper

TaitWatson

Dey dun rekt my main mein. Dis means war.

I'll be shelving my slinger permanently it looks like. Way to go BW give everything to the force users and vanguards and totally leave behind the sling/ snipes.

My scoundrel seems to be the way to go although I didn't see anything they really needed added like a flat DR or an armor rating increase; to help with QOL.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://dulfy.net/2014/11/27/swtor-smuggleragent-class-changes-livestream-notes-and-ability-animations/

Do you think utilities now provide gunslingers with enough defense to be competitive ranked PvP?

We will have to wait and see. Biggest issue with gunslingers is in solo ranked as random pugs don’t know how to play with a gunslinger.

I LOL'd. :D L2P, H2F and hug the pillars all over again. :rolleyes:

As a founding player, I stopped playing a few days after update to strongholds. I was not happy / very bored with game to that point, then was REALLY disgusted with the extreme mat requirements to craft worthless trinkets / fluff stuff.

When I saw the 3.0 update has new level cap / storyline, re-subbed a few days ago to check out new content.

As a Gunslinger who plays solo (game could be offline play for me), I'm losing Aim Shot in saboteur tree (opener used on elites / champions), and will have to wait to see how changes to thermal grenade affects my personal style of play. Not good so far.

From dev post: " Thermal Grenade is now a single target ability, which allows it to deal more damage. But it still deals area damage to any weak or standard enemies near the primary target, which makes it quite effective against crowds that include weak and standard enemies"

While my play style is solo, I am in a small guild. I craft stuff for guildies to help them level. I have 13 level 55's. Have all six crafts, rest are support toons for getting mats. Having 65 comps to send out on crafting missions takes LOTS of credits, so my time is used grinding dailies for creds / mat gathering. I have 8 chars with slicing, yet still have a difficult time getting Thermal Regulators for crafting augs. I'm sure getting mats for crafting new augs in 3.0 will be even worse.

From what I'm reading, I may not play long enough to hit new level cap.

As a founding player, I stopped playing a few days after update to strongholds. I was not happy / very bored with game to that point, then was REALLY disgusted with the extreme mat requirements to craft worthless trinkets / fluff stuff.

When I saw the 3.0 update has new level cap / storyline, re-subbed a few days ago to check out new content.

As a Gunslinger who plays solo (game could be offline play for me), I'm losing Aim Shot in saboteur tree (opener used on elites / champions), and will have to wait to see how changes to thermal grenade affects my personal style of play. Not good so far.

From dev post: " Thermal Grenade is now a single target ability, which allows it to deal more damage. But it still deals area damage to any weak or standard enemies near the primary target, which makes it quite effective against crowds that include weak and standard enemies"

While my play style is solo, I am in a small guild. I craft stuff for guildies to help them level. I have 13 level 55's. Have all six crafts, rest are support toons for getting mats. Having 65 comps to send out on crafting missions takes LOTS of credits, so my time is used grinding dailies for creds / mat gathering. I have 8 chars with slicing, yet still have a difficult time getting Thermal Regulators for crafting augs. I'm sure getting mats for crafting new augs in 3.0 will be even worse.

From what I'm reading, I may not play long enough to hit new level cap.

How did this devolve into a conversation about mat gathering. Look man you got no one to blame but yourself. The mat requirements for mk comp's for furniture or war supplies are far from extreme especially with someone with as many alts as you. If you're not smart enough to make a profit or at least break even for you efforts that's your own fault. I've made millions of cred's on a small server since gsh, and I have half the alts you have. So yeah it be nice if things took less mats for YOU, but that would also cut into my profits :D

Edited by TezMoney

GJ of doing not much and I mean not much !!!! Still nothing that heals us like the other classes, because of that you hope you get the right damage for not having that heal. But of course not! And fixa that entrench reduces all damage from "all" sources not all area damage. I why must i be in cover to do orbital strike and suppresive fire. Did you rally have to change that. everthing must be done in cover! SO BAD SO BAD. What are you thinking are you even! Look what you did with the shadow omg impossible to get to stuck now. Allways a why out for them but not us snipers, just die and die. One class is god and others are like small puppet soliders! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::

• 2 weeks later...
This is so true. It feels like the whole design principle recently is all about making 'rotations, rotations and rotations'; just giving all classes an obvious set of moves - that will always be the best - and that everyone can subscribe to.

If you make every class have the same set of moves, and you equalize them to be equal strength, wouldn't that just create a stalemate in PVP? Diversity in tactics, armor and abilities is what makes the game interesting... building the perfect character. If we all have cookie cutter classes that Bioware engineers to be equal strength, what's the fun? I want a unique character that can snipe and throw grenades, or can shoot and heal... a hybrid that reflects my personal style. The less customization you have, the less these characters feel like my own. And the less they feel like my own, then the less I want to play them.